A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any macro experts? - nonexpert

Posted: May 14, 2013

So I have all these templates to pull into a single document all the time depending on what the patient is being seen for.  I also have to put the name, dob, etc, in a particular place in all of these templates.  Is there anyway to make a macro that will ask me the pertinent info up front and then when done it all just populates ready for me to just type?  This is in Word by the way.

you can put in jump markers - OHMT

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have Word 2003, pull up your template. Put the cursor where you want a jump marker. Enter Ctrl + F9 to set the marker. You will see this: { }. However, this will NOT show up on your template when you pull it into your document. Be sure to save the changes after you're done adding in all of your jump markers.

When you pull your template up, in order to jump to each of your jump markers, use the F11 key. Each time you hit F11, it will jump to the next marker in the template.

Hope this helps!

Similar Messages:

Hem/Onc Experts?
Jun 01, 2010

It seems everywhere I check on this I come up with differing opinions, so I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a rather hard-and-fast rule. Are stations and levels standardized now as roman or alpha?  For example, is it "station 11R" or "station XIR" lymph nodes?  To my non-expert eye, the "11R" is much more reader-friendly but I know things don't always work that way. Has anyone heard if there is a set way the levels and stations are to be transcribed? Any guidance, li ...

Okay, VR Experts Help Me Solve This One:)
Aug 31, 2010

I am open to VR and have done it before at my previous job with the same software, dictatphone, and do not find dictaphone bad to do VR at all. The problem is, with this job that I have now, I have been killing myself, I cannot get over 500 lines per day doing VR, and all the accounts are VR.  The reason I cannot get above 500 lines is for every job that is a letter, consult, DS, PT, memo, or review, I have to create a new visit ID, look up the physicians ID and location, create that visit ...

Ortho Experts Please
Feb 19, 2011

Is it dorsal sacral ligament or dorsosacral ligament? Thank you. ...

OP Experts - Help ASAP Please!
Mar 24, 2011

I'm drawing a blank on this for some reason and help would be ever so much appreciated! "The stab incisions were closed with (s/l emethol) and Steri-Strips..." TIA! ...

Bayscribe Experts, Need Help Please
May 18, 2012

Hello all...I'm back on the Bayscribe platform with a new account and haven't used it in ages. My question is, I know there is a Bayscribe page that lists all of the commands, such as accessing the word expander, but I can't seem to locate it. Does anyone have a link to this page so I can copy down the commands? TIA for anyone who can help!!! ...

Sepsis Experts
Jun 03, 2012

Sepsis.  Diagnosis is sepsis due to pneumonia.  The diagnoses are presented in this way: Sepsis due to pneumonia UTI due to E. Coli Now, if you code the sepsis, it will be sepsis unspecified because you do not have an organism documented for the pneumonia or the sepsis (they don't know)038.9, 99591 and 486.  If you go to code the UTI with E. Coli, there is an edit that excludes 041.4 with 038.9.  Do you put it in, or do you just leave the organism for the UTI ...

Radiology Experts - HELP!!
Jun 10, 2012

I am typing a report about a man who is having knee problems. S/l doc is say8ing "Radiographs, including CENTERIZED view of both knees does show ...   Does he mean CENTERED?  Am I missing something?  Help please. thanks. ...

A Question For HIPAA Experts, Please
Jan 26, 2012

I just had a rather unsettling experience and would like some feedback.  If I am wrong, please let me know that, too.  I had been to my M.D. for some diagnostic tests.  I was out this morning and when I returned, the doc's assistant had called and left the information--including my test names and  results--on the answering device for my phone.  We have household help  and I am not the only family member who lives here.  No one else was in my house at the t ...

Transcription Experts - Any Thoughts - Nm
Mar 27, 2012

nm ...

Shorthand Experts, Question Please
Apr 02, 2012

Ok, so I dived in and signed up for the free trial of Shorthand. My question is, is it better to go ahead and begin using it while working immediately, or would you recommend practicing with it in Word before instituting it into actual reports?  Also, is there any way to transfer what is stored in my AutoCorrect directly into Shorthand so I'm starting over from square 1? TIA for any helpful hints to get up to speed on this you can offer :-) ...

All Andrews Experts - Could Use Some Guidance. SM
Apr 22, 2012

First, would like to say to anyone considering Andrews, I have been in the program for 5 months now and STRONGLY recommend the school to any doubters.  I have been an MT for 15 years and decided it was time for a change.  After thoroughly evaluating the multiple pathways to coding (RHIT first, local community college 6-month course and Andrews), I made the Andrews choice and am very pleased with my decision.  Linda Andrews is very accessible, the instructors helpful and patient, a ...

Question For Skin Experts!
Oct 08, 2012

New client, need it to be perfect, cannot find anything on this!   She has scattered open comedones on her bilateral canthi representing Favery Rockashaw? or Fallvery Ruckashaw?   HELP! =) ...

Any Hand/wrist Experts?
Nov 20, 2012

Pt is status post radius and wrist fractures.  No Tinels, Finkelsteins, Phalens, or s/l donnatells of the wrist. ...

Question For ChartScript Experts. Is There Any Way To
Dec 29, 2014

When I open abbreviations to edit/add,  every time you close after adding one, then open it again to add another,  it seems to take forever.   Is there any way to speed this process up?   I have decent internet, nothing else is slow.  When I transcribe, the program itself goes well.   It's only the abbreviation section that's so poky.    Any ideas how to make this go faster,  the adding abbreviations?  ...

Do We Have Any Experts On Setting Macros In Word? Sm
Nov 13, 2010

My account has capped and bolded headings.  For some reason, VR NEVER bolds.  I guess it isn't capable of doing so!  Is there any way to set up a macro to bold like maybe all headings or bold words in caps or anything like that? Even bold from the : to the beginning of the line maybe? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.  There used to be a webpage for help with macros and shortcuts but I don't recall what it was.  Does anyone know what I am tal ...

Wound Experts Needed ASAP Please
Mar 27, 2011

The sentence reads,"The assigned nurse this morning reports that he had been having dressing changes to the right foot b.i.d. prior to admission with a (s/l sandeel)." Any ideas on what this word might be?  TIA to anyone who can help! ...

Any Microsoft Word 2010 Experts Out There?
Feb 23, 2013

I just downloaded a free trial of a medical/pharmaceutical dictionary and when I went to import it into my custom dictionaries, it says it must be converted to a Unicode document before importing. I'm confused...Does anyone know what this means or how to "convert" it to Unicode?  I'm totally  new to MSO 2010, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! ...

Macro Help!!! Please!!!
Oct 27, 2014

Hi:  I am hoping someone can help me with the above.  I don't have much experience in the macro tools (although I have one to jump from field to field).  This doctor is a psychiatrist who examines a client and then reports his findings sometimes to attorneys. He constantly in his report will want to quote and bold a statement or set of statements even within the same sentence.  So he will say, Mr. ?? said quote bold blah, blah blah quote unbold, and then stated again quo ...

MS Word Macro Help
Jun 02, 2010

It has been so long since I needed to do this - the macro to do this is on a long dead computer.  I am creating macros for particular reports.  After the heading and the :  I would space twice and put a /.  I had a macro that was called by the person who created it originally I suppose, pause.  I copied that macro (named it pause) as a separate macro and assisgned it a keystroke (let's say F5).  Then when I pulled up say the op note macro, to move to the next f ...

Help With Macro For Word 2002/XP
Jun 09, 2010

Hey everyone. Why is my macro disappearing everytime I close word?  I don't normally use macros but for this instance I am.  I just created a simple macro by going into Tools, make new macro, etc.  I test it out on word and it works.  When I close out the word program and bring it back up and run that macro I just created it is not there.  I'm not well versed with macros so I wrote down that it was saving it as a normal.dot (global template).  Can anyone ...

Word Expander Or Macro?
Nov 20, 2010

Which is better? What are the differences? I have been using macros in MS Word. I downloaded a trial version of a shorthand program once, but it was a little confusing and it seemed much more involved than recording a macro. Any advice/opinions appreciated! ...

MS Word Macro Question
May 16, 2011

I've been having problems with my macros "sticking."  I'll make one, and the next day it doesn't work.  I'll go into the list of macros and it'll still be there, but the command won't work. I just made one that removes the cc line if it isn't used. I'm curious to see if it's still there when I log back in tomorrow.  Any idea why this happens?  I was a pro at editing my macros in the dinosaur days of DOS but not now, so I don' ...

Macro To Add Drug To AutoCorrect
Feb 16, 2013

(risedronate sodium) tablets Sub ChangeControl1Key() CustomizationContext = ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate KeyBindings.Add KeyCode:=BuildKeyCode(wdKeyControl, wdKey1), _     KeyCategory:=wdKeyCategoryMacro, Command:="AddMedToAutoCorrect" End Sub Sub AddMedToAutoCorrect() Dim BrandString, GenericString, Title, Message, LittleString Title = "WordExpress Transcriptions" Message = "Type in brand name of medication as you would like it " _ & "to appear in your text:" ...

PC SHORTHAND - Make A Macro?
Mar 30, 2013

Hey everyone, I am new to shorthand.  I was hoping someone could help me make a macro.  I am trying to make a macro for ALT+L, D.  I know how to do key control and then pick a key, but staring with ALT has me confused.  I would appreciate any help.  Thank you. ...

Shorthand Macro Question
Sep 16, 2013

I am new to Shorthand.  Is there a macro for putting an automatic space after a comma, semicolon, etc.?  I have ones someone else wrote for two spaces after periods.  So far I am not that great at making my own macros.  I have registered at Productivity Talk and follow the SH forum, but am not allowed to look at the posts I really need.  I get an error message that I don't have permission and the admin hasn't responded back yet. ...

Need Help With A Certain Macro/expander In Editscript
Aug 20, 2013

I am trying to make a macro/expander for "-year-old" and in order for the expander to work right it needs a backspace but I don't know how to put a backspace in. Can anyone please tell me how. ...

Calling Macro Diva
Sep 29, 2013

Just wondering if it's okay/possible to put my "Call" macros back towards the end of General_Macro? And if so, where?  I tried moving them to just before End Sub and also before Page 1:Selection..., but those locations didn't work.  I'm getting an occasional errant "g" or "L" (apparently related to the GramLiter macro) at the very beginning of my VR text when I run it now, which I didn't have at all before when the "called' macros were at the end.  Was part of the fix ...

Paging Macro Diva
Jan 19, 2014

Would enjoy talking with Macro Diva about all things macro!  I've written one big macro with which I preprocess virtually all of my transcribed documents.  First, it identifies the document template type, e.g., office note, letter, hospital discharge, echocardiogram, PV study, etc.  It then displays a dialog box with drop-down lists from which I select the ordering physician, dictating physician, date of study, date dictated. etc.  (The date of transcription is, of ...

Calling On Macro Diva Again, If You're Still About.
May 15, 2014

I don't know where to begin with trying to record a macro for this need myself.  On my main account, we're required to list meds without any following punctuation, but due to other MTSOs also subbing on it (who apparently don't have any specs or just don't have to follow the same specs we do), the lists invariably come through on VR with totally inconsistent punctuation.  Such as this: MEDICATIONS:Ativan,ZofranDexamethasone.DiltiazemLanoxin. But should be this: M ...

Word Macro Suggestions
Jun 12, 2014

Hi, I was wonder what program you would suggest for a macro program for Word 2003.   If there is a free version, that would be helpful; but any good program would be good. Thank you or your help, Diane :) ...