General Posting Guidelines: Updated 04-20-2011
Posted By: Moderator on 2009-12-06
MTStars encourages and accepts the opinions of all of its posters. We want posters to be able to express their perspectives and views. We do not moderate the boards for niceness. You will often find posts and, sometimes, specific posters presenting ideas and thought lines that are in opposition to your own. Tolerance, acceptance and patience should be demonstrated by everyone. You may want to skip certain posts in order to fully enjoy the board(s) for your own experience. We encourage open discussion and even vigorous debate about TOPICS or ISSUES. Civility and respect should be maintained. MTStars will not be tolerating personal attacks of any kind.
A few basic guidelines for posting are provided below; however, it is not an exclusive list. It is expected that all posters will abide by these guidelines. MTStars also reserves the right to update this list of guidelines as necessary.
- Foul language, hate speech, violence, threats, cyberbullying, cyberstalking, trolling and abuse of posting privileges will not be tolerated. No poster here has the right to demonstrate these behaviors. Leave the foul language completely. If you cannot debate or discuss the topic or issue without personally attacking the poster, it is best that you not respond to that particular post.
- Remember: You are responsible for YOUR posting behavior. Don’t join in with posters who are acting out. Don’t try to moderate their behavior. Actions taken against your posting are due to your own behavior.
- Absolutely no grammar, spelling, punctuation police! Do not correct posters on spelling, grammar usage, punctuation, etc. The ONLY exception is for items specifically asked about on the Word Help board.
- Don’t try to moderate. Report posts that you feel violate the posting guidelines. You can do this by clicking the Options box when viewing a post and choosing the Report This Message option.
- Do not post private, indentifying or privileged information of any kind. This includes names, initials, account/client names or references, email addresses, telephone numbers, etc. Do not post communications from your company or any company.
- Use URLs (links to Internet sites) with a summary of the information you are trying to share.
- Do not redirect posters to other forums, blog sites, selling sites, social media platforms, etc.
- Do not post your personal website, business, etc., without expressed consent from the Administrator/Moderator.
- If you have questions as to why your post was edited or deleted, check your email as you will have a moderator notice in your inbox explaining the reason for the action taken. Do not complain about it on the board.
- Remember that your email address is NOT provided to anyone by MTStars at all. By posting, you agree to accept emails from posters through the board. The posters emailing you will NOT see your address. However, if you respond to an email received through the MTStars board, you will be exposing your email address.
What does it mean if your post was edited, moved or deleted?
It means that information within the post was against posting guidelines and, therefore, removed or the post was deleted. Remember that all replies are lost when posts are deleted. If a post belongs on a different board, it will be moved to the appropriate board.
What does it mean if you try to post and you see a message about being banned?
There will be a reason given for the banning. Please note this is usually to get your attention to stop an unacceptable behavior. However, repeated behavior ignoring posting guidelines may result in a permanent ban. Please follow the instructions on your ban notice to reinstate your posting privileges if possible.
If you have any questions at any time, do not hesitate to contact the Moderator. Happy posting!