A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

tests tests and more tests.....grrrr - sm

Posted: Dec 18, 2014

Applying for a new job is a job in and of itself these days. Is anyone else having this ?? All these tests on these job applications. They are sometimes hours long. Some of these test reports are HARD. They are harder than most I do now. I work for MW now. I don't really have time to go through all these tests for hours and hours for FREE. I'm thinking of just not doing it and forgetting about that particular application. One of them I really was interested in too but what if I do all that to just never get a call or get a call and not like the pay, etc.? Oh my goodness. As if I wasn't stressed enough with Nuance. I understand possibly a consult or H&P to make sure the person is legit but geez! I don't have the time! Not for free anyhow!

I know what you mean - memls

[ In Reply To ..]
I have tested and applied for about 6 different places and the testing was out of this world. One of them I was really interested in I thought I failed because they didnt get ahold of me for 5 days..well I had taken another offer just yesterday and today I get an email from them saying that I passed the testing and they would like to interview me...too late...but the upside is I quit Nuance!! =)

That is always how it happens for me... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
accept a job and get offered another one the same day or the next.

in your boat - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I took a test last night that was completely brutal. The first 2 dictations were gravy. I had 2 blanks in each b/c the audio was cut out, a clear cut out of audio. The next 3 dictations was completely .... It took me 3-1/2 hours to get all the questions answered and to do the 5 dictations. By the time I was done doing the last 3 transcriptions I felt as dumb as dumb could be. Some of these dictations they are giving for tests make you feel like you are just starting out again, just years and experience later. Very frustrating!

I also feel the way that you do with taking all these tests and taking up all your time (when you could be putting in more minimum wage hours) to be offered a pay that is even more embarrassing as what you are already getting. If that is even possible. Why can't they give the pay scale up front. Why do these companies have to keep it so secret. If it has to be such a secret, perhaps they are actually embarrassed in their own sort of way of what they are paying us. Yes I do understand that last sentence is funny.

i know... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish they'd save any extensive testing for AFTER an interview. That would save us all time and effort. grrrr

Similar Messages:

Lab Tests
Jul 19, 2010

I will be rechecking his intact PTH, s/l calsphos, s/l mag  and renal function. I am guessing it is calcium phosphate and magnesium. Am I wrong? ...

Tests
Sep 17, 2010

The patient has no sleep apnea. Normal sleep study. MRI was negative. Rest of pituitary looked fine including a course stem test. Need help with above term...thanks ...

Req For Tests ????
Mar 26, 2015

"he ordered her some outpatient labs test. She lost the req for this and never went back to him."   Req ???? spelling?   thanks in advance  ...

Urine Tests
Jan 04, 2010

In giving the results of the urine tests, the doc says:   0-5 "highland" casts - is that right? Also, she says negative "ICTA" test - is that right? ...

Ocular Tests
Jan 22, 2010

I have a dictator who dictates the same thing every time and it is fairly clear, but I can't verify it despite looking at a lot of ocular testing sites.  I'm hoping someone here can tell me if I am understanding it correctly.  This is in the context of saccadic eye movements, gaze-hold nystagmus, VOR to slow head movements, VOR to rapid head movements, vergence.  It sounds like, "times 1 viewing" followed by "not tested," but once it was followed by "Patient saw mul ...

Entry Tests
Apr 06, 2010

Will be taking my first employer test. Do you get a chance to skim your test afterward to clean it up, or is it first take goes? Thanks. ...

Neurology Tests See Msg
Jun 10, 2010

neurologist ordered ANA test and line panel.   Is "line" panel correct?  Not saying liver panel. ...

Inscribe Tests
Apr 28, 2011

Has anyone actually been able to get through Inscribe's testing process?  I have tried two times now and it sucks towards the end of the tests.  I must be an IDIOT!  Just curious.... ...

Transcription Tests
Dec 03, 2011

Why in the heck don't employers give you at least some basic instructions for a transcription test? Some want you to format, others don't. Some want you to edit punctuation, etc., others want you to transcribe verbatim. It's very frustrating because they all seem to want something different, yet most don't bother to give instructions.  It's like they expect us to be mindreaders!    ...

Very Frustrated Right Now!! I Have Taken Some Tests
Sep 03, 2012

for MT jobs that were ridiculous as in you basically need to be a doctor to pass, but I took a pretest just to take the coding course and it was ridiculous, as well.  I sure felt like emailing them and saying nevermind, I would not consider taking a course that you have to be a doctor just to do coding!!  Very frustrating!!!! ...

Long Tests
Mar 02, 2013

I got an invitation to test for a transcription company.  This company does not do any doctor's notes, but they do other medical type work such as meetings, etc.  On their site they have 3 tests and you can do all or as many as you feel comfortable doing.  I downloaded one of the tests to check it out and it is almost 30 minutes long.  I am ambivilent about taking such a long test with no compensation just for them to decide if I can do the work.  What do you people ...

Passing Tests
May 14, 2013

15 years radiology experience. Not passing the tests for some reason. No feedback. ...

Lab Tests... Please See Message
Dec 23, 2013

Five s/l PRY/PRIDE nucleotides... TIA ...

Blanks In Tests?
Jun 12, 2015

Do they every throw mistakes in for job testing (that need to blank)?  There were no instructions.   ...

Pass/fail Tests?
Jul 02, 2010

I know that the tests given by MTSOs are from mttest.com and that they are pass/fail tests. Does anyone know what the passing percentage is? One strike, you're out? How does this work? Thanks. ...

How Much Do The Cert. Tests Below Cost?
Apr 02, 2010

nm ...

Cardinal Triumvirate Of Tests
May 14, 2010

Anyone ever heard of this.  I imagine it means many test.  Just can't find this term. ...

DEPRESSED NO JOB, CANT PASS TESTS
Jul 31, 2010

I am so depressed. I guess I am trying to vent to you guys. I have taken 4 tests for companies and failed all  of them. I didnt even get an answer back from one. I have been doing this for years. I feel like a dummy. I dont think there are any good companies out there that any one of us can trust. I havent found one. I have sent out my resumes to at least 25 companies I got through my school and on the internet. I also was soooooo scammed through Dit transcription. I just dont know what to ...

Wonder How Smeeps Is Doing With Her RMT Tests Today.
Feb 28, 2011

x ...

Possible To Get A Study Guide And Just Take The Tests?
Dec 24, 2011

Is it possible to get a study guide and just take the tests?  Do you really have to go to school? ...

Sickle Cell Lab Tests
May 17, 2012

I am not that familiar with lab tests for sickle cell disease.  Is it normal for the doctor in the CBC to state how many sickle cells are seen?   thanks. ...

Why Can't I Pass These Hiring Tests?!
Jul 16, 2012

I cannot seem to pass these MT tests to save my life.  I spent all last week testing.  I've been informed I've failed four tests.  I've passed Nuance and M*Modal's test, which is pretty much the same as a few other tests I've taken but failed.  I've also taken two other tests that were not the mttest, but failed those as well.  These tests have taken me FOREVER to do, as I have no footpedal and the dictators talk so fast that I have to stop ...

Tests On AHDI Site
Jul 22, 2012

When taking the quizes on the AHDI site for cmt credits, do you have to score 100% to have it count?  ...

Company Screening Tests
May 17, 2014

Just took a test with one company.  Getting ready to take a test for another company and realized that the test company is one and the same.   Does this mean the tests are the same? Would anyone know if the companys that use the same "tester' can access the same test?  I just don't want to do it again and find out I wasted my time.  Thanks! ...

FABER And S/l- Fair - Tests Are Negative??
Nov 17, 2009

Sounds like fair for the second test??  TIA!! ...

Taking Timed Transcription Tests
Jan 29, 2010

Don't you just hate transcription tests that are TIMED and you start listening to the audio,  and the audio is so bad that you just feel and know that you are going to flunk it?   What do you do, then?  Do you continue and count your blessings or do you just exit?   I very much appreciate your answers. thanks! ...

Doctor Is Saying ZBNP Or VBNP... Besides BNP Are There Any Tests Like This?
May 21, 2010

.. ...

Formatting Issue Regarding Signs, Tests, Etc.
Sep 03, 2010

When a doc dictates lets say "negative Kernig" versus stating "negative Kernig sign" will I transcribe it as "negative Kernigs" or "negative Kernig's" ...

Drawer Tests - Hyphen, Slash, Or AND?
Jan 10, 2012

Looking for the ADHI / book of style / transcription rules regarding drawer tests.  I have found loads of posts on this subject, but they contradict each other.  Does anyone know the "true" accepted format when discussing anterior and posterior drawer tests? is it: anterior-posterior drawer anterior/posterior drawer anterior and posterior drawer   Along these same lines, is there a generally accepted format for varus-valgus stress testing?  hyphen, slash, or and?   ...

Can I Use Shorthand 10 And Express Scribe During MT Tests?
Apr 02, 2012

nm ...