A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

on the upside...sm - confused

Posted: Dec 05, 2014

Everyone who will conitnue working with Nuance should just relax a bit and focus more on quality. Take your time and get your percentages down/up. Worry about LPH later. Think how great that would look on a resume though or to have under your belt...."consistently met 99% or above and less than 10% sent to QC".... industry standard is still 98% I believe. I think for those who stay we should just relax and focus on quality.... you should already be there if the account is familiar. If not, work on making it familiar and that takes time as well. No sense in making this a horrible thing if you must stay. Make it positive and try to better yourself. It only benefits you in the end.

"It only benefits you in the end"????? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, you drank the entire pitcher of Kool-Aid, huh?

person above can't be serious.. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Doesn't that sound like an administrator of nuance coming in here to say something to the crowd. Maybe we should sit here and focus on quality....seriously I do not know any MT that takes any job and doesn't worry about the quality of that dictation. That fact that this company seems to think that if they put more money in front of us of look what you could make if you were just perfect that somehow that is going to make us perfect. It doesn't work that way. Some of us have difficult 1 blank or no blank accounts w/ heavy ESL. It is set up for us to fail. I am astonished that somebody believes that just anybody can do our job and is only worth minimum wage.

I didn't say that..sm - confused

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't say we are only worth MW. Of course we aren't. If you make your quality, etc., you will not be making MW. I do not see everyone quitting. All I see is everyone complaining. I e-mailed my TSM and asked some of these questions that keep popping up on here and I want answers. If not from her, then from HR. I will be pursuing it. I do not see anyone else on here doing the same. Talking on here about it will do nothing. If you choose to say there is nothing you can do but focus on your quality and make the best of it. If you are already at the 99% or above mark then you have nothing to worry about it. People on here are so negative and complain a lot. Either do something or then make the best of it is all I am saying. No sense in getting upset or complaining.
I think we are all asking questions - newbutold
[ In Reply To ..]
We are all asking questions. At least at the call I was on we did and we got no answers. All we got was they will check into it or that is coming later. LATER IS TOMORROW!! How can they tell us we will be paid more for the worse dictators, but yet they don't even know who they are or about the blanks. It is unfair that they are putting this into place NOW and then somewhere down the line (and we all know that Nuance is the king of putting things off) they will figure it out. Meanwhile we as employees are being penalized and our pay cut!! I do make the LPH, QC percentage and for the most part the QA but I won't to not live my life worrying that somebody is going to nitpick my dictation so that my pay is directly influenced. That should be illegal and you can ask as many questions as you want and they will just defer your question while meanwhile you keep working away not knowing what they are doing with your paycheck. This will in no way change how I do my job. I take great pride in what I do and I do my best to not make errors and to certainly never endanger any pt's safety but last time I looked I am human and mistakes will happen. If I have a bad day and have stupid little errors (be it punctuation or grammar) that will force my pay to be docked, that is unfair. Regular people with regular jobs do not get their pay docked for making stupid or small errors. We are their guinea pigs.
difficult dictators - sparklepoo
[ In Reply To ..]
Difficulty of dictators is purely subjective, yet most QA people (or who ever makes the rules) don't take that into consideration. When a QA'er gets personal and starts to personally attack an MT because apparently "she has no confidence in her transcription skills", that is completely out of line. It's nothing but a power trip for them and there is no consistency. Luckily, my TSM, who is awesome, was able to build a little of my confidence back up, but the damage had already been done at that point. Our quality depends on what is on the other side of that line. Nobody, I don't care how experience you are with 'ancient languages', is PERFECT, and I refuse to guess...ever. I will leave that to the QA'ers who are somehow qualified to guess what is being said. Who is the end all, be all, that checks THEIR quality?
we are to check them.. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
We are to check and verify that the errors that QC and QA made on us are valid. We are required to do this on our time.
I have been told to check Fiesa and company e-mail on the clock - By trainer. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
sure on the clock.. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't you realize that you are on the clock and not producing and therefore you system hours and actual clocked hours will differ which is a no, no..especially if it differs by too much. You are only paid by production (as also indicated in your webclock when you punch in and out, it says production). So are you working production when you are checking fiesa, not producing and now dropping your LPH. Lets say you see something in there that you really do not agree with. You now have the burden, clocked in on production time, to go and listen to this dictation and see if you were right or the QC/QA was wrong. This could be a long dictation. You find that yes you were correct and you were marked off in an error. You now refute that. How much time did that take on to do on the clock (on a daily basis) that you were not producing any typed or edited lines and how many extra lines are you going to have to produce to bring your LPH back up b/c you were busy checking FIESA on your clocked time.
that's illegal- - confused
[ In Reply To ..]
As far as i know. To make someone do work related stuff while not being paid/clocked in. Clocked in doing it drops your pay. It isn't legal.
while it may not be legal - that is what we have to do...
[ In Reply To ..]
Do it on your off clocked in time or do it on your clocked in time. The try to make you feel better by saying that paying us for that stuff is all worked into our line rate when it truly is not.
Yes, I know this...I am just saying the trainer TOLD me - to check these on the clock!
[ In Reply To ..]
This is what they have to tell people because otherwise workers could complain that they were expected to check work-related e-mail and QA, etc off the clock which probably IS illegal, so they have to tell you that. I specifically asked, "Can't we check that OFF the clock." She said no. Just stating what I was told not what I do.
that is called covering their behinds - LOL
[ In Reply To ..]
I am sure computer audit trails exist.
These could be subpoenaed and prove that we did it off the clock .. trick is proving they knew we were and did nothing about it.
anytime you are clocked in but not producing... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Your LPH goes down. Your lines per hour (at this time) are only calculated on the actual lines that you produce to the hours that you are clocked in to work. Simple math tells you that if you are clocked in taking care of FIESA for 20+ minutes and then pull up your work, your LPH will already be down. The main part to your LPH is your lines produced. They do not take in to account the time you were clocked in and doing other administrative duties. IF that was the case, then that LPH would be adjusted accordingly. Do not forget that if you are clocked in but not on your plateform yet b/c you are checking FIESA, your system hours will then be off from webclock to your actual worked hours. This is only allowed to be off slightly. Its a catch 22. Check FIESA while you are clocked in, but don't let your LPH drop, but make sure you have FIESA all checked out. FIESA took you longer than expected, make those lines up baby b/c you still need to make LPH.
I know this too... - It IS illegal
[ In Reply To ..]
Regardless of what the trainer told you...So you punch in for 15 minutes a day under who cares what at the beginning of your shift, and you check Fiesa and do all the other work-related stuff, and you clock out and clock back in under production and dare them to refute it! They have to pay you for your time.
to confused - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
If you want quality, like when I buy a pair of jeans, if I buy them from Walmart, I pay less, but get less quality so I expect less out of those jeans. If I pay for quality and buy from Macy's I expect better quality than I would get from Walmart. Now that is just economics and common sense period. So where does any company get the idea that they need Macy's quality at Walmarts wages.

Bottom line you get what you pay for. Keep paying less expect less. We as people do that, so so should they.

If all we are going to make is minimum wages then they are going to get minimum wage work out of me. Nothing more.

Even people that work at McDonalds do not get penalized for making a mistake. They still get paid and so should we.

If you want to find a mistake in anything you can regardless of what it is and I am sure they will make sure to find every little mistake to pay less.

I will lay you odds in 90 days no one will pass their quality standards.
Who is the one confused? - memls
[ In Reply To ..]
Is this the same "confused" person who the other day didn't know how to redo their resume? Ya I will take your advice.....(smh)
It wasn't advice per say....sm - confused
[ In Reply To ..]
I was trying to bring some positive words into the atmosphere here. It is the holiday season, etc. Everyone is upset and being upset like that will not make anything better if you have to stay with Nuance. Some have to and have no choice right now. For those people, make the best of it. If it is really that bad, let's stop asking questions on here and ask the people who should have the answers. If they don't, then pressure them to get the answers. We deserve answers. If no one wants to then quit complaining. I'd rather have the old pay scale too. I don't want this. We can't go on strike and it seems to me everyone is only interested on complaining on here, not to the correct people. Just trying to help people think positive about it. Why make yourselves miserable. I started to get upset about it and it was mainly from this board to be honest. It does no good.
then do something about it...sm - confused
[ In Reply To ..]
Either quit or don't say anything. No one is inquiring about these issues. I have. I want to know. I don't want to sit and talk about it all day and speculate. That does nothing.
And regardless of what someone pays me be it MW or 20$ an hour, I don't think it's smart to give "crap" work...it just looks bad on ME. If it is THAT bad, then we have to look for other jobs. If you stay then you can't really complain....if you aren't going to do something about it then you can't complain. If you aren't going to ask and find out, then don't complain. That's how I see it. We should flood their phones and e-mails until we get the answers we deserve. If no one wants to, then be quiet. If you stay, be positive. Why be miserable and think only negative? It makes it worse on yourself if you aren't able to leave right now.
But, even if you get 99.9-100% quality--sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
If you only have 100 converted lines per hour (basically 200 edited lines), you still only get 8/line which is still a decrease from the previous wage.
then...sm - confused
[ In Reply To ..]
all we can do is quit if we don't like it. I have seen some ads online and the cpl for pay was 7. It is going way down. And the 7 was for straight. I can't quit right now so I'm not going to get all worked up right now. MW is better than NO wage.
confused, some advice for you ... - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
My advice to you - stay off of the board. It is an easy thing to do. I personally know several people who HAVE written the appropriate person/people, including me.
Are you on ambulatory (Clinic 360) where we are only getting 0.95 credit per line? That platform adjustment is really "special." We lose 50 of every 1000 lines typed off the top.
Don't assume because people are not putting it here they are not taking action, because that is just not fact.
Confused.......I agree - an
[ In Reply To ..]
I think this board is strictly meant for those who have crappy accounts and have all the right in the world to complain, as with this new pay system things are not going to get any better. Let them have their say and gripe and vent their frustrations. Those of us sm, including myself, more than likely have easy accounts with very little ESL and this new pay plan is not going to affect us much. We are lucky! So, let's just stay off of here spreading good cheer as they don't want to hear it, and I sure do not blame them!!
you're right. nm - confused
[ In Reply To ..]
s
thx for the adivce...sm - confused
[ In Reply To ..]
I was already planning on it but thank you. If that is the case then wait and see. It's all people can do. Or look for another job and leave. Being so upset (I saw someone was crying over it) is NOT going to help. It will make your work performance even lower. That is all I was trying to get across to people. People are even saying they will make half their check now for edited lines and that is not true. People are getting so worked up and I hate to see anyone get that worked up over ANY company. If you cannot leave or cannot leave yet, take your proactive actions and/or do nothing and try to stay positive. It's all you can do. That's all I was saying. I don't think this board is healthy for any MT. The posts long before this new pay plan rolled out were all negative too. If you can't leave or will not leave, then at least make the best of it. A good attitude cures a lot. Some of you all should try it.
I think you have to keep this board in perspective. - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes this is the only place real information is found that you can pull out of the general negative stuff.

I think a lot of these comments on the pay are NOT from the usual chronic whiners and complainers. It is from people who are perhaps cynical from their past experiences with Nuance and other MTSOs. It is from the totally screwed up way this whole thing has been rolled out, from the first announcement to the calls. It is because they have the ability to see the big picture and have a good inclination of what the future holds.

I am here reading the board because some of the comments point out things I did not think of.

Anytime you mess with people's pay, a lot is going to be said, especially taking a simple .. you type this, you get that" to this convoluted system.

If we had more trust in Nuance, it would be different. Their past actions have, however, made that impossible.

I'm not wringing my hands and crying. I'm not even that upset. I just personally am OVER the constant changes that bottom line usually do mean less money.

It's MY fault for not getting out sooner. I am smart enough to know I should have, it was just too comfortable.

Good luck to you - I sincerely hope you are okay. I know what I have to do.
A good attitude can only take you so far. - AnotherAnon
[ In Reply To ..]
I say that being the most positive of people, even being called too positive and a Polyanna by many people I know, but a person can only take so much and then reality starts to set in.

A positive attitude does not keep your electricity from being shut off when you do not have enough in the bank to pay the bill. A positive attitude does not pay for groceries or rent when your wage has been consistently cut for over 2 years. A positive attitude does not keep the phone from ringing when bill collectors are looking for the payment you missed this month, maybe I should tell them to call Nuance and find out where my missing wages are?

And all that stated above is not negative either, it is just a reality that many of us are living with on a day to day basis.

Maybe having a little empathy and compassion for your fellow MTs is in order.
I think the person "confused" is a suit or HR - MT51
[ In Reply To ..]
Nuff said.
agree - on that
[ In Reply To ..]
Out of all the issues and the variables that we are all on here stating, there seems to be what 1 or 2 that think this is a good change. I have not spoken to any MT that has taken their past few weeks of work and calculated it into the new pay plan and grids that has come out on top or even will be breaking even. I know that I am not. I am about to take a huge pay cut. I am only hoping that I can get another job before it really all kicks in...and I have been putting my resume everywhere.
i did... - confused
[ In Reply To ..]
i stated that before. I calculated it 3 times with 3 different past pay periods.. 2 were a little above what I had made and 1 was under a bit. The more work you do and hours you work, the more of a hit it will be. I do not work that many hours.
Oh please!!!! Come with a new one besides the old dusty accusation of being a "suit or HR" - How old are we here? Time to grow up!
[ In Reply To ..]
Can we come up with anything better? So sick of the "suit" accusations.
Does shill work any better for you? - Yw
[ In Reply To ..]
?
yes you got me... im management..sm - confused
[ In Reply To ..]
And while I sit here and devise the most evil and crazy pay scale for you all and rub my horns on my head, I also check in on here and write to you all. lol seriously? Just b/c ONE person or maybe 2 are saying it isn't THAT bad or trying to pull some positive out of it so we all don't have a breakdown, DOES NOT MEAN I'M MANAGEMENT. lol
look up definition of shill - nothing about mgmt
[ In Reply To ..]
You are a shill. I have no idea who cuts checks to you, and don't need to know, but you are a shill.
i'm actually ...sm - confused
[ In Reply To ..]
Your coworker. I guess the correct word for you would be "complainer" since unless you complain on here your not welcome, which was going on long before the pay change. The people who "cut my checks" are the same ones that cut yours. Let's not be silly. Merry Christmas and good luck.
Only one thing is certain... - Mickey75
[ In Reply To ..]
and that is the only pay per line we are GUARANTEED is .07/line. We have no idea week to week what we may make over that so we cannot guarantee or plan to make more. That is like adding OT into your yearly pay. It's not guaranteed and therefore should not be counted ont.

NOTHING at Nuance EVER "benefits us - in the end." We just get kicked there.

[ In Reply To ..]

What have you been smoking? nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Ask for a different acct - ac

[ In Reply To ..]
I would not want an account with a no blank requirement. That is insane! I have a 2 blank max, and manage to stay under 10 most of the time. Not all of us are unhappy with the change. Its going to increase a lot of peoples pay, you just don't hear about it here. If youre on an acct that's terrible just request a different one, perhaps a secondary you like.

Similar Messages:

Oops Upside The Head
Nov 02, 2009

I am typing merrily along, enjoying my psych account, and when I get to the plan, the dictator states for the last entry, "I informed the patient that this practice is closing and will provide her with a list of referrals."  The next four dictations had the same final entry.  Egad.  Thanks for letting us, the mere typists, know.          ...