A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

are stress tests considered radiology? - nm

Posted: Feb 03, 2015

x

Depends what type of stress test and - imaging involved.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

stress tests - Mollie

[ In Reply To ..]
I transcribe a lot of perfusion imaging stress tests for Radiology.

At a service, not usually, they come under acute care sm - acuteMLS

[ In Reply To ..]
at Nuance. I've seen an account or two that regards them as radiology and they have an order that has to be linked, but mostly I've seen them come to me as acute care.

ok...this account does not - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
transcribe radiology but every once in a while gets a cardiac stress test or exercise tolerance test. I am supposed to reject those. So I was wondering b/c I am a bit confused. Originally just thought x-rays and CT scans but confused on the cardiac tests. I guess I will have to ask. Was trying to avoid that since my questions go unanswered sometimes anyhow (through my TSM). Thank you for the information. This is an acute care account- not radiology.

there is no imaging in a simple exercise tolerance test - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
An exercise tolerance test is performed on a treadmill and the results are assessed by analyzing the EKG and exercise tolerance parameters. There is no imaging.

An imaging cardiac stress test, such as a myocardial perfusion study, involves nuclear imaging, the uptake of radioisotopes. Nuclear imaging is technically a subspecialty of radiology.

most cardiac nuclear diagnostic testing is performed electively, not acutely - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Would Radiology Be Considered Acute Care?
Jan 07, 2010

Would radiology be considered acute care? ...

ESL And ?new Stress Type. S/l Notambaki Stress Test. Nm
Jul 14, 2014

x ...

Tests Tests And More Tests.....grrrr
Dec 18, 2014

Applying for a new job is a job in and of itself these days. Is anyone else having this ?? All these tests on these job applications. They are sometimes hours long. Some of these test reports are HARD. They are harder than most I do now. I work for MW now. I don't really have time to go through all these tests for hours and hours for FREE. I'm thinking of just not doing it and forgetting about that particular application. One of them I really was interested in too but what if I do all ...

Has Anyone Considered
Mar 05, 2014

that this board has probably been the biggest success for overseas MTs?  I have a feeling we have been training them for a very long time.  word help, information about companies, etc.  so much information, it is probably like taking candy from a baby for those who are aggressively taking or sending jobs overseas...  ...

Has Anyone Ever Considered?
Jun 10, 2015

And we have to stick together on this. Emailing some of the crap that ASR prints out before we fix it to the head of this stupid company. And the assinine corrections that are failing us. You can do it anonymously with a fake email. If one does it, it does no good, but if we all commit to spend a week flooding his email, never can tell. ...

Stress Test Help Please
Mar 24, 2010

He dictates:  Nuclear stress test using s/l rag-oh-DYE-noh-scan .... He not so helpfully spells it  "rageodescan" which is not correct and does not help at all in a search. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks. ...

Stress Test Help
Sep 12, 2011

After a Bruce protocol stress test says "It was an appropriate ______ response."  Kind of sounds like allotropic which doesn’t make sense to me. THANKS!!    ...

FIESA = STRESS
Apr 10, 2013

I don't know how much longer I can take FIESA...I even hate that name. Nit picking on everything...does it ever get better? ...

No More Stress-woohoo
Jul 10, 2013

I quit my job due to health issues and my stress level has gone way down.  I worked for 8 years here and it was okay.  There were tough times, but it was mostly okay because my TSM/CCM left me alone but were accessible if needed.  They answered my emails and phone calls (even though there were about 5 or so different ones through the years).  It was just aggravating when good accounts would go to ASR.  But, I don't have to worry anymore.  Hope things get better ...

Is A Score Of 98.6% Considered Okay.
Jan 20, 2010

Sorry, cannot remember.  Tried looking before posting.  Thanks!!!! ...

MT To RN Anyone Considered Or Completed?
Sep 11, 2012

I am considering going back to school to get an RN.  After speaking with a few RN friends in my area I am looking deeper into the possibilities.  They recommended our community college with its 2 year degree program.  This school also works closely with a major health facility here in town for recruiting.  I have been on the hospital's job opening emails and along with multiple openings weekly for RNs (days, nights, and prn) and my nurse friends' agreeing there is a ...

Stress Echo Protocol Help Please
Feb 11, 2010

Looking for a protocol for a stress echo that s/l MBA exilier?? Can't reference anything similar.  Thanks so much!! ...

Stress Test - METS
Mar 14, 2010

Would like anyone's opinion regarding how METS should be typed in reference to a stress test.  I have been typing it as METS for yrs and yrs, now on a newer account it was corrected to METs.  I've found it both ways when researching.  TIA for input.  ...

Cardiac Stress Test
May 04, 2010

I cannot understand what is being said at the end of this sentence as the doctor stumbles over the word and I don't have much experience when it come to stress test to be able to figure out which word this should be (under procedures).  "1. Cardiac stress test.  She had normal hemodynamic response to pharmocologic therapy. Clinically negative for ischemia, chest is negative for ischemia, (sensographically) negative for ischemia or infarct."  Also, should I make each ischemia ...

Cardiac - How To Type Nuc-med Stress?
Mar 31, 2011

Should it be nuc or nuke?  ...

ESL & Poor Dictator Stress
Feb 01, 2013

No more microscopic QA dissection for me. My new plan is to shoot the job full of blanks and send it in - far less stressful for sure. Each and every time I hear something that I am not 100% sure of - they get a blank. This is not now nor was it ever MY personal problem. Today I'm quite tired of being penalized for someone else's inability to dictate clear enough to perfectly discern what was said. No more cleaning up sentences either. QA: Verbatim you want? Verbatim you get. ...

Finally Got Out, Stress Level GONE
Sep 22, 2014

I finally got to the point I hated time for work.  I went through 2 buyouts and it just seemed to get worse.  I have watched QA people busted down due to not getting enough lines per hour, which is impossible when there's not enough work, and when most of the acute care work was 100% listens.  I got ONE raise in 7 years yet the duties kept piling on and found out some were making 4.00 an hour more than me in lower positions. On days off you were expected to join meetings no m ...

How Many Years Does It Take To Be Considered A Seasoned MT?
Dec 02, 2010

I wanted to know what is considered a rookie MT and what is considered a seasoned MT. Thanks In Advance ...

What Is Considered Good CPL Rate Now
Jan 13, 2011

nm ...

Anyone Know If Easter Is Considered A Holiday As Far As
Apr 20, 2011

holiday pay is concerned?  I forgot if this was on the short list of "paid" holidays at MQ.  ?? ...

What Is Considered Acute Care?
Dec 21, 2011

Are things like EEG, EMG, EGD, inpatient H&P, discharge summary, inpatient consults, neonatology, and ED reports considered acute care?   ...

Is Easter Considered A Holiday?
Apr 05, 2012

x ...

Why Is This Not Considered Over-editing? Need Opinions.
Aug 26, 2012

Dictator says subcu. ISR typed subcutaneous.  Should we edit it to say subcu? Since it has the same meaning, why is this not considered over-editing?  The more I think about this type of thing, the more confused I get. ...

Memorial Day Considered A Holiday?
May 27, 2013

Do we get holiday pay for today?  Can't remember what the holidays were.  TIA. ...

When You Are Considered An Independent Contractor
Jun 08, 2013

When you are considered an independent contractor, is it necessary to give at least two weeks notice before you quit? ...

Has Anyone Made The Transition Or Considered
Jul 25, 2014

looking or working in the IME report generating venue?  I have seen a couple of help wanted ads for this type of job.  Where you would take pt records and create an IME letter.  I was wondering if anyone out there has worked doing this before and what it is like. ...

S/l Lexi Myoview Stress Test??
Dec 27, 2009

It s/l Lexi Myoview stress test.  What is the Lexi?? ...

A Free While-You-Work Stress Buster
Jan 23, 2010

I've found a wonderful way to reduce stress while working long hours.  It reduces dramatically the times I've wanted to choke some of the bad dictators I seem to constantly get.  It's called ShoutCast and it's free internet radio.  You don't need to download anything if you have WinAmp on your PC.  It plays nonstop, no commercials, etc.  I keep the volume very low at 1 or 2 on the WinAmp player so it plays in the background through my headset and ...

Word Help For Stress Incontinence Patient
Sep 22, 2010

Hi, I have a repair of bladder incontinence using an Align sling. It sounds like he is saying "the s/l pool tube sucker was used for spacing." It could be pull-tip sucker or something like that, but I can't find anything that would help. ...

"I Am Uncertain As To Whether Or Not The S/l Stress Raisors
Jan 19, 2011

of the hardware may cause another fracture".  Thanks for any help!   ...