A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Under Three Hundred Dollars - Meh

Posted: Mar 02, 2015

Paid 7 pennies a line because QC is just over 10% and see on WebClock make barely $300 for working 40 hours for that week (and this is not extra money to spend on whatever but money required for food, rent, etc.) But I don't think I will actually see that amount in my bank on payday because it's less than minimum wage. I think minimum wage would require hitting the $300 mark ever since they raised the minimum wage last year. Otherwise, they would get away with paying $200 for a 40-hour work week because they just don't care about other people. As they say, the excessive love of monoey is the root of evil. I wonder if the CEO gives any part of his millions to charity at all? MTs could use some charity.

Think that is bad, try that for 2 weeks - cindy

[ In Reply To ..]
After all the deductions that's what I get for 2 weeks at this place. Trying to find another job, been to tons of interviews, but no one has hired me yet.:(

Ridiculous Pay - Meh

[ In Reply To ..]
They take advantage because they know it's hard to get another job, so if one is stuck with the job at Nuance, then why not pay $100 for 40/hour workweek? Of course, they can't pay that little but only because of minimum wage law. Obviously, the amount of pennies per line they pay is to make it so that as much people as possible make minimum wage while at the same time minimizing MUP (and MUP is ridiculous, since it means you can barely make minimum wage). I'm wondering how is it you only make about $300 in 2 weeks, however, even with deductions? Do you work 40 hours/week?

Similar Messages:

Dollars And Dictators
Jun 23, 2012

Really aware this morning how much our ability to make money depends on dictators.  If you have an account where the majority of dictators are terrible (not ESL), for all the reasons many of us have experienced, it really does not matter how fast we type, how many expansions we have, or how much vast medical knowledge we have worked to obtain.  Just made $3.36 in 26 minutes due to an extensive ADT search and a dictator who takes his time reading the medical record while talk ...

Several Hundred Cc's...would That Be Transcribed
Dec 01, 2010

several hundred cubic centimeters? ...

How The Heck Does A Company Sell For 1.1 Billion Dollars But Can't Pay Its Employees More???nm
Jul 06, 2012

x ...

Former Accentus - Anybody Else Think HR Acted Like We Make Thousands Of Dollars A Month? Geez.
Nov 22, 2013

I love being an MT.  But it is truly time to accept the inevitable and move on.   The pay now totally sucks and it's very detrimental to my health.  I can do this, and will.   After the holidays, I am making changes.  I always said I never wanted to go back and work in an office but I do believe that day has finally come!  I have known the reality of what was happening, yet have hung on for the flexiblity (which probably is gone again now too with th ...

Scan Your ADP Statements Ladies. I Am Shorted A Couple Hundred.
Mar 25, 2010

I have a call in with a ticket open.  Grrr.  This statement shows a base rate as well as an MT rate. What is that all about?  I am paid per report with radiology and they show the number of jobs transcribed at the base rate instead of the MT rate, which is considerable lower!  WTF. ...

How Do You Write, Twenty-two Hundred And Thirty-three Milliseconds? Completely Dumb About It. Nm
Mar 24, 2012

nm ...

Lamisil "hundred Ninety" Topically To Toes
Oct 11, 2014

Dictating -----Lamisil "hundred ninety" topically to toes----please help ...