A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The Link - What You Do Makes a Difference? - Anyone else read this BS?

Posted: Jan 16, 2015

E.g.,

"I can make my family wait for dinner..."  You bet!!! I have a very understanding 2-year-old.

"I can make myself skip a break..."  Absolutely!!!  I can buy a freakin' catheter?!  WTH was I thinking???

"I can make myself put off my child’s request for homework help..." Of course I can!!!  She'll get out of the 5th grade eventually, right?

Hey Nuance, I can make some VERY creative hand gestures...

I'm just glad it didn't go to H in a handbasket - while I was nursing!

[ In Reply To ..]
but I completely feel you for the rest of those complaints.

I don't waste my time reading much of any of their crap anymore. - dz

[ In Reply To ..]
It's obviously put out there, that and those stupid emails every day with their "news" by someone with nothing better to do. Like the classic: What is a document integrity error?

Love the answer: Three of them will fail a report.

Yeah, that explains it alright. Nuance, I have better things to do and I recognize these BS things for what they are: Just another leach in the company with a stupid gravy job that probably pays way better than mine which really contributes to the bottom line.

Ditto well put - Janitor

[ In Reply To ..]
I have definitely become a minimalist because they are so full of it. My only concern is that we're not done with the strange things coming out of them. I always tell people I work in an industry where your work supports 3 other people whose job is to tear up your work.

An industry where your work supports 3 other people - whose job is to tear up your work!

[ In Reply To ..]
Never had I seen it expressed so succinctly and absolutely on point. Well done!

...and they get to feel justified while they're doing it too, don't forget. I don't doubt every single QA/QC person is convinced without a doubt they are infinitely superior to us mere MTs.
Superior... Really? - Texas MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm a QA/QC person. I am not convinced that I am superior to anyone! I am first and foremost an MT... without a doubt!
I know it would be hard to do the work of - docking MT pay
[ In Reply To ..]
Unless you felt you were superior, no? That is my reason for refusing to do QA, though I have been asked at Nuance.

I would not do a job where, as a result of my actions, someone lost a considerable chunk of change from their paycheck. It is abhorrent.

Not saying it is your fault, it is not, it is Nuance's fault, but I don't suppose you ever wondered why you don't have to worry if you are going to make $100 less this week because someone claimed you made an "error" which was really very minor?

I know if I were to do QA it would NEVER be with this company who is just using QA/QC as tools to steal money from MTs.
QA/QC - Texas MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not going to argue with you. It does sound awful, the way you describe it. Everyone has a story to tell. Here is mine. I'm making less per hour than I was in 1985... doing the same job! Talk about stealing money from MTs? There you go! We're all in the same boat, in one way or another, my fellow MT.
Unless I am mistaken, however - you may be making less, but
[ In Reply To ..]
You know how much you will be making every week, no? Have you read the posts where some people did fine the first week, down $200 the next because of one error? I personally have yet to be affected to any great extent, but it is nervewracking to know you can have such wildly fluctuating pay packets every week.

More than nervewracking, it is criminal. Us MTs are not stealing money from you QAs, Nuance is doing that too, but at least you know how much you are getting every week, which is more than you can say for us.
QA/QC - Texas MT
[ In Reply To ..]
You are correct. I usually have a general idea of what I will be making week by week. But.... because of OOW situations over the holidays, my paycheck was considerably less than usual. Also, there is a strong rumor circulating that QA will have a new pay plan as well, like MTs. We will be paid based on LPH/production and not hourly. Again, that is just a rumor but nonetheless, I am nervous about it. I will be feeling your pain soon my fellow MT, if this rumor becomes true.
I have a question for you. Do you really get random - wannie
[ In Reply To ..]
reports to QA? The reason I ask is because this week I've had only 2 reports post audited. Both of them were from the same provider, the same work type (which I just started doing). Nothing else audited. Not even 1% of my work audited this week, whereas a couple of weeks ago it was 4% - the last 2% of which brought me below 99% on Friday afternoon.
Random - Texas MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, the reports that I QA come randomly. I just take whatever comes up next. I cannot speak for everyone though.
Do you have any idea why the "system" would "randomly" - wannie
[ In Reply To ..]
choose 2 very short reports from the same provider of a work type I've never done before this week? Even a minor error in one of the reports put me below 99%. Sounds very suspicious to me.
System - Texas MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I have no idea. Truly, no clue.
One thing that is unfair I think is that - most QAs now are paid more than MTs
[ In Reply To ..]
While I understand QA knowledge and accuracy has to be very good, I always felt their advantage was getting the hourly wage, whereas we MTs had to work hard to achieve good productivity and line counts plus quality to achieve our pay rates.

Now it has pretty much gone by the wayside in that my guess is most QA hourly pay would be more than MTs make due to the complexity, frivolous "errors" and consequent ups and downs in compensation produced by this idiotic grid thing.

On average, I believe most MTs would now make less than QA and that I do not think is fair.

So, QA may not feel they are superior to us, but perhaps Nuance does, or why would they reward them monetarily more?

Maybe because they are achieving the important goal of increasing profits for Nuance by reducing MT pay.
unfair... - not really
[ In Reply To ..]
QC is a promotion from MT and QA is a promotion from QC, so naturally, as with any promotion, the pay will be greater.
unfair - Texas MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank You!
I have never heard that they are promotions - just different jobs
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been asked to think about doing QA, but only, presumably, because I have a lot of experience and they knew my work was good, not because it was a promotion.

I do not really see that as being a promotion, and certainly it does not seem to be promoted from within Nuance that I can tell, i.e. encouraging people to get "promoted" to QC or QA.
From what I see there used to be a few really - skilled QAs to ensure excellent work, but now
[ In Reply To ..]
We see an explosion of QA, QC from all over the place, and the Nuance ads we have seen trying to attract them did NOT seem to specify much skill or knowledge at all.

Basically, I used to have respect for QA/QC and think they were better than MTs, but now, it seems to me anyway, that many of them are trying to game this grid thing and your motivation must be suspect.

We don't know what you guys get for dreaming up idiotic "errors" like HEENT/HENT, but that is not proper QA, that is just heinous made-up errors and we wonder what you get for "getting" us.

A far cry from what used to be a skillful, knowledgeable, and respectable job. Now QC/QA are used by Nuance to reduce MT pay, end of story. Tell me that's not true.

Maybe you don't care or don't think it's your fault, but you have to admit it's happening.

Snort, laugh, and chuckle - mom22

[ In Reply To ..]
You know what the sad thing is? I started snort laughing when I saw this because I have said the same thing!!!!!

Mine is also in 5th, and when math homework comes up, I'm thinking, "I'm working UGH!" Dinner is eaten at my desk. And as far as potty breaks? If I see another good file coming up, I will make my bladder expand until it's the size of my head if I have to so someone else doesn't get it!

I'd do the hand gestures too, but my wrists are sore these days, so I'll just do the internal eye roll that gives you a headache!

Indian contest submissions? sm - never ceases to amaze me

[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds like the kind of one liners one would submit for a contest.

Cannot believe they would include such gibberish in a newsletter.

Similar Messages:

There Must Be A Lot Of Difference In VR For
Oct 17, 2010

I have never been able to run much above 150 lph average doing VR for my company.  It is so horrid, I can usually type it quicker.  I cannot even imagine how anybody is doing 400-500 lph average.  Just pulling in the jobs, listening through patient information, filling in date of service, consulting physicians and such, fixing the ASR dictation and uploading the job -- there is no way on this earth it will ever happen at my company.  I need a new job apparently.  ...

What To Do When Dr. Makes You Gag
May 07, 2011

Everytime I do this doctor's transcription (ironically he is a pulmonologist) he snorts phlegm in the back of his nose right into the microphone and will even cough from it sometimes because he does it so hard. Tonight during an 11 min. dictation by him, halfway through I had to get up and run to the bathroom because I was gagging. He did it 5 times in the first 5 min. of the job.  I once reported a doc who uses voice recognition and apparently did her dictation on her lunch break WHIL ...

Makes You Wonder
Apr 15, 2013

I'm sure that the bigwigs at MM are very aware of the many disgruntled and downright angy posts on this board in the past week or two. It's sad that no one in the head office has addressed our concerns, either with a company-wide email or even a post on this site. It confirms that we are truly at the bottom of the totem pole and that they just want results, not happy employees. ...

What Is The Difference In Pay Between A T3 And A T4?
Apr 08, 2014

I did not realize there was even a T4 level with MModal.  Just noticed it in an e-mail today.  Thanks ...

What's The Difference Between TSM And TS
Jul 12, 2014

Anyone? ...

OT Makes The TSM
Aug 03, 2014

but it sure leaves us short of work.  But, hey, at least she gets her bonus. ...

Makes No Sense...
Nov 05, 2009

dictated "5/5 strength of each s/l patellotibial and gastric bilateral extermities."  I know that is not what is being said, but everytime he says this he slurs so bad I can't make it out.  This would bring off about 5 timestamps, so please help! ...

Makes Me Sick
Dec 15, 2009

I am currently awaiting a call from my boss about going salary for my position as an MT, and I have no patience , so just for fun I googled "how much salary does a medical transciptionist get paid" and I clicked on this link to one of those question/answer sites where someone asked about the average transcriptionist's salary, and what I read made me sick. This person wrote a huge answer about what is to be an MT and how they get paid and such.  This person is claiming essentially they ...

How Much Do You Think The MTSO Makes
Mar 20, 2010

If they are paying 8 CPL how much are they getting paid per line? Any general ideas? ...

Seeing No Difference With Upgrade To 6.1
Sep 27, 2010

Is it just me or my region but the only difference I have seen in the upgrade is the doctor's data base and being able to number with the numbering function.  I have yet to see the headings column come up on the left with a job or have the option on the top that says "type headings as dictated."  When I try to use the alt-H for inserting headers it it is still coming up in the middle of the screen and it is not showing, "client preferred headings."  Pretty much anything that ...

Maybe The Difference Is Some Of Us Dont See Ourselves
Jan 22, 2011

treated as such. If you do nothing to change a bad situation, the bad situation will never change.  But I guess some, like my DS, thrive on the drama of poor me, I can do nothing to help myself, please feel sorry for me.  And others, like me, hate drama, hate being treated bad, and refuse to stand by and let it continue.  I will not let a MTSO rule my life to the point of draining my bank account, monopolizing my time and stomping on my self esteem. Why would I stay in a situation ...

This Job Makes Me So Tired
Apr 13, 2011

It doesn't matter that I get enough sleep. MT makes me tired, sitting at the computer for hours on end. Anyone experience this? ...

What NUANCE's CEO Makes
May 14, 2011

CEO Pay Database Paul A. Ricci Chief Executive Officer NUANCE COMMUNICATIONS INC (NUAN) Headquarters: BURLINGTON, MA PREPACKAGED SOFTWARE 2010 Compensation   2010     Salary $575,000 Bonus $0 Value of Stock Awards $12,873,849 Value of Option Awards $5,818,100 Non-Equity Incentive Plan Compensation $460,000 Change in Pension Value and Deferred Compensation Earnings $0 All Other Compensation $45,182 Total $1 ...

Would It Make A Difference To You As An MT If Your...
Jul 20, 2011

CEO, COO, President, etc., came to you and said that management was taking a pay cut along with you?  Has anyone ever been told that their office staff or other support personnel have been doing without raises or taking pay cut with the bad economy?  Do they have mandatory reduction in hours when things are slow as there is no money coming in?  I'm just curious how much the nature of the beast affects everybody in a company versus the MTs and what the reasoning is.  Why ...

Difference Between MT Statuses
Aug 04, 2011

What is the difference between being an independent contractor, subcontractor and employee in medical transcription.  I'm now PT employee at MQ and looking.  Which would be the best status to be searching for?  Hope someone can help me understand this.  Thanks. ...

Unsure Of What Is The Difference
Sep 29, 2011

What would be the difference in being a coder in a  physician's clinic, insurance company, mental health facility or home health facility. Which setting would provide the most interesting work, the easiest, the least time-consuming? ...

Wmx - What's The Difference Between Native And New?
Oct 04, 2011

Hadn't used New version all that long (months?) before we switched back to Native.  I honestly do not see a difference between the two besides native having an ugly font.  Clue me in as to why the switch back, and what's the difference?  Thanks. ...

Hey Know What Makes This Job More Tolerable??
Mar 04, 2012

Vicodin and Valium!!  Pulled my back out..sure makes the day go by fast ...

What Is An Easy Way To Tell The Difference Between These Two?
Mar 23, 2012

Procyte and Prosight I know that Prosight is a multivitamin.  I found both on WebMD's drugs and meds A-Z.  There was no information on Procyte.  It was just listed as Procyte Top.  I was not aware that there was a Procyte until earlier today.  The doctor dictated "And be careful you use the correct one, but I am unsure of the spelling."  That confused me a bit, so I did some research and the only place that I found any mention of Procyte was on WebMD.  An ...

Difference Between IC And Employee - S/m
Jul 21, 2012

Job hunting -:( not fun.  I see some places paying 8 and 4 cpl, seems to be the going rate but my question is - some places are IC and some have employee status.  Other than the obvious benefits, why would you want to be an IC?  I was self-employed with my husband years ago and it was a nightmare.  Had to pay $5000 for self-employment tax just to begin with.   Thanks for any info ! ...

This Always Makes Me Laugh
Jul 27, 2012

when the doc says something like "he was assaulted by two gentlemen."  Well, at least they were polite about it right? ...

What Is The Difference Between Tier 2 & 3?
Feb 02, 2013

Hey everyone, I am in the process of applying for a home based MT position, but i am wondering what the difference is between Tier 2 & 3. Thanks so much for any assistance you all can offer! ...

Difference In Pay For SR Vs Transcription
Mar 13, 2013

I've only done straight transcription in the past and just got hired by a company who apparently does both SR and transcription...can anyone give me info on their experiience as far as if I will make the same amount doing editing for SR as I would transcribing?  Looking at 0.04 cpl is a bit dauntiing.  I type really fast and it almost seems like I could straight transcribe a dictation at 0.08 cpl as fast as I could edit one at 0.04...just wondering about anyone else's experie ...

Really Makes You Not Want To Work!
Sep 27, 2013

I can't take much more!  I didn't get a single bad report on FIESA for 2 weeks.  Then they did that evaluation and wanted me to change my shift, being really nice to me.  I changed my shift completely this past week.  This week I get hit with 7 reports with numerous critical/major errors that I really do not remember doing at all.  Then I get nasty emails because I had been an hour short last week and the importance of working all my hours during my s ...

It Really Makes Me Mad When My Supervisor
May 09, 2014

calls for overtime because she is afraid jobs will go out of tat over the weekend and when I get on to work, I have no work on my usual 10 accounts and get work from accounts I have never heard of before!   What a way to help my line count and quality ...

Need An Answer As To The Difference Between
Sep 19, 2014

using numberical 2 and Roman II, was told was between types and conditions of disease. Am confused, can you help? ...

Difference Between IC And Employee?
Nov 19, 2014

What's the difference between IC and employee?  Thanks. ...

Another Thing That Makes Me Go Hmm...
Mar 06, 2015

Please to explain why we have to be physically talking to a Support person in order to claim time in Webclock? Even if there's no conversation going on, they are still in the computer "attempting" to install or whatever it may be. We are still unable to work, obviously. Odd how some will say, oh we can just stay on the phone while I'm doing this, while others say they'll call back when done. Prefer to stay on the phone, it's more interactive and proper (and we should be getti ...

What Difference Does It Make To The
Apr 17, 2015

scheduler person if we throw on a load of laundry while we stretch our legs?!?  We are allowed to stand up and stretch for god's sake!  The only thing she needs to worry about is our number of lines at the end of the day and if we worked our schedule.  That's literally all that matters.  Is it some kind of power/control trip?  Before, she said we're not supposed to take off and use PTO to go to the doctor, though of course it's okay for them to do tha ...

Makes No Sense
May 28, 2015

Get an email saying our POD is looking for people to do an hour extra....why am I still helping another group if my POD needs help? ...