A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Switch from MModal to Nuance-am I crazy?? - Neecy

Posted: May 20, 2012

I'm considering leaving MModal to go to Nuance, as MModal won't give me a day shift, and Nuance says they do.  Would I be crazy to switch?  Thanks.

read the board, doesn't seem to matter what shift you are on - they are low on work, overhire, nm

[ In Reply To ..]

leaving MModal to go to Nuance - transcriptperson

[ In Reply To ..]
I made the switch and couldn't be happier. This is only my experience but I have yet to run out of work for more than 5 minutes or so and has only occurred a few times; doctors are so so much easier to understand then the ones I typed for with MModal and my team leader actually calls or emails me back within a reasonable amount of time. I have a day shift of 9 to 5 Tuesday through Saturday and was offered all kinds of different shifts (and not too long ago)

Switch from MModal to Nuance-am I crazy?? - Mattie

[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance very low on work, only making half of what I used to here.

Mattie, was that M*Modal? OP, ask for - eScription accounts. Good program. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Just backwards - Merri

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm leaving Nuance and going to M*Modal!

Similar Messages:

Not Sure What To Do (Nuance Vs MModal)
Mar 27, 2012

I left MModal when they took over a company I was working for, so really I was only with them for  about 2 weeks.  Now I'm working for a company that Nuance is taking over.  I applied for Nuance and I've been offered a job with them. They are already so disorganized.  Just faxing in the paperwork to them has been a nightmare.  The recruiter is scatterbrained.  The HR dept keep changing things and not faxing me the correct paperwork on what I need to g ...

Nuance Vs MModal
Dec 12, 2013

Just curious - at Nuance, if you fail your audits, do they put you on 100% QA and reduce your salary as they do at MM? ...

MModal ---Nuance
Mar 17, 2014

Rumor has it that now Nuance will purchase MModal!!! OMG... There will be no other company left. Nuance is horrible and now with joining hips with MModal it will be worse for all of us.  I left MModal and now with Nuance and things are not better. MModal will just continue to ruin the industry and send everything offshore or to VR and pay us pennies for our knowledge and hard work. I am tired of sitting around waiting for work only to now be told that MModal will most likely be taken over ...

MModal Vs Nuance
Aug 26, 2014

I'm a Nuance employee and know that our companies are constantly competing to be the biggest and (probably) cheapest out there.  So I often will watch this board for trends and other stuff that the big Nuisance will pick up and do themselves.  Lately I've been seeing a lot of comments about your quality requirements, either being above or moving down to (what could it have been before???) 99.5%.  I'm assuming our scoring is fairly similar, where minor errors are a ...

I Work For Both MModal And Nuance
Dec 11, 2012

And I can tell you with certainty that M*Modal is waaaaaaaay better to work for.  The pay is rotten just like everywhere else, but I have always been treated with complete respect by my bosses and co-workers.  Nuance is the worst job I've ever had, and I've been working for a long time.  They try every way they can to beat you down. Their QA is the worst I've ever experienced.  I have nothing nice to say about them at all. ...

Is This Site Only For Nuance/mmodal MTs
May 08, 2013

Or just a board for MTs in general?  I've never spent a lot of time on here until recently, and the more I read, I started thinking it was really only for those of you at those two places?  I've gotten good info from here and looked for jobs once in awhile but did not want to intrude if it was mainly focused on those two companies. ...

Article About Nuance And MModal
Jul 29, 2014

Take a look at the load of crap they're selling these hospitals! ...

Mmodal Versus Nuance...any Advice?
Oct 03, 2012

How Long Until Mmodal Gobbles Up Nuance Ya Think?
Oct 15, 2012

eliminate the third biggest so now they have a bigger carrot to dangle.  Face it, Nuance's healthcare is just a drop in the bucket of all their endeavors.  ...

Undercover Boss For Nuance And MModal
May 29, 2013

It would be great if the CEOs of these cheap miserly companies had to trade places with us worker bees for a week or two like on the TV show Undercover Boss and see how long they would last.  That would be an eye-opener.  ...

Wow...Nuance Acquired Probity? Look Out MModal..
Aug 29, 2013

I can't wait to see who wins the war and which one is left standing.  Two classic examples of money hungry, worthless management companies I have EVER worked at.  I hope they BOTH wind up in the trash can bankrupt.  I only wish MTs could band together and make that happen sooner rather than later.  This is all just so senseless.  Ruination of lives..... ...

Is Anyone Happy Working For Nuance? What About Mmodal? And Why?
Sep 21, 2013

i, too, like a couple others on here right now, am wondering what if any transcription companies still out there are good to work for. ...

Is There Anyone Here Working For Nuance Or MModal Who Is Happy With Their Job? Nm
Nov 06, 2013

, ...

Which Company (not MModal) Is The Competition For Nuance?
Jan 13, 2015

I want to work for their biggest competitor and hopefully help in taking contracts away from Nuance and causing them to feel the financial losses that we have been feeling for quite some time. There has to be some company who is growing fast and obtaining some of their clients.  Anyone? ...

Opinions On 3 Companies-Nuance, Transcend And MModal
Feb 01, 2012

I am currently an IC but seeking an employee position that offer a good workflow, decent insurance family rates and retirement plan.  Do any of these 3 companies offer anything like this? I hate going back out into an office but may have to.  It has occured to me as I am getting older that I have no retirement or decent insurance so something has to give. Opinions please. ...

One Less Competitor For Nuance - MModal Files Bankruptcy
Mar 08, 2014

From this morning's Wall Street Journal:  M*Modal, a medical services company owned by a J.P. Morgan Chase JPM +0.85% & Co. private-equity arm is preparing to file for bankruptcy protection in the next two weeks as it struggles under a hefty debt load and declining sales, people familiar with the matter said. M*Modal is in discussions with its creditors on a prearranged restructuring plan that would streamline its trip through bankruptcy court, these peo ...

Nuance Overtaking Transcend..now MModal No Longer #1 In MTSO?
Mar 08, 2012

Wonder why Mmodal even keeps stable of MTs..since clearly they are a VR/EMR company.  I wonder if they could get rid of this dead wait of these irritating typists they have to deal with and just move en masse over to Nuance?  ...

Poll: Which Company Do You Think Is The Lesser Of 2 Evils? MModal Or Nuance? And Why?
Aug 03, 2014

xx ...

POLL: Which Company Do You Think Is The Lesser Of 2 Evils, Nuance Or MModal? And Why?
Aug 03, 2014

x ...

KVM Switch
May 21, 2010

Does anyone use one of these and have tips on a good one, or even a bad one to avoid? I think I will invest in one and have been reading online reviews.  It seems a lot of them have little quirks that may be annoying....... ...

Switch To IC
Apr 24, 2013

My previous employer provided my computer and all the software.  I'm thinking about trying independent contracting since most of the jobs I've seen require your own equipment anyway, but how do you know what equipment to get?  Each company seems to have their own preferences.  I'd like to have what would work across the board if I need to work on several accounts.  I've read about using a different tax form too, but can anyone tell me what else I would nee ...

VR Switch Over?
Dec 22, 2013

Does anyone know when the VR switch over for hospitals and clinics has to take place? I was just laid off from my job due to it going to VR. I was told 2014 but wondered if anyone had specifics. Thanks! ...

New To ASR/Told Had To Switch To ME By 07/01
Jun 30, 2010

I am sweating this out, as everyone else has, and it is not working for me.  The rules are too vague, the training insufficient, and I am struggling with doing whatever I can to get through the report and trying to correct "correctly" - whatever way that really is, there is no explanation.  I don't know when to use F11.  I gave ASR a 4-month try 4-5 (?) years ago when it first was implemented, and see similar non-recognition issues, similar heading issues, and probably I am ...

Is It Possible To Request A Switch To Another CCM
Feb 16, 2012

x ...

KVM Switch Recommendations?
Apr 23, 2012

I don't know too much about KVM switches, but I am getting ready to start two new jobs and have two different computers.  I thought I might try one. Today, my foot pedal for my second job came in and low and behold, it is the same one for my first job.   Do any of you know if there is a KVM that will switch keyboard, video, monitor, headphones, AND foot pedal, and can you recommend one to me.  I'm trying to research, but all this techie jargon makes my head hurt an ...

Im Due To Switch To 7 Here Shortly
Jul 09, 2012

would be really nice if we didnt have to use the "dep" to search and not be allowed to be signed into the other one without that at the same time..Never used to be like that it is really annoying..They say check samples, well you check samples and there are none,in the meantime it kicks you out of the other and when you sign back into it it doesnt save your information so you start from scratch and they wonder why we have so much inactive time... ...

For Those Considering A Switch To Nursing
Jan 14, 2013

Something to consider before you invest in training.  Not saying don't do it, just be aware that you're not guaranteed a job when you graduate. http://money.cnn.com/2013/01/14/news/economy/nursing-jobs-new-grads/index.html?iid=HP_LN&hpt=hp_t2 ...

Account Switch
Oct 24, 2014

Hi,  I have an opportunity to switch accounts and work with new manager and team.  Premise is works better with schedule, less out of work situations.  Anybody familiar with CCMH and the supervisor there?  Just want to know work statuses and things like that before I switch.  Any feedback would be great.  Thanks! ...

Switch From MTs To MMEs Has Started
Nov 10, 2009

Well folks, email today regarding yet another MQ program- Account Trustee- those of us with good quality scores have the HONOR of sending reports directly through to the client with 2 blanks or less, thus bypassing QA.  Instead of addressing the issue WHY QA is so backlogged (could it be because so many QA were underpaid and have left) this is the new decision.  ...

Companies That Don't Bait And Switch....
Nov 16, 2009

So disillusioned.  The company I loved for so long has turned into greedy liars.  Who in the MTSO world is still decent? ...