A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sorry, but I need to vent. - bah-humbug

Posted: Oct 29, 2014

It's such a nice holiday gift they're giving us.  We all know that anytime you throw a new account or dictator in the mix it drops our LPH.  Because of this it will also be dropping our PTO, which is based on our LPH/cpl.  Also, I'm sure we'll see the dreaded "no jobs available" coming our way because everything has been pooled out to the masses to keep a 4-hour TAT instead of the usual 16 to 24 with our exclusives.  Plus, don't forget, as promised, VR editing is coming close behind this "exciting change" with even fewer pennies being paid for our hard working fingers and tired eyes.  Happy Holidays!  And by the way, here's less money to help make the upcoming season even more brighter and enjoyable for you and your family.  Yell

Similar Messages:

Have To Vent About A PA
Oct 19, 2009

I have an ARNP doing a radiation follow up.  She dictates "33 fractions of 5040 GRAY" and then goes on to say "that's small c, capital G, small y."  She has done this a number of times over a number of reports.  I'm just shaking my head.   ...

VR Vent!!
Oct 20, 2009

I just spent the last few hours pretty much completely re-typing garbage VR!  I am so sick of this!  Especially after we just got our rate cut significantly.  Why can't they provide a good VR platform??!! I just worked my butt off for nothing! ...

Just A Vent....
Dec 07, 2009

Someone ought to take these ESL doctors and torture them like they torture us with their unbelievably horrible English speaking skills! We should not be told we're jeopardizing patient care - it's the ESL doctors.  I've never had an ESL doctor and I'd refuse to be treated by one who can't speak clearly or speak a complete sentence. Jerks! ...

I Have To Vent (even Though There's Nothing To Be Done) Sm
Jan 07, 2010

I've been doing this a long time, and I know how oblivious doctors are to anything approaching being polite when they dictate.  I've heard them in the bathroom, I've heard them yelling at their kids, talking on the phone, listening to football games on TV while dictating, etc.  We all have.  But there's this one foreign female doctor on the account I regularly transcribe who drives me UP the wall.  She apparently thinks dictation time is time to eat.  ...

Just Want To Vent
Mar 07, 2010

I hate being on QA hold.  I just started a new job and no matter where I've worked through the years, QA always seem to be the same!  It's never consistent.  I'm marked off for one thing by one QA and then not for the same thing by another!  Am I supposed to do that or not? I'm trying to learn this account and being 2 different things on one subject is confusing to say the least! ...

Just A Vent For ASR
Jul 17, 2010

Wow, if E-scription is such a wonderful ASR platform, I feel sorry for us all becuase I have had to change at least 1-2 words per line on E-scription today, WHENEVER I actually had work, that is.  This whole thing is getting worse and worse all the time, and for such horrible cpl rates that I can't even stand this after 36 years.  If the doctors and all the big muckity mucks had even the SLIGHTEST clue.  Gladly change places for one report with them.  Thanks I needed t ...

ESL Vent
Nov 01, 2010

Ugh, I am getting so frustrated with this ESL doc.  He says these doctors' names and I cannot understand him and I don't even know if he's pronouncing them correctly.  I search through all the doctors' names that start with the letter that it sounds like he saying to try to find one that might match how he is pronouncing it.  It's taking so much time.  If I find a name that comes close enough to what he is saying, I will use that.  Other times I ...

Just An ESL Vent
Nov 06, 2010

Just need to vent and complain a little about the annoying way this ESL dictates...it's really getting on my nerves.   He constantly says things like: Heart sounds "is" regular.  Medications "is" reviewed.  Lungs "is" clear.  Always combining plurals with singulars.  Then there's the: There is "a" pitting edema...  And no, he's not saying "ah", it is clearly an "a."  There is "a" mitral regurgitation...  Finally, I can tell he's re ...

Can I Please Vent About This
Apr 18, 2011

We have a supervisor.. just one.  She can also type at home if she chooses to once she gets home from the office.  Of course she does because she makes a lot more money.  I probably would too.  But, here's my peeve..... We can't cherry pick.. of course not. No sending jobs back that are from some of the worst dictators in the world. We just trod through and type and get those horrible lines per hour on those horrible docs . But she assigns all the best dictator ...

Need To Vent.
Aug 18, 2011

I am trying so hard at this new job.  I've been there a month, and I've never seen such complicated visit choices, etc.  It's just very difficult for me for some reason.  I have pages and pages of good notes, but I'm always missing something.  So far, no one has been ugly with me, but I'm feeling it's only a matter of time.  I'm an experienced MT of over 12 years and am very good, but I'm just about to cry because of these header p ...

CAN I VENT HERE???
Sep 08, 2011

I've switched jobs about 4 times this year, searching for the "perfect fit" - even went down to 7 cpl as an IC which everyone on these boards has said NEVER to do, just so I could have no weekends and flexibility during the day.  Just when I thought I found a great company, they changed their platform to Emdat/Inscribe.  Oh, ah, so much fun - NOT!!!  And so much for that 7 cpl.  We'll be getting 2 cpl on the QT lines  :(  I am soooo unhappy.  To make ...

Have To Vent.
Oct 15, 2011

This dictator is driving me nuts!!! Even the sound of every deep, gravelly, congested-sounding breath the man takes makes my head and ears hurt.  Sounds like he's dictating with his mouth full of spit or some kind of gunk. Ewwwww gross!  Plus he's ESL.  Plus it's an account I've never done before.  Plus it's sounds like he's dictating under water, and he keeps repeating what seems like every other phrase.  I'm already irritable, grouchy ...

Vent To The M.D.'s
Oct 31, 2011

Dear Doctor: Just to let you in on a little secret, I do not get paid to listen to you to sit and read through your chart, eat, or take phone calls.  I'm a real person listening to you, so either dictate or hang up.  Thanks so much. ...

Need To Vent!
Feb 10, 2012

I absolutely hate the account I type for....hate it.  Is it really THAT difficult to want most of the physicians dictate correctly?  I said 'most' too because I do know that to expect all of them to dictate correctly is ridiculous.  I can't even average 10 reports an hour on this account because of the errors.  They mumble, slur their words, clip their words, rustle every paper around them... and I'm taliking about 80% of them!  This is a new account ...

Just Another Vent
May 09, 2012

I have a full-time position which I honestly can say I love.  However, all things being what they are in this field, I always try to keep my eggs in least 2 baskets "just in case." I accepted an IC position for a little "mad money" a couple of weeks ago from a company with a pretty decent reputation, "IC" being the operative phrase here. The TL to whom I have been assigned is driving me batty.  She is constantly wanting to call me with things that could very well be addressed via oth ...

Got To Vent!
Oct 15, 2012

Just got a new account a couple of weeks ago and was super excited because its brand new,  straight transcription until VR picks it up.......good deal?  Not so much.  It seems the QCs are all on a different page.  I have sent the 3 "Super" QCs all the same question and got different answers.  Sent it to my lead and she told me to ask the "Super" QCs. (I just love that term and wonder if they put sticky stars on a matrix on their refrigerators every time they flush an MT ...

Vent.
Nov 28, 2012

I am about to let loose so stop reading now if you don't feel like hearing it. I am SICK and TIRED of new MTs in this field who say that all is rosy in the MT world.  Oh, what bright horizons and exciting times for us here!!! Oh how wonderful for those who roll with the punches because technology is gee whiz wonderful.  The stockholders are promised less labor in the future. Well isn't that great, that doesn't affect ME.  That means we are looking forward to bright ...

May I Please Just Vent?
Jan 30, 2013

Why oh why can't these companies have just a speck of honesty when they hire us?  I was recently hired by a company and was hired for "fulltime" and I get at the most 600 lines daily.  I actually love the job and would probably work it part-time, if asked, but why deceive me into thinking they had full-time lines available?  I see MTs who are actually looking for part-time and most companies say "We are sorry, but we are only hiring full-time."   I am beginning to belie ...

Need To Vent. Are They Just Out To Get Us?
Jun 11, 2013

How many times do you see the same mis-spelled words coming up in VR?  I can't stand it.  How do they get there in the first place?   I think they're just trying to set us up for failure. How stupid!  ...

Well I Just Have To Vent. I Want To Know HOW To Become
Jun 07, 2014

a pet!  I do all the work types I am sent, I work my schedule, I do all the OT "required" and still I am not thanked or anything, yet others are who come on when they scream OT even though I am already doing it.  UGH!!!!!! ...

Just Have To Vent
Jun 26, 2014

I can't take anymore of this FIESA beratement and their arbitrary scores deducting 1 to 3 points off for nonsense.  Perhaps when EMR takes over that will be the end of this miserable giant known as Nuance. ...

My Vent An VR/SR
Dec 13, 2014

I'm just venting..I don't care whose fault this is.  Not asking questions or looking for solutions, just feel like venting, so here goes. Dear makers of VR - It is so screwed up I'm changing every sentence and having to retype what is said for half of what it should be.  Why even have doctors if you are just going to input whatever you want.  Why not have a patient go up to a VR machine and tell them what's wrong and let you print out a report because you are ...

Vent
Jan 06, 2015

While I'm at it, I need to vent. Received an email yesterday with a "snapshot" of my QA for the past 6 months. Just numbers. 3 months passed, 3 months didn't. All 6 still average over the 9.5 requirement. I looked back and the last time I actually received any QA feedback was back in May 2013 at 100%. Have heard nothing since that time! Now all of a sudden this!  No way to look up past reports for failed audit, nothing. "Let me know how I can help you starting now."  Are you ...

Just Have To Vent!
Apr 19, 2015

I just had a report that could have been dictated and wrapped up in 10 seconds if he'd just dictated it straight through.  Instead, each word was separated by about 10-20 seconds of nothing, with only the sound of him eating chips until he said another single word, then smacked and crunched again for another 10-20 seconds.  I hate those kinds of inconsiderate doctors so much! ...

Finding Another Job Vent
Oct 31, 2009

I need to find a new job.  The company I'm working for is replacing med transcriptionists with voice recognition and electronic health records.  This is not the first time this has happened either, . . it happened at another hospital I worked for.  The company's response was "you can go work for the service."  Yeah, right, at half the pay.  After working at a good in-house hospital job for nine years, I realize how home MTs are so mistreated.  And, ...

TIME TO VENT
Feb 09, 2010

Well... I have kept quiet for sooo long.  However, as I sit here with NJA in front of me, which has become a consistent thing again ( I was already moved from one region to another because of this reason), I started looking through some old documents.  I have been working at home since 1995.  My company was bought out by Q in February 2000.  Things were wonderful at first.  Got a raise in 2001 from 0.0866 to 0.0875. Woo woo!!  Bonuses, incentives, making 38,000 ...

Just A Small Vent
Mar 12, 2010

I have one of "those" dictators.  I know. . . . . who doesn't, right? This guy is a native English speaker, but he's a speedy mumbler.  I struggle with him, but work on each one of his that I get so that I can get better.  Just when I think I'm getting better with him one of his comes back from QA completely marked up.  Some are changes that could be debated, but some are just stupid mistakes that I should have caught. I'm just frustrated ...

Workload Vent
Aug 03, 2010

Nothing I like better than to have no work on a Saturday (when I am supposed to be working) and then get E-mailed throughout the day on Sunday asking for help and that the acount will fall behind and out of TAT.  Please... give me a break.  Just ridiculous.  Could you at least entice me to do some "supposed" extra work by at least giving an incentive.  Why do I have a feeling I am on an over-flow account and was never told this?  Common MTSO's get a clue. ...

Small Vent
Aug 24, 2010

I wish my MTSO would stop asking people to work on Monday's.  You requested I work a weekend day and not M - F, so now deal with it. ...

Another Vent On Injustice Here
Sep 02, 2010

Pulling standards into ASR reports!!!!! This does not work! If we were getting paid hourly maybe, but this is cruel and unusual when we are on production pay and forced to make an ASR report fit into a standard. I swear this is 10 times more stressful than not getting bathroom breaks.  It is just so wrong.  It doesn't work and nobody will listen. Vent over (for now). ...