A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Real Einsteins working at Nuance! - sm

Posted: Sep 30, 2014

What ever bird brain came up with the idea to work OT for PTO is a real gem. I have 6 accounts and have been OOW for going on 2 days now. Thanks, Nuisance, for the pleasure of working for you.

Totally agree. Such morons - newbutold

[ In Reply To ..]
I lucked out on my last shift and had a full shift of work, but not today due to their stupid 8 hours PTO and those people who are working it and taking away all the work meant for those of us who normally work this shift. I need my 8 hours of full work as much as everybody else

It was actually quite brilliant - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They want the end of the quarter/fiscal year, whatever to have great TAT. They offer a PTO incentive to get the work pushed out. That is all they care about, the TAT. If you sign up and do not get the 8 hours in, they still got the work pushed out and do not have to give you anything. If you did manage to get your 8 hours, chances are pretty good that your hourly rate for PTO is not all that grand due to their low wages so not a big loss for them. If I am out of work because everybody has been working, they have to think so what. I can either take my PTO or take a nap or whatever but in the end, they still got what is most important to them. We all know, what is most important to them does not align with our interests.

EXACTLY.. which is why I dont do - sufferinginsilence

[ In Reply To ..]
any OT, nor do I "help out" on other accounts. Anything they offer us is just a dirty trick to get what they want and try to make it seem we are getting this "great opportunity" to make some money. I care as much about their TAT as they care if I'm able to pay my rent. I absolutely HATE NUANCE and everything they stand! for - the money hungry b*s*ta%%ds!

After today, I'm about ready to quit w/out notice. - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I requested 2 months ago to be off Thanksgiving. I've worked Christmas for the past 2 years and planned on working it again this year. My request came back rejected. I guess it's because I never work OT and I do not kiss a$$. Well, I've sent out 3 job apps today and hopefully I will be out of this place soon. Oh, and I'm done checking that FIESA crap and using the Spark. They can email me if they want something.
that stinks - newbutold
[ In Reply To ..]
That really stinks. That is one complaint I have never had. I don't know who has the final say so, but I have never been denied any time off. I asked off for last Christmas but worked Thanksgiving and the year before had one of them off. My TL has always sent everything back approved. Who knows how. I may have to request and see what they say.
After today.. - Sammie
[ In Reply To ..]
Hey, this sounds exactly like me! They are never on Spark anyway! I know exactly how you feel! I've pretty much had it!
Ticks me off because this is the only holiday I request off. - mt2
[ In Reply To ..]
Yea, my TM is never on Spark and she's always "mobile" - meaning not at her desk. I SO HATE THIS PLACE.
Never there when you need help - CINDY
[ In Reply To ..]
The account I'm on there is no one to ask. Its like a ship in the dark with a simple little question that could be answered in 2 seconds, but there is no one to answer it for you.
If the whole team just stopped typing for a - week, that would likely get noticed.
[ In Reply To ..]
Really, anything is worth a try at this point. It's not going to get better, and will only get worse, then disappear. Might as well stick it to them, if only for a week, just because you still can.
Perhaps, but if I could afford to not type for a week--sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I would not be here to begin with. This is a job or me and once I get to a point I do not need that week's income, I will stop altogether.
So what will you do when they let you go with - no advance notice? You may - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
end up not typing, or working at all, for MONTHS. Possibly even forever, if you're over 55 or so.

That said, there's another point in time that EVERYONE will have plenty of time to start sticking it back to The Man. When you're unemployed, time is something we have tons of.
Never there.. - Sammie
[ In Reply To ..]
Wouldn't it be nice if we could know which accounts we are talking about. I am so paranoid even asking, but so many replies on this board reminds me of my own experiences and TSMs. They don't let us know the names of anyone on our account, so we can't ask questions to them either. It is like a ship in the dark.....

Similar Messages:

What's The Real Story With Nuance
Oct 15, 2012

I see a lot of ads for Nuance lately and it seems like there are MTs saying there is no work for them.  What is the real scoop?  Just want to know if it would be worthwhile to apply to them or if I would be sitting around with no work.  Not a big fan of big MTSO... but needing some work and willing to compromise if I must.  Thanks in advance!  ...

Working For Nuance???
Jun 06, 2012

I have been out of transcription for roughly 2-1/2 years but need to get back to work.  I am going back to school to get some add'l training this fall but in the meantime need a job.   They are recruiting right now and wondered if someone could tell me something about being an at-home transcriptionist for them?? Any info would be greatly appreciated; thanks!!!!   ...

Anyone Working For Nuance And Liking It???
May 02, 2011

So I hear a lot about how there is no work at Nuance now because they are over hiring and that they are a "nightmare" to work for. Is there anyone working there now that likes it and isn't having any problems?  ...

Any Positives Working For Nuance?
Mar 29, 2013

Is there anything positive about working for Nuance?  What's it like working on the eScription and Dictaphone ExText platforms?  What are your average line counts on those platforms?  I can average 400+ lph working on a clinic account, but I get to use lots of word expanders and templates, it's all straight typing as well.  I read somewhere they just made cuts in pay, was that across the board and how much of a cut was it?  I read that they start out at 4 ...

Still Working For Nuance, Nobody Else Will Hire Me
Nov 07, 2013

and I don't know why.  I have always been able to see an ad, respond to it, and have the job and the schedule I wanted now I'm not even getting responses to resumes and I'm wondering if it's because I'm so close to retirement.  I haven't worked that many places that it looks like I'm job jumping so I can't think of anything else and I'm getting a little nervous.  I need a second job really bad! ...

I Have Come To This Conclusion After Working At Nuance.
Feb 09, 2015

Since they constantly bounce us back and forth, forcing us to choose between production and quality, which have you chosen? Or aren't you there yet? I have chosen quality. At least for the moment. I think I'm getting just as whacko as they are. Signed, Present MUP Collector ...

Working For Nuance Transcription
Mar 25, 2015

Whoever is even thinking of trying to work for Nuance Transcription, should think again!  They are always running out of work and pay sucks big time! They have a new pay system where you are docked for almost everything! You have to meet 99% quality, which is no problem, as you should be meeting that anyway, but then they check your reports, always short ones and if they find an error, especially a major one, that docks your score way down, which in turn docks you pay, plus they then take y ...

Nuance - Working Weekends
Mar 27, 2015

Just wondering.  Nuance bought out my old company a while back, and I have always worked Monday through Friday.  Now all of a sudden they say we HAVE to work either Saturday or Sunday EVERY WEEK.  My question is, if I had said no to the weekend as I was hired Monday-Friday, could they have fired me? ...

Is Anyone Happy Working For Nuance? What About Mmodal? And Why?
Sep 21, 2013

i, too, like a couple others on here right now, am wondering what if any transcription companies still out there are good to work for. ...

I Love Working For Nuance And Have Been Around The Block
Sep 25, 2013

I Hate Working For Nuance So Badly.
Oct 16, 2013

I truly just hate ever day that I have to work for them. The days are sooooo long and seem never-ending.  Fifteen years of 99%+ accuracy and now I need a mentor?  Really?  WTH?  Switch me to a new, more difficult account and after 1 week tell me I suck so bad I have to be mentored?  Provide me with no list of physician names or local cities or names of local hospitals and expect my LPH to be up and running at full speed when I spend all my time Googling for info on an ar ...

Is There Anyone Here Working For Nuance Or MModal Who Is Happy With Their Job? Nm
Nov 06, 2013

, ...

Nuance - WorldClient/email Not Working??
Dec 17, 2013

Anyone else having trouble?  I wanted to email my tsm but i get: Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to mail.nuance-nts.com Did you mean: nuance-­nts.­com ...

Working For Nuance (minimum Wage)
Sep 27, 2014

25 years ago, I had an hourly wage of $11.50 (before I got into transcription), while the minimum wage was $3.35.  So I was making 3x minimum wage. Fast forward to Nuance today, my salary is $7.25, minimum wage.  (BTW, this is my very first minimum wage job of my entire lifetime, back to when I worked as a teenager in the 1970s).  Plus, the medical benefits are awful, and 25 years ago they were good, along with entirely paid by employer. And, Nuance feels the need to employ an a ...

Nuance Losing Account? Maybe It's Working!
Dec 08, 2014

So you need help on this account so far out of TAT you're in danger of losing it. Sounds like people are deserting. Maybe if they lose a few accounts they'll get the message. One can only hope. I feel sorry for the managers. It must be pretty tough sitting between the leeches and those whom they suck the blood out of. How do they do it? ...

Working For Nuance: A Truly Kafkaesque Experience!
May 06, 2015

If you doubt me, see the "Urban Dictionary" definition.  It's about as good as any that I have seen:   http://tinyurl.com/28rqen4 After working for far too long for a smaller MTSO, which was aquired by Nuance and which also treated its workers like dirt, and coming to this company, I begin to wonder if this is just the state of affairs in Health Information Services or just employment in the United States generally.  Trying to get and keep a decently paying job just seems l ...

Anyone Else Working For Nuance Having Issues With Webclock Tonight?
Aug 08, 2011

Mine will work until I click on Webclock to punch in my hours and then it just sits there with a blank page and does nothing. Just wondering if it is just me or anyone else having this problem? ...

Thanks, Nuance For Taking All My Working And Giving It To Offshore
Sep 27, 2012

Thanks so much for taking all the work in my primary and giving it to offshore so that I had to go to my secondary We-Don't-Speak-No-Good-English account!  Thanks for helping me lower my line average with that awesome secondary and raising my QC average!  Thanks for making me sign in and out 10 times yesterday to see if there was work!  Thanks for taking the work (all out of TAT) and giving it back to onshore a half hour before my shift was over!  Thanks for making me lose sleep over ...

Are Nuance MLS Working On Transcend Accounts? My Workload Has
Oct 19, 2012

Just wondering if we're all sharing accounts now. ...

IMPOSSIBLE To Make A Living Working At Nuance.
Aug 11, 2014

This is beyond insane. Why hire all these new people and pay for training and benefits only to have EVERYONE run out of work? It makes no business sense whatsoever. The person making these decisions must have received their MBA from a Cracker Jack's box. It's bad enough that we're being paid peanuts (pun intended), but to run out of work, too? Come on, people. Develop some sense and sensitivity. Thank you. ...

Is This For Real?
Apr 15, 2010

I have been on QA for at least 2 months.  The first month my TL went on vacation and when she did, I was still on full QA and all reports monitored.  I have not received any QA good or bad during this time, but when I inquired about it yesterday, I was told of at least 9 things that I keep doing wrong, and I am not good enough to let out into the work pool.  I asked for reports that I messed up and they only came up with one report that was not messed up,but a report in which I left blanks, w ...

MOT Is Getting Real Old
Jun 02, 2015

This has been going on for too long, without explanation and without any end in sight.   If one if fired for refusing to work beyond the hours they were hired to do, can they still collect unemployment?   ...

Real Company???
Jul 29, 2010

If you were to get hired as an IC by somebody who runs their own MT business out of their home, what things should you look out for to make sure you are not falling for a scam- and just doing someone else's work for free?  Do they need to know things like your SS #?  Thanks for the help! ...

Real Time
Sep 07, 2010

What gives with that ridiculous jargon in the training video?  "Real-time doctor's list."  Gimme a break.  "Streamlining our job."  Hooha.  "Increasing our productivity."  Come on now.  We're not idiots, Q. If that doctor's list was real time, it would be instantaneous.  I know that they meant that we would get to see a doctor's name as soon as it was updated on their end, but to call it real time is a misnomer.  How are extra ke ...

The Real Question...
Jan 10, 2011

...Is there anyone who makes good money doing editing, compared to straight transcription I mean? ...

Is DQS Being Real SLOW For Anyone Else?
Apr 05, 2011

I've had trouble logging in and uploading this morning.  Anyone else? ...

Will The Real Sm Please Stand Up?
Sep 09, 2011

I'm getting confused.  I read a post by "sm," and she (?)  comes across as even-tempered in style and conservative in viewpoint.   I read another post by "sm," and she (?) comes across as angry and argumentative with a liberal viewpoint.   Either "sm" has a split personality or there are 2 people using the same name.  Can we clear this up so we know who we're actually speaking to? ...

For Real? ASR Really So Stupid?
Dec 21, 2011

pain foraminal valley?  Really?  After 5+ years?  deep PAIN thrombosis?  Paradoxical ambulance (embolus) Drives me absolutely nuts.  Wasn't all of this stuff supposed to be LEARNED sometime in the last decade? DocQScribe 8 of whatever is their only concern????? ...

Real Work?
Feb 04, 2013

Does anyone know of any smaller, family-owned transcription agencies?  I honestly don't think any of these companies who advertise are a placed you would want to call home.  I have been in transcription for many years, have tested for many of these companies and never get a call back.  So not sure what they are looking for, etc.  I guess the smaller companies have been gobbled up by the bigger companies.  ...

LET'S BE HONEST, REAL?
Feb 16, 2014

Every morning starts with a FIESA Email of some ridiculous mistake like: MEDICATIONS: (Oh my God, you left off "Include") 1. Blah 2. Blah 3. Half the medications are wrong, numbers are wrong, etc. Then if you contest it, they say you were endangering the patient. (Really, leaving off the word "includes" is endangering the patient?) ANYWAY, IF THEY WERE TRULY CONCERNED ABOUT THE SAFETY OF THE PATIENT'S LIVES THEY WOULD NOT LEAVE IT IN THE HANDS OF A HORRID, INCAPABLE, PIECE OF ...