A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Interviewed with Nuance this week - jk

Posted: Oct 16, 2013

I filled out the application and took the test even though I knew I didn't want to work for them.  I have read this board enough to know that they are no better than the awful company I currently work for. I'm desperate to get out of my current job so I've been applying anywhere and everywhere with a "you never know" attitude.

So I took the test and I didn't expect to hear back, but I got an email that I had passed the test. Ended up scheduling an interview, even though I KNEW I didn't want to work there! Figured I'd just go through with the interview to gather information and see what's out there and if nothing else, it'd be a little extra "interview experience."

Well, let me tell you. It was the worst telephone interview I've ever had the displeasure of suffering from through. The recruiter was unprofessional, disorganized, and ill prepared. She got into tons of minute details that were totally unnecessary at this point. OMG so boring. What a terrible way to spend my lunch hour. 

Nuance - Did you take the job?

[ In Reply To ..]

So I take it they didn't offer you the job?  Or they did, and you turned it down?  It sounds miserable.

Nuance - They offered

[ In Reply To ..]
and I said I need to think it over. The account and days/hours offered sounded good, and even the CPL was better than I thought it would be, but I'm still leery that even a good account and good schedule can't overcome the inherent bads about this company....and, of course, who knows how soon the good account and good schedule would be changed to less desirable options.

Similar Messages:

MT Week At Nuance
May 18, 2014

Our reward for another year of working for this demeaning company is a week of childish games with token gifts. How typical for those who insult our intelligence routinely to come up with this. ...

MT Week? Not At Nuance
May 19, 2015

Did anyone else working for Nuance notice that they haven't done a thing for MT week this year??  I wouldn't even have known it was MT week if I didn't see it in an email from my TSM.  This is just one more thing Nuance has failed to come through on.  Granted it used to be cheesy and cheap contests and stuff, but now there isn't even that!  They are taking being cheap to an all time new low!!  ...

Nuance Stock Crashed Last Week....
Dec 01, 2013

Read all of the stories here on it....   http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=NUAN&ql=0 ...

Happy MT Week With Love From Nuance
May 18, 2015

Love this quote sent by TSM this morning: “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others.  And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” ~Dalai Lama Guess she is unaware of the damage their grid has done to us, huh???? Happy MT week anyway, folks!     ...

WMX/nuance - Did Not Make The Required Line Count One Week
Nov 07, 2011

Relatively new.  Did not make the required line count one week.  Is this a biggie or are you okay as long as you average out for payperiod?  What might I expect? ...

Wordzexpressed - Anybody Interviewed Yet?
Sep 10, 2012

They posted over a week ago and someone said they had over 200 applicants.  I am anxious to find out if I will be one of the lucky ones.  Has anyone been interviewed yet?  If so, congrats! :) ...

Anyone Interviewed And Or Accepted Job With
Oct 18, 2012

would like to know process? ...

Has Anyone Interviewed For A Medical
May 29, 2013

recently?  I have an interview tomorrow for a front desk position.  I haven't interviewed in 10 years and haven't held a front desk position in even longer.  I'm nervous!  Any tips/hints for the interview? ...

Has Anyone Interviewed Via Yahoo For An MT Position With CHS
Jan 30, 2014

I applied for a job on mtjobs.com.  I received an email for an interview via yahoo.  They want to deposit $$ in an account for me to buy "supplies/software/etc" so I can start my MT job with them.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  I'm sensing scam...... ...

Anyone Interviewed With SOAP Transcription???
May 28, 2014

I have a interview Friday with SOAP Tanscription and wondered if anyone can tell me a little about what they look for/ ask in the interview. Thanks so much! ...

Interviewed With Accentus After Passing Their Testing
Sep 17, 2012

I interviewed with Accentus after passing their testing. The interview seemed to go just fine. The recruiter said I will need to have a second interview with the account manager, and b/c it would be a new account, this could take 1-2 weeks. It's closing in on a week, and I'm wondering if they are really going to call me back? Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks ...

SoftScript - Tested And Interviewed, Offered Job
Nov 15, 2012

Tested and interviewed, offered job.  No PTO until 2 years, then 1 week, then 2 weeks after 4 years?  Nothing is perfect, but that seems hairy.  Anyone work there who wants to comment?  Can you take a vacation with no pay every once in a while?  Any other comments from someone who works there? ...

Anyone Interviewed Recently With Soft Script And Found The
Oct 01, 2012

an isolated experience I had.  Maybe she was having a bad day?  I was just really turned off and think I will decline a position with them based on this experience.  Don't these companies realize the recruiter experience is the first face we see in your company?  Very disappointed here.  ...

Recently Interviewed With Superior Global Solutions
Jun 13, 2013

I recently interviewed for this company. Spoke with a recruiter and hiring manager. They were offering 2nd and 3rd shifts. They provide 12 PTO days per year to be used after the first 3 months, 401 K, and benefits. The accounts they offered me were 100% domestic; however, they do off-shore some of their other accounts. Both gals seemed very nice, but the pay is very low. They pay 0.38 cpl for VR edited lines and 0.83 cpl for transcribed lines with 90% of their work being VR editing. How can one ...

Nuance Bought OSI And Keystrokes Bought Chartnet This Week. Any Others? Sm
Sep 26, 2010

Nuance bought Encompass recently, too.  I heard they are buying all the eScription companies.  I bet that Keystrokes gets bought by MQ soon.  What the heck is going on with all these companies buying each other?  Will there be anyone left?  ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

Involves A "5-week-long" Or "5-week Long" Treatment.
Jul 12, 2012

This would involve a "5-week long" treatment to the breast.  ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

When Is MT Week?
May 06, 2010

Thanks. ...

MT Week -- Huh?
May 17, 2010

I've never heard of National MT Week.  Been doing MT for 10 years for the same MTSO.  Never came on to MT Stars until about the last six months.  Obviously, I have never gotten anything for MT Week, so at least some of you are lucky that you do get a little something, whatever it might be.  My MT job just keeps getting better and better (NOT) with pay decreases and work lost to VR.  ...

Pay Week Help
Jan 19, 2011

I am kind of lost in the pay dates for the next pay day on Friday.  Could someone tell me what days we are getting paid for?  I though it was for 2 weeks starting on the 1st and ending on a Sat.  Is that the way they do it now?  Thanks guys! ...

Pay Once A Week
May 05, 2011

Who is the company that pays every week? It was just on the job's seekers board, but now I cannot find it.  Any info would be helpful. I would love to get paid every week.   Thanks ...

NJA Every Day Last Week
Sep 04, 2011

I'm trying to finish out my notice and will have to force myself to turn on that stupid computer in the a.m.  May not be finishing out because I am not going to be strapped down waiting for piddly crap to come my way every 45 minutes. I just keep wondering what the patients would say if they knew their records were going to India just to save a few bucks.  I'd love for some news media to pick it up and ask that very question. ...

Oh Boy Another Week Of
Feb 13, 2012

ASRopoly.  ASR:  pyelogram, grams dictated:  5 mg Just one of 1200 mistakes to be edited in a 2-minute report.  Words added, words left out, wrong words, almost right words, wrong gender, wrong verb tense, no punctuation, punctuation everywhere . . . . . . . ...

NJA Second Day This Week
Jun 07, 2012

I have NJA again. Getting tired of this. ...