A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Here's a "how yuuuu doin" for W2 - miffedmt

Posted: Jan 18, 2013

Our hospital was outsourced to Nuance December 14, 2011; I went to work for said company January 2012.  I made EXACTLY $30,000 LESS this year.  Can you say FOOD STAMPS!!!  I know this is a pity party for myself but this is just ridiculous.  All I can say is thank god this is just a 2nd income for us to help pay the bills.  I am truly humbled by those of you who do this as a single source of income.  These companies have GOT to pay us better, for something we went to school for, but I know that is a LONG shot at best.  I am really hating corporate America!

30k less, really? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you make last year -- that you made $30k less this year? I would be in the negative if I made 30k less... as I think most people here would.

30K less - miffedmt

[ In Reply To ..]
This was my first full year with N (having been outsourced to N after working in-house for a hospital in AK for 16 years!!!!) and was making 53-54K a year there. I know I'll never see that kind of wage again, but I start a new job (in-house clinic) making $17 an hour the first of the month. I so can't wait to dump this company!! The stress isn't worth it and neither is the pay! I can make more working a half a day in OT at the new job than I can working ALL day for N!!!! These MTSO's can go to ___!

Similar Messages:

How Ya'll Doin'? (Pay, Insurance, Etc.)
Apr 10, 2012

Just wondering if anybody's really kicking butt doing MT online.  I'm currently employed as an MT making $16 an hour with good health insurance, but the workload has become pretty intense as of late (plus, it's only about 75% of what I used to make at my old job).  It would be great to get out of that office, if I thought I could do as well online.  Opinions?  Anybody willing to post what they're really making?  Also, are you able to cut & paste, ...