A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fiesa nonsense. - Burnedoutco

Posted: Jul 08, 2013

I keep getting these crazy "grammar misuse" on reports that are just plain wrong, some on post audits (one bringing my score to 97% and did not change the meaning of the sentence in any way), which really count towards accuracy.  I get them reversed, but it takes my time, time that I am not paid for.   Are the initials before ID# HBE and IH offshore?  If so, I resent being corrected on my excellent grammar by them.  Just venting really.  I have been a transcriptionist for more than 25 years and can retire in less than a year, so personally don't care any more what crazy things they ding me on.  However, I do care deeply about turning out excellent reports for patients, but these auditors seem to have some kind of grudge that they just have to find something to ding you with, even if they are wrong.  In some cases they change the report to make it wrong.

My advice would be to challenge everything on a post audit on Fiesa but not worry about anything else as far as challenging, takes too much time. 

IH is India, not sure of the other one...nm - Smeeps

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Both are India and I have had the same thing happen to my reports - Do not like being corrected by offshore esp gramma

[ In Reply To ..]
As a QC, in doing their reports, I have seen the things they put for our language and it is very wrong many times. How can they, then, be expected to correct our work properly when they are unable to understand the dictators? Doesn't make sense and I am with the OP - I don't like it

Grudge? If they read this forum, it would take an angel not to. - It is OFTEN deeply, deeply offensive.

[ In Reply To ..]
I have my own major problems with FISA, but regarding the sort of nasty silliness illustrated in so many posts here, I only wish I could make them believe this does not represent most of us. BTW, I was a newbie taught by sisters from India who both spoke with exquisite British accents and learned much better written English skills in India than most graduate public schools here with.

Astonishing ignorance can be the only explanation for why the typical person here does not know English is spoken throughout India. It is, in fact, India's de facto, though not official, national language.

The term British Empire might at least ring a bell. British effectively means English, and the language took its name from the English people from England, who ruled most of India officially for nearly a century; however, the British East India Company was actually administering vast areas of India for a hundred years before that even.

It is to save money for the company - tired

[ In Reply To ..]
I have the same problem. Mostly, the QCs fill in my blanks wrong, and the QAs ding me for what the QCs filled in. You have to watch and challenge EVERY post audit.

Grudge? - burnedoutco

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree that Indians speak excellent English. I have Indian friends. I am British by birth. I lived the first 20 years of my life in Scotland and have live in the US for 40 years and a citizen. But, I have had my grammar corrected by Indians recently that is just plain wrong. It is affecting my accuracy score, so it is not silliness. There are transcriptionists here in the US that are just trying to survive and not become homeless and when a foreign QA gives us a 78% score for grammar mistakes that are wrong, there is a lot of resentment. I am struggling to make minimum wage in my state.

Same thing happens with local QA, though. I agree that - Nuance management is the problem. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

True, some do speak excellent English, but - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Some don't speak or read or write English. Some of those are hired by Nuance to transcribe and, believe me, as QC I saw evidence of that. Also, venting is allowed here. What the OP said is true. QA post audit staff does change things to make them wrong sometimes. I'm glad you feel the need to defend the QA staff, but please give the OP a little credit. She is American and has worked for 25 years as a transcriptionist. Don't you think SHE deserves your support, too?

HBE is India also. I think it's from when they were called "Focus - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
HBE, I believe, means home-based employee. They are from India. I think it's an ID from the old "Focus Infomatics."

Similar Messages:

Nuance Nonsense
Jun 20, 2011

I have followed MTstars for years, so I know that the majority of the negative company posts are chalked up to lazy/arrogant MTs who won't take anything not on a silver platter. This stuff is called WORK, people. Anyway, I just want to say I'm not one of those. I have worked hard and diligently in this profession for years, but I want to save some people the anguish and chest pain that Nuance has given me, so I'll share my story while keeping everyone involved protected. I worked ...

Book Of Style Nonsense?
Jun 21, 2012

I have been working in transcription for 31 years.  What is the deal with all this Book of Style nonsence?  Doctors don't care if a comma is in the right place or not, or if a drug is capitalized or now.  They just want the correct measurements, dosages, symptoms, body part, etc. typed in the correct document on the correct patient. You ask a doctor what the Book of Style is and they would probably just give you a dumb look.  Who is making money off of this?   It's just the crazi ...

Let This Latest Edition Of MM Nonsense Fuel Your Hate Fire.
Sep 10, 2013

I have never been more motivated to get away from this company.  Did you know there are other places to work?? I know - I forget that too sometimes!! When I tell the people in my life what happens to me at work, they are in disbelief.  "What company is this??!!" they say. "My God - what in the world - I would never let anyone keep me shackeled to my computer all day!!" said another. "So let me get this straight, when you 'run out of work,' you have to keep checking back...lik ...

FIESA???
Apr 20, 2012

Can you tell me what this stands for? ...

Fiesa BS
Jul 26, 2012

How frigging nitpicky can they be???? Whatever it takes to keep you below 99%.  If they can keep you below 98 you will feel your job is in danger and be ever so grateful to continue employment with this fantastic family-friendly company . (Gag, puke).  Wrong word, wrong spelling, wrong format -- okay.  But REALLY!!!   ...

Why Did I Look At FIESA????
Aug 26, 2012

I knew I shouldn't have looked at my FIESA from Saturday but I did.  Majority are 100% so for that I am grateful but THEN there are the others where you are marked off for stuff that make no sense and then there are the stupid errors that I did and will own up to and wonder where my brain was when I was typing - I think my brain was so worried about being marked off for every little thing that I honestly can't concentrate sometimes like I need to. ...

FIESA...
Sep 14, 2012

I know we complain and complain about this on here and we fight and argue with the TLs about this...I was marked off half a point for EACH blank that I left on a dictation that the tape cut out.  The only explanation from QA was that "it was clearly understood".  I am just wondering how it was clearly understood.  I went back and listened to the tape and sure enough where I had blanks, the tape was cutting out.  So why am I being marked off for blanks.  Then on a few ot ...

How Do You Get To FIESA. Got A Log-in Name And
Dec 31, 2012

password, but no info as to where to sign in.   TIA! ...

FIESA B.S.
May 30, 2013

Okay, first quarter FIESA reviewed about 80 reports of mine and I actually got my incentive.  Now for this quarter, I am wavering on not getting my incentive with a 98.88 and for the past few weeks they have not reviewed a single one of my reports.  I smell something fishy.  This whole FIESA thing is to a) review enough reports a quarter so you fall below 99 and then b) if you are below 99, stop reviewing reports so you are stuck there with no chance to bring it up!  How fric ...

ANOTHER FIESA LIE
Jun 28, 2013

our post-audit reports are randomly pulled.  If you score high enough to get the bonus, your reports are gone through by the hatchet queens in India until they can find a report they can "audit" to bring you below 99%.  If you are kicked back to 98.99%, they still meet their contract requirements to the client, and Nuance does not have to pay you a bonus.  ...

Fiesa/QA/QC
Jul 22, 2013

I feel that all this crap is a plan to get rid of more US MTs.  They can show clients how our "Quality fails" and how they cannot get good help in the US and even the clients who want US workers will have to allow it to be shipped out.  JMO ...

Need FIESA Help - Sm
Sep 09, 2013

I almost always get my critical errors on one particular doctor who I think I understand and then it turns out I miss something.  I think there is a way to do a report on critical errors and see if I can trend the dictator but I can't figure out how.  Does anybody know?  And before you tell me to ask my TSM I did but as usual never got an answer. ...

FIESA AND QA- SM
Oct 08, 2013

Much as I dislike FIESA and all this QA, what I really hate is finding out I've been typing something WRONG for 30 years.  The only thing I can say for myself is some QA decades ago filled it in for me and I didn't look it up.  Been typing Campo's fascia instead of Camper's fascia. Took a 1-point post-audit hit on it, too.  Shakes me up, what else have I been doing wrong for 30 years?  And will it knock me out of bonus territory next quarter... ...

FIESA Again
Nov 22, 2013

I just got a post-audit review with 4 points deducted for 1 critical and 1 major error that were made by QA1 after I submitted a report with blanks by the dictator from hell. I'm so mad and all the things you can imagine, not to mention I'm sitting here bawling from total frustration. ...

FIESA IS DOWN, TOO
Dec 17, 2013

NM ...

FIESA (SM)
Mar 07, 2014

Was wondering if anyone has ever received FIESA feedback on reports that do not belong to you, i.e., you did not transcribe or edit the report?  ...

NOT LOOKING AT FIESA
Apr 01, 2014

I must admit, I never looked at FIESA, not only because it was depressing and humiliating, but its not the most user friendly site. My manager was constantly badgering me for not looking at it though and actually had me try to get on the other day when she called. How do other people get away with not looking at it? I wish I could get out of this company. It's depressing, demeaning and humiliating. ...

Take THAT Fiesa!
Apr 27, 2014

Just for "fun," I counted how many times I prevented a critical patient safety error today by catching the speaker saying the wrong age, gender, right vs. left, hyper versus hypo, you get the picture.  I quit counting at 8.  Never in my many years at Nuance have I made 8 CPSEs in 1 day.  So are we getting credit for the good work we do?  Not very likely. ...

Fiesa 98.7%....
Jul 08, 2014

Got a report back below 99%--Actually 98.7% with only 0.25 point reduction...for what?  Not typing DICTATION ENDS HERE on a report that only had part of the first sentence dictated....and I have to sign off that I reviewed this?  The report was sent to NHR for review with a note--INCOMPLETE DICTATION.  Okay, next time I type dictation ends here, but scoring this is ridiculous.  Why is this even an error--should have just been an  FYI--the report was never going to make i ...

Fiesa/QA
Jul 16, 2014

What happens to the QA person when they change a report that was not in a critical error to one that is and it was reversed?  ...

An Example Of How Fiesa Does Not Help
Jul 28, 2014

I was having a good day, until I went into Fiesa...I have decided that one particular dictator--who speaks what he probably considers fluent English (He is American), is going to review for every report because he is the one I get poor scores on... I am constantly guessing if he said "and" or "in" or "on," and I missed a period....he backtracks, leaves words out, stumbles, and CANNOT pronounce even the simpelist of medications...let alone spell them, he spells them wrong too, hard to even under ...

Is There A Way To Opt Out Of FIESA?
Sep 05, 2014

The more they ding me for stupid stuff, the more mistakes I make. I know their goal is to prevent us from getting the quarterly bonus and I've never been able to get it anyway, so why try? I am always above 99%, but just below 99.5%. It is destroying my confidence and my ability to concentrate. Does anyone know if we absolutely have to participate in this facet of Nuance Nonsense? ...

Is This New In Fiesa
Sep 26, 2014

Summary% of Reports Passed95.24% Found this in a box at the top of the page when checking my scores---is this new? I never saw it before.   ...

FIESA?
Nov 13, 2014

How often do you get reports in FIESA?  So far I just had one.  Ambulatory just started FIESA Monday.  I'm just wondering what to expect.  I still am not sure how the whole thing works.  ...

As Regards FIESA - I Just Had A Look In The
Apr 19, 2015

And there is nothing in there as regards FIESA at all. Nada. Zip. Go ahead, do a search. It's not even in there. I have to wonder where it is written that we comply with FIESA and what the consequences are when we don't, except for emails and the shaming of the numbers of those who have not complied. I am really considering ignoring it completely. They never reverse any errors anymore, so why bother to waste the time, especially when it causes such an adverse effect on my mental heal ...

Grading With FIESA
May 08, 2012

Are there no B's given on this?  I have checked it each day since I started (which was just a few days ago).  I either have A's or C's (with a percentage of 97 or 98%).  Today I typed 27 reports and got 100% accuracy on 25 of those and 2 that had C's but my overall grade was a C!!!  What am I missing.  Since I am technically still on 90 day "probation" it worries me.  I am typing well over the line count required and have made no "major" mistakes ...

So Upset Over FIESA
May 30, 2012

So over this report card.  I don't have to pend anything anymore unless of course it needs to be pended, but today due to low work got stuck on new acct which I had never typed and very first report could not understand what he said (only said 5 words); could not locate any prior reports to look at, went in to pend (totally different looking then what I was used to - tried to IM my QC person who didn't respond so sent email and eventually had to download and now I go in and they s ...

FIESA/Organize!!!
Sep 26, 2012

FIESA. Just forget about it!! I see many postings to just let FIESA go. Well, to some of us, this means letting $3600 go per quarter, 14,000+ per year. I can work at a far less demanding job with no BS for that and that is what I will be doing. There are many whose "incentive" bonus is a large part of their income and it cannot be forgotten unless the finance company for our cars, the mortgage broker, the pharmacies and doctors, the kids, the lives of their families, are forgotten as well. This ...

FIESA Question Sm
Sep 29, 2012

I'm fairly new to FIESA, came from one of the buyout companies.  Does anyone know what the cutoff date is for the next quarter incentive plan?  Do they keep reviewing reports right up until the 30th of this month?  Already asked my supv, and no response to my question.  Thank you. ...

QA Comments In FIESA
Sep 30, 2012

So sick of the comments left in the FIESA - I do NOT leave random blanks and always take the time to try and research it in the data base by either looking up patient or physician depending on what I am looking for and then when I cannot find it I leave a blank and then at end of day to see their remark that it WAS EASILY found is truly an insult and a smack in the face.  I DID try and find it and maybe they are more experienced then I am or they may have heard of this physician and how is ...