A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

'Bout had it - Going Mad

Posted: May 14, 2015

WHY are we in jeopardy for DOING OUR JOB?? Patient safety?? Are you kidding me?? When all they care about are line counts and QC pend percentages?? Is that an oxymororon or is just me?? Am I a moron for taking this or are just the whole Nuance execs morons?? PLEASE, someone explain this to me.

You're not alone. - Fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't understand the logic. The only explanation that makes sense to me is that they are squeezing us out.

Squeezing us out - Rushlover

[ In Reply To ..]
Exactamundo, friend!

I think with the new QC compensation plan it - is glaringly clear. QUANTITY is what

[ In Reply To ..]
they want. I hope they ramp up their customer service because the customer complaints are about to flood in.

I agree. Claim of patient care is a sham. They will - need to rename and market their comp

[ In Reply To ..]
plan to Patient Care, NOT. I am saddened by the blatant disregard for the patients that this company claims to put first. I suspect they will need to add a new metric to their grid that accounts for # of patient distasterous outcomes (of course, # cut in half to coincide with converted patients). I think they've finally sealed their final deal though. If they are believing their offshore friends will take over and manage QC on the cheap, they are sadly mistaken. Nuance, we have QC'd your offshore workers' work for a long time and it ain't pretty. My last shift is Thursday at 5 p.m. and then I am done with this company. I don't owe you the courtesy of 2 weeks notice, sorry. I pray that none of my family members ever utilize a facility who contracts with Nuance as it would be a disaster waiting to happen.

To my QC friends here, I wish you all the best. To all the MLS, don't let these people beat you down. You are worth much more. Peace.

Patient - care

[ In Reply To ..]
I raised this issue in my letter to Senator Bernie Sanders last week ... the entire industry needs to be investigated by Congress. Hopefully, I will hear back from him.
If Bernie Sanders can help us, I may rethink my political affiliation. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance has destroyed more facets of peoples' lives than any other company in the history of the world.
Good idea. Tell him that Nuance is designing a plan - SoonToBeExQC
[ In Reply To ..]
for QC compensation based on production that we can't possibly meet because of no work available just to sleaze out of paying unemployment when we don't meet our quota.

They can put their TSMs in to work QC. They - might as well do some work for

[ In Reply To ..]
their pay. Hopefully they don't fall of the grid. You are about to get what you pay for, Nuance.

not to mention - ben ovur

[ In Reply To ..]
The TSMs are on salary to boot. I wonder if the huge support staff that are pretty much related in one way or another to the sell-out are affected at all?

Agreed, plus a way to chase us out. - SoonToBeExQC

[ In Reply To ..]
They are putting in a huge bureaucracy to justify paying us less and labeling it "quality assurance." Our pay is now at the mercy of QA. Get a few horrible dictators and a QA having a bad hair day and POOF, you're "off the grid" and out of half your paycheck. Do they seriously think this is going to work? Even more, do they seriously think we'll stick around for this fiasco?

Now you understand how we feel - MLShere

[ In Reply To ..]
I sympathize with you. It's hard to cope with the idea that you are not in control of your paycheck, at the mercy of someone else and can lose half your pay that week. The only thing we can control is ourselves, getting out of this hole and finding other jobs. It's not going to get any better. Good luck to you.
Yep, I know. Believe it or not, we have always sympathized - SoonToBeExQC
[ In Reply To ..]
with the MTs, most of us are MTs anyway in addition to QC. Half the time I don't even bother to enter corrections in Fiesa, just make the correction in the text and upload it. I have no desire to mess with anyone's paycheck. I know how hard the job is and I know errors happen no matter how hard you try, and that goes for QCs too. I also know that getting corrections long after you do the actual job is not really helpful and can actually be hurtful in the larger sense. Nuance as an organization has no idea how human nature works and how people react to "feedback" and "incentives" and so forth. I only know that people do the best they can and errors happen. Don't punish people for it, that only makes things worse. Good luck to you too, and all of us.
We are losing half our paycheck before QA even - gets their hands on us.
[ In Reply To ..]
I've done my best here, working 3rd shift when everyone else refuses. This is the thanks. I'm done. I should be out by next Wednesday. No notice. These people deserve nothing more from me. Stick that on your grid. Best of luck to everyone else.

I was sitting here going crazy, because that's what - this company makes us,

[ In Reply To ..]
and thinking how it makes sense to stay for the moment because nothing better in terms of pay and particularly insurance has popped up yet. "Better the devil you know." Not working for me this morning. Just the fact of still typing for N is making me insane. So sick the sham and the part I play in it.

Mad - anonmt

[ In Reply To ..]
It never ceases to amaze me at how fast the threatening emails come out after a change in their rules that they made, just 2 days and how fast the customers are so unhappy, blah blah blah, when just months ago, and for YEARS, they have been "very happy." Yep, amazing. And proof? HA! How do they live with their self.

..and what about the unhappy MTs - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly and for years the MTs document without pay the issues on accounts... ie poor sound, deplorable dictators, cell phones, etc., but nothing ever gets done. Same ole same ole

Patient Safety Compensation Plan - Rushlover

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm with you. People in the conference calls last week sat there like they were looking at the emperor's new clothes. Everybody afraid to speak up. "Hello, may I please ask a question?"

We knew this was coming. Just a shock now that it is here.

Similar Messages:

How Bout This
Mar 20, 2014

of weeping and raging about being left behind, sign up for a course on your own. If you really want to do it, you can.    ...

Bout Hit The Meltdown Point Today That Everybody
Apr 09, 2010

Had a clinic note wanting to use a template.  Then the resident proceeded to give me more values than I had blanks in the template.  After trying 3 different times to make it all work, I finally left QA note stating that I was clueness as to how to make it work and then hit the send button without checking the QA box and off it went straight to the client.  Nothing I have done so far today has been right.  I am stressed out today anyway for other reasons and this is about to ...

Another Payday Tomorrow. I Feel A Bout Of
Aug 11, 2011

I wonder just how small it's going to be, this time?   ...

How Bout A New Board Here - "Success After Transcription"..
May 03, 2011

I'm halfway serious.  Some sort of board with practical, helpful/hopeful insight by those who've left transcription and have found employment in other areas, and not necessarily coding/billing or nursing.  Of course, I know we're all pretty much on our own but since this website has been so useful and helpful (to me at least) in making contact with other transcribers, would like to still believe there are other possibilities for us if this p ...