A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does company feedback really matter in this industry? - missmt

Posted: Jun 22, 2011

I read in my textbooks that an MT should not be heard and that complaining about the way in which doctors and PAs, etc dictate is not relevant in this industry.  They don't want to hear it. It has always been my belief that it takes two to tango, especially if you want to produce anything of quality. I was recently pondering if it will do any good to tell this company what I believe I am seeing.  This is probably suicide but I don't like to take the blame for something I am not responsible for in the first place. If I speak out, will I be taken seriously or just ignored or somehow "quietly" fired? Does feedback really matter in this industry??

In a word, "no". - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
(*

Company feedback - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
It is best to keep your opinions to yourself truly it is, unless you don't have to worry about supporting yourself or have to worry about the money you bring in. I agree with the writer who said that the doctors just want to do their work and be done with it, and leave it to whomever to muddle through it. It really makes no difference to them, but we know that it really does make a difference. Just muddle through the worst ones best you can, and hit quickly the ones that are easier to do. Hope that helps.

ehhhh... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
some companies will listen and then go back to the facility or physicians themselves, but its really up to the docs if they want to change their ways, and frankly most of them don't. They don't care. They will dictate how they dictate, they just want to be done and don't really care what it takes to get there. I honestly don't really bother complaining about doctors, as nothing ever changes when I do. Nobody can make the doctors dictate differently, and they more often than not choose to not listen.

Agree, that would be like asking them to change their gait - lou

[ In Reply To ..]
like the people who live upstairs from me and walk so loud and hard on the floor. They are not gonna change; they think they are fine. Kind of the same with the docs. I have 3 really bad MDs that are ESL that just speed thru when doing their cardiac cath reports, plus they are hard to understand. You would think they would want the correct words used, as far as JLR, JR4, 4 or 5-French, etc. I have asked for 30 years for this and you just can't change them. They are not all bad though, and after a while you do get used to them, especially when you have been doing this for 30 years like me. It can be a very stressful job to say the least.

missmt - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
If you want to keep your job, keep the feedback to yourself unless you are in management.

Depends on the MTSO and the account I would - sm -

[ In Reply To ..]
I would think. I am lucky that when we have issues we notify the doctor's staff immediately and they try to rectify it. Sometimes the doctor is talking to low, shuffling papers the whole time or in a very noisy place, problems with the equipment, static, hums, etc. We let them know that they will have a bunch of blanks in this set of work because whatever reason, because, hey, we could't hear squat. The doctor has to go in then and fix his own report; so they do try to listen to us so they don't have even more work to do. I have one that dictates from home, has 3 dogs, he makes a point to stop dictating when they are barking though, and I have thanked him for that! He truly does try to make my life easier and is quite nice. He "talks" to me too and knows who I am which is a nice change, my other accounts say nothing or call me "transcriptionist" when they are wanting to move things around. My only fear is that he will retire soon and my bread and butter account will be gone. I don't see how letting your boss or manager know the issues you are dealing with could be bad, this way maybe they can get them corrected at the hospital.

If my company wants my "feedback" (i.e., consultation!) - I want $50/hr. for my expertise. (n/m)

[ In Reply To ..]
Because I sure as heck ain't gonna give them one iota of insight for nothing. And CERTAINLY not on what they pay this 35-year veteran to transcribe their lousy accounts.

Similar Messages:

Is It Gray Matter Or Grey Matter Pls
Feb 11, 2015

x ...

Probity - Feedback On This Company
Sep 12, 2010

Can you give me feedback on this company and how long it takes to get lines built up. Possibly starting with them in the future if I pass testing ...

MVTS? Any Feedback On What Kind Of Company This Is
May 04, 2015

No current archives.  Thanks! ...

Honest Feedback For Company Trying To Keep Jobs Onshore
Aug 02, 2013

Hello Everyone! I would like some honest feedback. I̢۪m a recruiter that works for an MT company about to bring on some behavioral health facilities. We would like to keep most, if not all, of the work onshore. (About 120 jobs) In order to do this we need to be competitive with other MT companies that outsource most of their work. Would you consider working for a company if they offered 5.5 CPL for both transcription and speech recognition, knowing that eventually the account will be 95% sp ...

Superior Global Solutions - Feedback Good, Bad Or Indifferent On This Company?
May 31, 2012

Can anyone give feedback good, bad or indifferent on this company? I need to work where there is work so I can pay my bills.  Thanks in advance for your time.  :) ...

Getting Out Of MT -- No Matter WHAT!
Feb 26, 2012

My 2-1/2-decade MT career is coming to an end. When I think back on how *HAPPY* I was back in the good ole days (late 80s into late 90s) as an MT and then contrast that with the picture now, it makes me want to cry.  We made GOOD money for someone without a degree, had GOOD benefits, and were at least somewhat appreciated back then.  In retrospect (hindsight is always 20/20), working conditions began going downhill when we became isolated from the physicians (as if we w ...

Is This A Legal Matter?
Dec 26, 2009

I was hired full-time by a small company 3 months ago, offered 15.00 hr, just recently demoted because of a complaint of quality (which was very questionable), told they would pay me 5 cpl (woohoo) for production.  Now they are not supplying me with any work, let alone full-time work!  Dont they have an obligation to fire me, lay me off or supply me with work?  How can they do this?  I cant get unemployment if I'm employed, but my employer isnt supplying me with any work ...

Does It Matter If There Are 2 Spaces After A
Sep 08, 2010

this one of those fabulous things that is taken care of on the back-end?  That would save me a few strokes.  ...

Size DOES Matter, LOL!
Oct 03, 2010

"The patient's penis is cucumber sized," courtesy of ASR. Dictated as, "The patient's penis is circumcised."  Good one, ASR...at least I got a giggle out of THAT boo-boo! ...

Hey Vern. If What We Does Matter, Pay Us Like We
May 20, 2013

x ...

No Matter How Hard I Try, I Just Cannot Keep My Lph Up.
Jan 30, 2015

I'm surprised I haven't received performance management yet. I just cannot keep my line count up high enough since going to Fluency 7.6. This is too frustrating. Maybe I should copy a job into Word and see if the line count matches. Although, it could be because the ASR output has been so horrible and I am stopping 3x more to make corrections. I don't get why ASR outputs synonyms of what was said and alternative ways to phrase what was said, not to mention the downright w ...

Does It Even Matter Anymore?
Feb 18, 2015

https://www.kalibrr.com/advice/2015/02/top-4-reasons-why-good-employees-quit/     I'm sure it falls on deaf ears... I absolutely got the message that they don't care!   ...

S/l Coloso White Matter Changes
Nov 29, 2010

"There are no periventricular or (coloso) white matter changes".  TIA! ...

No Matter How Many Keyboards I Try (and I Have A Stack Of 'em)
Jul 17, 2011

What's your favorite keyboard to use to transcribe?  My recent experiment, a multimedia Apevia, which by the way is a piece of junk!  But it was blue and pretty, so I bought it.  I am always trying to find a better keyboard, but none beat my Saitek!  Big letters, spacious keyboard (I have a bit of a wide hand), and lots of fun stuff like background lighting.  Oh, and my company blocks all install (.exe) so my work computer didn't even recognize it........NEXT ...

No Matter What Your Experience, Nuance Will NOT Pay More Than
Jul 24, 2012

would like to make a lateral move away from Mmodal and their Big Brother schedule and time clock, but I make 9 cpl and would at least like to keep that with 40% less for VR.  Anybody been successful in negotiating a lateral move with same pay? ...

A Matter Of National Security?
Sep 28, 2012

With the nature of world affairs and US relations such as they are, I can't help but think how wrong it is for companies in general, but specifically MTSOs, to be sending highly sensitive information overseas the way they do. It scares me to think about my social security number, date of birth, address, etc. being handled by someone who doesn't necessarily feel the sense that they must protect that information. Maybe instead of complaining about how much work is being offshored, we s ...

Why Does Upload Speed Matter?
Jan 10, 2013

I don't get it. Suddenly companies are asking about download & upload speed of my computer. My computer has worked just fine for MT work for over 9 years now. Nobody has ever asked about the speed before, and I've never had any problems. Now I'm looking for work and because my upload speed isn't 1.5 or above, places won't hire me despite my qualifications.  ...

No Matter What Your Personal Feelings Are
Mar 11, 2014

Okay you hate MM and you think this is just another trick they are pulling.  Then don't apply for the coding training.  But please do not discourage other people from going for it.  This could turn out to be a great opportunity for them. ...

Document All Correspondence. No Matter How
Aug 07, 2014

employer is. Documentation is the key to self-preservation. ...

What Platform Does Nuance Use, Or Does It Matter Which
Jan 06, 2015

account you get assigned? Am wondering as I just applied so just curious. ...

Grey Or Gray???? Matter Of Brain
Jun 16, 2010

Does anyone know which is correct?  I have seen both ways and no note in AAMT.  Thanks! ...

Piriform Or Pyriform Sinus, Or Does It Matter?
Apr 15, 2011

NM ...

Doesn't Matter How Many Lines You Produce
May 18, 2012

If you don't have any work available.  Whether it is due to improvement in ASR, etc. etc., (song and dance here), there are too many fingers in the pie. I don't see how any company can hold employees hostage to get 40 hours when the employees have scheduled work times and there is nothing for them to do in their *scheduled* hours...they are told to *flex*, then they *flex* to other days and there is still no work. It's like being on-call....be available 24/7 because they * ...

Post-Audit Scores Are The Only Ones That Matter
Mar 23, 2013

The only scores that matter for your QA are the ones marked "Post-Audit."  I don't sign or even look at the others. ...

Cannot Improve FIESA No Matter How Hard I Try
Dec 26, 2013

They have got me so paranoid now that it is all I can do to work.  I am so upset and nervous over everything that I type that I find myself making stupid errors now that I would never make normally.  They have nitpicked me to death and I have been on non DSP and DSP and my audit now has fallen again.  They review me to death and the majority of those are 100% and the few (won't name how many in case they are reading this) that they pick have hardly any lines in them and they ...

With The Current Unemployment Situation, It Was Only A Matter Of Time
Aug 26, 2010

All these big companies knew the bill would pass, especially with the current unemployment situation.  How could anyone vote no?  Why do you think they came up with VR in our industry?  It was the only profitable solution. ...

Going To Go To School For RHIT, Does It Matter If It Is Accredited Through CHAIIM
Nov 13, 2014

I have gone through coding school.  I am not credentialed and it's been about 2-1/2 years since I finished school.  So, I am rusty in the guidelines and  thought just going for an Associates would be beneficial.  So, I wondered if it really matters if the school program is CHAIIM accredited, or if any AAS degree in Health Information program will be okay and then get the RHIT crendential.      Thank you in advance greatly! :)  ...

New To The Industry
Jan 18, 2010

Hi, I am a recent graduate of a Med. Transcript program and am unable to find work for someone with less than one year experiance.  Any suggestions? ...

MT Industry
Feb 17, 2011

As a group, we need to talk, fax, email our state representatives to explain what is going on in our industry. Give them your personal story.  We should all do this 3/1/2010 and the first of every month until something is done.  If they get enough complaints/responses, they will help us.  They will start and talk to each other and realize how many of us are being abused.  We need to have state and federal regulations to protect us from these companies. Due to&n ...

Is It Still Possible To Get A PT Job In This Industry. Nm
Nov 04, 2012

nm ...