A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

write out date? - ee

Posted: Mar 06, 2010

Does anyone know if there is a new rule in MQ land about never writing out the date, always making it numbers only?  I get back reports every once in a while with all the written dates crossed out and replaced with numbers yet the CP does not specify either way.  So, when a doctor states March 3, 2010..that is how I type it, if he states 03/03/2010, that is how I type it.  I am going to complain to my manager about this but I was wondering maybe I missed a new rule.  Thanks!

I think you're doing it right - Old part-timer

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought we were to type it as it is dictated, so I believe you're doing it right.

Date - Julie

[ In Reply To ..]
It depends on the CP. My primary account wants the date spelled out and all the other accounts that I do want it numeric.

check the profile... - Starsong

[ In Reply To ..]
My primary now wants the date EXACTLY as dictated - 03/06/2010 - 03/06/10 - March 6th, March 6, 2010 - the 6th of March - and so on, and so on, ad naseum!

Similar Messages:

Date..help Please
Jun 16, 2010

"I reviewed the CT scan which was done on the 8th." How do I transcribe 8th? The patient's last visit was 6-4-10 so I assume the scan was done in June. Since it is not my job to assume, how do I transcribe this?   Thank you!!! ...

End Date For MOT?
Mar 26, 2015

Do we have MOT Sunday? ANybody know? ...

Why Is It VR Can't Even Get The Date Right?
Apr 09, 2015

VR is such a bad joke, I've corrected such stupid mistakes it's not funny.  It can't even get the date right, always is 2013 instead of 2015.  Seems like that's a no brainer.  Guess not.  Just needed to vent.  ...

Pay Date For This Last Pay Period - Is It 04/26? Nm
Apr 25, 2010

x ...

Question About The Date
Jun 23, 2010

In transcription, when a doctor dictates 12/4 or December 4th what is the correct way to type this? I need this information when I'm taking a test to find a job because the doctor has not been giving the year and from what information I've read I should type out the date as December 4th??   Another question I have is on a test if the doctor transcribes out of order such as first he says medications, and then next he says social history, and then next he says chief complaint, do ...

Pay Date Survey
Jan 13, 2011

any MT's that have worked outside of MT industry ever been with a company that posts pay 5 WoRKInG days after the pay period ends - say HOLLA! MY company treats me sooo well!   --- and then do tell us all what cocktail of medications you are on.  Cheers.  ...

Anything New/up-to-date On MedScribe, FL ?
Jan 28, 2011

Archives are divided -- half happy and treated well and doing the work they expected to do, paid on time, good benefits.    Other half got jerked around a bit, given different kinds of work than expected, said line counts are incorrect, missed a couple of paychecks (which is strange since they do direct deposit - maybe they didn't back then.)  Thanks. ...

How To Type Out A Date
Aug 30, 2011

When typing out the date, i.e.  March  9, 1940, do you put a zero in front of the single digits - 03/09/1940 or 3/9/1940? ...

Anyone Remember The Date?
Apr 18, 2012

When was it they "capped" our pay, giving most of us a pay cut?  I meant to write it down (don't know why, but I usually record these things), but I never did and can't find the cheery e-mail informing us of our "new" rates!  I have all my pay stubs, but they're basically indecipherable. Anyone remember what month that was?     ...

They Can't Even Get The Date Right In Remedy For NJA.
Mar 02, 2013

Time zone isn't the problem. Time displayed for a ticket matches my time zone. The date is tomorrow's date, and you can't enter today's date for the ticket because it won't accept a ticket date prior to the 'expected date' (tomorrow). Can't change the expected date field either. Guess I should have filed my NJA for today yesterday ;) as there aren't any jobs for me today. Cover my butt for the mismatched date of NJA versus the true date ...

Q.E.D. Wants My Birth Date
Jul 14, 2013

I started the application for Q.E.D. Transcription and saw that the initial section requires a birth date. It won't stop me from applying, but isn't that a form of discrimination? I wish the MTSOs would at least provide a secure site when they require personal information such as physical address and phone. ...

Keystrokes To Date
Jun 18, 2014

I have just recently accepted a job with keystrokes.  I have read all the information on the archives.  Is there anyone out there who has any recent information on this company?  Appreciated! ...

SoftScript Pay Date
Aug 20, 2014

I'm new to SS. This is only my second pay period. My first paycheck was direct deposited last time. Weren't we supposed to get paid today? Just wondering, because I didn't. ...

Suggestions For Date Expansions
Nov 12, 2009

I recently acquired a dictator who wants multiple dates in EVERY report.  In the past I had just typed out entirely.  I am sure there must be better short cuts for doing this than I am able to think of.  Any (alpha only)  suggestions appreciated.  IT is my expander.   Thanks! ...

FTR Start Date Changed?
Mar 15, 2010

I just got an email saying the 10% submission rate starts April 1, and the 5% on May 1. ...

Make Sure Your Antivirus Is Up To Date
Aug 12, 2010

Nasty virus going around that attacks your internet explorer and basically will only let you go to 1 website, the site to buy the antivirus to take care of the problem.  When I called support they just took my address to send me a new computer.  Just a heads up to you all.  Oh yes and this was with Kapersky already installed. ...

Why Can't Client Profiles Be Kept Up To Date!
Aug 20, 2010

CCM and QA act like it is so difficult to get done. They should have instant access to keep the CP up to date to the minute. I am not going to be responsible for keeping up with all the emails about things not in the CP. If it's not in the CP, and I'm not in the group, it's not my fault if I don't know the special emails that group got. ...

Looking For Any Up-to-date Information About Transolutions. I Have (sm)
Jan 01, 2011

read the archives and there has not been a whole lost posted recently.  The corporate office is in Illinois.  Looking for good/bad, platform info, pay, flexibility of schedules, etc. Thanks so much! ...

Discrepancy On Birth Date
Mar 18, 2011

I'm new at this, so please don't rail me. The doc says she's an 87-year-old woman, but dictates her birth date as 2003. What do you do in cases like this? ...

Pay Date Schedule And DD Questions - Sm
Aug 13, 2012

I've been with Transcend just a few weeks.  I know my questions were addressed during training but I guess I was on "info overload" and I can't find answers in my notes either.  Where can I find the pay schedule with pay period and direct deposit dates?  Also, where can I view my "paystub" for direct deposit?  There is nothing about this on the ADP TimeSaver site where you enter hours.  There is an "ADP Self Service" link on the MLS website.  But I evident ...

Date Format Question
Jan 03, 2013

Have I gone blind?  I can't find the date format in the guidelines.  Is it 01/01/2013 (like I've always done) or is it now 1/1/2013.  I hate that they've changed the cranial nerves to 2-12.  ...

Any Up To Date Info On Breitner?
Nov 09, 2013

Looking at this company for some part-time work.  All of the info on here is getting old, so I would like some up-to-date info on them.  Is pay on time? Is it direct deposit or mail (they don't tell you anything or even have you fill out any paperwork, which seems odd). ...

In Fiesa, What Do We Put In Date Type ?---
Jan 06, 2015

Date of Review ? -- to get the Post Audit score that will count for that week's pay?   For example for this current week, we put in date range Jan 3 -9, correct?  And then for "Date Type" I assume it's date of transcription, but not so sure.  I can't figure this out....       ...

Transcription Date/pay Week
Jan 14, 2015

Please don't make fun of me for this one.  I am truly confused.  Wouldn't a report that you transcribed during the pay week necessarily have been transcribed on one of the days of the pay week?  I just don't get this.  I am a little mathematically challenged and would appreciate someone making this clear for me. ...

When Is The Latest Date We Are Supposed To Get Our
Feb 09, 2015

but after Jan 31st,  shouldn't we have them by end of February at very latest??  And if they don't get them to us on time for whatever lame excuse,  where do we report it?   Our state's labor board, or the state in which they are registered to do business?  ...

Putting Comma After Typing A Date
Jul 01, 2011

I was taught to always put a comma after the date when it is typed in a text, even in the middle of a sentence. QA said that is wrong. Which is correct? ...

Why Aren't The Archives In Date Order?
Oct 31, 2011

Looking through archives here for info on a couple of companies, who uses ChartNet and so forth... there is NO order to the way posts are listed.  Why is that?  It should be an easy fix and soooooooooo helpful! ...

Transcend Payroll Schedule..next Date?
Dec 31, 2011

I lost my ADP payroll schedule and the other PC I had it on has a virus (naturally) so I can't access it. Can someone tell me when the next couple of paydates are? Thank you! ...

TT/Imedx....wondering If Sept. 1st Is The Date?
Aug 14, 2014

Will be interesting to see if Sept. 1st is when transition will be made.  We just got notice to start using Imedx Email now.  ...

Post Audit Review Date
Apr 06, 2015

Does anyone know?  I had an audit done on Saturday, which would actually be the start of this work week.  Does that count towards my QA for last week??? Of course, it was a bad one and took me down to the ground:( ...