A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

too many accts!!! - a1typist

Posted: May 27, 2011

Only done 11 jobs this morning, but on 6 different hospitals!  How are we ever supposed to gain a rhythm?

Don't blast me but how does having different accounts - slow u down?

[ In Reply To ..]
I have 2 primarys and 8 back up and 4 accessory accounts. I have learned the client profiles (first made index cards and stuck them on a board on my desk) then I eventually memorized them. Having a lot of accounts too, but I get a good pace.

Try using my trick, (I took the idean from a post a couple of years ago.) You'll memorize your accounts before you know it and be in the groove and get a rhythm! I think the important part is to keep the cards at eye level, so you don't have to go searching in a file or flipping pages.

Try it! Good luck.

Accounts - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
If you haven't worked on the accounts, that can definitely slow you down, OR, if they keep switching your accounts, there's no way to know anything.

different accounts - mq labor

[ In Reply To ..]
I find what slows me down the most when switching between unfamiliar accounts are things such as when dictators are stating physician names (especially when they are mangled), local (to them) nursing home names, geographic references, etc.

don't blast me - a1typist

[ In Reply To ..]
This is not a blast, but....I have had 18 (count em) accounts already this morning and I am only halfway through my shift. Three of them I have never heard before and have to F5 and look up client profile info. I do all of the above that you refer to with cards at eye level. I have done these regular 16 for about 3 years now. I still do not recall each and every detail without a reminder card. Furthermore, I was told by my QA this week that I should not only do this, but should also F5 for each and every dictator each and every day or else I was not doing my job! Kind of hard to swallow.....Thanks for trying to help. The cheery attitude is appreciated.

Wow... That is a lot of accounts to try to - keep up with.

[ In Reply To ..]
It seems that they're almost intentionally setting u up 2 be slow. My CCM once told me that if I ever felt I had too many accounts to keep up with and especially if it was hindering my production, to let her know. I did ( quite a while back) and she fixed it to where I have not so much switching back and forth. Maybe you can talk to yours?

I hope that your CCM can help you. I don't see that the way you are working right now is productive at all. What a shame. I'm frustrated for you!

Many accounts - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
Index cards? Good. I will try that. I have even tried printing the account specifics, but at 27 pages, and they change often, it's hard to keep track of the rules for the account.

too many accts - Silly Sue

[ In Reply To ..]
I can relate. I was switched in January to a new account because there was "no work available." I then went to the new account and successfully learned 22 different accounts. I have just been switched to another account because "no work available."

too many accts - a1typist

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been here 11 years and have figured out that is how they keep you guessing....just my opinion.

Too Many "different" Accounts - DL

[ In Reply To ..]
How about this ... too many Different Accounts -- I feel ur pain a1typist -- same deal here -- to the comment of how does it slow you down -- Uh well if you have 4 primaries 8 secondaries and whatever else you said that is fine and dandy -- but when each and EVERY day you log in and you have different accounts not the one from the day before or the day before that but a DIFFERENT one that you have never seen and I have had them (one with over 100 pages of information between client profile, work type specifics and dictator specifics - and that was on ONE account) it does slow you down - unless you just dont want to read any of the information then I guess it would not effect you. Just sayin... I starting to believe they are sandbagging us. IMO

Similar Messages:

Starting New Accts
Jul 01, 2010

I was just wondering how hard is it to find new accounts in order to do medical transcription out of your home?  Just about anyone that I have contacted has the new EMR or they already have someone doing their transcription. ...

Are All WMX's Accts On Enterprise?
May 23, 2011

Any on Meditech or something else? ...

Webmedx Accts To Medquist
Sep 02, 2010

I think it is a shame that the accounts lost were both to Medquist - the company that screwed the MTs with line counting and pay and screwed its customers by cheating them out of millions of dollars (see Kaiser settlement of $2 million dollars last week).  These accounts are going off shore with lesser skilled labor and quality.   What is ironic is that while MedQuist continues to shrink in revenue growth from quarter to quarter, they will still pick off a few accounts from hospitals ...

What Companies Have Accts That Use Dictaphone? Nm
Nov 11, 2010

nm ...

Transcend Peds Accts
Feb 07, 2011

For those working on the Transcend Peds accounts, especially the newest one, are you finding enough work to fill your shift? ...

How Many Transcend MLS Are Off Primary Accts
Nov 19, 2012

to make my production now and don't know what to think.  What is going on here?   Is this going to be the new trend?  Impossible to get a straight answer and my gut is telling me this just the beginning.  Should I be looking for a new job? ...

Charging On Personal Accts
May 29, 2013

Okay, I am still a bit confused.  I admit I have been spoiled by being an IC for years.  I have a chance to pick up a couple of side accounts, but after talking to them they just think they can dictate into something at my home and I will magically be able to hear their dictation. I am totally not well versed with all these computer programs.  Can someone explain to me whether it would be worth getting some kind of program to be able to do this?  It seems costly to be able to ...

4 Different Accts, 8 Hospitals, No Work
Feb 05, 2015

TT IMEDX ...

What's The Word On Landmark Oncology Accts
Apr 05, 2012

I see they are advertising for oncology but thought I read recently there was no work. Anyone currently work there that can shed some light on the subject? ...

Rotating Seamlessly And Effortlessly Between Accts
Apr 16, 2012

Well, good luck with that. If my regular accounts are out of work (because some other MTs seamlessly and effortlessly rotated on and it's all caught up), great. I'm at my scheduled post Monday morning and I'm expected to seamlessly and effortlessly rotate to an unknown, unfamiliar account. I'm expected to spend my time reading the exhausting and incredibly detailed acct specs for this new account, and produce. Have any of you *decision makers* actually sat and read any of t ...

Nuance - Bayscribe Accts LOW VOLUMES
May 05, 2014

It used to be January was a slow month on Transcend/Nuance Bayscribe accts but for the last 3 months the work has been nearly invisible.  They want you to make the LPH, and hour hours, but the work is not there.  I anyone else seeing this?  What have you heard from your TSM.  Worried! ...