A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

new message from the top - a1typist

Posted: Mar 31, 2011

Did anyone else get the message from Massanotti?  What do you think?  Also, I went to medquist.com and was struck by the fact that they are marketing front-end dictation systems with SpeechQ, thereby eliminating transcriptionists altogether!  I am not surprised, any way to get us out of the picture will make them more money.  It just seems odd that they would tell us on one hand that they value us and then on the other try to get rid of us altogether....

If anyone had any doubt about India this email should make it clear - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
Each US region is partnered with somebody with an Indian name. For those MTs still with their head in the sand regarding India and outsourcing this email just confirmed the partnership. I am just waiting until they announce we will be paid in rupees or whatever the currency is in India.

I sent it to my personal e-mail - and when I did

[ In Reply To ..]
I opened it to make sure the link was still there, and holy cow.... every person it was sent to was listed.

Do it, check for your name. You could reply to all and everyone in the company would get a note! I might just do it to say Hi to everyone! :)

Good info to have on hand.. - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Just in case we ever ban together for any reason and want to reach MTs who don't read this board! ;o))

MQ email - oops

[ In Reply To ..]
I wondered about all those names being listed as they had never done that before, but I guess they wanted to be thorough and make sure that everyone got the message.

Like someone else posted, good info to know and have for various reasons!!

I have 5 years to retirement, think I will make it? - Looking toward retirement

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hoping to stay at MQ (tried other companies and none as good a fit for me) until retirement age, but this does not look good for that end. I suspect our jobs here will be gone or not worth staying due to wages continuing to drop and/or expectations so unreasonalbe compared to pay.

Don't count on retiring. - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless you depend on someone else (husband), a great pension from somewhere, or lots of savings, don't count on retiring - ever!

I worked 22 years in the electronics industry - Looking toward retirement

[ In Reply To ..]
before going into MT 15 years ago and have a 401K nest egg from that (showing my age). With SS and 401K, I will do just fine, plus my husband just retired and is getting more from SS than when he was working. Planning ahead pays off, the trick is to live long enough.
I wouldn't necessarily rely on SS for a retirement fund - mtmom
[ In Reply To ..]
But, then again, this is coming from a 25-year-old. I am getting a SS check every month for my son (he gets survivor benefits), and I am whisking those away to a safe place nearly as soon as they hit my mailbox so that he actually has money for college/car/travel/etc. I really do not believe that SS will even be around anymore when he turns 18, and that is being optimistic since he is 2-1/2 now. I applaud you for being smart enough to save money -- just be thankful that you may be able to use all of that hard-earned money that you put INTO social security!

Sorry for the aside, I just hate to think that someone in my generation would see this and choose to rely on having a SS program for us when we are of retirement age. We will never be able to sustain it for that long. :)
Can't life an SS alone. - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
The max anyone can get for SS is a litle less than $24K/year - and that's for those who make huge salaries. Then you have to deduct $100+/month for Medicare. I have a pension from a long-time "normal" job, but it still isn't that much.
Yeah, I do worry about SS not being there even - Looking toward retirement
[ In Reply To ..]
in 5 years, that is why I never touched my 401K and have put other money aside in the form of CDs and long-term investments since my first job out of high school. I can thank my mother for that advice. One of my kids (adult now) is disabled since his early teens and will be dependent on us for the rest of his life (have not been able get him on SS), and the other one is out of the house and doing well on her own.

I really feel for the younger generation coming up now who do not have the opportunity to put money away as my generation did and I also do not believe SS will be around when they are ready to retire and that stinks. Sad state this county is in.

It really pays in the long run to go without some things that are not necessities in order to put a little away each month for the future especially with the way things are going in this day and age, although I appreciate how hard it is for young people to look that far into the future when struggling day to day to make a decent living wage.

re: message from the top - rm

[ In Reply To ..]
Did anyone noticed that "T.M's" name was no where on this list? What happened to her? No new position or promo?

Similar Messages:

Just A Message To MTs.
Dec 01, 2009

I'm just wondering when was the last time any of us took a moment and researched outside of this forum to get a better idea of what is happening with the MT industry?  Someone had asked last week for a listing of the largest? MTSOs.  I posted regarding the KLAS MTSO study June 2008, but I wonder just how many MTs actually read it and absorbed the information that was made available to them within the free study. There's all the commotion about  ...

Please See Message.
Dec 09, 2009

His kidneys are slightly smaller, probably reflecting chronic atrophy from hypertension, which is likely ____standing than he is aware of. ...

See Message Please
Jan 15, 2010

Patient and wife are divorced but live together. He is self-employed and has a s/l *cokestay* with his wife. ...

NPG Or MPG?... See Message Please
Apr 08, 2010

The doctor is saying:  The patient is a physical therapist with an s/l MPG or NPG.    TIA  ...

See Message, S/l C-TON
Jun 03, 2010

"On exam, her perineum was soft.  The ________ (s/l) C-TON was intact." ...

S/l La-ric-a *see Message
Aug 24, 2010

He had some abdominal pain a month or so ago which responded nicely to s/l la-rick-a ...

Lab Value...see Message Please
Nov 17, 2010

The doc is dictating lab values and says:  hematocrit 40 "volumes percent."  What is the proper way to type this?  TIA ...

No Message
Aug 02, 2011

no message  ...

GVS? Please See Message..
Aug 16, 2011

Doc is dictating list of patient's problems with no further elaboration and says what sounds like GVS.  Anyone know what that stands for?  TIA ...

Please See Message
Sep 28, 2011

Word I need help with is clearly pronounced as "M eyeds."  Doctor dictates:  "She is allergic to anything cocaine-based or local anesthetics (M eyeds.) Thank you very much!  ...

Message From TT
Jan 17, 2012

What does this mean?  Several websites will be participating in a voluntary shutdown on january 18th . This is only a temporary action but does include a few noteworthy websites (google and wikipedia). You can use yahoo.com instead of google tomorrow.   ...

Message For Some Of The
Jun 03, 2013

below who seem to adore MM so much (although a couple of you I don't really believe work for MM or are even MTs for that matter), what would be the tipping point for you to say enough is enough and start to hate on MM as much as some of us?   If they went down to say a penny a line with 100% accuracy would you still love it as much?  Just curious.   ...

JAK V? See Message
Aug 13, 2013

Patient with marginal zone lymphoma and myeloproliferative disorder Myeloproliferative disorder with significant fibrosis and a very nice response to (s/l JAK5) _____.  And again - I am going to continue the (s/l JAK5) _____ at current dose. ...

New Message From CEO
Mar 10, 2014

Anyone else get it? ...

Message When Trying To Log In
Sep 26, 2014

"Your user profile failed to download.  You have 3 options.    Log Out - try again later   Retry - try to dlownload user profile again.  Ignore. Have tried "Retry" several times to no avail.  Anybody else having this issue?   ...

Message From PC
Apr 09, 2015

Yep, read it and weep! ...

Message To MM
May 07, 2015

THE PODS ARE NOT WORKING!!!!!!! We have to be on constant MOT which was NEVER requested before.  P O D IS NOT WORKING!!!!!  ...

Did Anyone See This Message And What Do You Think?
May 18, 2015

There is a message on the main board by "Not Sure," with a subject of ICD-10.  What do experienced coders think about this? ...

I HATE ASR! No Message.
Nov 19, 2009

No message ...

Message To The CherryPickers
Dec 19, 2009

This is a message to the cherry pickers on my new account.  Well, you got greedy, skimmed so many of the money-making jobs that it became apparent to all of us including management.    Now, you've lost your jobs.  But during the time that you took part in your malfeasance I have nearly lost my home and had my car repossessed.  Each work day was literally a nightmare well I struggled with one crappy job after another without relief.  My first pay chec ...

Message To TT Management
May 05, 2010

When I started working for TT 3 years ago it was a good company, now every time there is a good week they hire more MTs and my pay goes right back into the crapper.  When did you stop caring about your employees?  Just a thought........ ...

Punctuation Help. Please See Message.
Jun 08, 2010

Is the punctuation correct in this sentence:  The patient is a 30-year-old, never married, unemployed white male. I'm wondering if there should be a comma between unemployed and white.  Thanks! ...

Word Help, See Message
Jul 15, 2010

Here is the sentence. I cannot make out the word between mucin and into.   There was just a single slide that demonstrated mucin  (sounds like dissect)   into the deep submucosa. ...

S/l 'goomba' - Please See Message
Jul 30, 2010

There is some left lung nodularity now which appears to be new, although she had a little bit in the past.  At least one of those is going to be positive.  We went over the ____________ (s/l 'goomba') which is about 3 cm. in her chest wall, which is excisable if we want to do that.  Thank you in advance for helping! ...

Message To Transcend
Aug 18, 2010

I would like to know why MTSOs, specifically Transcend,  post ads when they don't bother to contact the qualified people who apply.  They make you jump through the questionnaire and written test hoops and then ignore.   What a waste of time.   ...

Can Anybody Tell Me What The Message From CEO Peter
Oct 22, 2010

says?  I just hear corporate mumbo-jumbo.  We going to have a job, not have a job, work for C-Bay, work for MedQuist still?  I am so confused (which I am sure was the intent). ...

Cardiology... Please See Message...TIA
Oct 26, 2010

The doctor is a heart transplant doctor and is dictating a referral letter for a fellow.  He says:  He will often come in even when he is not on inpatient rotation to assess some of our sicker patients; for instance, some who have s/l "empower" devices and/or "tandem" hearts.    TIA ...

Med S/l LIOPINE? See Message
Dec 02, 2010

Med listed in H&P as current meds.  Past md hx includes hypertension, PTSD, and status post pancreatic cancer.  Can anyone help?  Thx. ...

2-O Esobon Tie? Please See Message...
Jan 06, 2011

The doc is dictating notes on a pacemaker implantation and says "Therefore, the existing ventricular lead was anchored in position with a s/l 2 O (letter O) esibon tie."  TIA ...

Orthopedic... Please See Message
Jan 25, 2011

The doc is saying "She has a negative FABER(s)."  Should it be FABER or FABER's?  Also, is there such a thing as a "cool" effusion?  The doc is saying the patient has a "small s/l cool effusion in the right knee." Thanks so much. ...