A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

happier now - and loving it

Posted: Jun 05, 2013

I left this company 6 months ago to get my head back on straight.  This company demoralized me and I would never return for any reason.  Occasionally I check the board just to see how things are going, and I see that things have not changed and are even worse.  For all those wanting to get out but not able to make the decision, yes - it is scary out here and it may takes months to find the right kind of work, but America still needs its workers and you are still worthy.  I have my first interview coming up with a doctor's office who stlll wants to hire an MT - didn't think I would be able to stay in this field - did not even think I wanted to at 56 years of age and burned out, but if they need my skills then I will be willing to work for them.  If this does not pan out, then I will just keep looking cause if I give up looking I wll never find it.  Wish me luck, and best wishes to all of you seeking new careers.  

I am right there with you, keep looking, you - none

[ In Reply To ..]
never know but, it's got to be better by a long shot than this place! IT IS THEIR LOSS!!!! The talent in this company is stunning and yet, they do not think twice by losing this talent. So, they will go down, it sounds like it might be sooner than later with all the reorganizing and firing, rehiring, what a mess! Good luck to you all!

Happier now!!!! - Me too

[ In Reply To ..]
Your post could have been written by me, but it was three years ago for me. I did exactly what you did, but I did find another MT at home, working as an IC. I like the flexibility, so everything is a trade off it seems. I, for the life of me, cannot understand how anyone can work for this company and put up with their ways and to boot, making "minimum wage." OMG, just shoot me now! Anyway, good luck to you and all of the other brave soles, who have made the leap from MM hades!

Happier Now! Oops - Me Too

[ In Reply To ..]
I meant souls, but actually soles is good too; just keep on walking away!

Thanks for such a positive note. Agree with fact - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
there are many smart women who work for this company, who have the ability to do many different jobs.

Oh and good luck! With your positive outlook, you - will do well.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Actively seeking too - Thinks4Herself

[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck and I bet it will work out!

I've been sending out many, many resumes and was asked to come by a medical office and fill out an application. At least it was some kind of communication and am going by there later today. So far, I send out resumes/cover letters/online applications, etc., and then there's only dead silence. Arggggg!

Just the thought, though, of having an office to work in and care about, coworkers to get to know, something new to learn and do, and a steady paycheck, makes me extremely excited!

Also looking - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm also sending out resumes and filling out applications...many of them. Have gotten a few emails telling me they hired someone for the job...which I appreciate..but also a lot of nothing. I did go for one interview last week, not sure what will come from it. I'm not in the position to just quit. My paycheck isn't nearly what it used to be but can't not have something coming in.

Good luck!!! I'm excited for you! - Former JLG MT

[ In Reply To ..]
let us know how it goes!

thanks - and loving it

[ In Reply To ..]
For your best wishes. I feel like we're all in this together. Just keep swimming...

Will - be

[ In Reply To ..]
starting school in the fall, thanks to the TAA program, and will be on my way out once school starts. I'm going for something out of this field. Good luck to you and hopefully they will not decide to go with an MTSO or doing it themselves.

Similar Messages:

I've Never Been Happier!!
Mar 15, 2012

Career MT here, 2-1/2 decades' worth.  I always loved MT and have been in management, etc.  The end of January I was laid off, and I have been drawing unemployment benefits.  I hope to retrain for a new career and have an appointment regarding that next week.  I never realized how STRESSED OUT I was until I stopped working. Right now I am launching 2 new small businesses, both related to things that I LOVE. My income is down, but so is my stress level!  Sleeping ...

On A Happier Note...
Jul 13, 2011

I had a formal QA evaluation by my QC and scored 99.5%, so feel I dodged a bullet. This is my first official QA since the 99% change.  The things I did wrong didn't seem to carry as much weight as previously.  Just trying to hang on until retirement, but checking out college courses. They have a new major at the local college called Medical Interpretation (Spanish to English).  A whole new wonderful world of opportunity!! ...

Finally Out Of This Company And Much Happier
Jun 27, 2013

I moved on as a CNA and I am so much happier. Sure, physically the work is harder, but mentally I fell like I lost 10 lbs instantly from loss of stress. I put in my time and I'm done-no more running back and forth to the computer to see if I have work in and putting in a 12 hour day to get in 8 hours of work. I plan on moving on more, maybe PT assist, but for now I can honestly say leaving Nuance was a wonderful change-sure, I was afraid of change, but something had to give and I am so glad ...