A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

does anyone else get audited when they request time off? - oldtimer

Posted: Feb 23, 2012

it seems like when I request time off, maybe for 4 lousy hours or whether it be a whole day I either get audited or have a meaningless 1.9 long report come back to me within 20 minutes of requesting time off which the report had the word "the" left out which did not change the report "only educational for the MT" .  Really MQ? or should I say MMuddle.  I have a ccm that wants to play head games.

You are not alone - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
I had not been audited since last August. I went over my CCM's head to complain about losing a 10 minute report when DQS went down and, lo and behold, I was audited the next day.

and I also not since last july and I had gone over - oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]
her head regarding some issue a few months back in which I did not feel CCM believed me and had proof of it and now I just feel like its payback time. BTW, person above her believed me. Did you get your downtime??

Yes - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
I did get an hour of down time but it's the policies that make me so angry more than the loss of a few bucks. They always want you to sacrifice for them and do NOTHING for the MT and now they are using the audits as a weapon.
I'm also afraid of all the MTs that have been here a long time... - oldtimer
[ In Reply To ..]
leaving more and more. I have been here almost 15 years and wonder as more and more leave there will be nothing but newbies and mq will have everything the way they want it thinking they can do whatever to people and they will take it. I keep hoping for any kind of miracle.
Miracles are hard to come by - old and burned out
[ In Reply To ..]
Since this is an Indian-owned company now, it's difficult to foresee any miracles. What I hope for (and it is starting to happen in a few places) is that the clients will become so disgusted with the work from the Indians and the newbies that they will demand experienced US MTs. One hospital in my area has just hired 4 experienced MTs to QA the work that comes from their vendor even though that work has supposedly gone through several layers of QA already. The head of the medical records department has been trying to convince management that it makes more sense to hire experienced MTs in the first place. However, everything moves very slowly in this business and even if it does happen, I doubt I will be around to see it. It's very hard to be positive, isn't it?
It may be a step in the right direction.. - oldtimer
[ In Reply To ..]
it seems about 10 years or maybe longer we have been dealing with this crap. I wonder how much those QAs are making at that hospital. That sounds like an interesting job to have with a hospital but yet it does not even make sense in what they are doing. Maybe with the tax breaks Obama is planning to stop for these companies that outsource things will turn around again in our favor. Just think about it. If it does these companies will be beggggging for workers. I think they have a hard time already finding people to do this job especially with the wages they want to pay. I hope we are all around to see it :}
Not sure exactly - old and burned out
[ In Reply To ..]
but a friend of mine took one of those jobs and is doing a lot better that she was at MQ (wouldn't be hard, would it?) I believe she is getting somewhere around $18/hour and is very happy with it.
Dear OABO and Old Timer - MT Gone
[ In Reply To ..]
I love the MT profession, or should I say "loved it" since I was forced to move on last fall. I too think that someday our skills will be back in demand in some way, shape, or form, and companies/hospitals will have to PAY for them. I had so hoped I could be around to see that. However, I held on till I couldn't hold on... and just as I was at the end of my rope a part-time employer offered me full time, the same day my account disappeared (later learned it was due to EPIC not India as I had origianlly thought) at which point I figured - here's your sign. But I still stay in touch on here and with my former co-workers, yes, even my CCM who was awesome. I pray for you all, and perhaps one day, somewhere, some day, somehow, we will become co-workers again. *Hugs to you all*

Similar Messages:

How Do We Request Time Off Without Pay?
Oct 18, 2014

When I asked my supervisor, she sent an attachment on how do it, but I don't understand exactly.  It looks like I'm supposed to first go into Remedy (?) and request it, then go into Teamwork?  I just now tried to go into Remedy, and all I got was a blank page.  Everything is so complicated, and I'm so tired.   ...

Webclock - You Have One Open Time Off Request
Nov 13, 2012

At the bottom of the webclock I have something that says "you have one open time off request." Does anyone know what that means. ...

You Cannot Request Time Off Unless You Have Paid Leave
May 01, 2013

It seems to be that it might be illegal to say you cannot request time off unless you have paid leave.  Does anyone know this?  This Nuance company is really awful now it seems to me anyway.  I do not plan to stay here long, too many changes since the takeover.  Bad changes.  ...

Today's Scare From OTI -- If You Don't Request Your Time Off
Dec 19, 2013

in the proper manner, you won't be considered for any of the new, exciting, lower paying jobs they offer -- oh no! LOL In reality, I am so tired of dealing with the low work/no work situation and the out and out rudeness of the A's, I really do not care anymore. ...

Did They Change The Way To Request Leave On The Time Sheet
May 06, 2012

Cant figure out how to get the leave req in...Gonna be one of those days again ...

Imedx/Exponent Quesiton. How Do I Request Time Off In Exponent?
May 12, 2015

but not sure how to make the request.  I must be overlooking something.  Please someone help me with this.  Thanks. ...

Being Audited?
Dec 11, 2009

Am I being audited?  Lately, I have had work show up in my QA'd in box that I have not submitted, but there is no score in the score column.  These aren't doctors that have previously been on 100% QA.  The corrections have mostly been little picky things, things corrected to something that is not per the client protocol  such as changing the patient's name to the patient or fixing what was verbatim to a better sentence (our accounts are verbatim).  ...

I Am Being Audited And Since When Do We Not Sm
Jun 22, 2012

put a dash between 2 adjectives describing a noun such as African-American female and when did we start not putting a dash between 2 vowels such as intraabdominal and uteroovarian ligaments?  I am being marked down for this sort of thing?  I don't understand when did this start? ...

MTs, How Often Do You Get Audited?
Jul 26, 2012

s ...

Re-audited
Dec 10, 2013

Just got an audit report. I noticed that the subject line said re-audit. Huh? Didn't even know I was in "trouble". I am the MT who failed an audit last week by 0.15%, and, I am also the person who got dinged for "adding" the word "and" when they claim the doctor said "uh". I passed this re-audit. Wonder if I will be audited again next week. I think I have been audited 3 times in the last 2 weeks. Twice since "failing". So, I have passed 2 out of 3 audits. ...

QC Being Audited?
Dec 17, 2014

Keep hearing that QA and QC are audited also.  Anyone willing to share info on that.  I am betting there is no way they are audited as strictly as we are and who the heck audits them anyway.  they audit each other?  that's sweet.  Seriously, anyone have info on their requirements to share. I feel like they are sitting in judgment on us and have control over our wages, but we are constantly told they are monitored too.  Will have to prove it to me.  I don& ...

Nothing Like Being Audited The First Day.
Mar 16, 2015

I am already being audited the first day since chaning over to a new POD. LOL, they could not even let me get through the first week.  ...

Must Be Getting Audited Tonight.
Apr 16, 2010

Multiple picky dings for punctation which I disagree with.   Stuff marked as critical which is not.  I want to say something not so nice, but I'll hold my tongue.  Oh well, let me go so I can get unemployment. ...

My CCM Just Called. I Just Got Audited.
Jun 15, 2011

I hope this post quells some tempers and fears.  Obviously there are a lot of audits going on.  I got the call and my CCM said "just wanted to let you know that you are going great.  You were audited and are right where you need to be with quality and are above production level".  She said thank you very much and that she appreciated my hard work.  I asked her if she ever frequented this board, she said yes.  I told her about the firing posts and she said that peo ...

Had A 3-line Job Audited...
Jul 26, 2011

and was dinged 0.25.  Pulled in the job, and the only thing the auditor changed was to remove my period and replace it with a period.  There were no comments to explain why the ding.  This is the 2nd time this has happened (exactly the same both times).  Anyone want to take a stab as to why they'd do this? ...

Been Audited To Death
Sep 01, 2011

Feel like I am being targeted.  ...

Does Everybody Get Audited Like Clockwork
Jan 06, 2012

maybe its my luck to have an extremely anal auditor, but find it hard to swallow I am getting dinged for a's and the's, therefore in a very long report (234 lines), I do not make the ridiculous 99%, like 98.75.  Every month I get audited, and I have complete confidence in my abilities and attention to detail, but not when I am micromanaged and held to a percentage that is unfair.  ...

Is Anyone Else Getting Audited Weekly??
Jun 13, 2012

Was audited the week before memorial day for 4 days mind you, and made 98.8 and left alone for a few days and bam started all over again and was told my group was being audited weekly.  Been here since 1996.  I can hardly think straight anymore and feel like I am all thumbs on the keyboard.  I am ready to call it quits and seriously go to my unemployment agency and see if they can help find something decent.  I feel like I am going nowhere fast. ...

Still Being Audited Off Of 12/16 Transcription
Dec 29, 2014

I have been audited on 12/16 transcription for the past almost 2 weeks.  I have worked 9 other days since then.  Time to move on. Wondering what that is all about. ...

How Do I Look Up An Audited Report?
Feb 19, 2015

I have never really bothered to look up any audited reports to see what I did wrong, because my average is always high enough that I don't worry about those little errors, but I wanted to look one up today and I have no clue how to find it after it has been edited. I know how to look it up in the statistics where I can see my output, but not the corrected version. Thanks! ...

Newbie Question. How To Tell You've Been Audited?
Jul 01, 2010

How can you tell when you've had your first audit?     ...

Jobs Sent To QC1 ARE Post-audited
Dec 01, 2013

I found out last week that jobs submitted for blanks to QC1 can still be pulled for post-audit.  You have to double check your jobs submitted for QC1 against your post-audits because if you don't catch it you can and will be marked off on your post-audit for something the QC1 or QC2 reviewers made a mistake on.  This happened to me and it was reversed but my TSM told me they have no way of knowing which jobs have been to QC when they pull them.  Then you also have to make sur ...

Has Anybody Had A TYPED Job Post-audited Or Only
Dec 21, 2013

nm ...

Accessing An Audited Report
Jan 13, 2014

When someone has a minute, could they please tell me how to access the text (with corrections) and sound file on a previously audited report?  I have never done this before and would like to look at one of them.  MANY THANKS! ...

Prior Audited Reports
Jul 08, 2014

Can anyone please tell me how to get in to look at reports you were audited on?  I go into the Fluency Transcription Manager and then Job Search, but from there I don't know what  to do.  Thanks! ...

How Many Reports Get Audited Each Week?
Jan 23, 2015

I've only had 3 reports audited this week - it's my first complete week no DSP status.  How many should I expect to have audited?  I have two 100% and one 99.2.  <Fingers crossed> ...

Report Audited In Fiesa Is One I Did Not Do
Jan 24, 2015

I checked my Fiesa today just after my shift and saw a report that was supposedly done by me, even had my HRID number, but I did NOT transcribe this report.  I only worked 3 hours today and I would have remembered this one. It was a very, very long report, and I ONLY got a bunch of short ones today. I did not do this report.   It also was a WT I rarely get and definitely did NOT get today.  I tried to be open and so I really looked at it, thinking maybe I ...

100 Jobs Audited, Only 3 With Over 100 Lines.
Jun 09, 2015

snow ball's chance in h***. the lower the line count, the higher the percentage for a minute error. this is a good example of the ra*ing of America. ...

99.7% Versus Number Of Lines Audited
May 07, 2014

Anybody know if there is a "standard" for number of lines to be audited on?  All of my audits have been for under 200 lines.  I never pass.  It seems to me that if you sample such a small number, you are more likely to have errors and thus fail an audit.  Are each of us being held to different standards as far as lines audited?  Are some people audited on 500 or 600 lines and others to a smaller number?  If we have to be held to 99.7%, shouldn't there be a cons ...

So Apparently For Those Of Us With No Audited Reports In FIESA....
Dec 17, 2014

.. we get an automatic score of 99.0%. I have one report in there on 12/3 but no reports for the pay week of 12/6-12/12, so they assigned me a score of 99.0%. The one report that is in there from 12/3 is higher than that. I have no idea what they base this 99.0% score on. I guess this is just a number that felt right to them, so they went with it. I'm not the only one with no audited reports for the pay week and a 99.0% score. This must be an automatic score you receive if you have no audti ...