A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

car responded instead of corresponded - anon

Posted: Dec 08, 2010

I am still reeling by the poster who "proofreads the report because she always finds something wrong."  My ASR can't get ANY word correct as above.  How stupid is "car responded" instead of corresponded?  No English word is safe in the ears of ASR.

Agree -- mine is "is at" instead of "visit." - Every other word wrong

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe ASR is different on some accounts? On the ones it is horrible, we HATE IT. Soooooo slow to correct every second or third word. Much faster to just type it (and get paid 100% of line rate to boot).

"Much faster to just type it (and get paid 100% of line rate to boot)" - anonMT

[ In Reply To ..]
MedQuist question: Are you saying that if we use the F11 function to remove the ASR "transcription" and then manually transcribe the report, we'll be paid the full line rate for that report?

I can't do that every other report -- I think I'd - get in trouble.

[ In Reply To ..]

Yes, but we are only allowed to do that - a limited number of times a month

[ In Reply To ..]
or we get in trouble.

"is not moderate" for "has not monitored?" - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

This toddler likes Oriental what? - ASR goofs

[ In Reply To ..]
Doctor SAID toddler is picky and only likes Oriental noodles but ASR put Oriental nipples.

Today ASR has suddenly started - capping generic drugs

[ In Reply To ..]
It is so frustrating to have to fix every other word.

Today, for some reason, ASR wants to cap all these generic drugs when it hasn't done so before!

"it" did not do it - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
another MT did. This is what happens when someone does a shitty job on ASR - "it" starts producing cr*p. We do it to ourselves, people.

Well, to that I say - capping generic drugs

[ In Reply To ..]
'aspirin' and 'hydrocodone' are NOT capitalized!! Unless at the beginning of a sentence, of course.

Sometimes I am so disappointed and/or frightened by the things I see when pulling up old reports and the errors I see ASR making. Very basic things that every MT should know like the back of their hand....

I like the 1, two, III approach. ASR will get it - right part of the time I guess

[ In Reply To ..]
Can't decide whether to spell, numeral, or Romanize it.

Similar Messages:

Responded To A Job Ad On Here This Morning But....
Aug 30, 2010

Job ad disappeared from this site...any idea why that would be??  ...

Responded To The Recent Keystrokes Job Openings?
Nov 19, 2009

Has anyone who responded to the recent Keystrokes job openings heard anything yet.  Just wondering.  Thanks ...

Has Your Company Ever Responded To Posts On Here Via Email?
Feb 15, 2013

I was just wondering if some of these companies read what people say and perhaps, a BIG maybe, they take it into consideration.  Has your company ever sent a group email out about something they read on here?  I know at Landmark, one time a long time ago, someone came on here and made accusations that she was not paid by them.  The owner send an email to us, letting us know that she was an upset former employee and they have never not paid anyone, ever.  Just wondering if oth ...