A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WooHoo! Got a 1802s straight typing report. - Only to have my hopes dashed

Posted: Sep 15, 2010

when the idiot PA failed to properly hang up the phone after 298s.

Just another day in MQ land.

I need a vacation....Too bad I don't have any PTO left!

At least you got some lines - CyberlandMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Not to diminish your frustration. I know exactly how you feel. Got one a few days ago that was over the amount you had...with absolutely NO dictation on it. that little voice message from the program came on every few minutes to repeat "please enter work type" until it finally timed out. Had to listen to it and got Nada for it. Not right. These physcians don't have a clue!!

Similar Messages:

Who Has Straight Typing ...
Sep 21, 2010

NM ...

ASR Vs Straight Typing
Oct 15, 2010

Got new accounts for the last 2 weeks that are not ASR (yet) so have been doing about 90% straight typing.  I have been averaging about $20 more per day than when I do ASR.  They can sell whatever snake oil they want, I can type faster and make more money straight typing than I can with their much-touted fabulous ASR --- EVEN ON BRAND NEW UNFAMILIAR ACCOUNTS.  ...

What Is Straight Typing?
Jul 07, 2011

I'm just a tad embarrassed but I need to ask.  I just applied for a job that is "straight typing" but I don't know what that means.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks. ...

Does OTI Have VR And Straight Typing?
Jan 10, 2013

I am currently straight typing and hate it, so I'm looking for a VR job with some straight typing thrown in every now and then.  Thank you! ...

Straight Typing Only
Oct 30, 2014

Hi everyone.  I am putting in applications and I want to apply at jobs with straight typine, no VR.  If anyone knows of any, please let me know.  The VR is boring and while none of them pay the way they used to, I know that I could make more on straight typing...I have 9 years experience. ...

Straight Typing
Apr 13, 2015

Are there any accounts at Nuance that are straight typing and not VR? I find with VR I still have to make so many corrections it doesn't justify the pay per line so I might as well go back to straight typing, if those accounts even exist anymore. ...

Why Suddenly Less ASR, More Straight Typing?
Nov 19, 2009

Hmm, let's see.  We get a letter from MQ extolling our virtues as MTs, more and more info about nationalizing the EMR with Verizon, etc. and I notice I'm not the only one getting less ASR, more direct typing.  Could be a coincidence, but could be MQ is gathering statistics on us, how the voice recognition program of MQ compares with our production as MTs versus straight typing on our own.  Could MQ be using us as guinea pigs right now to pad their statistics to prove the ...

Does Anyone Do Straight Typing Anymore?
May 11, 2010

I've been away from the msg boards awhile. Is there any company out there big or small, that still does transcription the "Old fashioned way", typing instead of VR?  I've tried the VR, Hate it, make no money.  Surely there is a company out there somewhere that still values us and pays decently??  anyone? ...

ASR Versus Straight Typing
Mar 11, 2011

Does anyone else out there get scared when you get a straight typing report?   Every time I get a straight typed report, the dictator sucks, sound quality sucks, or both.  I am totally scared every time a blank screen pops up.  Don't mean to sound unappreciative of the increased income, but sometimes I feel like I am being pulled through a needle backwards! ...

Does Oracle Have Straight Typing And SR? 
Jun 12, 2011

Does Oracle have straight typing and SR?  ...

Any Companies That Use Straight Typing
Feb 10, 2012

Really don't like VR. ...

Re Straight Typing Versus VR.
Mar 08, 2012

I have a pretty good and accurate typing speed, which has made me pretty good money in the past.  Then along comes VR.  I have had somewhat success with it, if the right dictation is placed on it.  The problem comes in when a company tries to put anything and everything on VR that does not belong there.  It defeats the purpose of using it in the first place. I am told that the computer calculates the accuracy of a report.  If it is 80% or more, it goes on VR.  ...

VR Or Straight Typing? Which Pays The Most?
May 08, 2012

Which can you make the most money from? I have the chance to do one or the other and wanted some opinions from others before deciding.  Thanks. ...

VR Is NOT Twice As Fast As Straight Typing!
Nov 28, 2012

I used to love my job, being an at-home medical transcriptionist. I used to make around $20-25 an hour straight typing and thought being an at-home medical transcriptionist was the best job ever! The flexibility of working from home and flexing my hours was great! I could get the kids off to school, work for a couple of hours, go shopping, work for a couple of hours, just so I made production requirements and everything was great! Unfortunately, things changed and they started making us ...

If Accupro Is Straight Typing?
Sep 21, 2013

Does anyone know if Accupro is straight typing? ...

TransTech Straight Typing
Oct 09, 2013

Does TransTech have any accounts that are straight typing?  Are their transcriptionists employees or IC?  Thanks in advance.   ...

Companies That Have Straight Typing???????
Jun 28, 2014

Does anyone know of a company that has also straight typing too?? I know VR is here to stay but I think it is not a good fit for me anymore.   ...

Straight Typing Jobs
Jul 08, 2014

Where oh where do people find these straight typing jobs?  If you don't want to share your company I completely understand, but could you possibly point me in the right direction? Thanks so much!! ...

What Is Your Average LPH Straight Typing
Nov 01, 2014

I was never given a minimum LPH, but I feel I'm not getting a good line count.  I've been here about a couple months, straight typing, Ambulatory.  Just wondering what others are averaging and any tips to improve line count?  I've been doing this for 10 years, but have always been paid hourly before coming here.  ...

VR Versus Straight Typing
Dec 13, 2014

I am pretty sure I know the answer but need to prove it.   I know Nuance is primarily VR with some typing accounts.  If you get a doctor who is on VR and you decide to type it instead of using VR you will get the pay per line for VR not straight typing? ...

I Can't Even Make $10 An Hour At TT With VR And Straight Typing.
Feb 06, 2010

nm ...

Are There Any Straight Typing Jobs Anymore?
Oct 04, 2011

Or do I just need to bite the bullet and start doing VR?   My job is straight typing 9-5 M-F!  Perfect right?  Not anymore.  I'm an eTransplus employee and the big shot MQ bought them out, so I can either go to work for them or I can look at other jobs with other companies.  I doubt there are any straight typing jobs left right?  If so, they will probably switch over soon huh? Would like to know if anyone is doing ok on VR with the company you're wit ...

Keystrokes - Straight Typing Jobs (sm)
Apr 05, 2012

Does anyone know what Keystrokes is offering to pay for the straight typing jobs?  Thinking of applying.  thanks! ...

Lots Of Straight Typing This Week
May 03, 2012

very rare that I get 100 straight typing lines a day, let alone 400 anybody else? ...

How Much Does Transcend Pay Per Line For Straight Typing? NM
May 25, 2012

NM ...

Ih Ave A Major Question About Straight Typing Sm
Aug 21, 2012

I left the Q (thank heavens) and now doing straight typing.  Before the voice wreck I was transcribing 200 to 250 lph and now with this new job with word (horrible program) I can't get above 150 lph.  What's wrong with me or is it the program?  Just don't understand.  Thx ...

Charge Per Page For Straight Typing?
Sep 06, 2012

Hi, just wondering what you think someone should charge per page for straight typing? ...

Are There Companies Out There Who Still Do Straight Typing Anymore?
Oct 04, 2012

Speech Recognition Vs. Straight Typing?
Oct 07, 2012

Ok everyone, need some advice please.  At my old company I was straight typing and doing probably 1800 lines daily.  I go do a new company and speech rec is all they have with probably 1% straight typing.  I've been losing on the average of $600 per pay period as a result of speech rec.  How the heck can I get back the money I was making doing straight typing? ...

My Quality For Straight Typing Is Spot On, But ASR ....
Oct 22, 2012

Little errors here and there. The influence of what SR has put out on what should be heard and the constant struggle with how much of the SR ouptut is wrong along with the loss of train of thought from having to stop so many times to correct, delete, move takes its toll. Some of the errors I see, I can barely believe I left. Although, I probably didn't delete enough. SR, in so many ways, is going to be the death of me. :-{ ...