A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Well so much for CP "retrofit" or any consistency. - dnr

Posted: Jul 27, 2012

Shesh, if they would put all the information in the same order, it would be easier to find, easier not to make mistakes and save a lot of time. ROS format listed before PE, after PE - easy to make a mistake when trying to save time and make a quick look. Mistakes because there was so much to read and so disorganized that I did not find patient name use criteria or what cc's are required until several documents later when searching for something else in the CP. As the saying goes (and it's true), if I could write it, it would be much better :)

and I don't know about DQS7 but - downtime

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not on DQS7 yet but on 6, why do they hide the physician and worktype specific instructions so carefully? See physician/work type specific instructions. So you have to do a whole nother search to find those, just to see if any apply to your physician or work type. Did they improve this on DQS7 I hope?

Nope, same garbage CP setup. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

If they'd put me on less than 50 accounts, I'd worry more - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
about following every single tiny CP detail, but since they didn't retrofit the accounts & they won't reduce the number of accounts I'm on, I usually follow standard rules -- the standard Mmodal rules, the standard HIPAA rules, and the standard AHDI rules. After they've screwed us on ASR and then not getting paid for CCs, demos, headings, numbering, etc., I've had about enough. Standard rules will have to do because I have to at least make minimum wage. Why did they even promise retrofitting if they never intended to do it? The clients want Walmart prices but not the Walmart products & still want a thousand tiny details followed.

I made up my own client profile - works wonderfully

[ In Reply To ..]
I dont give a rats behind if Dr. So-n-so wants things his way, or if Dr. DontGiveAPoop wants things his way... They get it my way. We were told way back when the "First time right" program was initiated that we would be given a standardized client profile for all accounts. There is no standardization and it is, in fact, worse because now I have to do 35 more accounts than back then. I just dont care anymore, and please, dont give me the speech about "the patient comes first." The patient does not care if I type a.m. or AM. The patient does not care if I put the physical exam in paragraph format or stacked left. The patient does not even care that their precious reports are riddled with errors from the work being produced in India!

Sorry for being so crabby... long week.

Agree completely - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
Last week I got a standard that was so off the mark as far as the CP is concerned and was riddled with so many errors that it is obvious that no one else cares either. I have no intention of editing the standard should I get it again but, aside from that, who the heck produced that standard in the first place? Did anyone read it before adding it as a standard? Do they keep expecting the MT to pay the price for the incompetence of others? Not this MT.
When I find transcription errors and/or CP errors in the standard, - dnr
[ In Reply To ..]
the QA manager gets 1 notice from me, and if it is not corrected, that is the way the client will get that standard from that point on with no corrections. The last standard I informed QAM about, a couple errors were fixed, but they left the drug name incorrectly spelled. So, I will continue the tradition of the wrong drug in that standard. Drug spelling was for a drug not even available in the USA and very obviously transcribed wrong in the beginning. This is a case of a sound alike drug with no one bothering to transcribe the right drug. I did, of course, relay the reference showing the wrong drug was in the standard.
It's been done - old and burned out
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, I informed the QAM and in a few days she said she had fixed them all and sent the revised ones to the standards dept (didn't know we had one). If, like everything else here, it takes them 6 months to change them then they are getting them exactly as they are even though the QAM said to go ahead and edit them in the meantime. These things had so many errors it would probably take 15 minutes to edit and I ain't doin it.
I have sent found out they have to file a ticket, - dnr
[ In Reply To ..]
and then it has to trickle through all the IT who have no idea what it is until it finally finds someone who has a clue as to who to ask, and then it can start another journey to being fixed - if it doesn't get ignored because it never ran across the desk of someone who knows anything about our work. Of course, all this could be done very efficiently and save a lot of money if they just took the direct root - QAM where it all began and the person who actually knows what to do with the corrections.

Vern, if you looked at adding the cost effective efficiency this company is missing - maybe you give us decent pay and our incentive program & benefits back.

LOL--"They get it my way." That was great! I - love your attitude n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

I Thought When They Retrofit
Jul 16, 2012

that all accounts were supposed to be roughly the same.  It's right back to where it was with a bijillion CPs. ...

Consistency, Consistency!
Apr 13, 2015

That is what we must have.  Yes, you have great weeks of 100% but sometimes you drop below that magic number of 99%.  This is not consistent!  Yes, the errors are not medical, we should consistently stay above 99%.  Who cares that your FIESA score averaged over the last 6 weeks was actually 99.3%, you dared to capitalize a generic drug!  Consistency, consistency!  Nuance is consistently inane. ...

Hankering For A Little Consistency
Oct 06, 2013

I really miss consistency and knowing what the heck is going on.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason any more to when we get an update.  The account that is my primary that I am only temporary helping out on I have not seen an update on for a while (headed by a different supervisor than my current).  The account I am secondary on, I do not think there was an update on all weekend or even on Friday.  It is in the red I would have worked on it if I had known, but no comm ...

Regarding Consistency In Line Counts...does Anyone Else Have
Jul 17, 2010

extreme trouble being consistent in their line counts? Some days I struggle to get half my lines and some days I can double them.  Of course there are factors that influence that like lack of work, which account I am on, if I am having technical difficulty or if I am having an off day personally, but when I look at my timesheets, I look like the most random person on earth.  I know many people say they work 7 days a week to get their lines, etc., and I have most certainly been th ...