A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

WHY does report look up LOCK UP? (warning, just a rant).... - Kiki

Posted: Mar 21, 2010

I put the correct info in, the client facility number, etc, and it will begin to load, and then slowly, I will get 1 green bar, 2 green bars (over the course of several minutes, now 5 to be exact) and it will just lock up there....I have NO time to wait for it to load....

And another thing, on the search page where you can click on "use my company number" --WHY is this there?  That is where you put the facility number?  So stupid. 

Okay, I don't expect any answers to this question....I know that, just letting off steam.....

CCM says no one else has complained of it taking too long (BS) and says to contact tech support, but when I do, get put on hold forever; have no patience for that either.  ARGH. 

lock up - tts

[ In Reply To ..]
I am glad to hear I am not the only one.
Its bad enough I can not build up speed but then when I do damm computer freezes up.

I have a question, what is with this QA submission??? we need to put QA markers but what send ?? what to submission? so we can get paid less???? I'm sorry can someone explain.

I could try to explain, but you'd end up fuming mad.... - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
As it makes NO sense whatsoever....they are forcing us to shoot ourselves in the foot.

She LIES. I have complained incessantly - about slowness of the system . . .

[ In Reply To ..]
I have called support constantly over this FOR MONTHS!

Support told me the same hogwash that it is only slow for me, that it is my ISP.

BULL!

Slow for me too! No message. - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
no message

tech support probably off shored..... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Rant Warning!!!!!
Nov 01, 2009

I have spent the enitre morning doing ASR on an ER doc who does not pronounce anything correctly, eats loudly and talks with her mouth full, yawns but does not stop talking and says things that make absolutely no sense at all.  I beg anyone who this sounds famiiliar to to email Support and ask that she be removed from ASR.  I have done half my usual line count today because of this horrid woman, and I can't even F11 because of the stupid limit!!!!!  My irritation factor is th ...

WARNING---Rant Enclosed
Apr 06, 2010

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! I am typing a 25 minute dictation and every 5 words I get "I'm sorry, please go back"...I'm sorry, please go back...I'm sorry, please go back  start rant... PLEASE FIGURE OUT WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE GOING TO SAY BEFORE YOU START!!!!!!!  I love typing a REALLY long dictation and only getting 1/3 line credit because you made me change 90% of what you friggin dictated!!! end rant... Thank you...I really needed to vent! ...

Warning! Rant Ahead!
Dec 14, 2010

So my company is moving everyone from IC to employee on Jan 1. Pros: PTO days, insurance for FT, and they deal with taxes. Cons: I don't need their insurance. I want the "employer paid" portion in my check, which we won't get. Expected daily production went up. Level to reach incentive pay went up and not calculated daily. CPL rate went down 15%! And that's for standard transcription, not VR. Just in production pay alone, I'm losing $100-150 per pay period. Even wh ...

I Am So Done With Medquist-warning Rant Ahead
Mar 31, 2010

I have to say, I never really believed everyone on this board when they were saying they are trying to get rid of the high-producing employees, etc, but I am now seeing it in action.  Believe every word you have read here.  I NEVER thought it would happen to be me, been with Medquist (or some company snapped up by it) for over 10 years.  I have now failed my second audit in a row.  It is almost like they just searched and searched for reports until they found ones they could ...

Silver Lock And/or Biosilver Lock
Jan 25, 2014

Shoulder arthroscopy. "Using the Scorpion I passed a FiberTape through the anterior and posterior aspect of the tear.  We then obtained the punch for the s/l bio silver lock, punched the above laterally, put the sutures through the eyelet of the bio silver lock and impacted the above, getting the tear back down to its normal footprint." ...

Well-got My Verbal Warning, Next Stop Written Warning !!!
Apr 01, 2010

I guess I'm possibly 2 weeks away from termination if I don't pass the next 2 audits.  Trying to look at it as a blessing in disguise :)  Never failed an audit in the over 10 years that I've worked for Medquist, or maybe I was never audited who knows.  ...

Lock Out
Mar 14, 2010

Just finished my day.  I ended up with over 8 hours as the jobs kept coming.  I guess the lock-out is not working which is fine....but I will probably hear about it later. ...

Lock Down
Sep 21, 2010

Is anyone still on lock down?  Our group has been cancelled many times, just wondering if it still exists, or has been cancelled. ...

Suture S/l V-Lock?
Dec 30, 2009

Abdominal wound closed in layers using 3-0 Vicryl, 3-0 "V-Lock" and 3-0 Caprosyn.  ...

Do They Really Lock You Out Of Getting In DQS Outside Your Schedule?
Feb 15, 2012

We just received the Rewards booklet (more than 1 week after I became an MModal employee). Do they really lock you out of the system outside of your schedule?  Thanks for this info and any other advice (other than run like ****, lots are trying to do that already).   ...

COMPUTER LOCK UP
Sep 04, 2012

I was typing a long report (on the 7.1).  All of a sudden the screen went blank, and then  I was back at my desktop.  There was nothing to click on.  I did ALT/CTRL/DELETE, and still nothing.  Finally after trying for 10 minutes to get in and get my report back (I could still hear the person dictating), I had to reboot my computer.  Well, the report was not there, and now NJA.  Remember when this happened on the old system, it saved the report to us, and w ...

So Has This Lock Out Thing Happened Yet Or What?
Apr 20, 2010

The date changes so much I'm just not sure.  All I know is that when my shift is over, the jobs keep on coming in.  I thought we'd be able to type the one we are in plus one in the queue and that's it......   ...

In Addition To Lock Out Notice
Jun 01, 2011

e-mail contains following:  "If you tuly cannot work because you are sick-you need to either immediately go in an put in a PTO request or you need to let me know the times and dates you are going to be making up your time." Not only are we expected to work within 15 minutes of our shift, but now we also must plan our illnesses! ...

I Believe The Lock-out Has Started Early. Just Got NJA 4 Minutes
Mar 08, 2010

to go in my shift and there are plenty of jobs on the backlog on all my accounts.  If this is how it works --I dont like it.  I had to take a little bit longer lunch break and was going to work a little extra--- guess not -LOL! Anyone else had this today? ...

What Is The Right Way To Write Hepatitis-lock These Days
Oct 12, 2011

? ...

Word 2007 Caps Lock Issues
Jan 17, 2013

I need help with Word 2007.  I've searched and can't find anything to help and have also asked tech support at my company without remedy.  I'm hoping I can explain it well enough so someone here on the board might have dealt with this and can help me.  It certainly would be appreciated as I give up! When I put in a heading such as MEDICATIONS:  At this point, I try to hit the return to the next line to begin my typing.  However, it will not go to the next ...

What The Q Has Done For (or To) Me (rant)
Feb 06, 2010

I was thinking about this earlier today.  I worked for a lot of years in hospitals doing MT, worked for doctors doing the same (I often had doctors try to steal me away from the hospitals I worked for to go and work for them but I'm loyal to a fault and it sometimes gets me hurt), and when I was just working for a doctor to cover for a transcriptionist on vacation, I was always asked back for the next vacation.  Always had perfection with my reports, never ever had an issue w ...

May I Rant?
May 17, 2010

I work for a small MT company that put me on a small account with 4 doctors, and I was told that I'd be the only MT.  Within a week it was obvious someone else was taking all the work, and I was told that this other MT was only supposed to take jobs "when necessary."  However, she takes all the jobs the second they show up.  Despite watching like a hawk for 10 hours a day, I get maybe 35% of the dictations overall, and the whole time I know that this other MT has OTHER work s ...

DSG Rant. (sm)
Aug 30, 2010

I have tried to give DSG a chance because I really hate changing jobs, but damn... this ASR gets worse every single day. I thought I was developing a rhythm and some speed with it finally and now it can't complete a single solitary sentence in any report I've had in the last three days without a serious error. It doesn't even come CLOSE to typing what the dictator very, VERY clearly says. I don't understand how ASR works, but how can it be getting worse all these months af ...

My VR Rant.
Jul 21, 2011

I think I could really make good money on VR if I was the only one on my account or if it learned specifically to each person editing.  I'm getting so tired of working on reports for a day to finally get them to start coming out needing little editing by the end of the day and then coming back on the next day to find the same reports SO full of errors after different people were on the account for the next shift.  It's great when you have other people who are good at their jo ...

Rant - Sorry
Aug 01, 2011

Okay.  Well, I decided to test with my old company again (SoftScript) with which I had  been employed for four years.  I failed their test.  My rant is this.  Am I being unfair to think that it is on record that I worked for them four years, was never late, always got my lines, always got 98% or above on audits (my last audit was 100%)  and it has only been 5 months since I left ??  Shouldn't all of this be taken into account ??  I suppose n ...

This Is A Rant.
Dec 22, 2012

Let me preface by saying that I am not a veteran in this field. I have only been a MT for about a year and a half. I graduated from one of the AHDI accepted schools. In the short time I have been working, I have worked for both of the national MTSOs. In my opinion the grass is brown on either side of the fence. I was originally enamored by the possibility of working from home and setting my own schedule. The later may be true if you have experience and are fortunate enough to hire on with a good ...

Just A Rant
Nov 28, 2013

My days are numbered, I already know.  I've given this job the best I could do.  After 14 years of no complaints they have broken me with their petty BS, condescending ways, (Feel free to reach out....), then when you do if you're not on the prime list you get no answer or worse false info.  Requested part time from the beginning but 35 hours is not P/T to me.  Lot of flexing because shift is 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.  (I was not made aware I have to ASK if it was ok to ...

RANT
Jul 29, 2014

I just need to vent. I really wish these residents would learn how to press the @#$%$% PAUSE button. I am so tired of listening to their (literally) 14-minute discussions with other residents while they are dictating a 4-minute op note. Obviously they do not realize that there is an acutal person at the other end of that dictation line, who has a family to provide for, and their jibber jabbing is a complete waste of my time and taking money out of my pocket while I am listening to them talk abou ...

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! This Is A Rant
Mar 24, 2015

Mandatory OT????? I am doing jobs that were dictated less than 1 hour ago.  I am getting the worst of the worst ESL dictators.  I don't mind doing some of them but I don't want ALL of them.  Pass the garbage to some others.  My head is pounding try to figure out what they are attempting to say.  Will be lucky if I come anywhere close to 1200 lines today. Wishing for power to go out.  HA!! ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

Does Anybody Else Feel This Way? Rant
Sep 27, 2010

I used to love transcription. I felt competent and like I was doing a service to patients by making their medical records into an understandible format. When I was working oftentimes I would be "in the zone" and time would pass by quickly. I felt proficient. After working for MedQuist for 6-odd years, I'm sick of them, sick of transcription in general. I dread going to work every day and yes  I am looking for another job but being over 50 and having done nothing but work at home in tr ...

General Rant
Jan 11, 2011

Have you ever noticed than when a dictator tries to adopt a "conversational" style of dictating, that it is very hard to try and figure out what's being said?  They start and stop several times so that you can't remember what the original line of dictation was, plus they add "you know" every other sentence.  I DON'T KNOW!!!!!  My account is a verbatim one and so I figure out as near as I can what he's saying and then send it through.  ...

Offshore Rant
Jan 21, 2011

With workloads running low, wouldn't you think the companies would end offshore transcription and give the work to American MTs?  The only thing that keeps me from bringing this up to HR is that I genuinely like the company I work for and I like both my accounts.  There is just this one thorn in the side ...    ...

My Big Rant - $48 Versus $81!!!!
Feb 11, 2011

For the hours I worked yesterday, I earned a total of $48!!! The breakdown was 60% ASR and 40% typing,and out of 3 jobs I get paid for typing, 2 of them were ASR jobs that I had to F11!!!! If I had typed all of the jobs, I would have earned $81. Talk about a slap in the face, both professionally and reality-wise. Reality with the Q is worse than I thought. Oh yeh sure ASR is faster than typing - NOT!!. As an example, one ASR job was 8 minutes. It took me 45 minutes to complete that job! I ...