A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"Undercover Boss." - OldDecrepitMT

Posted: Sep 30, 2011

Have you guys seen that show on TLC where the CEO of a huge corporation works "undercover" in the stores with the "peons" to see what it's really like to work there? Last night it was the CEO of 7 Eleven. I was really impressed that he would do that - at least he seemed to CARE about improving conditions for his employees. I kept thinking how different the corporate culture is at MedQuist - and what it would be like if the MQ CEO did this show. Of course, he would never do it because he might feel a twinge of guilt over what this company has done to it's employees. On second thought, he wouldn't feel a bit guilty - who am I kidding, lol. It almost made me want to work at 7 Eleven, lol!

Don't work for MQ - JS

[ In Reply To ..]
and don't known much about the CEO, but my guess is that he wouldn't be able to do our job as an MT or an ME, so it would probably be a huge helping of embarrassment as well as a twinge of guilt. I would love to see a CEO or higher-up who has never transcribed try it AND be submitted to QA and scored.

Better yet... I would love to see a CEO do this show only to sit there with NJA for the entirety of the program except for 5 minutes or so at the end where they get their paycheck reflecting said NJA and then try to pay their bills with the miserable pay.

NJA. - OldDecrepitMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, you are absolutly right - he'd be sitting there looking at his computer screen the entire time while being filmed, lol! They'd keep showing the clock at 1 hour increments and him sitting there not working. Then he'd probably say something profound like "There really needs to be work for them to do, obviously."

Perfect World - Alias

[ In Reply To ..]
Wouldn't it be wonderful if they did try our job, then decide they were going to send all ESL's to India, since they would obviously understand all the home boys and girls better than us (well, me anyway), and keep all American docs for us to do? That way, we could all actually make more money. Also, wonder what the qualifications are for making the "Worst Employers in America" list? Whatever the qualifications are, I'm sure MQ would qualify!!!

MQ undercover boss reward - Jaded

[ In Reply To ..]
In our case, after going to several homes and observing the MQ employees for a few days and acknowledging there are problems that need to be resolved, the MQ CEO would probably gather a huge group of people for front-page publicity (mandatory attendance on personal time of course), and announce the company was donating $5000 to a deserving foreign charity.

Even better - my reward would be ... - health and wellness coach

[ In Reply To ..]
An awesome cookie and candy tower like the one I won during MT Week - then I would shock and surprise him to deduct $25 from his next paycheck and label it "Candy and Cookie Tower" on his pay stub just like they did to me.

I kid you NOT - I won a prize during MT Week as "appreciation for all my hard work" and paid for my "prize" out of my next paycheck. If I ever win another thing from Medquist I'm going to refuse it. Maybe we should give all Q execs a bonus for all their hard work and then deduct it from their pay.

I have 2 friends who worked years for 7-11 - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
and were very happy there and enjoyed it very much. Money isn't everything.

I love that show! I wish compassion was a job skills - requirement for all CEOs in the U.S.! N/M

[ In Reply To ..]

undercover boss - Former MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I can't recount how many times this show crossed my mind in my last months with the Q. Of course they are too busy thinking up ways to torture us to EVER consider doing anything remotely like this. They would be lost the moment they put on a headset and started playing the first line of a transcription. No, money isn't everything, it just is unless you have only your income to rely on and can't pay your very conservative living expenses. Silly me turned down a very good paying job 5 years back to remain an MT. I loved the job, but back then at least my bills were getting paid and I was happy. Well, I wasn't happy during my last year when my pay kept getting cut, and my account disappeared one morning....and if there is a "reward" for worst employer Q should certainly make it into the top 10, if not take the big prize!!! EVIL, EVIL, EVIL Q!!!

Tried to suggest the Q - but I was denied.

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure why, but maybe the rest of us (you now as I have moved on) can get it to go through.

Similar Messages:

Undercover Boss
Jul 01, 2011

I would welcome the MQ CEO if he wanted to pretend to be a game show contestant and come to watch me work.   Wouldn't that be a learning experience! ...

Undercover Boss ---- Idea :)
May 05, 2012

I think the CEO/managers at Nuance should do an Undercover Boss episode ...... wouldn't that be fun?  I don't think they would ever have the courage to do so though.  ...

I Wish The MT Industry Would Go On Undercover Boss
Jun 26, 2012

Wouldn't that be an eye-opener for some of these MTSOs?  ...

Dear Undercover Boss
Apr 04, 2015

Please get the CEO of MM to work one of the MTs shifts for one of your shows. He would not last 1 minute.   ...

Did Anyone See The Show Undercover Boss Last Night?
Feb 08, 2010

Did anyone see the show Undercover Boss last night?  Do ya think the suits at MQ would do that - ha, never would be a consideration for them -- if any of them did see it, they probably laughed.  They don't realize and don't care to realize what we do to fill their pockets.  Bottom line for them is money in their pockets and the big bonuses they get for signing papers and closing those deals that don't benefit the MT at all -- the ones who are keeping the profit going for them. ...

I'd LOVE To See Vern On Undercover Boss! Nm
Aug 19, 2011

NM ...

Undercover Boss For Nuance And MModal
May 29, 2013

It would be great if the CEOs of these cheap miserly companies had to trade places with us worker bees for a week or two like on the TV show Undercover Boss and see how long they would last.  That would be an eye-opener.  ...

Wouldn't You Love To See MModal On Undercover Boss?
Feb 29, 2012

Boy wouldn't they get a rude awakening. ...

Watching Undercover Boss…
May 20, 2014

… something like that to happen to MTs (yeah, I know it will never happen, but I can dream can't I)! ...

Anyone Heard Of A Boss Or Boss Reamer?
Sep 06, 2011

Anyone heard of a boss or Boss reamer? Thanks in advance. ...

Boss's Day Snub
Oct 21, 2012

I sent my manager an email wishing her a Happy Boss's day this week...never heard a peep. I guess it's too hard to get a simple thank you these days, but I did get several emails this weekend saying the queue was overflowing and they were getting behind. Since she ignored me, I ignored her. Guess they're not too busy when they want to get their bonus, right? ...

My Boss Just Told Me... Sm
Jul 18, 2013

that a "transcribers" job is to type what they hear and only what they hear, and that the doctors will be held accountable for their mistakes.  This made me laugh. ...

Boss's Day Tomorrow! If You've Got A Good One Let Them Know.
Oct 15, 2010

I know there aren't very many of you that probably like your boss enough to send them a gift, but if you DO happen to have a nice boss it wouldn't hurt to tell them so they don't become mean and cynical like the rest of them!  Employers like to hear it when they do a good job just as much as the employees do! ...

Osteoarthritis And S/l Boss To The Right Great Toe.
Feb 21, 2011

x ...

Bad Mouthing Previous Boss
Apr 16, 2013

Just found out that indeed my old boss is stating that I walked out and gave her no notice; which is NOT true... OMG... I'm speechless. ...

How Do You Deal With A Difficult Boss?
Aug 08, 2014

I have come to the conclusion that the "Boss" is a bully.  I am an IC but I say boss because that is how he comes across.  He is difficult to deal with and uses bully-like tactics to get what he wants.  I cannot be alone in this situation.  I am looking for advice and helpful tips on how to deal with the situation short of quitting.  Thanks! ...

Constant Use Of Profanity By A Boss At My Company?
Feb 14, 2010

I have a supervisor at my company who constantly uses profanity when I speak to her on the phone, and constantly bashes MTs and other employees, so I'm sure she bashes me to others as well.   She even does this on conference calls.  I am always shocked at this behavior each and every time she does it. I find this so unprofessional and it makes me very uncomfortable, but I don't want to tell the owner/HR person.  It makes the company look bad.  How would you ha ...

Convincing Boss To Let Me Work At Home
Feb 05, 2012

I have been doing MT work for over 10 years now. I worked from home for a while and loved it. Circumstances changed, so I now drive an hour each way to a hospital, spending about 350 a month just for gas, not to mention excessive oil changes, tire rotations, etc. due to mileage! Let's factor in that I just now found out I'm expecting my first child (at age 37...please pray for me!! LOL) and can expect in my area to pay around 400 a month for daycare. So, we're at 750 a month just ...

What Is A Metatarsal Boss? Not Finding Much Luck On Google
Apr 17, 2012

x ...

Boss Let It Slip My Hospital Account Is Going To Electronic Record...
Jan 24, 2011

I've been at this midsized company for about 2 years.  As many as 50 of us work this large account.  I do acute care.  Would like to hear from anybody who's experienced this; how long till this severely (?) affects us?  Can you give me a play-by-play?  I figure the boss won't be telling us much of anything along the way.  ...