A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

UE and temp job - what happens?

Posted: Jan 31, 2013

What happens if you are getting unemployment and take a temp job anybody know?

I think your unemployment would stop but then - when your temp job ends, would pick back up

[ In Reply To ..]
This is just a guess.

I know the answer - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
when you certify for the week, you have to claim how much money you made that week and they deduct that from your UE that week.

Oh, this too - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
it is UE fraud if you say you didn't make any money, and they can see everything you have made through your SS number.
It should extend the amount of time you are eligible - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The people at the UE office were very helpful--I would check locally in case it is different in your state. My hubby would pick up short-term jobs which extended the amount of time he was eligible to collect benefits.

Similar Messages:

Temp Job Outside Of MT?
Jan 29, 2013

I, like many here, would like to transition out of this industry, but it's not an urgent need or anything. I'm considering applying to a local university (large)as a 911 dispatcher. I have experience that matches the requirements. But, bummer, it's only temporary, 4 months. Has anyone had the experience of a temp job turning into a permanent one? I realize no-one has the answers,just curious about others' experiences. ...

Temp Job That Pays Well
Aug 19, 2013

I was hired as a recruiter for a large cancer nonprofit that holds walk-a-thons. It is a 3-month temporary position and I was allowed to choose the hours, anywhere from 20 to 40 hrs a week. It involves reaching out to corporations and individuals and asking them for in-kind or monetary donations as well as participating in the walk-a-thon itself. Most of the contacts are repeat donors and are happy to get the call to join in the event again. Participation with the event is also required - se ...

What Is A Temp-to-Hire MT?
May 02, 2014

Just showed up on the Job Seeker's board.  Does this mean that you're a temporary employee until they decide they like you, and then they give you a firm offer?  Not a good deal, IMO.   ...

I Had An Interview Today, Its In-house, Temp, To Catch Up. Sm
Jul 24, 2013

I am still reeling from this sit-down.  I interviewed with the hiring manager of a huge medical group in this fairly large city.  I got her opinion on the future of MT.  This group wants to get caught up on everything because they are converting to EHR.  So, there is a temp position available.  Its $18 an hour.  Just like the old days.   She told me that, as a manager, in her opinion, MT is gone.  She was a true skeptic and had a wait and see attitude abo ...