A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

This job is boring..and I have ADHD - Any suggestions to keeping me on track

Posted: Mar 20, 2012

Before ASR I was able to listen to music and it worked very well.. Lately I am off in about 9000 different directions at one time..any ideas?

Are you on medication? - I ask because

[ In Reply To ..]
part of the reason for taking medication for ADHD is to help with focus.

How long have you been doing this? Its possible you need a more active job where you are moving around more.

Good luck because Im sure doing this kind of work would be hard for someone with ADHD, as you have to sit still and stay focused in order to be productive.

how could a person with ADHD sit - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
for 4, 6, or even 8 hours at a computer? I would think that would be hard on you.

No I never really realized how bad I was - until my adult son went on meds

[ In Reply To ..]
I came from a very active job, hurt so I cant do anything strenuous..And when I started this job, I was on painkillers, finally got enough surgeries to make life liveable without pain meds but, man am I pinging the walls here..Ive been off them for over a year so I cant say withdrawals anymore..I always put music on when I worked..With this ASR garbage I find it a bit too distracting..Now GPs wont prescribe ADD meds and send you on to a psych doc,,,and with my schedule time to do anything but work is getting really hard..Guess I better bite the bullet and get a referral to a psych..thanks

Yes, because if you can't focus how do - you expect to be

[ In Reply To ..]
productive? I would talk to my doc again if I were you and let him know what you are doing for a living and the importance of being able to sit still and concentrate, maybe he will reconsider.

Amino Fatty Acids work - MTdoigts

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you tried amino fatty acids? There are special combo preparations over the counter? Learning Factors makes a good one. A Scottish study reported ADHD children being able to come off ritalin/methylphenidate, etc. after a few weeks on amino fatty acids. Since ritalin is a dopaminergic med, it affects the longterm homeostasis of the brain neurotransmitter, dopamine. A safer bet to start might be the special prep amino fatty acids. We have ADHD sufferers in my family, so we've experienced the effects up close and personal! Good luck! Also, up the B12 and other B vitamins also know to help.

job is boring - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
It's hard enough without ADHD. You sure you want to do this?

Dont want to do the job but have to for now - just gotta get my youngest out of college

[ In Reply To ..]
My back is so messed up I cant do anything strenuous anymore..I can either give up work and make him pay for his school, which he has asked me to do,,or I can sit here and try to get through so I can help at least pay some of his tuition..I have to stick it out for just a little while longer...Going to see about medications here soon..I did put the music back on today and it seems to be helping..Just really hate to take meds after being hooked on narcotics for so long with several back surgeries..

When I was straight typing, I could look out my - window some, have

[ In Reply To ..]
HGTV on and look at that some --- but with ASR you can only sit and look at the screen. Makes the day so much longer and it is so much harder on my body (and mind).

I agree. I am pretty much exhausted after - doing my shift now. I was

[ In Reply To ..]
never this tired with straight transcription. I think my eyesight is really going downhill, too.

Oh my God thank you all - I thought I was going nuts

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought it was me..I hate signing on to work, I am physically and mentally exhausted..Never was this was before..I used to love this work

Similar Messages:

ADHD Med S/l Robatrin
Jun 10, 2013

Typing for a PSYCH account. ADHD med s/l Robatrin. Please help! Thank you! ...

BORING
Nov 16, 2009

VR is by far the most boring thing I have ever done in transcription.  Not only is it tedious to say the least but just plain boring.  How anyone can do this for 8 hours is beyond me.  I simply cannot stand it.  Please do not tell me to give it a chance I would rather not.  You may begin the flames now. ...

VR Is Boring!
Aug 11, 2010

I am relatively new to VR and I am already bored to tears.  Any tips on staying focused?  My mind wanders, fingers itch to google and not for anything medical related.  Help!!! ...

Not Boring, Wish I Could Do This All The Time
Nov 17, 2009

Already at 7 hours for the day and $146 on VR only, no sweat, no stress, hardly any ESLs today, company asking for any overtime you want to give. I love this job. I am SO glad I no longer have to wear my fingers to the bone typing away. I am not bored at all, hardly. Gotta go back to my job. ...

Editing Is So Incredibly Boring.
Dec 24, 2012

I've been sitting here for only an hour and a half, and I AM SO BORED. I've never been bored with straight typing. There's something about typing that makes you feel like an active participant in the report. But sitting there and watching that stupid red box bounce around...you get nothing from it. Even when I have to re-type every other word...  ...

Drug S/l Di-vo-nase - Pt With Hx Of Asthma, ADHD, Epilepsy And
Aug 24, 2011

x ...

Help Needed Report Card Grade For ADHD ...sm
May 08, 2012

I can't figure this out - ? regarding grading in elementary school.  Patient has ADHD and had three s/l "N" on his report card and the rest were acceptable grades.  Thanks for help!     ...

Well, Well. Another Long, Boring Monday At Acusis
Oct 25, 2010

They keep telling us "work is light".   "It's a holiday".  (Well, I guess somewhere in the world, it might be a holiday.)   If work is REALLY that light, how on earth is this company staying afloat?  Surely the bigwigs at the top aren't taking a cut in pay, like we peons are, when there's "no work".  Where is THEIR pay being generated?  Oh, wait.  Let me guess.  Must be all the work being re-routed to INDIA, or maybe their language ...

ADHD - Possible Medication Side Effect Causing Eating Problems?
Oct 06, 2010

I realize some of the ADHD medications can cause weight loss but have never heard of this and not sure - although it's very clear - can someone help? Patient is a 6-year-old white male currently taking Concerta 27 mg daily, methylphenidate 5 mg in the afternoon.  Taking the weekends off for s/l some pensatory eating. Thanks!   ...