A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The MT is what makes MMODAL work. They - need paid for their work!

Posted: Oct 15, 2012

nm

AMEN. Good luck getting her $350K salary without MTs producing - that revenue! NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

No, our pay goes for - Amy s Little Helpers

[ In Reply To ..]
This call is more depressing than anticipated

Yes, telling us we will never earn money. Reality bites. - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Telling me about teamwork after announcing to me my career and livelihood won't pay the bills. I am crying right now. I am.

Do they WANT everyone to quit so they don't have to pay - unemployment and can send more to India? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

And also being upbeat about it. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
It sounds like she is almost happy that we making less and less. By they way I bet Amy has already gotten a raise the short time she has been here.

Then take a stand! - me

[ In Reply To ..]
Tell them your thoughts and don't work for less than you feel you should have - they can't send EVERYTHING to India without it coming back having to be checked by SOMEONE here in the USA to correct all their errors....as my mommy would always tell me "poop or get off the pot." It some of you top producers could get together and make a presentation, what would it hurt? As you said, the company is only as good as its employees....that's why I can't understand how MModal and some of these others stay open with all the work going to India.

Yup complain complain and DO nothing - I tried

[ In Reply To ..]
to stop the outsourcing years ago..I asked for people to help and got a handful..I needed more than a handful from each state..Im on the count down to retirement, thank GOD I have a retirement from a real job to fall back on..MM pays my extra bills soon as the kid is out of college, Im outta here..

Similar Messages:

What To Do When Dr. Makes You Gag
May 07, 2011

Everytime I do this doctor's transcription (ironically he is a pulmonologist) he snorts phlegm in the back of his nose right into the microphone and will even cough from it sometimes because he does it so hard. Tonight during an 11 min. dictation by him, halfway through I had to get up and run to the bathroom because I was gagging. He did it 5 times in the first 5 min. of the job.  I once reported a doc who uses voice recognition and apparently did her dictation on her lunch break WHIL ...

Makes You Wonder
Apr 15, 2013

I'm sure that the bigwigs at MM are very aware of the many disgruntled and downright angy posts on this board in the past week or two. It's sad that no one in the head office has addressed our concerns, either with a company-wide email or even a post on this site. It confirms that we are truly at the bottom of the totem pole and that they just want results, not happy employees. ...

OT Makes The TSM
Aug 03, 2014

but it sure leaves us short of work.  But, hey, at least she gets her bonus. ...

Makes No Sense...
Nov 05, 2009

dictated "5/5 strength of each s/l patellotibial and gastric bilateral extermities."  I know that is not what is being said, but everytime he says this he slurs so bad I can't make it out.  This would bring off about 5 timestamps, so please help! ...

Makes Me Sick
Dec 15, 2009

I am currently awaiting a call from my boss about going salary for my position as an MT, and I have no patience , so just for fun I googled "how much salary does a medical transciptionist get paid" and I clicked on this link to one of those question/answer sites where someone asked about the average transcriptionist's salary, and what I read made me sick. This person wrote a huge answer about what is to be an MT and how they get paid and such.  This person is claiming essentially they ...

How Much Do You Think The MTSO Makes
Mar 20, 2010

If they are paying 8 CPL how much are they getting paid per line? Any general ideas? ...

This Job Makes Me So Tired
Apr 13, 2011

It doesn't matter that I get enough sleep. MT makes me tired, sitting at the computer for hours on end. Anyone experience this? ...

What NUANCE's CEO Makes
May 14, 2011

CEO Pay Database Paul A. Ricci Chief Executive Officer NUANCE COMMUNICATIONS INC (NUAN) Headquarters: BURLINGTON, MA PREPACKAGED SOFTWARE 2010 Compensation   2010     Salary $575,000 Bonus $0 Value of Stock Awards $12,873,849 Value of Option Awards $5,818,100 Non-Equity Incentive Plan Compensation $460,000 Change in Pension Value and Deferred Compensation Earnings $0 All Other Compensation $45,182 Total $1 ...

Hey Know What Makes This Job More Tolerable??
Mar 04, 2012

Vicodin and Valium!!  Pulled my back out..sure makes the day go by fast ...

This Always Makes Me Laugh
Jul 27, 2012

when the doc says something like "he was assaulted by two gentlemen."  Well, at least they were polite about it right? ...

Really Makes You Not Want To Work!
Sep 27, 2013

I can't take much more!  I didn't get a single bad report on FIESA for 2 weeks.  Then they did that evaluation and wanted me to change my shift, being really nice to me.  I changed my shift completely this past week.  This week I get hit with 7 reports with numerous critical/major errors that I really do not remember doing at all.  Then I get nasty emails because I had been an hour short last week and the importance of working all my hours during my s ...

It Really Makes Me Mad When My Supervisor
May 09, 2014

calls for overtime because she is afraid jobs will go out of tat over the weekend and when I get on to work, I have no work on my usual 10 accounts and get work from accounts I have never heard of before!   What a way to help my line count and quality ...

Another Thing That Makes Me Go Hmm...
Mar 06, 2015

Please to explain why we have to be physically talking to a Support person in order to claim time in Webclock? Even if there's no conversation going on, they are still in the computer "attempting" to install or whatever it may be. We are still unable to work, obviously. Odd how some will say, oh we can just stay on the phone while I'm doing this, while others say they'll call back when done. Prefer to stay on the phone, it's more interactive and proper (and we should be getti ...

Makes No Sense
May 28, 2015

Get an email saying our POD is looking for people to do an hour extra....why am I still helping another group if my POD needs help? ...

Would You Take Out The Word 'both'.. I Do Not Think It Makes Sense
Nov 23, 2009

He also has significant problems with both anxiety and some difficulty with obsessive compulsive traits. ...

MQ Makes A Net Income Of 9.7 Million.
Feb 01, 2010

http://www.officialwire.com/main.php?action=posted_news&rid=58609   That money is OUR money for what MQ did to all of us and probably most of the money MQ took was from ASR!!!  I see MQ hired ANOTHER VP for global service?  I wonder how much this person makes?  Along with bonuses?  So, that makes what. . .,  30 some VP's who work for MQ?   ...

Wow, This Board Makes It Sound Like
Feb 17, 2010

you must be off crazy to work for medquist ...

MQ Makes The Deals With The Clients. The MT
Mar 24, 2010

shouldn't be held responsible for what MQ says.  If MQ doesn't want the responsibility for correct reports, they shouldn't make the deals, instead of making deals and then underpaying MTs and putting all the responsibility on them.  All MQ is after is the money, not the responsibility that goes with making the money. ...

Finally Something That Makes Sense
Sep 29, 2010

... the e-mail purge: of course they don't want anyone to be able to point out all the inconsistencies in every single policy, account related or not, over the long term. been with the Q since '01 and always thought anyone complaining on this board was here to do just that. but i stand corrected.. on the same account since '02 with so far 5 (or maybe it's five) different account managers, and every time a new one comes along, turns out i've been doing everything wrong ...

MAKES ME A FASTER TRANSCRIPTIONIST/NOT!
Mar 09, 2011

Here's how easy my job is with ASR.  "Fifth once assistance of 99 ounces peritoneum 29-774 mg of 1-1/2 ml."  It's gonna be a great day.     ...

Sort Of Makes Me Laugh
Jul 02, 2012

I had the nerve to complain about the work load I was getting and how could I keep up production rates and when I questioned it suddenly I am being audited.  I let them know I thought it was interesting the timing of this since I had asked so many questions in the last couple of weeks regarding production. ...

Just Makes My Blood Boil
Jan 04, 2013

This is from MModal:  ** We celebrated our brand launch day in India as well. 17 centers. 115 images. Over 5500 employees celebrated**  I'm sorry - but I'm sick to death of hearing about the national debt and raising taxes on everyone. If our government would do something about these big corporations taking our jobs and sending them to India....I mean, I'm no rocket scientist - but those 5500 jobs that were taken away from the US also just took away 5500 jobs of ...

It Makes Me Feel So Good To Know That Our
Sep 08, 2013

qualified people. QA'd a report today where the India MT typed "3 quarts of Neo-Synephrine nasal spray were inserted into the right nostril." Actually doc said "three squirts". Do they even read this stuff for context? I am just imagining that poor patient drowning in Neo-Synephrine...... ...

F5 In Docqumanage Makes Computer Go
Dec 25, 2013

anyone else? Plus I can't get into the old reports from the repository. Bad enough I have to work Christmas, this is a real pain ...

India Makes More Than US Transcribers...
Jan 04, 2015

I was looking at job ads on a website called findtranscriptionwork.com.  I found it on a search engine, have never seen this site before.  I found a job listing for an India-based company looking for a business transcriptionist preferably located in India, and they are paying $20 an hour to start.   Hmmmm.  ...

The Link - What You Do Makes A Difference?
Jan 16, 2015

E.g., "I can make my family wait for dinner..."  You bet!!! I have a very understanding 2-year-old. "I can make myself skip a break..."  Absolutely!!!  I can buy a freakin' catheter?!  WTH was I thinking??? "I can make myself put off my child’s request for homework help..." Of course I can!!!  She'll get out of the 5th grade eventually, right?   Hey Nuance, I can make some VERY creative hand gestures... ...

What Do You Do When A Doctor Makes No Sense?
Jun 11, 2015

Leave one huge blank, or leave it exactly as he dictated? I have no idea where the doctor is going with this sentence. ...

Wondering If This Makes Sense - J-tube
Nov 13, 2009

At his last visit, we had suggested his mother attempt to incorporate some feeds into his J-tube (clearly s/l - "plushes".   I've never heard of this and wonder if he is stumbling on words.  thanks! ...

ORTHO - Please Look At This Sentence To See If It Makes Sense To You?
Nov 23, 2009

I have discussed with the family that I anticipate approximately a 4 to 5 cm difference, and the possibility of pan-genu epiphysiodesis at the appropriate time for ultimate equalization.     ...

Anyone Working For MedQuist That Makes More Than Pennies?
Nov 30, 2011

I have worked for MedQuist for almost a year and still am not making money and I'm getting night and weekend incentives.  But still to no avail.  How are the rest of you doing? ...