A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So has this lock out thing happened yet or what? - Kiki

Posted: Apr 20, 2010

The date changes so much I'm just not sure.  All I know is that when my shift is over, the jobs keep on coming in.  I thought we'd be able to type the one we are in plus one in the queue and that's it......

lock out - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm in the north region, and our lockout/swap board both have been put on some kind of temporary delay. I have no idea why.

Ya, first I hear 7th, then 14th, then that there were - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
some "temporary glitches" and haven't heard anything since.......oh well

lockout - verla

[ In Reply To ..]
Haven't you always noticed that nothing new they try is ever "First Time Right," more like "First Time Wrong." I'm not a betting person, but I'd be willing to bet on MQ in this regard. Every time they say they're going to have a new program I just cringe because it's going to be nothing but trouble and the instructions they give, don't ya just love them?

From what I understand - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
swapboard and lock down are on a open-ended hold. I was told by a few who are in the know that it caused quite a few problems in the test areas. No new target date has firmly been set.

Dinosaur - thought you were dead! n/m - shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Not dead, just busy - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
I would visit the board a couple of times a week for a quick look. I was wondering about you too. Whenever I checked the board I didn't see any posts by you. I'm glad you are well.
Speaking of MIA, what happened to L&L? She - too busy making her 65k
[ In Reply To ..]
a year to agitate on the board any more?
I like to agitate also, and I just got back on. Miss me? - BUNION
[ In Reply To ..]
Just do not egg me on or I will get going and get banned again. Geesh need to take a doggie downer before I get on anymore. Oh well.
I did miss you Bunion, Pugmom too - Dinosaur
[ In Reply To ..]
I wondered what happened to you. I've been busy lately so I would only read the most recent posts and I thought maybe I missed yours.

Several years ago I would fire off replies to posts that got under my skin. I tried to be as constructive as possible but the sarcasm was there. I never got banned but I was warned once about 5 or 6 years ago. Now I try to chalk it up to maybe the poster was very young, or perhaps they just don't know any better. If it really gets to you, go straight to the comedy board, that helps me. Stay away from the political board though. If you have a 4-legged friend, that will help immensely. A good rule to live by in all aspects of your life is to never have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Glad your back.
Thanks Dinosaur, I am good. Too much time to post now. - BUNION
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Why lockout won't work - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
In my opinion lockout would be a nightmare because of the times when there are no jobs available and we have to start work later. It would be a constant schedule change. And you know how hard it is to get a hold of CCM's or whatever they call themselves these days. Seems like it would be a major hassle to have to adjust so many schedules to compensate the NJA. While we are waiting for them to "unlock" us, documents would be sitting waiting to be transcribed.

I can't imagine never feeling free to make an - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
appointment with a teacher at school, a haircut, a Pap smear, getting teeth cleaned, etc. You'll always be "worried" that you can't get rid of that hour on the swampboard and then that you can't make it up later - either because there is no shift available for maybe just 1 hour or you are LOCKED OUT. What a sensational mess. More stress that the Indians probably don't have to worry about.

Similar Messages:

Whatever Happened To This Swapboard Thing?
Dec 07, 2010

Whatever happened to this swapboard thing?  Everytime I go in to check it there are no dates/times there to swap.  Is anybody else using this?  I wanted to try to swap some hours for next Sunday to go to X-mas church service.  Sent 2 emails to supervisor and a phone call and have gotten no response in 2 weeks - that's ridiculous. So, is it up and running or not? ...

So What Ever Happened With The LanDesk Thing
Oct 26, 2014

I politely refused to use it on my personal computer and was told I would be sent a company computer..nothing yet ...

Leaving Nuance Is The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me.
Aug 08, 2013

Somebody fry these bas****s! Document EVERYTHING! Someone posted about how to save the voice files. Also save your completed document into a Word document so it can be proved that the document was created on a certain date and never modified. Print copies of all correspondence for anything that isn't just a mundane question. Take screen shots or whatever you need to do of FIEFSA or anything else. Challenge all errors. Document dates and times you run out of work. Document it all. Find w ...

Has The Same Thing Happened To Court Reporting?
Nov 06, 2013

Just got to wondering. I know back when I made 50K doing MT, I was told court reporters were making twice that.  I never really understood what they do, some kind of shorthand machine? only I don't think they use that anymore.  So has their career gone down the tubes as well? anyone know? ...

Silver Lock And/or Biosilver Lock
Jan 25, 2014

Shoulder arthroscopy. "Using the Scorpion I passed a FiberTape through the anterior and posterior aspect of the tear.  We then obtained the punch for the s/l bio silver lock, punched the above laterally, put the sutures through the eyelet of the bio silver lock and impacted the above, getting the tear back down to its normal footprint." ...

Lock Out
Mar 14, 2010

Just finished my day.  I ended up with over 8 hours as the jobs kept coming.  I guess the lock-out is not working which is fine....but I will probably hear about it later. ...

Lock Down
Sep 21, 2010

Is anyone still on lock down?  Our group has been cancelled many times, just wondering if it still exists, or has been cancelled. ...

Suture S/l V-Lock?
Dec 30, 2009

Abdominal wound closed in layers using 3-0 Vicryl, 3-0 "V-Lock" and 3-0 Caprosyn.  ...

Do They Really Lock You Out Of Getting In DQS Outside Your Schedule?
Feb 15, 2012

We just received the Rewards booklet (more than 1 week after I became an MModal employee). Do they really lock you out of the system outside of your schedule?  Thanks for this info and any other advice (other than run like ****, lots are trying to do that already).   ...

COMPUTER LOCK UP
Sep 04, 2012

I was typing a long report (on the 7.1).  All of a sudden the screen went blank, and then  I was back at my desktop.  There was nothing to click on.  I did ALT/CTRL/DELETE, and still nothing.  Finally after trying for 10 minutes to get in and get my report back (I could still hear the person dictating), I had to reboot my computer.  Well, the report was not there, and now NJA.  Remember when this happened on the old system, it saved the report to us, and w ...

In Addition To Lock Out Notice
Jun 01, 2011

e-mail contains following:  "If you tuly cannot work because you are sick-you need to either immediately go in an put in a PTO request or you need to let me know the times and dates you are going to be making up your time." Not only are we expected to work within 15 minutes of our shift, but now we also must plan our illnesses! ...

I Believe The Lock-out Has Started Early. Just Got NJA 4 Minutes
Mar 08, 2010

to go in my shift and there are plenty of jobs on the backlog on all my accounts.  If this is how it works --I dont like it.  I had to take a little bit longer lunch break and was going to work a little extra--- guess not -LOL! Anyone else had this today? ...

WHY Does Report Look Up LOCK UP? (warning, Just A Rant)....
Mar 21, 2010

I put the correct info in, the client facility number, etc, and it will begin to load, and then slowly, I will get 1 green bar, 2 green bars (over the course of several minutes, now 5 to be exact) and it will just lock up there....I have NO time to wait for it to load.... And another thing, on the search page where you can click on "use my company number" --WHY is this there?  That is where you put the facility number?  So stupid.  Okay, I don't expect any answers to this q ...

What Is The Right Way To Write Hepatitis-lock These Days
Oct 12, 2011

? ...

Word 2007 Caps Lock Issues
Jan 17, 2013

I need help with Word 2007.  I've searched and can't find anything to help and have also asked tech support at my company without remedy.  I'm hoping I can explain it well enough so someone here on the board might have dealt with this and can help me.  It certainly would be appreciated as I give up! When I put in a heading such as MEDICATIONS:  At this point, I try to hit the return to the next line to begin my typing.  However, it will not go to the next ...

MIND LOCK - Last Night I "Just Turned It Off"/Abandoned My Shift: What Now?
Apr 06, 2010

Posted: Apr 6th, 2010 - 10:35 am I signed on for my normal shift at Midnight and got immediately hit with an unknown hospital,  uknown dictator from outside my CCM's 'book of work.'  I couldn't understand the dictator who was a ESL, thick accent interspersed with serial "mumbles with thick accent."  Looked for an old report, put in all the correct information, even tried adjusting it several times -- came up with no old reports.  At this point, mental in ...

"silver Lock" Anchor?
Jul 20, 2012

s/l Silver Lock anchor   Thanks.  ...

One More Thing!
Mar 11, 2010

Just one more thought.  I have never, ever, known anyone who has left Medquist or Spheris and regretted it.  They may bounce back and forth just to get by, but in the long run, when they are finally finished, they are finished.  For all of those MTs who don't want to start over, please don't take that attitude.  I did and it only got worse and when I did change it wasn't that bad at all.  Again, could it get any worse?  ...

And Another Thing...........
Mar 15, 2010

Not that I'm not glad it was an increase rather than a pay cut, but I think for a lot of us this "raise" is going to just even us out for when he start getting docked pay April 1.  Funny that this "raise" is starting April 1, isn't it?  ...

I Did The Right Thing It Seems
May 02, 2010

Now I know I did the right thing in not only leaving the Q but leaving the field altogether.  I had another physical last week and my blood pressure was back down to 120/70, and my doctor was very happy when he learned I had quit. They wasted no time in sending me labels to ship the computer back, though.  Oh well.. they don't want the monitor, or mouse, or keyboard, so I'm keeping those! ...

Is L5 On S1 The Same Thing As L5-S1
Dec 30, 2010

In half the report the doc says L5-S1, the other half he says L5 on S1.  Is this the same thing?  ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Do That PSA Thing?
May 12, 2011

I clicked on each of the highlighted areas in the e-mail, but where do you go to set this up? I must be needing more coffee or something.  I just dont get it.  Read it 3 times now. ...

I Tell You One Thing That I Know For Certain
Jun 17, 2013

If this dictator says, "peeeeeeeeeeeeriod" one more flippin time, I am going to scream as loud as I possibly can and then punch the daylights out of this monitor! ...

Is There Such A Thing As
Jul 13, 2013

Urine welkenton?  Not sure of spelling, since I'm not sure it's really a word.  They could also be saying welkington.  That's what the dictation sounds like and I've listened to it several times on numerous days.  Can't find a reference to it anywhere and I've tried many variations.  Wondering if it's a really old term or if I'm completely misunderstanding.   Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

One More Thing Before I Go
Nov 23, 2013

I do believe now that they are starting to target those of us who were making 10/6.  In the past, on my old accounts, I was audited no more than once a month.  If I failed an occasional audit, they would wait another month to see how I did on that one and since I always passed, no action was taken.  There was also no action after I took more than the allowable time off.  Then, at the beginning of November, I was moved to another BOB.  After being on the account for less ...

I Tried To Do The Right Thing But....
Dec 12, 2014

I just can't stick it out 2 weeks :(   Every job I type just stresses me out more and more.  I am to the point that I don't care if I get my 20 hours PTO I have built up.   I am emailing back and forth with my TSM right now and it sounds like she is reading off a script!  "Take each report as they come and try to do your best to prevent errors"  No $%^& lady!!  Does she think we don't know that?????  ARRRGGH I am so beyond frustrate ...

And Here's One Other Thing!
Apr 01, 2015

Just had a doctor dictate "potassium 40 mg," (should have been mEq) and then further down, "Levemir 40 mg" (should have been units). If I had not left blanks for them, that would have been 6 points off. It also compelled me to use my allotment of blanks for that report! But they, of course, do not get penalized for their mistakes. On the other hand, our pay is docked. There is a double standard here that needs to be changed. ...

Is There Such A Thing As Wetzler?
Mar 01, 2010

The sentence is ... The ---- was normal to slightly below average. It sounds like wetzler...i did research but I can't find the correct way to spell it.. ...

Would That TAA Thing Cover Something Like This?
Mar 27, 2010

The university down the street will be offering an undergraduate degree in Arabic.  It is one of only 3 offer in this country.  Now THAT ought to be useful.  Sometimes, if you already have an undergraduate degree, they let you skip the basics and finish in 2 yrs.  I would certainly consider that, especially since there appears to be no end in sight to our troubles with Arab-speaking countries. ...

I Love Getting NJA First Thing And Then
Aug 19, 2010

and right at the LAST MINUTE, ONE job comes in.  You type it and then have to sit for another 15 minutes. Rinse, repeat. ...