A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Questions before applying at Medquist - Ben A. Round

Posted: May 13, 2010

I need to cut my hours and my present employer won't let me. I can only work about 30 hours a week. I have several years of experience on DQS and am decent on DQS ASR. Does anyone know if Medquist hires for part-time, are there are any benefits for part-timers, and what are the schedules like? Do I get to set my schedule or do they? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

I think with Spheris coming aboard, the are going sm - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
to need more MTs than they know what to do with! I am part time, however, I have been with them for a long time. No benes unless you do 24 hours a week. I work my own schedule but do not know if they are doing things differently now. You can ask and all they can say is "no."

Thanks! - Ben A. Round

[ In Reply To ..]
My current company does overflow for Medquist, so I'm kind of afraid of applying and my current company finding out about it, but I've got to cut my hours or I'm going to die at my desk, and that is not a good way to go! Thanks for your input. I think it's worth the chance.

Yes part-time, min. 24 hours and get PTO - They listened to what

[ In Reply To ..]
schedule I wanted, then tweaked it a bit on the phone when I was hired, and over the past year of working CCM has requested I change my schedule about four times so it now does not much resemble what I initially asked for.

Also will probably need to work 1 weekend day - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Quesions before applying at Medquist - Penelope

[ In Reply To ..]
RUN!

Seriously? Why run? - Ben A. Round

[ In Reply To ..]
Tell me quickly... I was about to apply on Monday morning. Please tell me why I should run. I will take your response seriously, just please tell me why.

Have you actually read this board? - If you did, you would know the answer.

[ In Reply To ..]
z
Have to agree. Also can read JobVent.com - and read reviews on MQ
[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately, I would have to agree with most of them.

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Ever Tried To Buy Their Medquist Computer From Medquist
Jul 18, 2011

????? ...

Applying
Jun 16, 2011

How long do you have to wait before reapplying for a job at medquist? ...

Applying For Job
Jan 10, 2011

Okay, this is somewhat of a strange situation.  I have been looking for a job in the field that I was in prior to becoming an MT 11 years ago, which would be a full-time position with benefits.  Currently I am IC.  I had lost my previous job due to downsizing and the office/company that I worked for basically closed it's Wisconsin branch except for a handful of employees.  I just found out that one of the employees at this small Wisconsin branch of the company that I use ...

When Applying For A New MT Job...
Dec 27, 2013

...and taking a transcription test, is it wise to type verbatim even if there are errors or try to clean it up? I'm an older MT and haven't applied in a while. I'd just like to know an opinion out there. I'd hate to not get a job because I "cleaned" something up when I should not have done so. TIA. ...

After Applying For Jobs....
Oct 20, 2009

How long should I wait after applying for a job before following up? And what's the best way to followup? Also, I'd like to ask what caused them to overlook my resume if that's the case. BUT would that just make me even more of a pest and make them Black-ball me?! I HATE WAITING!!! Can you tell? :) ...

Question About Applying...
May 25, 2010

This question applies to anyone... Do you apply for an MT position even if they state they're not hiring newbies? If so, has it made a difference or is it a waste of time? Thanks! ...

Considering Applying With Q.E.D. Transcription
Sep 11, 2010

I am considering applying with Q.E.D. Transcription.  They seem to be a stable company to work for from what I've read.  Does anyone have any experience with them or input?  Any info appreciated!  Thanks. ...

Considering Applying To Diskriter
Nov 15, 2010

I am considering applying to Diskriter.  I just received an email with some questions.  I am wanting to know any info on the criminal background check.  I had some hot checks about 7-10 years ago and paid them off then, but am worried about this background check and also my credit is not that great.  Could someone please clue me in?  Also, do you need to take a picture of your desk/work area to work there?  I have a alcove in my bedroom where I do my work since I live in an apartment.  I ...

MME's... Is It Worth Applying For?
Feb 11, 2011

I'm curious about the MME certification/position.  Can anyone please give some honest insight as to what the difference in pay is, what the testing for the position is like, etc.  I would like to apply for the position in 2 months and would like to know what to expect.  Also, once you're an MME does that open up advancement opportunities into QA, CCM, etc.?  Any information would be appreciated.   ...

Done Applying For MT Jobs
Apr 10, 2012

I need to write this for my own sake. I can no longer apply or test for these company positions. I am being rejected in one way or another by all of them. I have done this for going on 30 years. I can't take it anymore. It is so very very painful to deal with this. I think in my heart I have given up finding any MT position or any job at this point in my life. All I do is get angry, cry, throw things. Very very depressed and I get from friends is either God has something special for ...

Applying To Talk To Amy?
Jul 27, 2012

Out of 4 slots how many of those do you think will be given to MTs?  I wish whoever is applying good luck. ...

Applying For Positions
Jul 21, 2013

Does anyone ever simply e-mail a resume to a company rather than completing the long, drawn out application they want filled out when you click the link to apply?  I have 30 years of experience and do not want to spend time filling in information about every job I have ever had and why I left, where I went to school, emergency contacts, etc on their application, only to never hear from the company and would prefer just to e-mail a resume with a cover letter.  Does anyone ever do this? ...

Thinking Of Applying To TTS
Jul 21, 2014

I'm assuming the competitive pay is probably 8/4.  But what are their benefits like; cost, coverage, etc.  Is the PTO decent?  I've seen mixed messages on here.  Some are really happy, some are not.  Any info appreciated.  TIA ...

Question About Applying For Job .....
Jan 21, 2015

Is anybody having trouble applying for jobs on here? I have applied to like 5 different ones and am getting emails saying my message was not delivered for some reason? Anybody else having problems?? Thanks in advance! ...

Be Very Careful When Applying To SoftScript
Dec 05, 2009

Be very careful when applying to SoftScript.  They have many openings but I have applied, when through the testing, got an interview, but they never called and when trying to find answers they never respond.  I would be very skeptical of working for a company like this.  I also checked a little into them and found out that I was not the first one that this has happened to, plus getting work can be a problem and keeping work can be a problem.  ...

When Applying For Job, Is The First Question You Are Asked Are You
Dec 07, 2009

Someone in post stating was trying to be certified but seems to me most want experience rather than certification. Which one most applies? ...

Transcend Worth Applying For?
Apr 12, 2010

I know I've read somewhere on the board about this company but can't remember where.  Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.  I'm looking for steady PT evening work Sun thru Thurs (3-4 hours nightly).  More than experienced with over 25 years in the biz, university/acute care accounts, except radiology.  Thanks. ...

Burned Out On Job Applying, Testing Etc.
May 10, 2010

Are there NO decent places out there to work? Just when I see something that looks like what I am seeking and want to apply, all I see is negative posts.  I realize that everyone has their opinion and just because someone does not like it does not mean I would not etc. BUT, there are always more than one negative opinion, and all cases that I chose to ignore warnings, I walked right into the nightmare, just like they said I would. Seriously, is ANYONE happy where they work? Please tel ...

Interested In Applying At Keystrokes
Jun 09, 2010

Hi there, I'm interested in applying at Keystrokes.  Does anyone know what the current f/t requirement is?  I see they are hiring only FT right now.  Is this according to line count or a set schedule.  Thanks for any info!     ...

MD-IT After Applying And Testing With Them Recently?
Aug 10, 2010

Curious if anyone has heard back from MD-IT after applying and testing with them recently?  TIA. ...

To People Applying/looking For Jobs
Jun 20, 2011

I applied for one of the jobs listed on here and another site.  I got a call saying they would call last Friday.  When that didn't happen, I got an email saying they would call today in a certain time frame.  That still has not happened.  I know patience is a virtue and that they are dealing with multiple resumes, but I had an email from a recruiter in the specialty area that I was looking at, so I was hoping the number of resumes had dropped some (not just a general rec ...

Keystrokes - Looking Into Applying To This Company
Jun 16, 2011

I'm looking into applying to this company.  Can a current employee tell me which of their various platforms are true word-based?  They list meditech, Chartnet, powerscribe, allscripts, scribe.  I also understand that they just bought out 2 other companies that may include multiple other platforms.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.  ...

Amphion - Thinking About Applying
Aug 25, 2011

I'm thinking about applying.   How are they to work for?   Do they run out of work often on their accounts?   How often do they pay?   Would like to get some current info on them. ...

If Applying For PT With MQ Can You Pick Your Hours? Sm
Oct 17, 2011

After you fill out the application and get through the hiring process, if you're going to be part-time does MQ tell you when they want you to work or can you pick your own hours?  ...

Thought About Applying To TransTech
Nov 21, 2011

I have thought about applying to TransTech.  Then I noted on their website the MTTest Site that lots of seasoned MTs have taken, myself being one of them and I have over 32 years acute-care experience and failed.   Any opinions on taking it once again?  Need a job like lots of MTs and I love to do OP reports.  For any TransTech MTs, do they have any straight typing or is it straight and or VR editing?   ...

Applying To Accentus For Third Shift
Feb 17, 2012

I am thinking about applying to Accentus for third shift.  I know they have been discussed here but would like someone to share if it is possible to do 300+ VR lines an hour and what percentage is typing, are they flexible at all, what platform do they use,  please feel free to reply by e-mail.   ...

Applying For Unemployment Is Stresful
Mar 01, 2012

There's a guilt factor - well, I SHOULD stick it out.  I SHOULD make it work, I SHOULD be able to buckle down and eat whatever crap for whatever pay.  I should, I should, I should, and it's off to work I go... I think being an MT these days has a lot in common with a domestic violence situation:  No matter how bad things are, it's always the wife's - I mean - the MTs fault.  It's not the voice recognition software, it's YOU.  It's not ...

How Soon Do You Hear From Companies After Applying?
Apr 05, 2012

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how soon you hear from companies after applying. I have applied to several over the past couple of weeks and have 18 years experience and am not hearing from anyone.  I am starting to get very discouraged.  ...

Thinking Of Applying At Precyse
Apr 30, 2012

I am thinking of applying at Precyse.  Hard to find info here, which is probably a good thing, but can anyone contribute? ...

Applying At MedScribe Any Thoughts?
Jul 31, 2012

Thinking about applying at MedScribe any thoughts? ...