A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Oh, Mmodal, please raise your quality standards again - so more can fail and you

Posted: Feb 16, 2015

fire MTs and keep demanding more OT.  

As I have stated before, 99.5% is NOT about quality, it is about cutting pay and getting us to work even more cheaply.

How is it to their advantage to demand OT? - Paranoid much?

[ In Reply To ..]

And in reality how is it to their advantage to - slow us down?

[ In Reply To ..]
The slower we are the more they have to hire and the more they have to provide bennies for and days off. Yes they are slowing us down; poor business practice, yes..advantage to them, no..

That's an easy one - They hire in India

[ In Reply To ..]
no pesky American bennies. Advantage to them: Yes
That is very true - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Did you ever think that the US quality has to be so high to counter balance the India garbage? This job, like most other that can be worked remotely will be totally ovrseas if something doesn't change pretty quickly. US has the highest tax rate in the world, what incentive is there to stay. When Buger King moves out of the country to save money, we have a problem..
Soo I googled Mmodal India - no bennies,,Really?
[ In Reply To ..]
Job Description:MMODAL IS OFFERING HOME-BASED& nbsp TRANSCRIPTION & nbsp MModal is& nbsp inviting applications from& nbsp personnels having relevant experience in Medical Transcription field as& nbsp Proof Readers, Direct Posters, Direct Uploaders, Executive Medical Transcriptionists, Quality Analysts etc.,& nbsp for HOME BASED ASSOCIATE positions.& nbsp & nbsp Selected candidates will be under full-time employment and would enjoy the following benefits: & nbsp Fixed Base Salary Attractive Performance based incentives Lucrative Night shift allowance Flexible Working hours Career Pathing and Development ASR in use for higher productivity Leaves, Public holidays as applicable Lucrative Employee Referral incentives Rewards and Recognition for Good Performers Loyalty awards for 5 yr and 10 yrs completion Medical insurance for employee and employees family (Self, Spouse, 2 children and dependant parents) Accidental insurance for Employee & nbsp Work from home earn more Attend to your Kids/ parents/ spouse while working Save fuel, save money and more than that time. & nbsp We encourage you to refer your colleagues/Friends/Family remembers having relevant experience in Medical transcription industry, so that they can also take up the golden opportunity and attend the selection process. & nbsp & nbsp Interested candidates may& nbsp please forward their resumes to: hr-hyderabadmmodal.com & nbsp You may also reach& nbsp HR Dept& nbsp at : 8801077674 / 04066120700 / 04030987100 & nbsp
insurance for dependent parents? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Lucrative night shift differentials, incentives? hum, we are idiots plain nd simple
Soooo, I said no pesky - AMERICAN bennies
[ In Reply To ..]
Totally different costs/laws/regulations. Yes, REALLY??!!??
Oh I understand that US thing,,,just saying - things I personally
[ In Reply To ..]
did not know. I know everything is cheaper in India, it is all relative. Pissed me off to the max to actually look and finally see. Anoter kick in my hind quarters, I have to get out of here.

S.A.R.C.A.S.M. - get it much?

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Nuance Quality Standards
Nov 26, 2013

I am curious if MLS and/or QC/QA people working for Nuance are able to consistently meet their 99.5% accuracy rating while meeting the lines per hour requirements? ...

I Don't Think MModal Wants Quality From Its MTs
Feb 20, 2012

When the clients then complain, I can just see them pushing their EPIC or whatever fast-food medical record software they have and saying, "see, our software has less errors than the transcriptionists."  ...

Mmodal...anyone Else Struggling With Quality?
Jul 14, 2014

Is anyone else having trouble passing audits and maintaining the 99.7? ...

MModal Quality Requirement
Jun 08, 2015

I wanted to share with you all an interesting conversation I had while on a job interview on Friday.  The job interview was for a QA-type position.  The hospital is very well known in my area for being one of the best around.  I say that not to benefit myself in any way, just to set the stage...I get asked the usual questions about strengths and weaknesses, etc.  The conversation moves along and the subject of quality comes up.  I mention that my current employer� ...

Wal-Mart Commercial - "a Raise In Pay Raises Us All." Hey MModal Listen Up!
May 04, 2015

If Im meeting my LPH minumum plus, why do I still require make-up pay?? Wow!  My CPL sucks..just saying! ...

New Quality Index Vs Old Quality Score
Oct 18, 2014

I ran an error report for all reports, all accounts on my platform for this quarter, 10/1 - 10/18. So far the Quality Index is 84% vs Quality Score 99.18%.  Didn't they advertise this new error scoring as working out in our favor?  Doesn't look like it to me. This is based on 2194 jobs and 105,358 lines audited on E5.  I checked the box that says view all corrections on the correction report. ...

ASR And Standards
Dec 08, 2009

I know the rule has always been if the report type has a standard with more than 6 headings that we can hit F11 and type the job.  Now I sorta remember reading that was changing.  Does anyone know if it has and what the new rule is? ...

VR Standards
Dec 23, 2009

This is just my observation.  I am presently working on VR and have been for about 1-1/2 months.  On my straight typing accounts, we followed the Book of Style and typed verbatim.  VR is a whole different world.  Where as we had to spell out abbreviations in the impression, plan, preoperative diagnoses, etc., with straight typing, on VR we are told to not expand abbreviations.  We are also told that unless the statement makes no sense whatsoever to send it to QA, b ...

FYI - Standards
Jan 08, 2010

Just to let you all know, after talking with my CCM, what happened to me was an error and has been fixed.  We *do* get paid for standards. Sorry if I freaked anyone, besides myself, out with my post. ;o) ...

More About Standards
Jul 25, 2012

Thanks for all your comments about inserting standards but I am not concerned about mistakes in them at audits.  I am at the point where I don't care if I am fired.  The point I wanted to make is that the quality of the standard from the hospital was horrendous yet obviously acceptable because it comes from them yet we are expected to be 99% accurate under the worst possible circumstances.  If this weren't so pitiful and causing so many MTs so much distress, it would be ...

SR Pay Methods/standards
Nov 05, 2009

My hospital is transitioning into SR using APEX. We're being told that they want to base our expect standards on VBC (visual black characters), saying this is "the industry standard".  Are the rest of you on SR/VR paid by VBC, lines, or minutes?  What were the justifications given?  We've been paid for the last 10 years by minutes so aren't thinking this is a good change.  Any feedback would be helpful.  We are a union shop so would love to hear from other ...

Standards/templates
Dec 16, 2010

I've been with MQ for about 2 months now.  I've noticed that many, many of the dictators use what we used to call "standards" or templates.  We just inserted the canned text and made changes where indicated. Is this allowed?  I know some has their own (crtl S), but can I make my own and use them?  ...

Question - Standards/F11
Jun 09, 2011

When a report requires a standard be used and it is an ASR report, if the MT knows what the standard headings are, isn't it acceptable to just type in the headings in the appropriate places within the ASR, rather than pulling in the standard by Ctrl S?     ...

Are We Paid For Standards?
Jul 05, 2012

Can anyone tell me if we are paid for standards brought into reports or only what we add to it?  I did a very long OP note yesterday that had a large standard and quite a bit of dictation along with it and am surprised to see I only received 9.38 lines for it.  Something doesn't seem right, I know I type more than 9.38 lines even without the standard!   ...

Inserting Standards
Jul 23, 2012

Our facilities have many docs who say "insert my standard."  Yesterday I got a new one which was beyond belief.  The format was wrong; the PE was double spaced instead of single.  Some of the headings were capitalized and some were not.  There were spelling errors.  No Murmurs, Rubs or Gallops appeared like so, etc., etc.  Someone somewhere had to produce this PE and this is what the hospital is using as their standard.  Next time I get a piece of crap like thi ...

How Do I Toggle To Standards
Oct 24, 2012

When I am in a job, and the doctor requests standard, ctrl S does not always toggle me to the standard list.  Is there another way without using my mouse?  thank you in advance.  ...

Who Writes These Standards
Oct 24, 2012

Standard name doesnt even match what doc dictated,,the numbers he dictates dont match and the spelling...dont even get me started on that!!! ...

Doctors Using Standards
Oct 31, 2012

Anyone else get really annoyed when a doctor says "use my standard" and then proceeds to make half a dozen changes to it?  What they would like us to do is remove part of the dictation, go down to the bottom, get the appropriate text, copy, delete, move it back to the correct place in the report and then, of course, edit it.  Doing this multiple times is not only excessively time consuming but makes it very easy to accidentally delete text.  Just curious if you are all doing this. ...

Normals/standards
Apr 22, 2014

Okay, if you want me to be 99.7% then at least have the information in the normals/standards correct.  Misspelled words, punctuation errors.  Really?  Have to go in and change a LOT in order to "attempt" to make 99.7%.  Thinking I am no longer going to change them and when i get "nicked," I am going to say "that's how it was entered."  Sorry for the rant. ...

Fair Standards Act/getting Together On This Stuff
Jan 04, 2010

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place, but it seems like with all the screwing over that some of these companies do to us (and I know it's no accident that they don't encourage us to communicate amongst ourselves), few people here are suggesting some way of getting together to "encourage" the companies we work for to screw us over less, or at least less painfully. I know there's a Fair Standards act, for example, that supposedly covers even us (working on production). Whi ...

When Did We Stop Getting Credit For Standards? - Sm
Jan 06, 2010

Last night I did two fairly long duplex studies where the doctor says "use my standard" with a lot of "move this, take that out, insert this..."  Not difficult, but time consuming.  When I went in to look at my line count after my shift, I got a total of 20 lines for the two reports, or 16.48 cents!  What gives with this?  Did I miss the memo, or did they just not tell us?  Next week they'll be asking us to pay them when we actually get work. :o( ...

Medquist Standards And Guidelines
Mar 10, 2010

Before I appear dumb to supervisor, can somebody tell me where do I find "MedQuist Standards and Guidelines?" ...

What Line Counts Standards Are Out There
Jul 29, 2010

I am just curious as to what line count standards are out there. What are your line count requirements for the day and how much do you use your QA for things like missing encounters, unable to ID patients, incorrect work types? Where I work our standards are relatively lower than other places, however, we also are required to match encounters, determine the work type, send an email for each work type or inrcorrect MRN, create a temporary patient if we cannot find the patient anywhere in the s ...

Standards For Edited Lines
Sep 15, 2011

I manage a  transcription department and we went live with Escription a few months ago.  I am working on setting standards for edited lines as well as putting together an incentive program.  Would anyone be willing to share their policy for transcribed/edited lines and what they are currently paying for incentive. Thank you! Renee ...

Do We Get Paid For Pulling In Standards?
Feb 10, 2012

my check was $100 less this pay and I am trying to figure out why.  I know I had some reports with standards so I am wondering if this was why.  Thanks for the help. ...

Transcription Productivity Standards
Apr 11, 2012

Can anyone give me Transcription Productivity Standards using voice recognition? ...

Fair Standards Labor Act
Oct 28, 2012

The U.S. Dept. of Labor requires time and a half pay for all hours over 40 worked in a work week.  (I think only if employee status.)  We are considered piecemeal workers and indeed are eligible for OT pay.  "All time spent by an employee performing activities which are job-related is potentially "work time." This includes the employee's regular "on the clock" work time, plus "off the clock" time spent performing job-related activities (which benefit the employer). Potential ...

Tightened Standards In Hiring (sm)
Mar 17, 2014

It seems opportunities are much narrower than I realized.  I never thought I would be turned down for lack of experience as I have almost 30 years experience.  I was turned down by two companies because althought I have a lot of specialty experience, my acute care experience only includes 1 year on ops as most of my work was at home for private physicians. I think so many experienced MTs have lost their jobs to technology that we have stiff competition.  In the two I was turned d ...

I Have To Comment On The Below Posts About Not Getting Paid For Standards...
Jan 06, 2010

I'm going to test this out myself the next time I use one.  If this is true, sure would explain my slightly plummeting line count from usual no matter how hard I try.  That would be some BS for sure.   Makes you wonder why they make that "rule" that we are not allowed to make our own expanders from their standards!!!!  AHA!  Well, they have no way of knowing, so that is EXACTLY what I am going to do if I find out we aren't compensated for those standards. ...

Nuance Flexibility & Standards Questions
Dec 04, 2013

I work from home part-time for a large hospital corporation locally, but we are constantly running out of work and being asked to use PTO or VTO and take the day off.  I'm running out of PTO and cannot afford to take the day off without pay.  I don't need insurance or any of that, as I get it through my current employer but to supplement income I decided to apply at Nuance.  A recruiter got back to me with the link to their pre-employment testing.  My question is th ...