A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Observations - TJ

Posted: Jun 27, 2015

You cannot live only on the income from MM.  It is impossible to pay rent, or make a house payment, pay your utilities, groceries, car, etc.   I lived it and worked myself into a real state.  I used to do the OT because I needed the $, but when it came right down to it, I did not make enough for it to matter, so I quit working the OT, the mandatory OT, and did not change my schedule any more.  I just did what I had to do to survive, and when I could I got out.  I am out from under that horrible stress and the ingraditude of that company.  They work you like you are in a sweatshop, and it is never enough.  Best wishes to all of you, and I hope you can also get out from under it. 

We all are in different - situations

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't have a house payment. I don't have a car payment. I get 900/month from TIAA-CREF for the rest of my life through a divorce settlement. My total monthly expenses are 500/month. I make 30K/year from MM and I'm just fine with that. I can retire at any time. Quit assuming everyone here is in your same situation. Some of us are quite content with them.

One would think with all you have to be - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
thankful for you'd be in a better mood. She is absolutely correct. If you have the normal monthly bills to pay and rely soley on the income from this job you can't make it. If you have additional income, limited expenses, husband's income, etc. you can.

I'm not in a bad mood. I'm sick of people - trashing this company

[ In Reply To ..]
just because they have placed themselves in a position to depend on it. You have only yourselves to blame.
The company deserves to be trashed - Val
[ In Reply To ..]
and I already quit them. You blaming others doesn't help anything. Good for you that you have low monthly expenses. Mine are probably $1300. Now you can get off your high horse.
I'll stay on my high horse, thank you - very much.
[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot be the only person working for MM who is not starving to death, living in a tent in someone's backyard, as the OP would have us all assume.

Just because someone works here does not make them poor and suffering. If you don't like it, fine. Go away and work someplace else. I am quite happy with my job and this company.
I must have missed that in her post - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Just because a person says they can't make it does not mean they are without any food and living in a tent. Guess no one every taught you that.

... - ..

[ In Reply To ..]

I pay my bills just fine with MM - today anyway

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not had any issues with this company and have been with them since 2003

You have had no issues probably because - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Your accounts are good. I somehow ended up off my normal account the other day. Beautiful dictators, "use my standard for" was a popular phrase. 500 LPH was my total for the day. NEVER ever, ever had that before. My account sucks. So yes, there are people that can make money, the randomness is very unfair though.

Similar Messages:

General Observations
Jan 18, 2010

I have been reading the messages in this forum regularly for the past few days and weeks.  I am shocked at the number of unhappy people in our profession.  If you hate your jobs so much, apply for a student loan and go back to school, it will create jobs for the ones who want to transcribe and can't find them now.  I've been at my current MT job for 16 years and have worked on-site and at home, I am paid very well for what I do.  If I bitched to my boss every t ...

FIESA For Me Observations
Oct 03, 2013

I have noticed on my own FIESA audits they take the shortest reports by the dictators I have the most trouble with and give me big errors.  I listen TWICE start to finish to reports that I know they are going to hit and I STILL miss something.  Makes me furious. I am being ridiculously cautious because I missed my bonus this quarter by what essentially was 2 blanks they got that I missed. I can't win. ...