A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OK I have a doctor dictating a re-dictation - jh

Posted: Mar 14, 2012

I distinctly remember doing the original dictation a few weeks back...Now I have to wonder if I got paid for that job...How do they get lost? this was a unique kind of report so there is no doubt in my mind it was transcribed and sent through...

Do a search - missindale

[ In Reply To ..]
Go back and look and see if it is there.

I checked under the patient id, hoping I wouldnt have to re-type - not there

[ In Reply To ..]
Now gonna have to go into my reports from that date and manually go through..Another thing to do after work that I wont be compensated for... :-(

REDICTATION - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
take the time to search it out, copy and paste....worth the time to search, get the same lines twice!

Similar Messages:

Lousy Dictating Doctor
Sep 01, 2012

Why do we get berated when the doctor is known to be a mumbler and you know he knows what he is doing? This guy CONSTANTLY has blanks in his reports, no accent, no excuse.  He's just lazy and doesn't care.  I wish there was a way of issuing fines for these doctors when they get these many blanks in their reports.  You'd think it would be some sort of legal issue since the reports are basically incomplete.  Just a thought. ...

Dear Dictating Doctor...
Jul 18, 2013

Dear dictating doctor, if you can't speak Engilish, please do not waste my time or yours.   Thank you.    I really feeling making a macro of this and putting at the end of every impossible ESL dictating doctor. Seriously, what are some docs thinking?  Can't come up with words, sentance structure horrible, changing mind every sentance.   Please, I implore..GET SOMEONE TO DICTATE FOR FOR YOU!!!!!!! ...

Hey Doctor, Why Not Just Eat Lunch While You're Dictating!
Sep 14, 2014

Yeah! - kill two birds with one stone.  Chew that food thoroughly too, roll it around in your mouth with your mouth open and smack up that taste, then swallow hard while pronouncing a crucial word.   I hate you!! ...

How Do You Report A Doctor For Dictating On A Cell Phone?
Jan 04, 2010

He's been told and told not to do this and he still does it.  Isn't that  HIPAA violation, since cell phones are not secure? ...

Doctor Is Dictating Quick-Tape Cast
Jun 21, 2010

Doctor is dictating Quick-Tape cast.  Is it Quick-Tape cast, quick-tape cast, or Quik-Tape cast?  Cannnot document any of these.  TIA for any help. ...

Doctor Dictating See Patient Back Peripherally.
May 29, 2014

Doctor repeatedly dictates at end of her office  notes will see patient back peripherally.  When asked about this, she says yes, that is what she means to say.  Has anyone heard of "PERIPHERALLY" used in this manner in dictation?  If so, what does this mean because I cannot verify this as being correct.  Thanks :) ...

How Much To Charge To Review And Edit Dictation With MD Dictating In Dragon EMR?
Oct 20, 2011

I am starting a new account where they would like me to edit and proof the work of a doctor who is dictating in Dragon EMR.  They want me to put in a bid for what I would charge.  I have no idea. Suggestions?  ...

Does The Doctor Receive A Prize For Being The First One Done With His Dictation?????
Jul 02, 2012

I would be very happy today if someone would smack the doctor I am typing in the back of the head and say SLOW DOWN DUMMY!!  I usually don't mind filling in for someone who is on vacation, but damn I am glad this is NOT one of the providers I normally type.  Do they not understand that they sound mumbled when dictating so fast, not to mention the barely spoken words during the race to get to the next sentence!!  ARRGHH whew k that helped a little!!  I guess sometimes med ...

Nearly 21 Minute Report Of Another Doctor's Dictation
Jan 01, 2014

I had a long, long report that was filled up mostly with another doctor's dictation, who was sitting nearby going a mile a minute dictating on his patient while my dictating doctor sat quietly thinking.  At least, I guess that's what he was doing, hard to tell, he was so quiet while page after page filled up with the report from another patient.  When my doctor resumed speaking, it was hard to find where his dictation began again.  The actual report turned out ...

My Doctor Accidentally Encrypted His Dictation
Sep 04, 2014

Hi I posted this once but not sure if it went through.  I use Olympus Transcriptoin Kit and can usually transcribe any type of voice file by dragging it into the system.  One of my doctors accidentally encrypted his dictation and now my transcription module asks me for a password to decrypt it.  The problem being of course he doesn't even know how he did that and I am not sure how to get this encrypted from here. I don't think I can do it on my end and to ask him to figu ...

Has Anyone Ever Rated A Doctor's Dictation On Yelp?
Jan 27, 2015

I just heard about this website and am curious if it would help us if we started reporting things like Dr. Smith disgustingly smacks on gum while dictating or Dr. Jones rushes through his ROS and PE findings so fast that he cannot be understood????? ...

Obstinate Doctor Refuses To Clean Up Dictation
May 01, 2015

MTSO suit tries to go to bat for us and asks if he would slow down.  He won't. Makes you wonder who he is really battling here, as we are just trying to do a good job for him.  I don't understand this mentality at all.  We could save him a future lawsuit perhaps. Anyone know why they won't change their style?  Why they would dig in their heels in this way?  I have a pat paragraph for his Physical Exam I was artful enough to glean through with a fine-toot ...

Doctor Is Dictating MR SPECT, Should SPECT Be Capitalized? TIA (nm)
Dec 28, 2011

xx ...

Doctor Starts Dictation With "Today Is Free Slurpee Day"
Jul 11, 2013

So I think I'll go get my free Slurpee - Doctor's orders.  ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

Not Dictating Mg With Dose...what To Do?
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor is not including the word mg with doses of medication. Do I just transcribe what I hear or insert it? IE- simvastatin 10, vitamin E 400 b.i.d., metformin 850 b.i.d., ibuprofen 400 p.r.n ...

Dictating Out Of Order
Dec 07, 2009

This is driving me crazy!  My main account has several docs that dictate their review of systems and PE out of body system order, like instead of the neck head down, they dictate the abdomen or extremities first.  ...

Okay, I Have A New Resident Dictating A
Jul 02, 2010

3-day hopsital stay discharge summary.  It is 30 minutes long.  This going to be fun.  ...

YAWNING AND DICTATING
Jul 13, 2010

I very seldom vent or complain, but it has just got to me today.  This surgeon does such good dictation, EXCEPT when he yawns and continues to dictate.  How in the world does he think we can understand him when he does this.  It is not a little yawn either.  It almost makes me shutter when he does it.  I am sorry, I just had to finally vent after listening to him for 10 years. ...

Gah! Hang Up When You're Done Dictating!!!
Oct 01, 2010

He does this all the time...turns a 1.5-2 min dictation into a 15 minute dictation.  I fast forward through it, but I still have to "listen" to the whole file before I can turn in the dictation.  This is on top of being a horrible dictator; he whispers, shuffles papers, etc, and has extremely long pauses between words.  Gah!!!! Okay, just had to get that out of my system.  Thanks! ...

One Or 1 When Dictating Medication
Nov 06, 2010

I have always thought the numbers less than 10 should be in numeral form if referring to medication.  So I thought 1 tablet of Vicodin a day would be the appropraite way to type it or 2 tablets of Vicodin a day.  However, I am not sure.  Any ideas? ...

Resident Dictating
Mar 16, 2011

I've got a resident dictating and is on the PE.  "Blood pressure 110/80 and ___________ was 65 and regular." I know that the blank would be heart rate, but the res says something like "balance" or "bowels"....is there a new term or an old one that has escaped me? TIA ...

Gum Chewing While Dictating
May 21, 2011

I'm going freaking nuts!  I am trying to transcribe a resident's dictation (bad enough), but she's smacking and chewing gum throughout the whole thing.  It's so loud that I can hardly make out what she's saying.  I don't very often rant and rave, but ... I DON'T GET PAID TO HEAR SOMEONE CHEW GUM!!!!   ...

RNs Dictating - GRrrrrr!
Apr 10, 2012

Okay, if you're going to have an RN, FNP, or PA dictate for you, at least make sure they know the terminology!    I just suffered through at 10 minute discharge summary on a patient post CVA, and this lady was reading the CT scan and MRI reports of the brain into the record with clearly no idea at all of what she was reading or what it meant or how to pronounce the parts of the brain.  Thank goodness I've been around long enough to be able to get and idea and fill in so ...

EATING WHILE DICTATING!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 03, 2012

SO SICK OF DICTATORS EATING HARD CANDY, CHEWING GUM AND EATING CRUNCHY FOOD WHILE DICTATING!!!!!!!!!! NERVE WRACKING AND TIME CONSUMING WHILE WAITING FOR THEM TO MOVE THEIR FOOD AROUND AND SWALLOW!!!  NOT TO MENTION THE RATTLING OF CHIP BAGS....HOW UNPROFESSIONAL CAN YOU GET?????????? ...

So The Doc Just Sneezed While She Was Dictating
Aug 13, 2012

The doc sneezes twice and I muttered to myself "God bless you."  Apparently someone in the office did, too, because then the doc said "thank you."  The timing was perfect and it made me laugh.   ...

Every Time One Of These Dictating
Apr 01, 2013

doofuses puts in the wrong work type, the report should be sent back to them to fix.  How hard is to just put in the correct type?  I guess that's too simple. ...

Dictating Lab Values
Jul 06, 2013

dictating lab values: albumin 2.7, low. s/l "HU" ratio low at 0.6. ?? Thank you!! ...

Eating While Dictating
Apr 18, 2014

Note to all doctors who eat while dictating... STOP IT! Okay, you jerks swore to do no harm. You violate that oath every single time you pick up a phone and dictate. Eating while dictating is just one of the many things you do. How would you like it if someone came up to you and started chewing their food right in your ears? Oh, you wouldn't? Gee, could have fooled me! What's that you say? No one would show a doctor that kind of disrespect? You are nothing but an over-educated, self in ...

Re-dictating By The MT Using Dragon Etc
Jun 24, 2014

Anyone have thoughts on using program such as Dragon to "re-dictate" reports to save some transcription time and hopefully save further wear and tear?  Not an expensive program start-up but willing to spend some time to set up a more basic program to work.  My shoulder is nearly frozen, again.  Us old-schoolers are wearing out.  Thanks! ...