A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Now cannot even get aspirin right - no name

Posted: Jan 23, 2012

ASR put "aspirin 71 mg"  71 mg?  Clearly dictated as 81 mg.   Also my ASR's new stupidity of the day is aspirin 3 and 25 instead, again CLEARLY dictated as three hundred twenty-five.  Absolutely unbelievable.  When you think it cannot POSSIBLY get any more stupid, it does. 

yes, I had a glorious day with ASR also. - no name 2

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not sure what is going on with this, but cannot wait to get on Doc 7 and start all over... That is MModals ASR and we get to start at square one training it again! Wonder how long it will take to train this one?

Silly me, but I am hoping somebody learned from - this fiasco and it will be

[ In Reply To ..]
better. My ASR has started just flat making up stuff. The doc will say that the patient is having chest pain and the ASR will put the patient is having NO chest pain. Out of the blue. Absolutely just makes up things out of its itty-bitty computer brain. I really have to listen carefully now.

I posted a good one on the VR board - of my stupid ASR mistake

[ In Reply To ..]
Dicator said, "He was seen in April 2012."
ASR put, "He was seen in twelfth 2011."

How the heck did ASR get twelfth out of April? This was a very clear English speaking doctor.
April 2012 - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
And how did he get seen in April 2012 when it is only January 2012?
oh dear - tabby
[ In Reply To ..]
I hate 100% ASR... just eats me up.
oops...2011 - so used to typing 2012 now
[ In Reply To ..]
a duh moment, sorry

ASR - ksm

[ In Reply To ..]
The recent trend I've noticed is separating words with "self" in them. For instance, "she went by her self." Anyone else seeing this?

No but mine changes the gender. Clear as day - will be a he, but ASR

[ In Reply To ..]
will put "she." No reason and not the same all through report.

Now cannot even get aspirin right - kittykay

[ In Reply To ..]
The other day ASR put in right and the doc dictated left. I keep looking at it for the longest time and double checked what I heard. I could not believe it. It was clear as day.

I like how it has decided to make EVERYTHING a date - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
Lotrel 05/1940 mg once a day. Also can't EVER get blood pressure right. 100 and 22 over 70 eight.

Similar Messages:

Meds: Aspirin 81 Mg A Day?? Or 80??
Feb 04, 2010

The doc is clearly stating 81 mg a day, but how do you do 81 mg??? ...

Bayer Aspirin Question
Nov 08, 2010

When a patient's medication list includes Bayer aspirin, do you capitalize Aspirin?  Is "Bayer Aspirin" a brand name?  Or is it just "Bayer" and the aspirin part is generic?  ...

OK, I'm Tired Of Hearing Baby Aspirin.
Feb 20, 2014

Babies cannot take aspirin. I suggest a revolt.  How about we starting transcribing "bear aspirin."   Just need a smile today. ...

Pt Allergic To Plavis, So He Is On Aspirin And S/l "tick Let" Therapy...also Taking S/l Ma
May 13, 2010

:) ...