A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

North NJA is worse than ever. NM - anon

Posted: Oct 25, 2011

NM

Not really. Maybe the part of North you have routed to you - is dry, but other North regions SM

[ In Reply To ..]
have work. The bought out companie's work went to the North and MQ people are doing it and there seems to be a good amount available, I guess just not for you, or me.

Just found out that we lost my big account. Being reassigned. NM - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Lost it? And found it in India, perhaps? - Ya think?

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Not India - to an internal EMR - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
Micky D's - Former MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure if you or how many others saw the "mess" that had gone into a patient's medical record. It looked like something a 2-year-old might have put together, totally nonsensical.... very frightening, and it's probably happening more than the average American knows. You gotta love EMR...OUR medical records are being put together with the same care that a Big Mac is assembled, maybe less! Wish I could have stuck around for when the lawsuits start, but I had to pay my bills....maybe someday I'll be able to use these job skills again; however, for now I was forced to move on.

That must be where my work is going. - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
My account is a local hospital, so I know it is busy. My friend is a nurse there. It's Tuesday and I log on to no work.

Not your fault for sure. If you even get any of it. But somebody is.

Hope for your sake they reassign you soon. Sucks to have no work when this is supposed to be our bread and butter.

Similar Messages:

Wow, These Companies Are Getting Worse And Worse Regarding Testing...sm
Sep 01, 2010

This company's written test says that I can't use any references, but based on the questions they're asking, I'd have to be a doctor to be able to answer them!  So am I to assume that I can't use references when I work either?  So sick of jumping through hoops for these companies... ...

Interim QA Gone - North Or West (or North By Northwest) With Apologies To Alfred Hitchcock !
Apr 05, 2011

Ours from the West has (thankfully) gone back to being another MME like the rest of us poor mortals.  I found her e-mails to be bossy, snippy, condescending and picky to the point of absurdity.  The frosting on the cake was the recent e-mail that said MT's are to be held at fault if the doctor makes a mistake on a lab value, med dosage, etc.  Some people get a little taste of power and become unbearable.  I, for one, bid her a joyful farewell because ...

Anyone Who Doesn't Have Work Ask To Move To North, North Is Swamped
Oct 19, 2013

If your bob never has work, ask to move to the north. We even got an e mail from the head of work routing, stating they need everyone to work.  That never happens.  If you need work and are constantly out, ask to move. ...

The Audio Seems Like It Is Getting Worse And Worse
Dec 03, 2013

on Fluency.   I have had problems with it all day.   ...

Is It Me Or Is ASR Just Getting Worse And Worse? Sm
Jun 26, 2010

I get really good dictators and the stupid machine screws up what is said and I am changing things all the time!  It is very frustrating and I should be getting more pay than I am because of this crap! ...

Which Is Worse?
Jul 27, 2010

Been sitting here a lot of the morning with NJA.  Then I finally get a 500+ second job and by George if it isn't a female resident who sounds like one of the Lollipop Guild from the Wizard of Oz.  I can't win anymore.  Let's see -- alcohol or drugs. . . . . . ...

Is It Me, Or Is DQS ASR Worse Every Day? (sm)
Sep 20, 2010

I thought this ASR crap was supposed to get better as it "learns" the doctors and their frequently-used phrases... didn't someone say that back in training? I'm talking about DSG in particular, but I know a lot of people use DQS ASR, so please bear with me. So, how come it now can't seem to get a single sentence without major corrections having to be done? I'm about ready to apply at McDonald's if this keeps up... my pay is about 1/3 of what it was when we did straight ...

Can It Really Get Worse?
Feb 14, 2011

I was terminated for reasons I won't go into here--after 9+ years at my last employer.  Thing is--I was looking anyway and informed potential employers that the company just was "no longer a good fit."  What finally tipped the balance was an e-mail we got a few months ago stating that after an MT had sent a certain percentage of reports to editing for comprehension issues, for instance, they would be penalized 0.03 cpl for doing so! Assuming this is legal, IMO, it's immoral ...

It Keeps Getting Worse
Feb 14, 2011

Now MTSO are offering 7 cents a line transcription and 3 cents editing??  When are we experienced MTs going to say enough is enough.  8 cents and 4 cents was bad enough, guess this is what they will try and get away with. ...

Worse Than Having No Job???
May 02, 2011

Hello all,I've been reading your messages regarding MedQuist and I'm a little confused about something. I see that most people are complaining about how horrible they are to work for, but what I'm wondering is, isn't working for them better than not having a job at all? I have only a little experience and am having a very difficult time finding work. I have been contacted by MedQuist and all of this talk makes me nervous. I am in dire need of a job though, so I'm thinkin ...

And It Gets Worse....
Oct 12, 2011

Had not heard of this before. Now it is automated dictation.  You know how the national weather service bulletins are computer generated voices, chopping and mispronouncing words, monotone, etc.?  Just got a call from a fellow MTE who is transcribing this type of dictation.  Very difficult.  I am disgusted.  All this technology has done is add steps to to accomplish a very simple job.  When I started in a doctor's office 30 years ago, we typed the dictation, pl ...

How Much Worse Can This ASR Get?
Jan 24, 2012

Dictator: The patient has a history of rheumatoid arthritis. ASR: The patient does have prior history of 12/11.   SERIOUSLY!!! ...

This Just Keeps Getting Worse
Apr 08, 2012

Dr dictates:  Levothyroxine ASR:  We both.  I are ox and Ludicrous! ...

Is It Really That Much Worse Than MM?
Feb 21, 2013

I really, really need another PT job right now, already work at MM, but am really getting close to broke.  I have looked and am still looking for other non-MT jobs, but need extra money now.   I just look at it as temporary.  I can do anything temporarily until I find something else.  Is it really that bad?  I read about the bad QA and FIESA.  I live in Ca, so IC is out of the question.  I guess I am just hoping part time will not be so stressful.&nbs ...

NJA-Seems A Whole Lot Worse
Jun 20, 2013

than before! ...

Does Anyone Else Do Worse When...
Mar 28, 2014

Like when you start a job and are on 100% QA. I am so nervous that I am missing so much that I shouldn't be missing.  A lot of it is having to learn a new platform and new dictators all at the same time.  For the first couple of days after their tech installed programs on my PC they were giving me instructions and the programs weren't working.  They had a different tech look at my PC and one of the programs wasn't even installed.  It seems like takes forever t ...

Why This Job Keeps On Getting Worse
Jun 11, 2014

The promise of the information age was as shiny as a brand new penny:  The availability of INFORMATION would make life better because we would have ready access to RELEVANT INFORMATION that would allow us to make INFORMED DECISIONS. Well, that promise assumes that people SHARE the information that they have, and hopefully do it in an honest and objective way. MT?  Ummm...Not so much.  I'm sick of this:  "I work for a great company that has a good platform, pays well an ...

Just When You Think MM ASR Can't Get Any Worse
May 01, 2015

Dictated:  Family history reviewed and noncontributory to his illness. SR:  Reviewed and noncontributory to her buttocks.   Got a good giggle on an otherwise horrible day! ...

ASR Suddenly MUCH Worse!!!
Nov 27, 2010

Has anyone noticed that fairly suddenly ASR recognition has gotten much worse.  I know it was pretty bad before, but now I've noticed that even with the clear dictators where in the past the ASR recognition was okay, it's now HORRIBLE.  Weren't we promised the ASR would get BETTER with time.  Didn't they LOWER our pay when they said it got better before.  So, wouldn't it only be fair to move the pay back UP now that it is so horriible and NOT improvin ...

Worse Dictators
Jun 05, 2012

I'm new to having to work work for a service. Recently the only work availabe has been the absolutely worst dictator I have ever done in my 25 years transcribing for hundreds of different doctors and specialties. With the platforms being used, can you tell if you are getting previous rejected jobs? There is no way to make more than $1. an hour with this guy. They also have Word programmed to delete one of the spaces between sentences, essentially a keystroke not being paid, as well as a ...

Notice How It's Getting Worse?
Feb 05, 2013

Everyday, fewer and fewer jobs to go around.  I start a part-time job as an IC for another company soon to help me with bills, but I'm not sure that's even going to cut it.  This is nuts. ...

ILPs Getting Worse?
May 18, 2013

Does it seem that the ILPs are leaving blanks for anything and everything lately?  I mean, most of the stuff is clear as day.  Then it goes through 2 ILP QA and they can't get it either, although I have long since realized that the other levels of QA don't even look at the report but just send it on anyway.   After about a year of being trying to be super MME and fixing all the ILP errors in their report (usually 10-20+ per report), I decided I didn't care about it ...

ASR Just Sucks And Getting Worse. Not One
Jul 16, 2013

ASR:   This is because of the patient recently had a TSH of 270 metabolic stress he has had assistant cold for the past 3 years. CORRECTED:  The patient is a 6-month-old female who is here today with her mother and brother. The patient has had a persistent cough for the past 2 months.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  I probably got 6 words that was correct in the whole fricken report.  I am counting down the days until I am outta of transcription for good.  Dict ...

Audio Getting Worse
Jul 22, 2013

Has anyone noticed audio getting much worse lately on reports. It's starting to make me crazy. ...

Quality Getting Worse?
Jan 22, 2014

I had some horrible reports lately! I had one today that was horrid that I know will get me a big fat FIESA report! Also a few others that were really bad. Has anyone else noticed this? ...

Just When You Thought It Could Not Get Any Worse
Apr 24, 2015

There is a job posting on that other board that is offering 5 cpl.  I was making 5 cpl in 1993. ...

Which Is Worse...offshoring Transcription Or
Jun 23, 2010

Don't laugh.  It could be considered..."free" labor you know. ...

Who Treats MTs Worse - MTSOs Or Other MTs?
Jul 11, 2010

Been lurking awhile and decided I had to make an observation about MT's on this forum who have no problem whatsoever when it comes to naming a company they hate, but then when they find a good company that treats them well, pays decently or is a desirable employer in some other way, they suddenly become very coy about naming that company. It's obvious that they're afraid someone else is going to belly up to the bar and squeeze them out, or take work away from them. You can see a ...

Speech Rec Getting Worse For Transcend
Jun 15, 2011

Any Transcenders out there noticing that all of a sudden the editing software is doing a more horrible job than normal?  I'm having to format all over the place things that would usually be formatted correctly, and it is coming up with entire sentences that sound nothing like what the dictator is saying, and not just ESLs but regular American doctors.  It is very frustrating having to put so much more work into these reports now for the 4 cpl I'm getting.  My line count ...

Could The Sound Quality Get Any Worse?
Nov 20, 2011

Is it just me or is the sound quality just getting worse and worse?  Distorted, static, background noise, on and on.  And these are doctors who used to be crystal clear.  I am adjusting the tone & jamming my headset onto my ears but that's a waste of time. Very frustrating.  Just my gripe o' the day. ...