A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

No Jobs in South - txmt

Posted: Jun 15, 2012

Is anyone else having problems getting work in the South region? It seems since Memorial Day it has been slow. Every morning there is no work and even in the evening there is no work. Where is it?

has been low in north as well - its in India

[ In Reply To ..]
Another holiday coming, it will get worse.

No jobs in South - fstype

[ In Reply To ..]
I've had the same experience for 3 weeks straight. Went for months without NJA, now cannot get in 1/2 my time.

I don't understand things, apparently accounts have gone to EMR, but they've added accounts to make up for that, but there is still no work, and I've heard people complain about mandatory overtime, and they are constantly hiring..... I'm confused. What I would really like for once is if anybody knows anything USEFUL... a ton of replies whining and complaining aren't going to help. Does anyone truly know what is going on with the South accounts?

south - fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
was told the big account went EPIC. I was informed that I have been moved to a new region (West), but haven't heard from new supervisor yet, so don't know where to log in today.

O. M. G. I'm in the western region and I HOPE they are not - adding more MTs to our BOB

[ In Reply To ..]
We have NO FREAKING WORK and if they are adding EVEN more MTs to accounts that already have no work I'm literally going to flip my lid.
Wow, what gives? - (SM)
[ In Reply To ..]
No work (or low work) in the North, South, AND West? What do you think is going on? How does a company this size run out of work so often?!
Oh don't think for a second the *company* runs out of work ... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
It's US that runs out of work. The work flow is very carefully controlled by the company - my CCM told me that most of a facility's work is shipped off to India, and only a tiny, tiny bit stays here in the US for us domestic employees to do. In the whole scheme of things we only get a single-digit percentage of the work that is available.
I believe that - there are lots of service centers
[ In Reply To ..]
way more than the 4 we are most familiar with, and a lot of them are in India.
India - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure that is correct. Awhile back someone had MM figures for the amount of work offshored last year and I think it was about 45%, which is much less than what I had thought.
Not sure India presents a threat. More like - technology.
[ In Reply To ..]
Technology/India - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I wish someone would come out and say what the future holds for the profession.
future of profession - Sickof itall
[ In Reply To ..]
Probably the same as the future of our country...in the toilet....1/2 of us will work to support the other 1/2 who does not.

Similar Messages:

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

Anyone In The South?
Dec 16, 2009

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with the South region? Why so much work all of a sudden?  Lots of late jobs and OT approved.  Just wondering. ...

NJA In The South
Mar 30, 2010

Or is it just me ??? And a question, if there is no work during my regularly scheduled hours, I don't HAVE to make up this time later do I -- I can just eat it right and go without ??   (am PT) ...

NJA In South/SE
Apr 14, 2010

Been having NJA for the past 2-3 days which hasn't happened in a very long time (since April of last year).  Haven't been able to work full shift.  Supervisor sent email last night about 3 new accounts starting today, calling it "Good News!" but still NJA.  What the heck is going on? ...

NJA In South
Jun 03, 2011

I have gotten exactly 2.4 hours this entire week!  Has anyone else in the Southeast Region experienced this? ...

Anyone In The South Have Work?
Apr 06, 2010

Or is it justme? I've NJA tonight. ...

NJA Off And On Every Day This Week In South
Oct 20, 2010

I don't remember what it was like to go a whole week, let alone a whole pay period without running out of jobs and having to spend nights and weekends to make it up while trying to plow through 10 different CPs to do so.  Arrggghhhh.  Is there an end in sight?  Just needed to rant a little. ...

NJA In The South Today
Oct 31, 2011

Odd to have NJA here.  We usually have so much backlog that we are offered OT a couple of times a month.  Feast or famine! ...

South Is Swamped!
Mar 09, 2012

Never seen it this bad.  Looked in the backlog and only a quarter of the usual amount are working.   People probably quitting.  I wonder why MModal has such a hard time keeping employees. ...

NJA In South - I Find That Odd
Nov 01, 2012

I haven't run out of work in MONTHS and this is the second day this week with NOTHING.  Wonder why?  My accounts aren't in the east.  ...

NJA? Request To Help In The South
Dec 14, 2012

Ask your CCM tonight to temporarily help out in the South if you are NJA.  I hate to draw people to my accounts and risk running out of work, but considering these accounts are going to go late in a couple of hours and they have already threatened to leave if TATs aren't met, it's worth the risk.  I just wonder who the bonehead is who handles workflow.  I wouldn't think it would be that hard to look at the statistics and move some NJA people to fill in some gaps.&nb ...

It's Snowing Down South!!!!
Jan 23, 2014

Transcription South - Any Info?
Dec 04, 2009

I have searched the archives and I don't find anything on this company.  Can anyone help?  Thanks! ...

North Versus South
Jan 07, 2010

I am wondering if the MTs working in the North region, which was recently pooled into one big region from what I understand, are getting enough work.  I know if they are doing it in the North, there is a strong probability they will do it in the South, so just wondering if its a good thing or a bad thing in your opinion to pull work from a centralized work pool.  Aside from the fact that working on multiple accounts can be a pain in the a** since all want different things.  All an ...

South Division. What A Mess!
Mar 08, 2010

Here I sit twiddling my thumbs because I can't work my regular schedule. When I signed on today, the audio was so low I could barely hear it. Muddled through the first report, straining. Second report comes up...same thing. Tried everything I could think of to no avail, unplugging speakers, turning off and on, etc, rebooting. Called Tech. They identified no problem. Said to send to QA so perhaps they could??? No reply from CCM (more than likely because she's bombarded with emails from ...

Happy Monday - NJA For Me In The South (SE?).
Apr 12, 2010

nm ...

What Was That About FTR Suspended In South Region?
Apr 29, 2010

I skimmed it, came back, and it was gone. ...

New CCM In The South Started Out Great....sm
Jun 27, 2010

She was sending out lots of emails full of useful information, but has now pretty much turned into the old CCM with no communication and NEVER answers her emails.   Anybody else with this problem? ...

Ah Yes, The Normal Thursday NJA In South. (nm)
Dec 09, 2010

xx ...

Heads Up For South Region
May 14, 2011

If any of you were low on work before, its going to get lower.  A big hospital just started to send some of their work to India. ...

Has Anyone Been Hired By Transcription South...sm
May 23, 2011

for the salaried QA positions and, if so, how has it been working for them?  ...

Nothing To Type This Morning In The South.
Aug 22, 2011

Secretary job which will pay just almost twice what I am making now.  I do so hope I get it. ...

Any Info On Transcription South?/nm
Sep 20, 2011

x ...

What Happened To The Account In The South?
Oct 31, 2011

What happened to the K hospital in the South Region?  It always had plenty of work, now none. ...

Anyone In The South Recently Had Their Threshold
Jan 13, 2012

Just wondered how it was working for you? Our CCM said it would not affect production.  I seem to be having to wait between jobs for the next one to load, which will ultimately affect production.  Is anyone else having this problem? ...

Transcription South In Florida
Apr 25, 2012

I have done a search and really no recent information on this company..am thinking about applying with them - anyone have any information good/bad/indifferent they can offer, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance! ...

Transcription South Pay Scale?
May 02, 2012

Does anyone know the pay scale or QA hourly rate...I was going to test but considering for QA you have to take 5 different tests with probably 3-4 reports each, I was kinda wondering what the pay scale was before doing all the testing? Anyone with any info would be greatly appreciated - thank you very much! ...

If You Need Work, Request Some From The South
Dec 19, 2012

I don't know if a bunch of MEs were canned or quit, but the work in the South has been overflowing for weeks, which is odd this time of year.  They could use help if you're good enough for the accounts.  ...

Transcription South - Any Feedback?
Oct 04, 2013

Have any of you heard of Transcription South and any feedback on them as a company?  Also they pay 1.15 for 1000 characters with 425,000 characters for pay period part-time.  What is that all about and what does it equal to?  Thanks ...

Inscribe, Llc - South Carolina
Feb 18, 2014

does any one have recent info on them? i think i read somewhere that they are not as friendly or one big family as their posting says they are. i also read somewhere that the owner is bipolar and that there is a transcription school attached to them, that their pay is low, and you get a million and one emails a day. i don't want to take their test and be told i failed even though i passed test. also, i am looking for information on one-on-one information services. they have a job posting o ...