A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

NJA off and on every day this week in South - Makes for a long week

Posted: Oct 20, 2010

I don't remember what it was like to go a whole week, let alone a whole pay period without running out of jobs and having to spend nights and weekends to make it up while trying to plow through 10 different CPs to do so.  Arrggghhhh.  Is there an end in sight?  Just needed to rant a little.

is there an east and west in this company - or just north and south

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that if there is an east and west, they must be the lucky ones with lots of work, and good communication, and no problems with 6.1, and maybe even get a primary!

I used to have daily work in North - Now NJA

[ In Reply To ..]
during 3rd shift every night. I'm praying I get on somewhere else soon, but no new job yet. I don't understand north region because some people do still get work consistently. I suppose it is just my prior accounts that went up in smoke.

West here - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Not had a problem with NJA yet. I am a tier 3 and am assigned 4 accounts, pretty difficult dictators, but usually plenty of work available. Of course, I work 3rd shift and a lot of work comes in late evening. They do run out sometimes during the day but overall our CCM works really hard to make sure that doesn't happen. She is great at scheduling and knowing where she needs people and when. ALWAYS WORK AVAILABLE ON THE WEEKEND!
Same here, West region - JAMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Teir 3, assigned 6 accounts (mostly get same 3 accounts) with other same-client accounts available if work gets low or a lot of STATS on those. ASR/Straight about 70/30. Never NJA (afternoon and night on split shift) and plenty of work in the evenings and on the weekends, and OT approved many weekends. Good CCM communication, great accounts, and no offshore (yet anyway).

I really feel for the MTs in regions where there is little work and count my blessings for landing in a good service area for the past 6 years.

SE - nothing much good, but usually have work - anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]

Blessed in the West - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
West region here. As the others stated, great CCM, steady work, usually, and rarely NJA; though, have had to shuffle around sometimes. That's probably why you didn't know there was a west, because we don't have a lot to complain about. Hopefully it stays that way, but you never know.

Similar Messages:

Phone Interview This Week. I Am In The South So
Nov 16, 2009

How is the phone interview?  What should I be made aware of.  Is this when I will be made an offer? ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Anyone In The South?
Dec 16, 2009

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with the South region? Why so much work all of a sudden?  Lots of late jobs and OT approved.  Just wondering. ...

NJA In The South
Mar 30, 2010

Or is it just me ??? And a question, if there is no work during my regularly scheduled hours, I don't HAVE to make up this time later do I -- I can just eat it right and go without ??   (am PT) ...

NJA In South/SE
Apr 14, 2010

Been having NJA for the past 2-3 days which hasn't happened in a very long time (since April of last year).  Haven't been able to work full shift.  Supervisor sent email last night about 3 new accounts starting today, calling it "Good News!" but still NJA.  What the heck is going on? ...

NJA In South
Jun 03, 2011

I have gotten exactly 2.4 hours this entire week!  Has anyone else in the Southeast Region experienced this? ...

Anyone In The South Have Work?
Apr 06, 2010

Or is it justme? I've NJA tonight. ...

NJA In The South Today
Oct 31, 2011

Odd to have NJA here.  We usually have so much backlog that we are offered OT a couple of times a month.  Feast or famine! ...

South Is Swamped!
Mar 09, 2012

Never seen it this bad.  Looked in the backlog and only a quarter of the usual amount are working.   People probably quitting.  I wonder why MModal has such a hard time keeping employees. ...

No Jobs In South
Jun 15, 2012

Is anyone else having problems getting work in the South region? It seems since Memorial Day it has been slow. Every morning there is no work and even in the evening there is no work. Where is it? ...

NJA In South - I Find That Odd
Nov 01, 2012

I haven't run out of work in MONTHS and this is the second day this week with NOTHING.  Wonder why?  My accounts aren't in the east.  ...

NJA? Request To Help In The South
Dec 14, 2012

Ask your CCM tonight to temporarily help out in the South if you are NJA.  I hate to draw people to my accounts and risk running out of work, but considering these accounts are going to go late in a couple of hours and they have already threatened to leave if TATs aren't met, it's worth the risk.  I just wonder who the bonehead is who handles workflow.  I wouldn't think it would be that hard to look at the statistics and move some NJA people to fill in some gaps.&nb ...

It's Snowing Down South!!!!
Jan 23, 2014

Transcription South - Any Info?
Dec 04, 2009

I have searched the archives and I don't find anything on this company.  Can anyone help?  Thanks! ...

North Versus South
Jan 07, 2010

I am wondering if the MTs working in the North region, which was recently pooled into one big region from what I understand, are getting enough work.  I know if they are doing it in the North, there is a strong probability they will do it in the South, so just wondering if its a good thing or a bad thing in your opinion to pull work from a centralized work pool.  Aside from the fact that working on multiple accounts can be a pain in the a** since all want different things.  All an ...

South Division. What A Mess!
Mar 08, 2010

Here I sit twiddling my thumbs because I can't work my regular schedule. When I signed on today, the audio was so low I could barely hear it. Muddled through the first report, straining. Second report comes up...same thing. Tried everything I could think of to no avail, unplugging speakers, turning off and on, etc, rebooting. Called Tech. They identified no problem. Said to send to QA so perhaps they could??? No reply from CCM (more than likely because she's bombarded with emails from ...

Happy Monday - NJA For Me In The South (SE?).
Apr 12, 2010

nm ...

What Was That About FTR Suspended In South Region?
Apr 29, 2010

I skimmed it, came back, and it was gone. ...

New CCM In The South Started Out Great....sm
Jun 27, 2010

She was sending out lots of emails full of useful information, but has now pretty much turned into the old CCM with no communication and NEVER answers her emails.   Anybody else with this problem? ...

Ah Yes, The Normal Thursday NJA In South. (nm)
Dec 09, 2010

xx ...

Heads Up For South Region
May 14, 2011

If any of you were low on work before, its going to get lower.  A big hospital just started to send some of their work to India. ...

Has Anyone Been Hired By Transcription South...sm
May 23, 2011

for the salaried QA positions and, if so, how has it been working for them?  ...

Nothing To Type This Morning In The South.
Aug 22, 2011

Secretary job which will pay just almost twice what I am making now.  I do so hope I get it. ...

Any Info On Transcription South?/nm
Sep 20, 2011

x ...

What Happened To The Account In The South?
Oct 31, 2011

What happened to the K hospital in the South Region?  It always had plenty of work, now none. ...

Anyone In The South Recently Had Their Threshold
Jan 13, 2012

Just wondered how it was working for you? Our CCM said it would not affect production.  I seem to be having to wait between jobs for the next one to load, which will ultimately affect production.  Is anyone else having this problem? ...