A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My wages have been cut in half since going from transcribing to SR - rip

Posted: May 27, 2014

My wages have been cut in half since going from transcribing to SR.  Anybody else?

Yeah, everybody's did - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll hold a place in the soup line for you.

They only pay half for VR, but it takes the same amount of time as straight - typing. Very unfair. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

and with the way ASR is now,,takes longer sometimes - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I prefer ASR! - anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I definitely make more money with ASR than with straight typing. I'm slow with straight typing, managing about 125-150 lph, but with ASR I average around 300-350, sometimes more if I get th good dictators.

Not everyone is faster with straight typing and some of us greatly prefer ASR! My wrists definitely prefer ASR!

Same here - TrampledUnderfoot

[ In Reply To ..]
I do okay with straight typing, but I can fly with ASR. And it is easier on your wrists. There's the occasional report that is so convoluted that straight typing would be easier, but for the most part, I prefer ASR.

funny, I never had problems with my hands - til I started ASR years ago.

[ In Reply To ..]
MM's ASR will need to get a lot better before I can say I like it. Plus the fact that I make thousands of dollars less every year.
Me too! Having to hold your hand in a claw all day to Ctrl arrow... It's killing me. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Why dont you use control on the left side with little finger and - use little finger on right for arrows? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
My wrists hurt since ASR also,,thought it was just me - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Wages - Working poor

[ In Reply To ..]
My wages have also been cut in half going from transcribing to speech recognition. I had to file bankruptcy in 2011, and now I am going through foreclosure on my condo. At this time, I am living with my elderly mother (who is very happy that I am living with her, and I am happy to be living with her, too). I am also going back to school to get a career in education. I am really grateful for second chances, though I am in my 50s, it is never too late for a new start.

With you working poor - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Did the foreclosure, the kind you pay back, almost done with that..But this most recent "paycut" with 99.7% accuracy, I can't afford my house anymore. So, getting ready to try and sell and if it forecloses first I don't care. I have never worked a job where I have improved and taken a 12,000 paycut over the past years.

oops mean did the bankruptcy - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Wages - Just You Wait - Victoria

[ In Reply To ..]
Most of us went to ASR years ago. We may not like it, but we are used to the pay cut by now. Now wait until you lose your good accounts to EPIC or overseas and you get left with the ca-ca accounts and watch your paycheck drop even further. I'm trying to look at the bright side and seeing if I will be able to live on the piddly Social Security you get with early retirement.

Wages - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
When I figured that I could make more money by taking early retirement (I'm 62) than I could by working, I went for it. I have 3 weeks left and then my life is my own.

Similar Messages:

How To You Transcribe This: Half 1% Lidocaine And Half Percent Marcaine.
Apr 22, 2010

x ...

Time And A Half Or Line And A Half Tomorrow
Jul 03, 2013

x ...

How Would You Type "half And Half 1% Lidocaine"
Oct 15, 2013

Low Wages
Jul 21, 2010

Isn't it amazing how the cpl never seems to rise for transcriptionists?  Have these companies ever heard of cost of living?  This is pretty pathetic.  It has been 7 to 8 cpl of twenty years! ...

0.5 Of 1% (or) One-half Of 1%.
Jun 10, 2011

Which is correct?   Thank you! ...

MT Wages
Dec 07, 2012

I want to congratulate everyone who posts on this site telling it like it is about the way these MT companies are destroying what once was a profession where you could make a decent living and actually enjoyed your job. I've been doing this for 30 years and I am still hanging on because I do not know what else to do at my age. I can barely pay my bills with what they are paying me and I am working full time. I am 68 years old and I really am not too excited about going back to school or sta ...

Pay Cut In Half?
Aug 26, 2013

With Fluency my pay will be cut in half - 4 cents now instead of 8 cents.......am scared to death. ...

Wages?
Oct 31, 2013

I've taken the tests and have been offered a job with Nuance but want to know if the wage offered was the standard wage for Nuance.  I was offered 8 cpl for straight trasncription and 4 cpl for editing.  This would be for clinics only.  I've heard acute care paid more, but I've only ever had clinic experience.  Do they ever offer raises?  They mentioned a bonus program, and I've seen notes on here about people saying they have had problems getting th ...

1/2 Pin Or Half Pin??
Feb 20, 2015

A 2.7 mm ___ pin was placed in bicortical fashion. ...

AP - Wages
Jun 04, 2015

How many are aware of the wage disparity between different accounts (they don't find it necessary to tell us such a silly detail as the hourly wage, you have to look it up online).  With the new accounts, some pay quite low (as low as MB that no one wants to work on) and it may be a shock for those working on those accounts when they get their paychecks! Is it right of them to ask/require us to help out?  My feeling is  it is costing me to work on those accounts, as it lowers ...

Where Your Lost MQ Wages Are Going
Aug 27, 2010

From an article written 2 days ago regarding MQ's settlement of a lawsuit filed by Kaiser against Medquist (which MQ settled for 2 million, by the way):   The company reported net revenues for the three months ended June 30, 2010 as increasing $20.1 million or 25.9 percent to $97.5 million compared to $77.5 million for the three months ended June 30, 2009. ...

Fair Wages
Feb 18, 2011

I think a fair wage should be in relation to the economy, that which allows you to meet your baseline financial needs without having to work a second job or long hours.  I worked for a service back in the early 80s for 6.5 cents per line.  Today, nearly 30 years later, they're offering 7.5 cents per line, yet costs are sky-high.   It's pathetic.  It's sweatshop third world.  It's true, we're stuck with the way things are, but ...

WAGES-other Questions
Feb 27, 2011

I have been an MT for over 10 years for a hosital.  I am considering working for Medquist.  I currently make 19 per hour but my job is going away. I know   I can produce about 1700 lines per day mostly ISR work. Questions: How much does MQ pay per line for ISR (voice recognition) reports. Also what is the minimum work they require (lines per day). Do they pay PTO for part time? Do you get any incentives for weekend work?   How often do you run out of work? How m ...

No Raises In MT Wages
May 10, 2011

Is anyone else fed up with the fact that the wages for MTs never go up?  It has been the same low rate for years!  ...

Been Here Half A Year
Aug 18, 2011

Ive never not given a notice, but I interviewed today and might get the job. You all know the deal, I just can't afford to work here and they want to fill the position Im trying for immediately.  Do you think after only 6 months, I have to give them a notice?  If so, how much of one?  It feels so wrong to just up and quit, but I can't pay my bills!  Another 2 weeks, or even one just puts me further in the whole.  I made more on unemployment! ...

Wages Owed - Help Me Out Here
Mar 10, 2012

I've got the form to file a complaint re:  Not getting paid for research, verifying patient name, cruddy dictators who shouldn't be in VR/ASR, etc. The person filing the complaint has to figure out how much the employer owes - any suggestions, or examples?  Say, for over a year's time? My example would be:  It takes 8 minutes to go through all my emails (a requirement of my job) weekly (yes, I timed myself) - so that's 8 x 4 = 32 minutes a month JUST for emai ...

Pathetic Wages
Mar 17, 2012

Does anyone else feel this way, work hard, trying to do a good job, need to pay the bills, need the insurance and end up with $80 for a full day's work and that is sometimes on a good day but $10.00 per hour seems to be on average what I get, after looking up docs, looking up meds, relistening to blanks, relistening to diagnosis, trying to understand lab values and yada, yada, yada.  Everyday becomes a marathon just to make $10 bucks an hour - haven't earned so little for man ...

Comparative Wages
Nov 07, 2012

Learned from my son yesterday that babysitters in Boulder, CO get $15/hour.  Do you think they have more training and experience than we do? ...

1 Little Job In Half An Hour
Jan 24, 2013

13 jobs in 2 days. Love it!  Make sure to put it in Remedy though so they can keep track and work later hours when jobs are there. Sorry, that's not an option for me.  ...

Anyone Want My Rad Work...i'll Pay U Half
Jan 28, 2013

Im loaded with work, over 400 jobs on the system and i just dont feel like doing it.  How's that....sell off my work hahaha, act like MModal and let someone else do it for "half".      ...

And I Get Paid Half For This?
Sep 11, 2013

Dictated: and if he does okay, will send him home. ASR: he had a dislocation of the long pants array. So close ASR, so close!! American doctor, no accent, clear as day. But thanks for trying If it was an occasional thing, I could understand but seems to be getting worse rather then better. ...

Unemployment Wages
Nov 18, 2013

If you are a production employee, employee status, do youl qualify for unemployment benefits (Nuance, formerly Accentus, formerly Zylomed)? ...

Wages And Compensation
Aug 07, 2014

I came into this field long after the precedent was set on pay.  I knew coming into this that the average wage ran from 6 cpl to 10 cpl, with most jobs hovering around 7 to 8 cpl.  What I didn't account for was that in more than 10 or 15 years, we'd still be at that rate.  Not only has our wage not gone up in over a decade, even with cost of living increases, but that when they came out with speech recognition, someone thought, "Well, it's doing half the work, so y ...

TTS Ridiculous Wages
Feb 19, 2015

It kinda looks like TTS can't get anyone to work for them with their ridiculous wages.  You'd think they would have figured it out by now.  ...

Question About Garnishment Of Wages
Nov 10, 2009

I just recently found out that my wages are being garnished.  I knew it was coming and I decided maybe it wasn't a bad idea in order to pay back this debt.  The problem is they are taking 20% of my disposable income which is a considerable amount!  I am a single mom with two kids and 20% is simply too much and doesn't leave us much to live on.  I did my research and found that in the state of Missouri if you are head of household and the only income, a creditor can ...

Those Owed Wages By DIT Please Read!!!
Jul 10, 2010

I worked for DIT from 01/10 through 03/10.  I quit when I didn't receive my first paycheck on time.  At this point DIT still owes me $278.  From the other posts I've seen, it looks like DIT Transcription has been doing this to their MTs for a couple of years now.  They just brought on a bunch of new clinics, yet my final paycheck from them bounced.  To add insult to injury, my bank charged ME an NSF fee.   Both the South Carolina Labor Board and State of ...

If Your Glass Is Half Empty
Jul 20, 2010

If your glass is half empty, read on...  It’s those rose colored glasses I wear, I guess.  Just trying to reach out and have an open dialogue about the future of our jobs and the way we’ve been treated.  If  my posts irritate you, move on, but why attack?  Couldn’t you use those language skills you have for something other than pooping in your own nest?  Animals don’t even do that.  I thought we were all in this together. &n ...

Angina Class III To III And A Half??
Aug 20, 2010

Has anyone come across this...dictator says...angina class III to III and a half.  Would that be the proper way of putting in report??? ...

Followup To Fair Wages
Feb 18, 2011

Serious question: Why do you stay? ...

How To Transcribe - Is It One-half Maintenance? 
Mar 02, 2011

one and a half maintenance?  Is it one-half maintenance?  ...