A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My hospital outsourced to M*Modal. - CJB

Posted: May 05, 2015

So I've been a transcriptionist for 15 years, the last 8 years I've been self-employed, contracted to a local hospital (recently bought out by a bigger hospital), and several family practices and nursing homes.  The hospital decided to oursource transcription to M*Modal, with each of us getting an "offer" from M*Modal (thus preventing the employed transcriptionists from being able to draw unemployment, nice).  I accepted the offer while still looking into other jobs locally, maybe starting something new.  I am scared to death, to be honest.  I have yet to read one good thing about this company.  I am used to being paid by the line, but I'm going from .12 per line to 0.9 per line and although there are benefits, I had a contract like this a couple of years ago and hated it.  They were SO peculiar about tiny things like comma placement, etc.  I have a Master's in English (don't ask why I got into transcription, long story) so I tend to think I know how to spell and where to put a comma most of the time!  They are being really nice to me right now, sending me these e-mails about how they can't wait for me to start working for them.  This board scares me to death!  I feel like I should be running as fast as I can in the other direction!  I have elderly parents at home that I help take care of and live in a very rural area without many decent employment opportunities, no matter what your education or experience.  I start my training next week.  Any advice?   

They say 9 cents a line - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
most of the work is ASR and that pays half your line count. Be prepared for a huge pay cut. My advice is, start looking and the second you can get out, get out.

Yes, they quoted .05 per line... - CJB

[ In Reply To ..]
I have applications out there, just worried that I won't find anything right away where I live. I figure I at least have that first 1-2 months where I get paid by the hour to find something, right?

Did they tell you you would paid by the hour for - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
that long? As I wrote below, I was in your shoes and when I was switched off my familiar accounts and platform, our team was only paid by the hour/training pay for one week. Obviously, the second week we made practically nothing, but we were told "good news! we'll make it up to make sure you get minimum wage". Really? That's good news?
Oh wow! - CJB
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe I heard them wrong, but I thought they said there would be a probation period that was about a month long where we would be paid $10 an hour. Yikes!

Yes, right - Florence

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, stay until you find something else. But don't get sucked into staying any longer than you have to. That Master's in English will be your downfall. You will have to throw everything out the window that you learned and do it their way -- mind you their way changes from auditor to auditor and has no rhyme or reason. You will get a paycheck in a timely fashion, but that is the only positive. You will not get any accounts you were promised, you will get awful ASR for 98% of your dictations with 100s of different client profiles to speed read. It just gets worse every day -- all of it -- run for the hills -- but do it all on your terms. Good luck.

9 cpl is only for straight transcription - You will do 99.9% ASR

[ In Reply To ..]
which pays about half of that. Run, if you can!

Thats... - CJB

[ In Reply To ..]
That's what I figured. Thank you!

My experience..... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for a company that got bought out by MM and went through the same thing. Everybody was very nice, I'd be paid 9 for straight and 5 for VR, keep my accounts"for now", same supervisor, we were valued, etc. I was switched off accounts and supervisor within 2 months. You don't make 9 because you will only get VR. To make a long story short, I went from assigned accounts to 25+ all over the country (from NH, to Alaska, to Texas, all over - you could never become familiar enough with addresses/referring doctors/facilities to make any money), nitpicky OFFSHORE QA, monitoring of keyboard time, pages of account specs, and yes, LITERALLY making minimum wage at times even though I have 25+ years of experience, including QA. It was awful. The only positives were all 3 supervisors I had were great (I was switched around to 3 different platforms - Fluency was the worst), my M-F schedule, and the health insurance, but I literally would be in tears of frustration some days. The high stress and low pay outweighed everything else. I gave it 2 years, and quit effective immediately. Now work for a small family-owned company and enjoy my job again.

Thank you. - CJB

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate your feedback more than you can know.

CBJ I have had a good experience with MM. I make about $16/h - but I do have good accounts and

[ In Reply To ..]
a decent HDSM. Just wanted you to know not everybody hates MModal. Just seems that most of the people who come here do. You have to consider your audience. The happy ones don't seek out a board to complain about the company.

Best of luck to you!

Sounds like you are lucky. 99% of what I get is horrid. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
Every once in a while 1 get a good report, and they have all been out of my BOB.

You must have accounts with ADT that doesn't have to be filled in, no cc's, perfect ASR and/or standards, or you have a lot of straight typing.

$16 = 400 lph at 4 pennies a line or slightly over 300 lph at 5 pennies a line.

Highest ASR lph I have gotten is 200. With the time spent on patient demographics, huge amount of editing and sound issues, I usually can only do 165.

I have gone from $20 hour to minimum wage. And yes I am going to school towards a job with a living wage and requires face-to-face contact which can't be done remotely,i.e. offshore.

Thank you! - CJB

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate your feedback. I have a lot of people telling me "just give it a chance" but minimum wage is just not a chance I'm willing to take. I will give it a chance, but if something stable with decent pay comes along, I think I'll have to go with the certainty of not having to worry about being good enough and having my accounts shifted around all the time.

the happy ones have good accounts and make 16 an hour - which is RARE

[ In Reply To ..]
Which is why there is so much complaining. Do the horrible accounts and get a crappy HDSM and see what happens!

sucks to be us, the ones - who dont make $16 an hour

[ In Reply To ..]
And don't have a decent HDSM. I bet deep down the ones who make that $16/hour think that the rest of us could if we'd just get busy, by golly!

I CALL TOTAL BS - MTFedUp

[ In Reply To ..]
Send a paycheck stub. Don't believe one word of what you are saying. Your math is NOT possible at this company.
sorry you dont believe me. i do mostly notes - level 2 MT
[ In Reply To ..]
refuse to test up to tier 3 or MME. I want to stay with the easy reports. It has paid off for me, however, I know I may be first in line for a layoff. I am willing to take that risk.
I am exactly in your same position - and I also make ~$16
[ In Reply To ..]
I also was trained extensively for VR, so I actually prefer VR accounts and have gotten really fast at editing. Different (key)strokes for different folks! ;)
i prefer VR also - level 2 MT
[ In Reply To ..]
it's faster, I speed read and can skip ahead with familiar dictators
Just curious, what level MT are you? The lower levels seem to be making - more because of easier work. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
When the dictators reach a certain difficulty, - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
they really should have to pay hourly for it. It's really not fair the way it's set up now.
Well yeah, level 2 gravy work. I do the crazy hard stuff and - lucky to make minimum.
[ In Reply To ..]
Experience and quality do not pay at this company. Hire in at the lowest tier & get the easiest stuff you can get. It's the only way to make any money.
I happen to think level 3 work is the gravy work - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Operative reports are the money maker for me. I would never be able to make $18 an hour without them. I hate clinic notes, all those piddling little reports, it takes so many to make any lines on. Give me a huge OP report and I can rack up 100 lines in 5 minutes.
I call BS - mhm
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree w/you MTFedUp! I think there's a mole writing in this forum...
and you are ridiculous - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
you are ridiculous - mhm
[ In Reply To ..]
:)
Why would you not believe someone - who happens to make decent money
[ In Reply To ..]
I make at least $18 an hour, and I have no reason to lie about it. I have great accounts and get to stay in my main accounts 99% of the time. I am not in love with this company for many reasons, but I'm still making a decent living, and feel sorry for those of you who don't.
decent money? ;) - mhm
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh look, another "mole" in the forum. They'll do anything to make this look like a well paying company because they need MTs and are having a hard time hiring new MTs due to their preceding reputation. :)
Not a mole, just a regular peon like everyone - else
[ In Reply To ..]
I am in no way trying to insinuate that this is a well-paying company, but through hard work and with the luck of a decent account, I (and obviously others) am able to make decent money. I don't recommend that anyone hire-on with this company. I don't even recommend this profession to anyone any more. If one more thing changes with this company or they try to move me from my accounts, I will quit on the spot. Just because there are people who are still surviving working for this hell of a company, doesn't mean they are a "mole."

Time for you - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
To get your accounts changed and let someone else have the easy work and make more money! Will see if you complain when your pay drops!
Yep! Their setup is BS. The best make the least. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
"the best make the least" - mhm
[ In Reply To ..]
"You're ridiculous," "NO MESSAGE" :)
What? What's with the quotes, and obviously there was a message - inside. Does not make sense. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
"Does not make sense." - mhm
[ In Reply To ..]
NO MESSAGE, perhaps you should pay closer attention to what you post on others posts on here. How is that you can post "You are ridiculous," but it's a crime when someone quotes on your post exactly what you posted on theirs? Seems someone cannot take a dose of their own medicine. Perhaps you should think first before you post snide remarks on what others post?.... Thought for the day NO MESSAGE....
Wait, do you think just one person signs "NM"? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
That is just internet shorthand meaning there is no message inside, so no need to click it. It's not a person. And "SM" means "see message."
"NM" - mhm
[ In Reply To ..]
Really? No, of course not. I think NM - "NO MESSAGE" and SM (perhaps abbreviated for SMALL MIND) are one and the same person posing as two.... LOL!!! ;)
There are dozens if not hundreds of people on this site who sign nm and sm. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I posted above 'the best make the least,' but I never called anyone ridiculous. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You are either confusing me with another poster or you replied to the wrong post.
How is it ridiculous? I don't think anyone here - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
would dispute the fact that the more experience you have, the worst garbage they put you on, thereby drastically decreasing your pay. Hence, yes, the best do make the least here.
Tier 3 - CJB
[ In Reply To ..]
So I should be incredibly worried that they are starting me as a "Tier 3" level, right? The hospital that I type for, the one that is outsourcing (starting yesterday, actually), 98% of the physicians there are well-spoken and easy to type. So, does this mean they will likely be the ones that transition quickly to voice recognition and therefore no straight dictation from them? Great.
Well, you can bet 98% won't be well-spoken here. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I have a lot of bad ones & some good ones, but one benefit is you can see previous reports right on your Fluency screen which helps with the bad ones, and of course you semi get used to some of them eventually. I definitely make quite a bit less money now though since our buyout. Really all you can do is try it out & see what they stick you with, and if it's too awful, start looking for something better out there. There's no harm in giving it a whirl in case you get lucky & get some decent accounts, but I would advise you make the decision to stay or go before they suck the life out of you & you're too tired and burnt out to even try to find another job! I swear that's the point I'm at these days, but I do the worst of the worst.

I believe you because I used to make good money too, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
but you better enjoy it while it lasts is all I can say. One day with no warning, out of the blue, you'll find yourself thrown onto god-awful accounts where you can't hear them or understand them & be about to have a nervous breakdown trying to make minimum wage.
That is exactly what happened to me - too
[ In Reply To ..]
used to make $16/hour, now minimum wage which is $7.65/hour for my state. It can happen to anyone. I have never in 10 years had a PM and always had high line counts, never called in sick, none of it matters to them.

by the way... you dont have to accept the offer - and still get unemployment

[ In Reply To ..]
You will be making half (or less than half) of what you do now, and due to that you do not have to accept the offer! They are just saying that because they need you to do the work until they train enough Indians to take the accounts over. Call your unemployment office and ask. You said your making 12 cpl now and they offered you 5 cpl (you will never get straight typing again) for the same job and same accounts.

Well... - CJB

[ In Reply To ..]
I did go ahead and accept the offer about a month ago, so, I guess I'm too late for that! Being self-employed, I just didn't know what the best approach would be. I am always open to learning new things and at the time thought of it as maybe a good opportunity. However, the more I read about this company, the more fearful I have become.

M*Modal - smmt

[ In Reply To ..]
It depends on what platform you will be working on/in. I was on Fluency for years with all the problems noted on this board. One year ago, I switched to a different BOB that uses SpeechMotion. What a difference! No more running out of work, didn't need partial unemployment. There are still bad dictators, but that's nothing new. There was a little bit of a learning curve, but I'm glad I'm out of Fluency!
Fluency - CJB
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been told we will be working on Fluency. :(

I have a stupid question - what is BOB?
to: Fluency - CJB - naturegal
[ In Reply To ..]
not a stupid question - book of business. I'll put in my 2 cents worth. You said that you had decent opportunities where you live - actively pursue those. This place will frustrate you every which way you turn and wear you down. You said you are caring for elderly parents - that in itself is demanding and this job will drain you and I don't think you need that.

Whatever you decide, best of luck to you.
Fluency is one of the better platforms - Doing just fine
[ In Reply To ..]
Most of your happiness/unhappiness at Mmodal depends on your supervisor. When Mmodal lost my main account she put me on one that was even better. When work is slow she finds us work. If we have problems with a dictator/sound quality she gets it fixed. When I email her, she actually emails back.

We have had overtime since practically October. I average about 275-300 lph consistently. Fluency is one of the best platforms. Learn your keystrokes and set up your abbreviations. Life is not all bad at Mmodal. You just need to be smarter than the programmers and figure out ways to make Fluency work for you. Time is money so anything you can do to keep your foot down on the pedal and fly through the reports will make you money. Best of luck.
Agree, Fluency is one of the best around. nm - Good luck to you!
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

They will just change that to a lower rate - once you are working for them

[ In Reply To ..]
I started out at 0.075 a line and they have gradually cut me down to 0.465 a line and also give me really horrible accounts so I usually only get minimum wage

Hospital outsourced to MModal - Hoosiermt

[ In Reply To ..]
That is exactly what happened to me....everything you mentioned in your post. We had 3 transcriptionists on our hospital side and I'm the only one left here. I'm desperately trying to find other employment. I'd make more money quitting this job and going on welfare!!!! It's pathetic!!!

Hospital Outsourced - Do not work for MM

[ In Reply To ..]
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. Check with the unemployment office and see what you can do to collect unemployment. If they ask you why you don't want to take the job that was offered to you, tell them the honest truth. First off you will take a huge pay cut and in the long run make minimum wage. You will be given horrible accounts, horrible sound, voice that never, ever seems to change except from bad to worse, management that will treat you like dirt, so many client profiles, you can't keep them straight, monitored on your "inactive" time. Better get a catheter or have a pot near your computer for bathroom breaks. You have to work holidays, even though there isn't any work, until you can get approved time off. Seniority doesn't count for anything in that regard. Probably made to work a weekend day and if not in the beginning, it will happen sooner or later. They will promise things to you, sweet talk to you and then you will discover it is all lies.

I cannot stress enough to run from this company from the devil. They are making their money and don't give a squat about the MTs that have made them the money.

You will take a back seat to India MTs and probably have to clean up their work.

Again, don't even consider it. You must have a McDonalds or some other fast foot chain in your town; work there if you have to. This place is the pits and the people who run it are pond scum.

Nuff said!

I love your candor! - CJB

[ In Reply To ..]
You just said 99.9% of what I've read all over the web about this company. Thank you!

Best of luck - lovemydane

[ In Reply To ..]
My husband was in the US Navy for over 25 years. He used to tell new recruits "it is what you make it." I think that applies for MModal. With the Navy we traveled every 3 years, he was deployed for 12+ months without family, he was sent to Iraq twice... MM is the only thing I had that was "stable." I lived in areas where there were no friends or family, MM was my "family." MM was able to travel with me so we were able to have steady income. I hate that I do not get paid what I feel I deserve, but I make more than my husband did in the Navy... that's right, the US military does not pay minimum wage for our service members who are on 24/7, even if they are on leave, they are still "on-call." I have somehow been lucky enough to have the same "primary" account for some time now, probably because they are truly AWFUL dictators and accounts and no one else wants to do it and I'm a "pro" at it, lol. We have OT A LOT. We have nit-picky auditors who cannot make up their mind one way or another on how we are supposed to do such an such, we are constantly "watched," our inactive time/active time is recorded. So while MM has truly crappy administration, "it is what you make it." I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you. - CJB

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate your feedback. Hearing everyone's experiences really helps in keeping my eyes open going forward. Thank you so much for taking the time.

My Experience - WorkingMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, don't know what to tell you what to do, but will tell you this. I have been with "this" company for 17 years, been through 3 take overs and it had done nothing but gotten worse every time, now a new CEO every year, and it gets worse every time. What schedule did they offer you tell you, you would work. If they offered you M-F 9-5, etc. get it in writing that they cannot change this on you. They now send out e-mails showing the gaps in your "group" and if you do not volunteer to change your hours to fill in the gaps, if nobody steps forward they will change your hours without even asking what your life schedule is. As far as I understand they have lost a lot of MTS recently because of this which has made the situation worse as right after they did this a few months ago,they did it again because I think people quit. We are very, very busy lately and had had 1-hour mandatory OT for EVERY scheduled day, so for me who works 6 days for a 40 hour week that's 6 hours. I did it for 2 months, and at this point, I am refusing. No one called me last week when I only gave them a few hours as that is really all I had in me, I too am getting to my breaking point and the only reason I keep doing this job is I live at least 45 minutes from the nearest town and hate driving in the winter. Fortunately, I have a wonderful husband with a good job and if I decide to up and leave, we will be fine. I could go on, and on, but please be warned, you will not make anywhere near what you were making (I made 40,0000 dollars 5 years ago) and now make maybe 27,0000. Used to work M-F 8-4 now work M-F 12-8 or 7 pm and Sunday nights 7-11 pm. Make sure you have guarantees on hours and they will not change them on you. Sorry, I truly love what I do, but am getting sick of being screwed over.

Thank you. - CJB

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate you taking the time. I love what I do because I've worked for the same people for 15 years, I make 12 cpl on all 3 of my contracts, sadly all 3 of those contracts were gobbled up by M*Modal, which started yesterday. I am currently helping on the backlog left behind with the hospital account (when they announced the change, the employed transcriptionists had all kinds of reactions, from one having a stroke, kid you not, to just not really putting in the time and effort - why bother?) so I bought myself some time by being the only contractor, therefore I am the only one left to help with the backlog until next week. My training with M*Modal is set for next week with a start date immediately thereafter. I am petrified. I have applications out there and just keep praying for the phone to ring! Thank you again for taking the time. I appreciate it.

Similar Messages:

Mediscribes Our Hospital Outsourced
Aug 05, 2012

Our area hospital just outsourced 23 medical transcribers jobs to Mediscribes.   ...

My Hospital Outsourced Our Department Today.
Mar 01, 2010

I'm pretty bitter! ...

Hospital In Steubenville, Ohio Outsourced
Jan 08, 2015

Does anyone know which "national company" is going to be doing the transcription at the hospital in Steubenville, Ohio?  Just saw on the news tonight that the whole department is being outsourced.  ...

We Just Found Out Our Hospital Jobs Have Been Outsourced To Nuance.... Sm
Feb 20, 2015

We just found out our hospital jobs are being outsourced to Nuance.  I am really worried.  From the webinar we attended, Nuance said all the right things and it didn't sound too bad, but it sure doesn't mesh with what I'm reading here.  We have to make a decision about whether to go with them or not by next week, and I don't feel like I have all the answers I need yet.  I feel like I'm being pressured.    I want to ask them questions b ...

Being Outsourced To M-Modal
Jul 10, 2012

I have a few questions for anyone who is in fact an employee of M-Modal.  My current employer just informed us that we were being outsourced to M-Modal.  We, being 12-13 MTs, are really freaking out.  We are hearing all of these "not so good" reviews and really we do not know who or what to believe.  Management says we will be offered jobs individually with M-Modal, as they really want to keep the current MTs on the region and doing this hospital's transcription, but from what I gathe ...

My Company Was Outsourced To M*Modal.
Jul 08, 2014

Hi: My company has been outsourced to M*Modal. I am used to getting paid by the hour. I wanted to know from transcriptonists who are presently hired by them, how much can I expect realistically to make in 4 hours working part-time from Tuesday to Saturday? Can someone please respond to this post. Thank you, Worried about future pay.... :( ...

Hospital Acct Now M-Modal
Feb 05, 2014

Hospital is going to M-Modal. M-Modal said they would hire the in-house MTs. But I see on the board there is not a lot of work. Hospital normally has work 24/7. I guess this will change with MM taking over, right? We will have 23 jobs cut out here. So, do I have a chance of making money with MM? I am sorry, I am not being disrespectful, but it is making me almost sick. ...

Does Anyone Work For A Hospital, But You Live Out Of State From That Hospital?
Aug 13, 2010

Or how from that hospital do you live? ...

Changing To Canada Hospital From US Hospital Transcription
Jul 20, 2012

I have taken a new job to transcribe for a hospital in Canada.  What are the differences?  Can you post (or email me) links for websites that you use for references - looking up doctors, meds, etc.  Is the spelling different? ...

OUTSOURCED
May 25, 2010

I was getting ready to start coding classes and started reading about it being outsourced.  I do not want to be in the same boat as I am now with transcription. Should I just give up on coding all together and look into something else? ...

Outsourced Again
Dec 28, 2011

The hospital where I worked decided to outsource us. They did it in the worst way possible, they call us in for a meeting but it is not on the usual date of our dept meetings. The CFO, HR, and the new transcription company are at the head of the table. The CFO says, "the hospital has decided to award our transcription to ______ (starts with a W)." That's all he said! No gratitude (some have worked there for 40, 24, 11, 8 years), no severance package. By state or federal law, when they l ...

OUTSOURCED!!!!!
Jul 05, 2013

Nuance just bought our hospital.   :(    Is all this stuff true on these boards?   Should we transition or bail?   I am so very scared after reading all this stuff.   ...

Just Getting Outsourced!!
Jan 12, 2015

Getting outsourced to Precyse?  Anybody know anything? Must work at least one day a weekend, less money........could retire, I am 62, but not much $$ there! ...

Outsourced To Transcend
Jan 27, 2012

Just found out my hospital job is being outsourced to Transcend.  They offered me job and promise we can keep same account.  The line rate is about the same. They said we would keep same schedules.  Would have to learn Voice Rec.    Anybody else go through this.  We only have 2 days to give them an answer.  ...

More Fields Being Outsourced - S/m
Jul 26, 2012

I was reading the Tampa Tribune last night.  There was an article regarding outsourcing.  It talked about x-rays and scans being sent to India and the Phillipines (which we all know happens), but the article said now insurance companies, instead of having nurses on staff to assist patients pre and post-op, as well as answering medical questions, will be using "overseas people" in, again, India and the Phillipines.  Why you ask?  Because they work for peanuts.  Personall ...

Signs Job Outsourced
Aug 11, 2013

I have read the conversations here with such deep compassion for the fear and hopelessness most are experiencing in this transition from proud profession to extinction.  From my cocoon of full benefit hospital system position, I still deeply empathized with my fellow MTs in distress.  I have the sense that I will soon join your ranks and would like to ask what are the signs that your hospital/service is preparing to "save money" by throwing their dedicated employees into the giant cess ...

Coding Is Being Outsourced
Sep 24, 2013

Have 2 year degree and was a coder at a hospital until it went to India. Don't waste your time or money on these classes or the exam. There are no jobs. All medical record work is going to India, same as transcription. ...

Questions To Ask MT Service--being Outsourced...
Jan 22, 2010

Our transcription department was informed yesterday that we are going to be laid off and our work outsourced to 1 of 2 companies vying for the contract.  Of course, as in most cases, we transcriptionists have been given the option to apply to work for the company who is given the contract.  I'm wondering if any of you gals here might have suggestions as to what kinds of questions to ask the "recruiters" of these companies besides the obvious, i.e., pay per line, benefits, shift di ...

MModal Hiring Outsourced? Since When?
Jul 18, 2012

Looking at MModal website and it used to have a careers link.  I don't see that anymore, but on the contact page it looks to me like hiring is now being done at a place called TheRightThingInc.Com.  ...

Who Is The Company That Outsourced To India
Dec 16, 2012

RSS    Text Size Print  Share This Home / news / local / $140 Million Verdict in Baldwin County (File) By: WKRG Staff | WKRG Published: December 14, 2012 Updated: December 14, 2012 - 1:54 PM »  Comments | Post a Comment BALDWIN COUNTY, Alabama -- On December 13, 2012, a Baldwin County, Alabama, jury returned a 140 million wrongful death verdict. The lawsuit stated Thomas Hospital outsourced its medical transcription service to I ...

Possibly About To Be Outsourced To Mediscribes
Aug 07, 2013

Management says they are considering 4 MTSOs, and that we will probably be offered jobs with whichever they choose. Mediscribes is one of the four, so we have lots of questions about Mediscribes: Has anyone else here been hired by Mediscribes because their hospital outsourced to them? Did they keep you on the same account? Did they bring you on at one rate of pay, then cut your pay later (like Nuance does)? If yes, how much later and to what rate of pay? And for any Mediscribe ...

India Outsourcing Being Outsourced
Oct 21, 2013

Forgive me if this topic has been covered and/or beat to death, but were most of you aware that not only does Nuance outsource some/a good portion of the work to India, but that Nuance India actually outsources their work to other companies? It is one thing that they're sending it oversees in the first place, but then once it goes to another company, and potentially another one after that if they're anything like US companies... I have an issue with that.  This makes me so sick! ...

Outsourced Call Centers Return To U.S.
Aug 27, 2010

Nothing about MT but its a start. Here's the link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129406588&ft=1&f=1003 ...

Outsourced Episode On Dewali Holiday
Jan 03, 2011

Did anyone see this episode a few days ago? Very interesting. I don't usually watch this, caught it by accident this time, but could we learn something about the Indian culture to help us get our jobs back??? Am I just dreaming or crazy? Still not back to normal after being forced out of my $20/hour job by NJA and min wage, now working at one of the big box stores for a little more, a lot of lifting, but can make it with partial unemployment. It's hard to start over at my age 60+ but I ...

Looks Like They Outsourced The Email People To India Too
Apr 08, 2013

Logged in to Ipswitch today with multiple spam emails that should be considered porn along with some emails that state I purchased plane tickets and internet pharmacy things when I did not.  This is what my raise went for instead?  I get more email that is spam than I do actual emails from Mmodal.  Looks like India recently got the job of monitoring the email.  Fantastic job guys.  Even my personal email does a better job at filtering t ...

Outsourced To Amphion - Took Job With Them, You Guys Have Recent Opinions?
Mar 05, 2010

I researched them a couple of years ago and people liked working for them.  This still the case? ...

Is Coding A Waste Of Time And Is It Really Be Outsourced To India?
May 20, 2010

this is quite worrisome! ...

Outsourced Call Center Work Being Brought Back To The US
Aug 18, 2010

Its about time!!!  Hopefully some MT will follow suit? http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/top-stocks/default.aspx?feat=1794247&GT1=33002 ...

Precyse Solutions - Medical Records Department Has Just Been Outsourced
Sep 15, 2010

Our medical records department has just been outsourced to Precyse solutions.  I have looked at a lot of posts, but most are old and I was wondering if anyone has any input to help me decide to take a job there.... thanks in advance! ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...