A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MModal computers and more than one - redmaj

Posted: Oct 30, 2012

Does anyone know if it is possible to get 2 Mmodal computers?  I live with my youngest son and my oldest would like me to stay with him half the week- just wondering if I could have an Mmodal computer at 2 different locations. 

Doubt it - not providing them anymore

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Not sure for that reason, but I have - flmt

[ In Reply To ..]
3 different MMODAL computers because I have accounts that can't be on the same computer because the different software for them do not function on the same computer.

Put the program on your personal puter - MT ready for the looney bin

[ In Reply To ..]
Why can't you use a laptop to take with you or a personal computer at your son's house to do the work? Computers, especially if you get one with Win 7 or Win XP on it, like a refurb or a lease turn-in from Tigerdirect.com, are really inexpensive. Then just load the software. Tech support will help you with this. I have DQS on 2 laptops, my older personal computer and the computer from the company as well.

Similar Messages:

MModal-owned Computers
Nov 23, 2013

What happens in April 2014 when Microsoft ends their support of XP? Will MModal send us a new computer? ...

Did Everyone Here Upgrade Their Computers From XP For MModal Or What
Mar 26, 2014

about overseas.  Just curious since Microsoft will not support XP after next week.  Are we then noncompliant for HIPAA. ...

Anybody Offer To Just Buy Mmodal Computers From Them
Aug 21, 2014

I mean the one I'm using is at least 5 years old...how much could it be worth to them?  ...

Question On MModal Supplied Computers
Jun 19, 2013

computer for years.  I had a Windows 7 which quit running and they sent me an old XP from Cornerstone (I work on Fluency) that is about useless.  My question is, did everybody who had company-owned get upgraded to Windows 7 or are some of you still on XP? I wanted to know before I call and gripe to "Phil" TIA ...

? Re Computers
Mar 17, 2011

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could assist me in a little project I'm working on.  I'm compiling a list for someone of the companies that provide you with a computer for doing transcription on. Not asking anybody to do the work for me, but if you would like to share the name of a company who does this, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks and have a great day.     ...

MQ And New Computers
Oct 10, 2011

Received an email I am to get a faster/more updated computer from MQ.  Are we getting ready to turn over to a new program.  Have not seen anything posted and was just wondering. ...

New Computers
Dec 08, 2011

Has everyone who needs a new computer gotten it yet? ...

Question On Computers
Jun 04, 2010

How many MT's work with more than one computer? ...

Not To Smart With Computers
Jan 08, 2011

Hi all, I purchased a new computer over Christmas with a very large screen due to having poor eyesight.  Everything seems fine until I get into ChartScript, where everything is so very, very small.  It is worse than with my smaller screen.  I have to literally stand up and put my nose to the screen to make sure I have correct patient info in the demographics, etc.  Any suggestions?  Is there something on the screen itself I can adjust, or do you think it is within ChartS ...

Laptop Computers
Feb 06, 2011

Just wondering if anybody who uses their own computer to do MT uses a laptop?  I've had some problems with my computer and now need to take it in for repairs again, and I was considering getting a laptop as a backup so that I would still be able to work while my desk top computer is out of service.  Any advice on what type of laptop to get?  Thanks much. ...

For Those Whose MQ Computers Are Slowed By
Apr 17, 2011

(Moderator - please do not move to tech forum as this is a Medquist problem with Kapersky anti-virus program)   I spent several hours this past week trying to install Kapersky, and it would not install, so I called tech support and ended up escalating the problem to "Systems Administrator."  She called back and remotely went into my MQ computer and installed the program.  While I was on the phone with her, I told her that others were having a problem with Kapersky slowing down ...

For Those Of You Who Use Your Own Computers To Work On........
Apr 30, 2011

How do you go about this?  Do you have to call tech and get permission?  Or just download DQS, etc?  I was hoping to use my own computer, which is a much more powerful computer than this outdate POS I have from MQ; I think it's the reason I have so many probs in DQS--the worst being the lag in typing....I have to constantly wait for what I have typed to "catch up" with me.......so annoying.  Not to mention takes forever to upload a job, etc. But wondering if we are tec ...

New Computers Mentioned Below
Oct 21, 2011

Are these laptops? ...

I Am So Sick Of Computers!
Oct 27, 2011

I know all the techies out there will say I must "get with the times", but I absolutely hate computers!  It isn't enough that you have to learn a new platform for each and every company you work for, but they think you should know all the regular "computer stuff" as well.  I don't use my computer for anything except work, email, and to look things up because I don't want to-- but everybody expects you to be a computer expert today, like it or not.  If they didn' ...

Fiesa And XP Computers, Etc
Apr 04, 2014

Everyone acts like it's all something new not to be provided a computer.  As a former recruiter, let me tell you that 98% of equipment sent out was not returned and this very expensive for any company.  It's not Nuance's fault XP will no longer be protected.  There is no reason to go in debt for a new computer when you can easily buy one for less than 200, and remember it's all tax deductible and they have the loan plan if you meet the qualifications. Fiesa is ...

For Those Of You With Computers Provided By Your Company SM
Nov 02, 2009

Hi there - i work for a hospital but we were sent home to type 1 year ago. Now my Norton's antivirus is up I was just told by the director of our department that I have to pay for the subscription myself ($45!) and then be reimbursed by the hospital....is this the way it is done?  Seems to me it is a little iffy - just wanted some opinions....thanks! ...

Which Companies Provide Computers?
Nov 17, 2009

Does anyone know what companies provide computers?  Thanks so much. ...

Computers Reading X-rays Now?
Apr 02, 2010

I have a friend who lead MT at a radiology group and she tells me that they are using software that reads parts of an x-ray. It can detect where the calcifications are. I wonder if the radiologists are thinking they may out of a job just like us someday. ...

Changing Computers Question
Jun 11, 2010

I just started a new job. All the software got put on my computer remotely, and it took a long time. My computer is slow, and I want to get a new one in about 3 months. Do companies hate it if you change computers? It seem like they would be put out by spending another 2-3 hours putting the software on my computer. I know every company is different though.   ...

Does Transcend Supply Computers?
Jul 18, 2011

Also, they seem to have lots of different platforms.  Which platform is your favorite? ...

Companies That Loan You Computers
Dec 21, 2010

My personal computer is kaput.  Looking for a job that provides computer.  Preferrably part time.  I think MQ and Webmedx do, any others? ...

Does Precyse Allow MTs To Work On Their Own Computers?
Jul 02, 2011

Does Precyse allow MTs to work on their own computers? Thanks!  ...

Question To MTs Who Have Received The New Computers The Q Sent Out
Dec 21, 2011

This question is for those who have received new computers from the Q.  Does your new computer have Windows 7?  Are you able to work on DQS with Windows 7?  I would assume DQS was preloaded before delivery.  Or do you have to wait for DQS7/Mmodal to come out to use the new computer?  Just wondering because I would like to use my Windows 7 computer asap.  ...

Does M*Modal Provide Computers?
Jul 20, 2012

nm ...

Does MM Still Give Their Computers To New Hires
Mar 25, 2013

Just wondered if they still do that. I have one of their old computers but heard that now you have to provide one for yourself. ...

Toggle To Switch Between Computers, Using
Oct 06, 2014

Think someone here gave me the name of a gizmo I could use to toggle between 2 computers using the same keyboard and monitor but cannot remember the name. Anyone here know? Thanks. ...

Switching Between Computers/monitors
Oct 07, 2014

The name of the program is Synergy. ...

Any MTSO Still Providing Computers?
Apr 03, 2015

Other than Precyse? ...

Moving Lengthy Autocorrects Between Computers
Jul 23, 2011

I have run into this problem every time I have to switch to a new/different computer.  In Office 2003 I save autocorrect entires with the first four initials of the docs last name containing their usual physical exam spiel or sometimes a sample of their entire report.  There seems to be no limit to how many autocorrects can be saved or how long the save can be.  The problem comes when trying to move them to a new computer.  Does anyone have experience with this problem t ...

Flip Switch In Order To Use 2 Computers
Oct 29, 2012

Just bought Flip USB with audio KVM switch in order to be able to have 1 dedicated computer for work only and the other computer for unrelated work items. Have never used one of these before and just wondering if you were in your work program on 1, if you switch over to the other computer for say checking email, does the work computer shut down? I would hate for that to happen and perhaps lose work. Thanks. ...