A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MM India strike, anyone's thoughts? :) - NM

Posted: May 31, 2012

x

They are striking in India? Really? - good for them

[ In Reply To ..]
I would be livid if I lived there and did the same work for such low pay. However, I am livid that I am here, doing work at SUCH LOW PAY...

We all should strike.

Yeah, get ready for mandatory overtime. DH says we should strike as well. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

This is GREAT news! - want my old account back

[ In Reply To ..]
I hope the strikers are the ones with my old account! I have had no work all week, and would love to type my old account, if only for a day or two.

I feel like saying no to the OT though, because they totally use us when India has a holiday but then we have no work any other time.

Just say no to mandatory overtime...! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Yup, I think... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
we should all do the minimum required, 120/150!

Justice for a cause.. - really pissed..

[ In Reply To ..]
I AM WITH U FELLA..

where did ya hear this? - need source

[ In Reply To ..]

CCM - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I dont believe it - just my opinion though

[ In Reply To ..]
So you think the CCM is lying or I am lying? - Why would I or they?
[ In Reply To ..]
Believe what you want, makes no difference to me.
I believe it is misinformation of some sort - not you lying or CCM lying
[ In Reply To ..]
Like someone posted below, its about gas prices, not MT. Therefore, nothing will change for us, once again.
I see. It does appear all public transportation is down. BOOOO - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Most of the - country
[ In Reply To ..]
is following suit and shutting down businesses. Good for them.

Strike of MTs - Pixie

[ In Reply To ..]
CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW QUICKLY ALL OF MTs CURRENT ISSUES, PISS-POOR COMPENSATION, PTO,VR GARBAGE, AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON...WOULD BE "CURED" WITH STRIKING MTs ACROSS OUR USA !!!!!!

no, dont see where a strike will "cure" anything - just make it more miserable for us

[ In Reply To ..]
I am pretty sure that anyone who strikes will be let go. That is what I believe. Maybe not right away, but there are plenty of MTs wiling to work and for a lot less than we get.

We will not get raises, ASR will not go away, poor sound will still be poor sound, and CCMs will not communicate any better.

Time will tell.

How can you possibly think things could get any - worse? US MTs should strike!

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
It's not an MT - strike
[ In Reply To ..]
It's a country wide strike against gas prices and yes, we all should do the same in this country.

Strike is due to - gas prices

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a country wide strike because the gas prices jumped up ridiculously. It has nothing to do with MT wages.

that sounds fishy also. we never shut down US employment - because of sky high gas prices

[ In Reply To ..]
I dont think its as big as its made out to be.

You can type in Indian - strike on the search

[ In Reply To ..]
and read all the articles about it if you don't believe me. Seems to me that they are smarter than Americans. They are fighting the gas prices while we just take it.
yup... we are so used to taking any abuse dished out - you are right
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry I was being so skeptical. Im just so pessimestic now.

That's because they have - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
successfully divided us & we won't stick together anymore & stand up to The Man. The days of people in this country sacrificing & doing without to stick together for a better future for everyone are over unfortunately.
There is a lot of division over in India - but they are all
[ In Reply To ..]
standing together on an issue that hits all of them. It's not that we are divided in this country, it is that nobody has balls anymore and won't fight for anything.

India on strike? I have had NJA all morning! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

me too... all week now - waaaaaaahhhhhh

[ In Reply To ..]
Hard to believe I have only made $150 all week!!!!

Such a joke. And my area is being prepped for weekend overtime. - Mandatory, of course. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Great news - silly me!!!

[ In Reply To ..]
behind u..source?

Not scabbin' - Honkedoff

[ In Reply To ..]
When we were informed about mandatory overtime yesterday, I thought it was about an Indian holiday, so I did my mandatory hour, but now that I know they are asking us to break a strike, I'm not doing it.

Had to do overtime yesterday too! - Ugh

[ In Reply To ..]
So not worth it.

You have overtime, I have nothing - no work since Monday

[ In Reply To ..]
Sick and tired of this junk

Oooo, I like it. - ;)

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course, I'm a little disappointed that American MTs didn't do it first, and then the Indians followed, instead of the other way around. But hey, I'll take it. GOOD FOR THEM!!!

Read the posts, it's not an - MT strike

[ In Reply To ..]
!

India better get used to their prices going up - Leveling the playing field

[ In Reply To ..]
The more jobs they take away from us, the more technologically advanced they become, and the more money they start pumping into their economy, the higher their standard of living will become. It will only be a matter of time when India will start offshoring to us. I will laugh until I pee myself if that happens.

I hope you are right! - re level playing field

[ In Reply To ..]

Going on Strike - Sophie2012

[ In Reply To ..]
Is that ethical?

Wouldn't that have an impact on patient care?

It's difficult to imagine a doctor seeing patients all day, dictating the rest of the day, and then transcribing or editing their own notes at the end of the day.

Odd ... I'm an MME and have been editing more global work than ever - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Yesterday I edited 3 times as many reports from our global employees than any other type of work.

Because it's not an MT strike - Just a strike against petrol prices

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

Strike In India, ILP's Asking Us To Help. I Say Let Them Sink. Nm
Dec 08, 2009

. ...

Country-wide Strike In India Today
May 31, 2012

Wondering if anyone has noticed an increase in work because of this? My accounts are still pretty low. ...

We Should Make India Do All The Transcription - See How That Works For Ya,India.
Nov 06, 2010

Everybody leave Medquist....go get other work -- working at McDonald's pays more and has better benefits - at least you get to eat. And see how well India does all the transcription -- they can't do it -- we do the hard work and they get the cream.  We are sitting her dying with their bad machines and bad dictators. Let them have it -- they will corode. ...

STRIKE
Nov 05, 2009

After 20 plus years in this field and now having to work 15 hour days to make a decent day's pay, I do not know about you, but I am fed up.  There is not a company out there that does in fact "value" our services.  If we can get 8/line we consider ourselves lucky.  I have seen the rates go down and believe that is due to the fact most companies outsource to other countries - whether they admit it or not - and was in fact told by a recent recruiter not to expect more than 8 ce ...

STRIKE!!!!! WE ALL NEED TO STRIKE
Nov 21, 2009

Go back to school - the economy is so rough on experienced MTs and we all need to band together and strike for three days just like people do with the gas prices.  Let them see how really important we are instead of paying us wages like a beginner transcriptionist. ...

STRIKE THREE
Jul 30, 2010

I have been on 100% QA for 3 MONTHS now.  Been working slower, taking my lumps, reading each (of my 300) client profiles, "thanking" my CCM and QA for their feedback, no no avail.  I can't live with this pay MQ gives.  I cannot make a decent check at 4cpl on 100% ASR.  I talked to my CCM, but really???  "There's nothing I can do until you're off QA, I understand how hard it is, I don't think it's right either..."   This cannot be LEG ...

What If We Went On Strike For A Day?
May 12, 2011

Really I am just being silly, but think about it!  What if we all just quit typing for one day?  What if the day we just don't type falls on an Indian Holiday?  HeHeHe then they would be screwed!  That's how I feel right now with the short changing I keep getting.  I am on a 95% ASR account with the world's worst dictators.  Oh well, just a thought.  I just thought I would share this after going over my line count and what I made today so far. *e ...

You All Need To Get Together And Strike.
Aug 16, 2013

You need to wake up the industry.  You all need to strike.  Need to pick a few days to not work at the same time.  You all need to call in sick.  You say you need your job??  I guarentee you this company is LAYING OFF MTs EVERYDAY!  There are some days which are in the hundred range.  You need to stand up and do something or you will soon GET THE CALL stating you are such a good employee, but......  we unfortunately have to let you go.  At least you ...

Going On A Strike....sm
Dec 04, 2014

We should all go on strike until they fix this pay plan or give us our old pay and leave it alone. Thousands of MLS on strike would have an impact. Even hundreds might. It's the only way to get heard or our point across. We are the "bottom feeders" but we are the ones doing all the hard work, have the schooling for it and produce in order for the higher guys to get their lovely bonuses and big checks. We make them money. We are the company basically. If so many are outraged then we need to ...

You Need To Strike Like Others Are Doing Today.
Jul 29, 2013

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/29/fast-food-workers-plan-one-day-strike-for-monday/?test=latestnews   The Washington Post reports that the protests will take place in New York City, Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Louis, Kansas City, and Flint, Mich., involving workers at McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and KFC. Some employees at stores including Dollar Tree, Macy's and Victoria's Secret are also expected to join the protesters in several cities.  "A lot of ...

How Would You Feel About Organizing A Strike?
Apr 18, 2010

So, I know that there are a lot of issues from all sides of the MT industry and that a lot of people are unhappy.  I know that there are many happy MTs out there, but I think that those MTs may be newbies (and don't really know the difference of how it used to be to now) or are one the lucky few that work for some of the great companies out there, or possibly work in-house.  IMHO there should be NO reason to send our work out of the country, especially with delicate med ...

I Am Curious How Many Actually Did Strike Yesterday
May 02, 2012

I know it is not just the MTs, but I went to WM yesterday (yes I do hate WM, but no choice here in the middle of nowhere) and it was packed!!  Everyone was going about their normal daily routine it looked like. ...

Only A Union Can Call A Strike. Sm
Oct 05, 2012

I've seen lots of posts on these boards recently about strikes.  Please do some research before you risk your jobs.  Only a union can call a strike.  Most of the men in my family belonged to unions over the years, so I've read up a lot.  If you don't believe me, start with the link I've provided and do your own research.  I have to wonder if most of those advocating striking even work for any of the MTSOs discussed. You have to be a union me ...

Only A Union Can Call A Strike? Really? Misinformation.
Oct 09, 2012

Only a Union can call a strike. sm - ProUnion Posted: Oct 5th, 2012 - 2:56 pm I've seen lots of posts on these boards recently about strikes.  Please do some research before you risk your jobs.  Only a union can call a strike.  Most of the men in my family belonged to unions over the years, so I've read up a lot.  If you don't believe me, start with the link I've provided and do your own research.  I have to wonder if most of those advocating s ...

NATIONAL MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST STRIKE! ..
Feb 19, 2015

As MTs, we have seen over the years how our jobs just keep bottoming out more or less.  Companies are taking advantage of us while they "suck up all the money" that is paid out by healthcare facilities; we just "don't count."  On top of that, companies are now trying to turn us into ICs supplying our own software programs AND equipment.  In 25 years of doing this, I have not seen line count pay increase one iota quite frankly.  The only thing I can think of is ...

Indian Workers On 24-hour Strike To Protest
Feb 28, 2012

Inflation (according to Reuters). Think we'll get more work? Sure hope this kind of thing catches on over there!  (take that, Kumar!). ...

Patient Has Colicky Abdominal Pain. Doc Tried To Ellcit S/l Heel Strike Sign? Help!
Apr 03, 2012

.. ...

Getting A 2nd MT Job - Thoughts?
Mar 25, 2010

I graduated from school last year and have worked as an IC with a company for 3 months.  I was told I'd be the sole MT on one small Ortho account, but now I know I was lied to.  Other MTs grab everything out of the queue and I'm lucky if I make $23/day, many days I get 0 jobs.  The office manager is so clueless that she is entirely unhelpful, and after several attempts I've given up trying to get the work I was promised when hired. I need the money so I can't ...

Any Thoughts?
Sep 09, 2010

I have been researching all the online MT Courses and have decided that the 2 I seem to think are the most reputable are TRSInstitute and Career Step. Any input from anyone on any schools? Or should I even be considering this field right now? I have read alot of discouraging posts. TRSI includes Speech recognition in its course, unlike alot of the other shcools. Thanks! ...

What Are Your Thoughts On
Oct 28, 2010

One of the posts below mentioned something happening in the next two months or by the end of the year (can't find the post now).  Also, I recall some administrative e-mail alluding to the same, the e-mail about how CBay is poised to take over more Medquist assets.  Is something going to happen to us that we should know about? ...

What Are Your Thoughts On This?
Apr 27, 2011

I think that when we edit an ASR document, we should be compensated at our transcription rate for every keystroke we do to make the report ready for the client.  Since Medquist is so accurately able to calculate our keystrokes, mouse clicks and so on, it should be easy for them to determine how many extra keystrokes were required to prepare the final report.  ...

Some Thoughts For Those Considering MT
May 01, 2011

Several people have asked me if I think MT is still a viable career.  Coincidentally, today as I was cleaning out some files, I found notes from a seminar I gave and thought I would summarize a few of the thoughts, hoping they might be of value to someone out there.  (Moderator, if you don't feel this is appropriate, please just delete the post.)  First, there are three "myths" to consider:  1.  The myth that medical transcription is easy money.  Many of the no ...

Any Thoughts On MD-IT
Jun 09, 2011

Anyone have experience with MD-IT? TIA. ...

What Are MTs Thoughts On This? Sm
Sep 10, 2011

If Obama's job act goes through and employers are rewarded for hiring the unemployed, do you think that will make a difference to the companies that off shore and cause the hiring of more US MTs? ...

DQS 7.1, Need Some Serious Thoughts
Oct 22, 2012

On DQS 7.1 I keep hearing how the SR is so much better.  What the heck?  I haven't a clue why anyone thinks this, but I have a trusted friend who agrees her SR has improved dramatically.  My accounts have dropped dramatically in the SR, which leads me to believe that this is potentially due to something my CCM might not have done correctly with our accounts.  We've never had gender discrepancy noted, although this is supposed to happen.  We've never had cl ...

Thoughts On The
Jun 03, 2013

Why not just make it 100% and  get it over with? I guess they figure it's kind of like killing frogs in boiling water.   ...

Any Thoughts
Dec 04, 2013

I typed as doctor dictated, ". . . pee off . . . " Audit dinged me and changed to, "urinated off." What should have been done?  I thought we were not to change what they said. ...

Some Thoughts On
May 20, 2014

Today I was just wondering if the honorees of other appreciation weeks (nurses, lab techs, housekeepers, basically every health-care subgroup) were required to participate in puzzles, games, essays, and otherwise jump through hoops, to get "prizes",  usually a trinket or a low denomination gift card? Maybe I'm just sensitive because I've been doing this long enough to remember when gifts, festive meals, respect and  all-year-long good pay (the best gift of all) were freely gi ...

Thoughts, Anyone?
Jun 21, 2014

Any Thoughts On This...
Jun 28, 2014

Do you guys think the minimum line count will be going up soon? Some states have raised their minimum wage. Trying to figure out how some of us would be able to hold on if it were to go up any higher than 150/hr. Barely able to meet that as it is. Just don't think makeup pay is something they're very happy about having to provide either. So wondering if this will be the end of the line for those of us not meeting production, though not for lack of hard effort. ...