A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just had QA change "Tinel" to "Tinel's" - missed the memo

Posted: Dec 16, 2010

I don't like it without the 's either, but I thought the "gold standard" now wanted all the 's dropped?  Can't we ever all get on the same page?  Also changed C6-7 to "C6 to C7."  I have been chastized for that before also when I put it many moons ago.  Jeeze Louise.  Give me more coffee.  Starting out as a long day already. 

If it was standing alone without - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
without a noun following it, you would type it Tinel's. If it had a noun following it, it would be Tinel sign. This is per the 3rd edition of the BOS, which is what QA is required to go by.

In my opinion, these are things that neither QA nor MTs should be so concered about. As a QA, it is my job to change it on the report, and I'll gladly explain why when asked, but it is also not something that you should be counted off for, because really, who cares? Just my humble opinion.

3rd edition? We MTs are supposed to use the 2nd edition. - GO FIGURE

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey left hand... Whacha doing?

It's in the 2nd edition as well. Maybe that is what - previous poster meant (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]

ridiculous changes - C6-7

[ In Reply To ..]
When a doc says C6-7, she does not mean C6 to C7. (What doc on earth says "C6 to C7 disk herniation?)

If I were the doc, I would be more than annoyed. You might want to take the time to educate someone about this lest they continue to make idiotic edits.

C6-7 vs. C6 to C7 - anonMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I use C6-7 when referring to a specific disk. C6 and C7 refer to vertebrae, and C6-7 refers to the disk between them. Obviously.

I would use "C6 to C7" when what's being dictated involves not only the disk but also the bones.

I should mention, though, that I will only change one to the other for clarity or client preference specifically.

This account is 100% QA. I think it was changed - just to have something

[ In Reply To ..]
to change, but I could be wrong. And it WAS what he said; nevermind the context apparently!!

Similar Messages:

Tinel's Question
Aug 30, 2011

He does have a limitation of extension in the right elbow.  No evidence of Tinel’s at s/l the kegel tone?  I am not sure what he is saying.  Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

S/l Tinel Valow Sign?
Nov 04, 2009

thanks ...

Tinel's And <sickleseen?> Signs ?
Apr 12, 2012

I have a doctor who, under the neurological exam section, says, Deep tendon reflexes were intact.  Tinel's and <s/l sickelseen> signs were both negative. Romberg was negative..." Thanks to anyone who might have a clue! ...

Tinel Sign Shows "diffuse Axium" Sm
Dec 15, 2010

... and noticed only a weakly positive Tinel sign on the left, but certainly in just a little bit of "disuse axium"  all muscles (median and ulnar) of both hands, but it was minimal and not that out of line with his stated age of 79. It actually sounds like disuse, but thought diffuse.  Second word sometimes sounds like ax fume, lol  Thanks.  ...

Sex Change
Nov 22, 2009

I love typing up extremely large reports on a patient with a name that can be either sex (with no info in ADT about the sex either) and then at the very end of a report, the dictator saying:  Ya know, this is a male/female rather than a female/male, please change things around in the report.  Love it! ...

Why Would MME Change
Feb 10, 2010

mom to mother on a VERBATIM account at every instance of dictator clearly saying mom? Is there something I am missing? I wish they would leave some kind of note stating why this was changed. Client profile clearly states "this is a verbatim accouint" and "type as dictated."  QTL does not answer email.  I usually ignore these things, but sometimes it is hard not to get frustrated when you leave 1 blank and get back several corrections for this kind of stuff.  Thanx for th ...

Would U Change This?
Feb 10, 2010

is a 48-year-old gentleman who carries the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis, based on abnormalities separating space and time, MRI changes consistent. ...

Change Is Bad
Sep 11, 2010

There is a book called "Who moved my cheese?" that I would highly recommend for those who are struggling so much with the upgrade.  From this board, it seems that there is no possibility that a major upgrade in a complicated software in and of itself might need some bugs ironed out (anyone heard of Windows?) as opposed to an evil company finding a way for people on the other side of the world to spy on you while you work or a bunch of overpaid executives sitting around a table discussing ho ...

EKG Change. New Q's In II, II, And F And
Nov 18, 2010

My docs are usually ortho - but he threw this in today just to keep me on my toes I guess.    Is this correct? EKG change. New Q's in II, II, and F and a new incomplete left bundle-branch block with poor anterior R-wave progression.   ...

Name Change
Feb 04, 2011

I came across this today, CBay Holdings name change.   http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2011/02/03/medquist-holdings-moves-to-buy-rest-of.html ...

How To Change PSA
May 12, 2011

where do we actually go to sign up for PSA, password change thingie.  I can't figure it out at all.  i am so sick of having to take my time to change all this crap when they should have to pay us to read all this junk and figure it out.  just another thing we don't get paid to do.  i don't even understand why we have to do this either!!!!! what is it accomplishing? ...

MQ Going To Change Their Name AGAIN?
Aug 03, 2011

They have changed their name so many times since I have been with this for the last 25 years.  Gee, wonder what the new name will be??  I can think of quite a few new names for THIS company, but they would not like it!!!!! ...

New 7.2 Anyone Else Have No Change Other
Mar 10, 2013

I heard about the production bar at the top..I dont have that, my icon changed other than that, I dont see a difference ...

Change In QA?
Mar 31, 2013

Just checked FIESA (which I loathe), and now instead of my blanks, which I put in because I cannot understand what the heck they're saying and don't want to guess and get points taken off my score, are now SOMETIMES being filled in by QA and I get points taken off!! I feel they are just trying to find ways to whittle down our scores below 99% so they bonus stays with them and not going to the prostitutes I feel we are (you know, where the pimp keeps the majority of the money and we ...

IDK About This Change....
Oct 01, 2013

We had management changes over the weekend for my new account and the new manager sent out e-mails today that we have to get new e-mails, must start using some probably crap butt IM program (I HATE IM!) and they insist that if your account runs out of work that you wait 10 minutes, then e-mail them then wait up to 15 minutes to see if they can find you some work before you can move to your secondary if that account has work.  Meanwhile that means 25 minutes of no pay time waiting around for ...

About To Cry Over Change
Oct 29, 2014

Before this recent change, I had a pretty good account and nice supervisor and QA person.  Before that account, I had a horrible one, so the second one was like heaven.  I had it for maybe a year, then this switch.  Now I'm getting a lot of muffled reports I can barely make out, and a lot more ESL doctors and mumblers.  I just want to cry.   As far as the sound, I never thought, after all the years I've been doing this, that we'd still be contend ...

ASR Got It Right For A Change
Nov 14, 2014

Instead of printing, signed Dr ** Printed "At this juncture a dementing trip." Sums up MT work pretty well don't you think? ...

Pay Change
Jan 23, 2015

Did anyone get the email about the new way of paying us. Something about monthly which I really don't understand what they are talking about. ...

So, Do You Think Medquist Will Change Their Name?
Jun 07, 2010

They always have in the past.  Medquist/Secrephone merge became MRC Group.  Then MRC Group and Transcription Limited became Medquist.  Since Spheris was bankrupt and every one knows Medquist and they were number 1 and number 2 big companies, I am wondering if they would change their name.  Last time when the company came up with the name Medquist, it was done by a contest and the employes had to vote for the new name. ...

Keystrokes Pay Change
Jul 30, 2010

Just wondering how many Keystrokes MT's have resigned or are planning to? I will be putting in my resignation before August 16th. Already have a new job offer. After 25 years experience, just can't live with the pay cut. Used to be a good company...good luck to all of you who stay. ...

Possible Career Change
Jun 25, 2011

I am considering taking classes for MT as I am ready for a change in my life. As I am looking into MT I have come across several questions that I want to ask to save myself the stress, etc. of preparing to start something that may not be what I am looking for. I see the different schools listed that others have recommended and yet I also see where my local community college offers course in MT. In your opinion would the courses there be suffice to work as a MT? For those working as MT, what do ...

Address Change
Sep 02, 2010

Who at Medquist would I contact about changing my address?  I am moving and really don't want a mix up with  my check.  Will put in a change of address at the post office but would like to get my address changed at MQ. ...

MQ - Things Never Change
Sep 30, 2010

I worked for MQ many, many years ago when they bought the company I was working for.  From reading this board, it appears some things never change and only get worse.  I remember having to switch from one account to the other constantly and trying to keep track of client profiles.  Glad I am out of there!! ...

Time Change
Nov 07, 2010

Does anyone know what we are supposed to do on graveyard during the time change? My CCM is on vacation, and this is my first time on graveyard during the time change.  Any info is appreciated! ...

Change Of Shifts
Dec 21, 2010

Has anyone else had the call from CCM asking you to switch shifts or to move to graveyards?  What have you done?  I work a late split shift already Tuesday through Saturday and got a call about why I missed work (NJA).  I don't think I can work a third shift and don't know how far they will push this.  They said they will float me to other BOBs in order to keep me busy when they run out of work in mine.  The only problem with that is that it will bring my wage ...

Asking For Schedule Change
Mar 14, 2011

I have just started working for Medquist two weeks ago..I am struggling with working a noon to 6 shift Sun-Thurs..I used to work M-F 5 am to 11 am with my other company until they closed down.  I am considered part-time (min of 24 hrs) but I work 30.  Do you think they will be p...ed if I were to ask for a day off in the middle?  I am already always asking for a couple hours off here and there for PT and and doctor's appts for my children.  ...

Billing Change
Jun 13, 2011

I'm now transcribing directly into the EMR for my client now, and therefore, cannot charge by the lines anymore. The only thing I can think of to do is charge by the megabyte.  I would put the whole billing period of voice files in one folder, click properties, and there would be my total megabytes for the billing period. I played 8 voice files that added up to 27.81 minutes and 2.95 mg of voice files so it seems safe to assume 1 mg = 1 min of dictation. At $1.85 per me ...

Want Change But Scared Of It
Jun 07, 2011

Started job searching...sick of company with low pay and inflexibility that is getting worse with time.  Now that job offers/testing offers are pouring in I am getting cold feet.  Don't want to jump from frying pan into fire.  Anybody ever been through this?  Words of advice? ...

Job Change Opinions
Jul 11, 2011

I am working for a large MTSO FT, and am considering going to PT and taking a side job at a local tiny rural hospital, which pays by the hour.  It would mean cutting my pay I'm sure, and losing benefits (not medical, but dental, disability and vacation).  I'd like to know if I'm just crazy or if it is a reasonable consideration. The reason I'm thinking about this is partly job security -- not having all my eggs in one basket.  The other, is less stress at leas ...

Should I Change Till To Until?
Sep 29, 2011

I always considered "till" to refer to the act of plowing earth and have always changed it to until, but now I don't know if this is correct. Also, do you change "though" to "although"?  (I'm not talking about when someone says "even though", but when they say something like, "Though the prosthesis seemed a bit too long"   Any thoughts?       ...