A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just an observation - poorhouse

Posted: Dec 14, 2013

and maybe it doesn't make sense, but if you bring a patient's ADT info in through ADT and it says whether the pt is M or F, you'd think the ASR could be programmed to read that particular gender and then use it throughout the report, whether the dictator said he/she or him/her.  I don't know...it was just something that crossed my mind while correcting the umpteenth ASR report with gender inconsistencies, when the dictator clearly stated the correct gender in the first place. Argh.

Now - That

[ In Reply To ..]
Would just be silly...lol

ADT - M2-too

[ In Reply To ..]
Or bring up only anesthesiologists when you're looking for an anesthesiologist's name to put in the ADT.

Similar Messages:

Just An Outside Observation
Oct 16, 2011

I have seen a couple of posts recently about people getting fired. While I am just baffled about them getting fired in the first place, it makes me really wonder when they say "but I put in extra hours, worked extra hard, had perfect work but I was fired. I don't get it? If you are as great as you say you are or as hardworking and accurate as you would like others to believe, how do you still manage to get fired? ...

Observation
Jan 05, 2013

I think the docs are catching on or something.  All day today, I have gotten nothing but stat dictations by docs I haven't done in WEEKS and these are docs who usually do not do stat dictations unless absolutely necessary.  I've also noticed that a lot of them are actually spelling out really simple medical terms or medicines which they have never done before.  I wonder!   ...

Wondering If Anyone Else Has This Observation...
Dec 29, 2009

Lately I have been setting a timer for an hour and have actually done this for a long time, just to see what I do in an hour... seems of late is getting harder to make more than 18.00 to 20.00 an hour... and I have 28 yrs experience... seems to me something has been set that makes it impossible to do any better, no matter the dictators, the difficulty of the dictation, etc, etc. etc... Anyone else seem to think something is up?  Not mentioning company... ...

My Observation About This Field...
Apr 26, 2011

I have been a working MT (IC status) for 5 years now.  I am finally making pretty good money, but I have always worked around kids and had to take the first few years slowly.  I file jointly with my husband and even had him get more deductions taken out of his checks.  This year, after deductions, I was able to get an 1800.00 refund.  I consider this good considering I didn't pay anything all year (quarterly).  Here is my observation...it seems the the MT field is a ...

Funny Observation - (sm)
Sep 20, 2011

Doncha just love it when you get an email from the supervisor about a client complaining about the errors in his reports, and there's an error in the email?  LOLOL ...

Future Of Transcription - An Observation
Jan 29, 2012

It is my opinion that transcription, whether it be standard or voice, will be replaced altogether in the very near future.  There may be some little independent offices or hospitals that continue, but not for long.  I say this for 2 reasons.  One is that the hospital I worked for locally started withe EHR about 5 years ago and the introduction of VR about 3 years ago with the push for the doctors to do their own "point & click" type of transcription.  The software made a ...

Friday Observation - Makes You Say Hmmmm
May 11, 2012

Maybe it's just me, maybe it's because it's Friday.  However, I am lucky enough to be filling in blanks on some standard reports with just left vs right.  My shortcuts are L for left and R for right.   Have you ever noticed that L is on your right hand and R is on your left?  For some strange reason, I'm having trouble getting that today!!  Maybe some wine after my shift will help me feel better. ...