A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

In the middle of a 25 minute report - Furious

Posted: Jun 20, 2010

I get a pop up that says my current DQS log in has expired and the system will shut down.

Then it shut down on me.  I was TYPING at the time. 

I swear, if I log back in an all that work is gone, I am going to go ballistic on someone!!

Has anyone else had this happen?

has it not given you warnings - to change your password

[ In Reply To ..]
I have that happen from time to time. The good news is that the work usually comes back as "reserved" with the big blue "R"

If It Comes Back... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
...you may be able to get your already-typed portion back. Go to Job Flow and choose "Recover." That will then ask if you want report overwritten, and choose "yes." In most cases (depending on what happened) it will work. I've never had happen what you did, but I've lost Internet connection, power etc., and was always able to "recover" what I had already done on the report.

I was able to get it back, thank goodness. - Furious

[ In Reply To ..]
It just really ticked me off that it did that for no reason.

It wasn't like I had been sitting idle for a long time or anything.

Oh well, I got it back and recovered my already typed portion, so that's good. I didn't want to miss all those lines!

In the middle of a 25 minute report - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
Cornerstone has had this happen before. It is the line to Tennessee that shuts down. It is called VPN. My report is still up there in the job control window, but sometimes I lose a line. It is usually pretty close to where I left off though, thanks to automatic saving every minute.

Similar Messages:

I Had A 10 Minute Report And....
Dec 14, 2009

only got 37 lines from it.  This nutter dictating kept putting me on hold (with the worst music) every section of the report so he could look it up in the patient's chart!  I hate it when they do that stuff!  There would be no way I would go to this guy as a patient.  Anyone who is that unorganized is not going to operate on me!   Breathing deeply now, rant over. ...

A 12 Minute Report Vanished
Mar 16, 2011

Usually, several  my ASR corrections are undone during the course of the report.  I have to proof and remake them.  This time, the whole report just went poof and was gone.  I immediately went to the "undo" feature to retrieve it and I could not.  Now I have to type the whole report over again.  This can't be profiting MedQuist.  They can't pay me any less, so they might as well allow me to be productive so, at least, they will benefit.  ...

How Many Errors In A 3-minute Report?
Apr 02, 2014

Well.... if it's from ILP 24.  That's after an MT handles it with 100% review, it's routed to QA automatically over there with 100% review, and then finally I get the lucky number.  Yippy!  Let's see if any others will top that today.  Sheesh.  Oh, and let's remember, Coumadin is used as an antibiotic!     ...

Heaven Help Me. An Almost 27-minute Report, ESL, Smacking Her Gum
Jan 27, 2012

in my ear and it's VR.  ARGGGGH! ...

Nearly 21 Minute Report Of Another Doctor's Dictation
Jan 01, 2014

I had a long, long report that was filled up mostly with another doctor's dictation, who was sitting nearby going a mile a minute dictating on his patient while my dictating doctor sat quietly thinking.  At least, I guess that's what he was doing, hard to tell, he was so quiet while page after page filled up with the report from another patient.  When my doctor resumed speaking, it was hard to find where his dictation began again.  The actual report turned out ...

Radiology MT Looking For MTSO That Pays Per Minute Or Report
Feb 14, 2011

Can anyone tell me any companies that pay you per report or per minute?  The company I work for now used to pay per report, but switched me to per line, and I am making "squat".  I have a PT that pays per report, but they don't have anymore hours.  I need another job, preferably FT.  Thanksfor any help guys!  ...

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

Why The Middle Man?
Jul 06, 2012

Could someone explain the reason we went from working as ICs with our own accounts to MTSOs who pay half that? Was it the cost of EMR software? If this is the case, why do we depend on MTSO's for work when we can download freeware that enables transfer of sound files and Internet transfer of files back to the doctor? Where did we go wrong? ...

Middle Ear Anatomy Help
May 06, 2010

The cartilage graft was then placed in the region of the s/l squ-ti-matic to cover this defect created by the atticotomy.   Surgery was to remove a cholesteatoma from the patient's middle ear canal. ...

Middle AIR Space Or Middle EAR Space?
Jan 31, 2011

Doc is doing the admit note on a child to put in PE tubes.  Is it "effusion in middle ear space or middle air space"????  Thanks! ...

To Be BOS Correct, How Would One Write This: 3-4 Minute Episode, 3 To 4 Minute Episode Or 3 To 4-mi
Jul 09, 2013

I question things now that I never before questioned in my life!  Thanks for any help. ...

Middle-aged 28 Year Old?
Feb 24, 2011

Patient is a 28 yo, but the doctor goes on to say in the PE that "examination reveals a middle-aged gentleman..." WOuld you flag this or leave this? ...

I Am Stuck In The Middle Of An Upload Nm
Jan 19, 2013

nm ...

The Axe Is Falling On Middle Managers?
Jan 08, 2015

I just read a rather crypic e-mail which indicates this is the case, though no clear reason was given as to why.  It may be that at least some of the TSMs knew this was coming, which is why some of them have been so unpleasant lately.   ...

Another Morning No Work. CSM Says Will Be Better Middle Of March,
Feb 21, 2013

Guess we will have to wait and see.  Tuesday 3 hours of work because of doctor's appointment and could not make up time if there was any work.  Today second job, cannot make up time.  All morning no work.  Will have to work more hours at second job I guess.  Retail, not guaranteed hours but better than what I am getting at MModal.  ...

Nuance Only Pays Their Middle Managers Well
Jun 13, 2014

I personally know someone who works as a middle manager for Nuance, makes well over 50,000 and has had constant raises since being hired.  From what she tells me she is very effective, but even the other middle managers who are not at all effective with huge make up costs and teams who fail audits constantly do not get terminated.  Plus, they do not have to be MTs.  They just sit in their home office and write rah rah emails to their team to keep them going and make sure they cove ...

Anyone Else Feel Like They Have A Great Big Target In The Middle Of Their Back?
Aug 21, 2013

been here just over 5 years, passed audits, no issues, then 4 verbals/write-ups in the last 3 months. How do you deal with that....I would consider MModal a hostile work environment. ...

From MSN, They Are Calling It The Death Of Middle Class And We Are On The List.
Jan 23, 2014

see link ...

Lately, I Tend To Give The Middle Finger To The Computer Screen As I'm Uploading.
Sep 16, 2011

x ...

Article: Middle Class Secretaries Pushed Into Minimum Wage Work
Sep 04, 2012

Article from The Nation: http://www.thenation.com/blog/169712/middle-class-secretaries-pushed-minimum-wage-work "And the driving force behind the losses is just as troubling. Given that the ability to find a new job is almost nil in the miserable job market, workers are feeling trapped. (For example, the quit rate has hovered at a very low rate since the recovery began.) That gives employers huge leverage in pushing their employees to take on heavier loads without higher pay." Sound famil ...

How Is One To Make Line Count When You Get Report After Report Sm
Mar 05, 2014

that is less than 30 lines; dictator who repeats every sentence with 1 subtle change; DEAD AIR, etc.  It is stressful enough that I'm losing money today but to be stressed out about line count and being perfect...I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!! ...

Right Middle Lobe Infiltrate With Some Moderately Malodorous S/l "ax Or Ex-sell-ation",
Aug 04, 2011

might need to rule out foreign body.  ...

This Is A Middle-aged To Elderly-aged Caucasian Woman.
Jul 23, 2012

This is a middle-aged to elderly-aged Caucasian woman in no acute distress.  ...

0.16 Per Audio Minute?
Feb 05, 2010

Has anyone heard of pay at 0.16 per audio minute for medical transcription?  They told me I could make at least $10 an hour or more at this rate.  This seems impossible to me... What do you think? ...

Lines Per Minute
Mar 01, 2010

I have been an MT for 12-years now.  I used to get paid hourly, now they are suggesting 12.5-cents per line. Is this too low?  Is 12.5 cents per line fair, anyone know?   ...

NJA Under The 15 Minute Window
Apr 14, 2010

Lately, when I get NJA it is just long enough to slow my production down, but not long enough to report it.  It only lasts about 10 minutes most times.  Does everyone else wait the 15 minutes before reporting as we are supposed to, or do you report it right away? ...

Would It Be Too Much To Ask To Get A 5 Minute Window
Mar 06, 2011

Seriously, I was 11 seconds (according to my punch clock) past the scheduled start of maintenance on submitting a really long job and it didn't go through.  I think they should wait 5 minutes for the last minute submissions or at least hang onto the job and have it submitted after maintenance.  ...

Pay By Dictated Minute-sm
Apr 05, 2011

Anyone get paid by dictated minute -- How profitable is it for you?  Considering options?  is there a catch? ...

When A Keystrokes Add Says Pay By Minute
Sep 01, 2011

of dictation for a radiology position, what does this mean?  So much per minute or a flat rate for a total of minutes per day?   ...

$1.20 Per Dictated Minute
Mar 21, 2012

Hi All:    I was looking at a job posting, but they pay as stated above.  I have never worked for anyone that pays like this.  Does anyone know what this would average out to be per line based on 65 space?  It is not Radiology. ...