A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

In addition to lock out notice - MQMT1

Posted: Jun 01, 2011

e-mail contains following:  "If you tuly cannot work because you are sick-you need to either immediately go in an put in a PTO request or you need to let me know the times and dates you are going to be making up your time."

Not only are we expected to work within 15 minutes of our shift, but now we also must plan our illnesses!

why do they want an immediate PTO request - usually takes them weeks to approve

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe that if you are sick, you either e-mail or call and let them know, and then either take PTO or make up the time later that day or in the week if the CCM has backlog.

The rules are getting crazy around here.

I think what they mean... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Not my CCM who sent email, but I think they mean to put in a PTO request for that day when you are sick. It takes them weeks to approve vacation PTO which is something else entirely.

Guess I'm not seeing the problem here? - (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
There is nothing wrong with expecting people to clock in/out on time!

You are completely misreading what your CCM is saying. She is giving you an option: If you must miss, either immediately plan your makeup time and notify her OR fill out a PTO request. In other words, account for your missing time immediately. What is wrong with that?

I have a life...a very busy life - MQ hater

[ In Reply To ..]
If I'm sick one day, there are a lot of other things I don't get done....not just my work for MQ. I miss one day and I'm playing catch up like crazy. It isn't always possible to make up hours especially if you are sick at the end of the week. I'm just tired of being flexible for MQ when they don't have enough work during my scheduled hours and them not returning the favor when I'm sick. Just saying.

I always work my shift and very rarely call in sick but when I am sick....the last thing I wanna have to worry about is making up 8 hours when I have no time to do that.

I got the same email - MQ hater!

[ In Reply To ..]
We must have the same CCM. We are supposed to plan our children's illnesses as well.

This place amazes me. We must work our shifts or make up our hours and yet they aren't required to provide work for us during our shifts. It is like we must be the most flexible people in the world while making peanuts for pay and yet they can't work with us when we are even sick? Ridiculous. This company gets worse and worse every year. Every time I turn around they are making requirements more difficult. Don't guess at anything but don't overuse QA or you will lose pay. My pay as continually dropped each year since I've been working for them and yet I'm typing the same amount of lines. I absolutely hate this company. Once my youngest child gets into kindergarten....I'm so gone!

Similar Messages:

Silver Lock And/or Biosilver Lock
Jan 25, 2014

Shoulder arthroscopy. "Using the Scorpion I passed a FiberTape through the anterior and posterior aspect of the tear.  We then obtained the punch for the s/l bio silver lock, punched the above laterally, put the sutures through the eyelet of the bio silver lock and impacted the above, getting the tear back down to its normal footprint." ...

Addition To Question
Jun 07, 2011

I figured out why they didn't post before so please don't get mad. ...

P/t MT Work In Addition To F/t Job?
Jan 13, 2015

Are there any MTSOs who will allow you the flexibility to work p/t around a f/t job schedule?  I'm okay with working 25 hours minimum as long as I can set my own schedule for evenings & weekends.  Just wondering if that's even a possibility before I start making inquiries.     ...

In Addition To Commenting On CEO Article
Aug 02, 2011

If you comment on the article, the only people to see it will be those specifically looking for that article in yesterday's Tennessean.  What I would hope to happen is that everyone who wrote a reply to the article would copy your response and send it to the Tennessean's Letters to the Editor Section.  That way, your response will be seen by many more people.  Or...copy the link and send it to your local paper/TV station! Wouldn't hurt for people around the country ...

Addendum/Addition/Additionally ??
Nov 02, 2011

I'm not sure what the doctor is saying b/c he's speaking too fast. Before the following sentence he says Addendum (possible subheading), Addition or Additionally. "The end of operation is satisfactory." He talks about closing the wound before this and talks about estimated blood loss after this. Any ideas?? Thanks! ...

Lock Out
Mar 14, 2010

Just finished my day.  I ended up with over 8 hours as the jobs kept coming.  I guess the lock-out is not working which is fine....but I will probably hear about it later. ...

Lock Down
Sep 21, 2010

Is anyone still on lock down?  Our group has been cancelled many times, just wondering if it still exists, or has been cancelled. ...

Suture S/l V-Lock?
Dec 30, 2009

Abdominal wound closed in layers using 3-0 Vicryl, 3-0 "V-Lock" and 3-0 Caprosyn.  ...

Do They Really Lock You Out Of Getting In DQS Outside Your Schedule?
Feb 15, 2012

We just received the Rewards booklet (more than 1 week after I became an MModal employee). Do they really lock you out of the system outside of your schedule?  Thanks for this info and any other advice (other than run like ****, lots are trying to do that already).   ...

COMPUTER LOCK UP
Sep 04, 2012

I was typing a long report (on the 7.1).  All of a sudden the screen went blank, and then  I was back at my desktop.  There was nothing to click on.  I did ALT/CTRL/DELETE, and still nothing.  Finally after trying for 10 minutes to get in and get my report back (I could still hear the person dictating), I had to reboot my computer.  Well, the report was not there, and now NJA.  Remember when this happened on the old system, it saved the report to us, and w ...

So Has This Lock Out Thing Happened Yet Or What?
Apr 20, 2010

The date changes so much I'm just not sure.  All I know is that when my shift is over, the jobs keep on coming in.  I thought we'd be able to type the one we are in plus one in the queue and that's it......   ...

I Believe The Lock-out Has Started Early. Just Got NJA 4 Minutes
Mar 08, 2010

to go in my shift and there are plenty of jobs on the backlog on all my accounts.  If this is how it works --I dont like it.  I had to take a little bit longer lunch break and was going to work a little extra--- guess not -LOL! Anyone else had this today? ...

WHY Does Report Look Up LOCK UP? (warning, Just A Rant)....
Mar 21, 2010

I put the correct info in, the client facility number, etc, and it will begin to load, and then slowly, I will get 1 green bar, 2 green bars (over the course of several minutes, now 5 to be exact) and it will just lock up there....I have NO time to wait for it to load.... And another thing, on the search page where you can click on "use my company number" --WHY is this there?  That is where you put the facility number?  So stupid.  Okay, I don't expect any answers to this q ...

What Is The Right Way To Write Hepatitis-lock These Days
Oct 12, 2011

? ...

Word 2007 Caps Lock Issues
Jan 17, 2013

I need help with Word 2007.  I've searched and can't find anything to help and have also asked tech support at my company without remedy.  I'm hoping I can explain it well enough so someone here on the board might have dealt with this and can help me.  It certainly would be appreciated as I give up! When I put in a heading such as MEDICATIONS:  At this point, I try to hit the return to the next line to begin my typing.  However, it will not go to the next ...

MT Subcontractor - Have To Pay Self-employment Taxes In Addition To Federal Income Taxes?
Jun 18, 2011

As a subcontractor performing medical transcription, do I have to pay self-employment taxes in addition to Federal Income Taxes? ...

MIND LOCK - Last Night I "Just Turned It Off"/Abandoned My Shift: What Now?
Apr 06, 2010

Posted: Apr 6th, 2010 - 10:35 am I signed on for my normal shift at Midnight and got immediately hit with an unknown hospital,  uknown dictator from outside my CCM's 'book of work.'  I couldn't understand the dictator who was a ESL, thick accent interspersed with serial "mumbles with thick accent."  Looked for an old report, put in all the correct information, even tried adjusting it several times -- came up with no old reports.  At this point, mental in ...

"silver Lock" Anchor?
Jul 20, 2012

s/l Silver Lock anchor   Thanks.  ...

Anyone Notice This Lately
May 19, 2010

In almost every ASR report lately, there have been gross errors in the dosages of medications.  In 1 report today, it had Colace 70 mg when the dictator clearly said 100 mg.  Then in another report, it had Protonix 3 mg daily when the dictator said 40 mg daily.  Watch your dosages closely!!!!  Something is up! ...

Anybody Notice This With 6.1?
Sep 07, 2010

remember the system used to automatically capitalize the first letter as you were typing..i.e. after a period (.) etc. well, it is no longer doing this....wonder why? wonder if there is a way to get it to do this as I found this to be a time saver...   ....upgrade?   things are seeming to take longer to me ??? ...

Did Anyone Else Notice This On 6.1?
Sep 07, 2010

For some reason I keep thinking they covered this on the tutorial...but I'm a shift and don't have time to figure it out.  When I did the spell check at the end (which took an exceptionally long time), it appeared all my text turned BLUE (liike it does when you highlight) and then disappeared! I didn't just lose my stuff, did I?Also so far, I don't see a big change in the headings. I'm typing them like normal.  And I couldn't remember the new numbering sy ...

NOTICE: Regarding Job Ads -- SM
Jun 15, 2011

Posters, MTStars has a a few requirements for the job ads that are placed on our Job Seeker's board.  These are in place to provide a minimum of information for you (company name, city and state of business and a visible email address) to do your research on before applying.  We also have a minimum pay that can be posted (5 cpl for transcription and 3 cpl for editing, QA, etc.). You can see all of the ad requirements by reviewing the sticky note at the top of the Job Seeker' ...

Anybody Ever Notice
Dec 18, 2011

That sometimes when you complete a job, the next job in the que downloads but then the second job that is supposed to come up in your que takes forever to show up? I sometimes think it has to take a minute to search for the very worst job to send me. ...

Anyone Else Notice That ASR Is A Lot Better
Jul 30, 2012

Easier to send to India this way..just saying. ...

Does Anyone Know If Notice Is Given If
Nov 07, 2012

we are locked out immediately?  ...

You Ever Notice
Nov 21, 2012

in these few posts below that as they go on and you ask more questions, the OP reveals more and more about themselves and they give inconsistent answers and you can tell they really don't work for MM? I think some of these posts are made up. Changing the NJA policy for T-day? Letter of appreciation? Just trying to stir the pot and unfortunately too many people fall for it. Does anybody really believe a CCM sent an email telling us to check every 30 minutes tomorrow? That goes against ...

Job Notice
Apr 29, 2014

Work for a company for over a year, they switch accounts without notice. Is it common to just quit and move to another job, or is it always best to give a notice? I am not sure I owe them one at this point and need to consider my needs. ...

TLs And Notice
Dec 24, 2014

Yesterday, my TSM sent out an e-mail notifying us that in January, the team leads will be transitioning to other positions as that job description is being done away with.  All I can say is I sure hope they had more warning and that it was not a surprise.  The TSM also asked for patience with her as she assumes their duties.  I wanted to laugh as I have not been overall impressed with the duties she was already performing. ...

AP-ers: Anyone Else Notice...
Jun 22, 2015

... a lower rate of holiday pay on their most recent pay stub?  We're now supposedly being paid by the DOL wage determination rate based on where the facility is located. I volunteered to work on one of the new facilities until they got caught up.  The WDR for this facility is considerably less than the other facility I work on. I noticed that the holiday pay was according to the rate for the lower-wage facility that I agreed to temporarily work on.  ...

"LOCK-DOWN"
Apr 27, 2010

Is anybody out there on "lock-down" yet?  Not on it here in SA5 and have not been told when it will start yet.  Just curious. ...