A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If I hear one more "coder" talk about stress... - MTSMNP

Posted: Mar 14, 2014

I'm gonna blow...STRESS????  MT/MME is STRESS, pure stress... having to have all the knowledge (which has to be equivalent with coding), and then having to CHURN out reports at warp speed, and PERFECT...BACK-BREAKING, wrist numbing, neck stiffening PHYSICAL LABOR, too.. Mental and physical STRESS.   to try and make minimum wage.. PRODUCTION PAY.. NOTHING is more stressful than PRODUCTION... no matter the industry.  That, my friends, is STRESS.  And warp speed production to barely survive.  INSANE STRESS.  Give me coding ANY DAY of the week.. Sheesh

Hallelujah, sing it sister. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The superiority exhibited has been nauseating to say the least.

FYI - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm the "coder" who talked about stress. I was also a transcriptionist for 20 years.. So . . . there's that. So blow if you must?

But you got out of MT and are sticking with coding... so... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Well, obviously there are no jobs in transcription - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
So it's not like going back to transcription would be a viable option.
? There are tons of jobs on both job boards. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not sure why everyone is in such a panic over MM's possible bankruptcy -- there are plenty of MT jobs & there will be even more if MM doesn't have all the contracts sewn up. I think everyone may be panicking a bit soon.
Tons of jobs - Share the wealth
[ In Reply To ..]
Being an ex-MT for this horrible company, I do hope they go under and I mean all the way under. Let other companies pick up their accounts and hopefully not all of them will go to Nuance. Maybe this could be a positive turning point!
Gee thanks. Very charitable of you to hope - thousands lose their jobs.
[ In Reply To ..]
I like the company. I make fairly good money and have benefits.

It's nice to know that since you had a bad experience you wish for thousands to lose their job. Way to be.
No biggie. Thousands are losing their jobs, already. - If Nuance died, at least the bleeding would stop.
[ In Reply To ..]
The job loss would bleed out, and then stop, because no more new suckers would get lured in.
Half of those "jobs" simply advertise for MTs to - test, so they can get work done for free.
[ In Reply To ..]
Very few of them even get a callback after that. And those that do, get offered a whopping 6-8 cpl. Thanks, but NO thanks.

Wait'll coding switches from hourly to production. - Then I think you"ll get the picture.

[ In Reply To ..]
It isn't the job one does, it's HOW one is compensated for it. And production blows, no matter what type of work you do.

Deja Vu anyone - MT biz 10 years ago. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
some coders already get paid by production - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
And have for years. Some coders like it.
Some MTs used to prefer production pay, too - back in the day when it all wasnt - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
so crazy and greedy. Back when pay was 12 cpl, minimum line counts were lower, headers/footers and spaces were paid for, and production-based MTs could make more than hourly did.

But then, during those years when production pay began to plummet, yet hospital inhouse pay was still getting cost-of-living raises, the hourly MTs passed the production MTs, and kept right on going. That is, until nearly ALL the inhouse jobs disappeared, were sold out to the MT companies, and offshored.

As long as coding production pays more than hourly, go for it and enjoy the heck out of it. But the more of the work that goes to outsourced coding, the more "competition" will factor into things, and the per-chart pay will start to drop. It has to, in order for the outsourcing companies to rake in their customary obscene profits.

Similar Messages:

ESL And ?new Stress Type. S/l Notambaki Stress Test. Nm
Jul 14, 2014

x ...

Question For Coder & Coder 2
Sep 28, 2013

When asked to code pulmonary nodule, with no other information, how can you tell the correct code?  Under nodule I see pulmonary, solitary 793.11, I see lung, solitary 793.11 & solitary, lung 518.89. I already know that the 518 one is correct but I have no idea why. ...

Christmas Carol For MT's - :Do You Hear What I Hear?" Nm
Nov 29, 2009

nm ...

Stress Test Help Please
Mar 24, 2010

He dictates:  Nuclear stress test using s/l rag-oh-DYE-noh-scan .... He not so helpfully spells it  "rageodescan" which is not correct and does not help at all in a search. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks. ...

Stress Test Help
Sep 12, 2011

After a Bruce protocol stress test says "It was an appropriate ______ response."  Kind of sounds like allotropic which doesn’t make sense to me. THANKS!!    ...

FIESA = STRESS
Apr 10, 2013

I don't know how much longer I can take FIESA...I even hate that name. Nit picking on everything...does it ever get better? ...

No More Stress-woohoo
Jul 10, 2013

I quit my job due to health issues and my stress level has gone way down.  I worked for 8 years here and it was okay.  There were tough times, but it was mostly okay because my TSM/CCM left me alone but were accessible if needed.  They answered my emails and phone calls (even though there were about 5 or so different ones through the years).  It was just aggravating when good accounts would go to ASR.  But, I don't have to worry anymore.  Hope things get better ...

QA Talk
May 03, 2011

Over my many years in this industry, I have worked with tons of QA folks.  I was also one of them.  Most of them were great.  Also always wondered why everything does not go thru QA.  They QA all kinds of products in other industries like food products, toys, cars, etcetera.  ...

For Anyone To Come On Here And Talk About
Mar 20, 2014

yet unrealized position is just plain unprofessional. What reaction did you really expect? What was the purpose? Right now you have a piece of paper and a promise. Why not wait out the 6 months and then 2 long Mmodal years and then come back and share your journey of a lifetime. Don't forget, they once sold VR as the ticket to tripling your wages. Now that that train has run off the tracks, they need a new "dream" to suck you in. The promise of #30/hour is probably nothing more t ...

Stress Echo Protocol Help Please
Feb 11, 2010

Looking for a protocol for a stress echo that s/l MBA exilier?? Can't reference anything similar.  Thanks so much!! ...

Stress Test - METS
Mar 14, 2010

Would like anyone's opinion regarding how METS should be typed in reference to a stress test.  I have been typing it as METS for yrs and yrs, now on a newer account it was corrected to METs.  I've found it both ways when researching.  TIA for input.  ...

Cardiac Stress Test
May 04, 2010

I cannot understand what is being said at the end of this sentence as the doctor stumbles over the word and I don't have much experience when it come to stress test to be able to figure out which word this should be (under procedures).  "1. Cardiac stress test.  She had normal hemodynamic response to pharmocologic therapy. Clinically negative for ischemia, chest is negative for ischemia, (sensographically) negative for ischemia or infarct."  Also, should I make each ischemia ...

Cardiac - How To Type Nuc-med Stress?
Mar 31, 2011

Should it be nuc or nuke?  ...

ESL & Poor Dictator Stress
Feb 01, 2013

No more microscopic QA dissection for me. My new plan is to shoot the job full of blanks and send it in - far less stressful for sure. Each and every time I hear something that I am not 100% sure of - they get a blank. This is not now nor was it ever MY personal problem. Today I'm quite tired of being penalized for someone else's inability to dictate clear enough to perfectly discern what was said. No more cleaning up sentences either. QA: Verbatim you want? Verbatim you get. ...

Finally Got Out, Stress Level GONE
Sep 22, 2014

I finally got to the point I hated time for work.  I went through 2 buyouts and it just seemed to get worse.  I have watched QA people busted down due to not getting enough lines per hour, which is impossible when there's not enough work, and when most of the acute care work was 100% listens.  I got ONE raise in 7 years yet the duties kept piling on and found out some were making 4.00 an hour more than me in lower positions. On days off you were expected to join meetings no m ...

All This Monitoring Talk
Jun 24, 2010

I realize we work on production and that we're not making money when our fingers aren't moving, but I don't think there are too many jobs where you're actually actively working for the entire 8-hour shift.  There's always downtime.  I understand it being a problem if people aren't producing a reasonable amount of work during their shift, but come on!  Being chastised for stepping away from the keyboard for a bathroom break or to grab a cup of coffee i ...

Please Talk Me Down From Self-destruction
Apr 28, 2011

To make a long story short, I don't agree with QA scores I was given at my job.  I received an e-mail about it and need to reply nicely and suck it up, not unleash and possibly get fired. lol. I have to keep this job and need the money. Please talk me down. It's sad how medical transcription companies expect you to be 100% perfect. It seems like the MT is always wrong. Not QA, not the supervisors, not the presidents of the company. Whenever things go wrong, the MT alway ...

Let's Talk About The Pay We Deserve, Shall We?
Dec 01, 2011

Just for the sake of simplification, let's say there are 3 kinds of MTs: 1.  The MT who does absolutely any work type; operative notes, radiology, hematology, cardiology, neurology, and all the hard stuff, including difficult ESLs.  Good audits and production.  Good at VR. This MT is also certified. 2.  The MT who is not certified but has at least 10 years experience, many specialties, ESLs, good audits, VR, and excellent production. 3.  The newbie who ...

I Have To Thank All Of You Who Talk About Law Suits
May 14, 2012

You've made this board so completely boring that I no longer feel the need to come here every day.    ...

Applying To Talk To Amy?
Jul 27, 2012

Out of 4 slots how many of those do you think will be given to MTs?  I wish whoever is applying good luck. ...

What Is All This Talk About Using F11 All Of A Sudden?
Sep 19, 2012

I used it ONCE and got an e mail from my CCM to PROVE in Remedy and cc her where it needed to be straight typed.  I was told even if I could, to NEVER EVER use it again.  She meant it. So why do I see several threads and suggestions here about people using F11 a lot or suggesting we use it all the time?  I used it ONCE and got called down.  The ONLY reason I was excused was I put in Remedy the job number and a good reason.  However, I was WARNED STRONGLY to NE ...

Let's Talk About Spark!
Oct 28, 2013

Okay seriously..  Spark, the new instant messenger for Nuance times out for inactivity every 4 minutes, obviously set that way by Nuance since the Spark instruction page on their own website says it times out every 20 minutes.  Here's to the Nuance Police and their new "big brother" software! ...

S/l Lexi Myoview Stress Test??
Dec 27, 2009

It s/l Lexi Myoview stress test.  What is the Lexi?? ...

A Free While-You-Work Stress Buster
Jan 23, 2010

I've found a wonderful way to reduce stress while working long hours.  It reduces dramatically the times I've wanted to choke some of the bad dictators I seem to constantly get.  It's called ShoutCast and it's free internet radio.  You don't need to download anything if you have WinAmp on your PC.  It plays nonstop, no commercials, etc.  I keep the volume very low at 1 or 2 on the WinAmp player so it plays in the background through my headset and ...

Word Help For Stress Incontinence Patient
Sep 22, 2010

Hi, I have a repair of bladder incontinence using an Align sling. It sounds like he is saying "the s/l pool tube sucker was used for spacing." It could be pull-tip sucker or something like that, but I can't find anything that would help. ...

"I Am Uncertain As To Whether Or Not The S/l Stress Raisors
Jan 19, 2011

of the hardware may cause another fracture".  Thanks for any help!   ...

LF Function On A Stress Test?=Editing
May 07, 2013

What is "moderate LF function" on a nuclear stress test? I am editing a report. Thank you. ...

Are Stress Tests Considered Radiology?
Feb 03, 2015

x ...

Get Ready For Lots More Stress Now At Synernet
Mar 19, 2015

as they ramp up for summer. Having people off means we have to work harder and more OT because we've just been having such an easy time of it. Warnings and threatenings. All they know. Turn around times not being met? It's because we're so lazy. Hiring all the time? Still not enough staff; never enough staff. Cheery picking; never addressed. Rotten VR; never addressed. Never knowing what work, which doctors, or work types your're going to be doing anymore; never addressed. Co ...

Podiatry -- Treatment For Stress Fracture
May 29, 2015

PLAN: (s/l ally mats) with first ray cut-outs were given to the patient bilaterally.  Cannot find anything similar to ally mat thank you ...