A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I have no idea what kind of math they are using - to get the piece rate

Posted: Dec 14, 2011

In any case, I've been ignoring it.  You can double check your pay by taking the amount of money in the Current column and dividing that by the number of lines in the Piece Units column. 

It may be a little bit more if you work nights and get the shift differential as it seems that they add that on.  It would be nice if they would show that in a seperate row like they did before Ultipro

what is piece rate - dont use ultipro

[ In Reply To ..]
I dont even know how to use Ultipro, so I have no idea what a piece rate is. Is that how they calculate minimum wage or something?

Similar Messages:

Been Doing The Math...
Mar 08, 2012

...and I'm wondering about everyone else's situation.  If I work diligently and have work available, I can do 300-350 lph in SR, so that's $12-$14 an hour.  My hours actually spent engaged in my job, getting ready for my job, getting to my job, getting home from my job, etc. are basically the hours I'm working and the few minutes it takes me to boot up.  I have no car (don't need one--spouse and I work the same hours), no uniforms, no lunches out, no conve ...

New Math?
Jun 04, 2014

Just got notified the national audit team did a June audit on me and I failed.  I had the incorrect birth date.  Stupid me.  I am usuallly so careful that what is dictated and what ADT have are in sync.  This 1 got by me.  Said my audit score was 96.75.  If a critical error is 3 points, how can this be?  Even 97 would be failing.  HMMMM?  Guess slow down and triple check everything.  Back on the "worry wagon" again.  What will happen? ...

Let's Do The Math
Jan 14, 2015

Let's say you have 1,000 MTs.  If N manages to keep $100 per week per employee due to penalties, that is $100,000 each week that Nuance gets to keep....for nothing.  Multiply that by 52, and they get $5,200,000 to keep per year just on platform, QA, QC, LPH.  And how many MTs are there?  And how much more than $100 are we losing?  But heaven forbid they have to increase you by a few dollars to get you up to minimum pay.  Check where your total lines are comin ...

Anyone Out There Really Good At Math?
Mar 16, 2010

I've tried to do the math to figure exactly how much of an "increase" this is.  I'm sure it's chicken feed, but since I keep getting a different answer when I try, I'll never know. I subtracted my old rate from my new rate and got 0.0013.  Is this 1/13th of a cent my raise per line?  Lordy that cannot be right!   I kept doing it over and got different answers, and I don't know how, but math isn't my forte.  What does 0.0013 mean?  Is i ...

Not Good At Math...
Aug 30, 2010

If you were to be paid 0.80 cents for every 1000 keystrokes, what would that be equivalent to?  ...

Has Anybody Done The Math For The Incentive And
Oct 17, 2010

I'm unsure if my math is correct, but this is what I got.  I average about 300 lines an hour for my 8-hour shift.  In order to reach the cap over the 4 days, I would need to type 16,666 lines above my normal line count.   That would be 4167 lines extra a day.  In my case, at 300 lph, that would be almost 14 more hours I would have to work daily on top of my normal 8.  I suppose 1 hour to sleep and 1 hour for eating and potty breaks a day is all I need, right?& ...

I Stink At Math
Mar 22, 2012

Here's my deal...I got a report a couple of days ago that shows my avg LPH for the previous ppd along w/ some other stats.  It shows that I edit appx 300 LPH (cut me some slack as I'm fairly new on these auths).  If I multiply that by an 8-hr shift and my line rate (0.045 cpl), I keep coming back to about $20 more per day than I'm actually getting.  My straight transcription pays about double the VR edit rate, so WTH am I missing.Apologies for being dense, but I rea ...

Need Math Conversion
Sep 24, 2014

if my current job is calculating a line at 55 char w/spaces and a prospective job calculates a line at 65 char w/spaces -- I am so dumb with math anymore -- what would be the equation I'd use for figuring LPH that I might make in an hour on new job? thanks!! ...

Cut In Pay Varies, I Did My Math
Dec 03, 2014

Many posts on this convoluted mess called a compensation plan. Here are my positives: 1) I don't have to notify payroll if they posted more lines than I should have gotten. I have no clue how many compensated lines I should be given. 2) I don't have to notify payroll if they overpaid me. I will never know. 3) I will know where all the food banks are and every other means of help with utilities, etc. Now, here's my negative after doing the actual math: 1) I am losing $350 per ...

Fuzzy Math
Apr 02, 2015

I just received my March report, graded at 99.3% and the accepted standard is 99.6%. There were 5 audited reports - 3 @ 100%, 1 @ 99.75% and 1 @ 99.3% which was the last one. My March report said I averaged 99.3% and need to improve quality, proofread, ADT screen, dates, labs and so on. Problem is, one missed comma gave me the 99.3% score. Yes, one comma in that report, nothing else was noted. Just doing simple math to come up with an average score for my audited reports (5) is 99.81% surpass ...

Did My Blank Math
Apr 04, 2015

I was consistently going over the metrics for blanks being submitted to the client and decided to keep track of why I was sending those blanks.  It turns out that 77% of my blanks are due to either discrepancy or audio issues; blanks that I am positive nobody could fill in.  77%!  These metrics either need to be done away with or adjusted for doctors that don't take the time to not be idiots.  The most common discrepancy is incorrect age or something else that I can fill ...

Is This Correct Math?
Jun 10, 2015

If I am part time at a company that pays 3 cpl and I do 1000 lines a day - that is only $30 before taxes?  I must be doing something wrong here mathwise. ...

Need Some Help With Math Regarding Line Count
Mar 18, 2010

What in the heck does .05 for every 43 black characters equal out to. It doesn't sound good but I'm no math whiz. Maybe, I'm missing something and who pays like that. What happened to X-amount of cpl based on a 65-character line..or even a gross line. I suspect it's a sneaky way to screw you but I could be wrong. ...

Who's Decent With Math? Have A Question About That 5%......
Oct 05, 2010

Okay, so today if I did 1320 lines and sent 93 lines to QA, which was only 2 reports all day.  Wow it adds up fast!  This is more than 5% for today (not sure exactly what % but I'm sure it's over 5%).  I'm pretty sure this is an average day.  So, I'm still confused about how much we get docked.....will I get paid 3 cents less a line for EVERY line starting when I first go over 5% in any given week, which will be the FIRST day?  Will it be on EVERY lin ...

To Our Math Lovers: If You Withdrew $500 From IRA
Jan 27, 2011

have you REALLY lost, say over 20 years?  ...

Math Fun For Medquist Employees
Sep 15, 2011

search for the cpi calculator. Type in what you originally started making when you first worked for Q converted to dollars - like I started at 6 cpl, so I type in 6.00. then type in the year and calculate.  Mine comes up a little over 9.00. converting that to cents, I should be making a little over 9 cpl -- that amount has the same "buying power" as 6 cpl did when I started.  But actually I'm making a little over 7 1/2 cpl -- This works out to that I now have about 80-some percent ...

No Good In Math, Please Assist Me
Nov 21, 2013

found to be about one and a half to one and three quarters. How to write in numbers?? Thanks. ...

Mercedes Pay Cut - Would Someone Check My Math?
Sep 10, 2014

On reading the posts below, if an MT makes 8 cpl and pay is cut down to 6.5 cpl, that is an approximately 20% pay cut. Then, going from a 65-character line with spaces to VBC (a 65-character line without spaces), that is an approximately 30% pay cut. So, 20% plus 30% equals an overall 50% pay cut.  Can that possibly be correct? ...

I Suck At Math; Which Is The Larger Number: 0.180 Or 0.250?
Jun 21, 2010

Thanks!  ...

Math Whiz Help Needed. $25,000 At 3.00% Interest.
Jan 04, 2011

x ...

Welcome To Synernet Math. Fifty Licenses = 61, Sm
Jul 14, 2014

and maybe 20% equals over 50%. I hope my landlord understands this new math when I say that this is all my rent money and it is only half. ...

Taking A Stab At The Math Of $75/AUDIO Hour
Apr 24, 2013

If I understand this right, the calculation is $75 per audio hour - that means for every 60 minutes of dictation, the scribe is paid $75. If it takes one hour to complete the job, you make $75 per hour Two hours, $37.50 per hour. Three hours, $25 per hour. Four hours $18.75 per hour. What am I missing?  It typically takes at least three hours to transcribe one hour of dictation (audio).  If there is heavy formatting, difficult audio, etc., you can expect it to take longer.  U ...

Evidentally, 99.75 Plus 99.75 Averages Out To 99.50 (MM Math = Failed Audit.) NM
Mar 30, 2014

NM ...

Good Grief, My Time Czar Is SO Math Challenged!
Jan 28, 2015

Nm ...

Here's A Different Kind Of Job
Nov 17, 2012

write test questions http://www.geiswriters.com/ ...

Be Kind To Your TSM Day.
Dec 04, 2014

Seriously - they are being dragged through this with us. They need their jobs just like we do. I am sure they don't like it and their kool-laid pitchers are empty but they have to play the game. Let's just don't shoot the messenger - they are just trying to survive just like us. They don't like it anymore than we do but can't say it. :) ...

What Kind Of Clamp?
Jan 28, 2010

The uterus was clamped at the adnexa with a large _______ clamp. I really can't tell what it's saying...MAYBE "angled Z clamp", but I don't really know. It is a hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. What are my choices?  ...

What Kind Of Brainiac
Jun 01, 2010

puts a stutterer on ASR? ...

Some Kind Of Biopsy
Jan 04, 2011

She also is status post sigmoid loop colostomy in 2007 with _____ biopsy.  Sounds like the doc is saying ped-rectal biopsy.  Can't find it anywhere.  Any ideas? ...

What Kind Of Imaging?
Jan 12, 2011

Hello! :) I am trying to transcribe a radiology report and the Dr. said something that sounds like "flare imaging." Is there such a thing as flare imaging? This is the sentence: ..."increased signal on (flare) imaging, larger on the left than on the right."  Appreciate any insight! ~Lotte ...