A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I did not want lockdown to happen, - but been on the other side.

Posted: Jul 15, 2010

My group is not in lockdown yet.  I have been dreading it.  It seems like chaos and this was making me want to quit.  Although, these last 2 weeks, I have been on the other side where people have been jumping on and taking my work. 

Just found out that some MT's are supposed to work 12-24 hours a week and instead, they have been putting in anywhere from 28-48 hours in ONE week.  I work in the evenings and kept running out of work at 11PM!!!  What?  Just me and one other person are scheduled to work on a couple of accounts and instead for the last 2 weeks, about 8 people jump on and I have no work.  My hours for the last 2 weeks?  18 hours one week and 15 hours the other week.  I am supposed to get in 24 hours a week.  Yep, I am a little bit mad about it.  I do not jump on during the mornings or during the days and take away other MT's work, but they sure had no problem taking my work away.  Even at 1AM, I WAS OUT OF WORK and there were 3-4 people on taking my jobs.   What the heck?

So, I think I just might like this lockdown.  I have a total of 3 hours pay for admin pay because of running out of jobs EVERY DAY for the last 2 weeks. 

I have to agree with you...at first I was dreading lockdown.... - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
but my CCM insists it WILL actually reduce NJA. I'll believe it when I see it though. BTW, how can you tell if other people are on when you are and if they are not supposed to be? Maybe MQ put them on and overstaffed....wouldn't be the first absolutely ridiculous move MQ has made........

I was told there were 2 of us scheduled. - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
Two of us MT's were scheduled in the late evening as told by CCM. When I was in the backlog and looked at the reports, there were 10 reports assigned at once on my primary account which might mean: 10 reports assigned and with 2 reports per person, I figured there were 5 MT's on at once typing. Hope this makes sense. My CCM called and told me that MT's were getting in the late evenings when they were not supposed to and taking work away.

I did not want lockdown to happen - whatever

[ In Reply To ..]
I certainly understand where you are coming from. I personally will never jump in when its not my schedule. But, who is really to blame here. Its Medquist. People jumping on other's schedules are probably people who didn't get any during their shift and are being forced to make up time. MQ has put us all in a totally unreasonable position. No work during your shift, make it up (obviously on someone else's shift) or get released and earn nothing; or you can get a ticket requesting work be assigned which means that you are then on call to MQ for however many hours it takes to get your hours in (again, obviously during someone else's shift). The lockdown may benefit a few but I really think it might cause a mass exodos thereby giving CBay more reason to send the work overseas. People, there is no winning with this company and no way to earn a decent wage. Just my opinion.

PS to above posting - whatever

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, forgot. You can use your PTO which personally I won't do--- I NEED MY TIME AWAY FROM THIS JOB.

I understand if people do not have work - and want to make it up, BUT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told that these MT's are scheduled to work 24 hours a week and they have been getting 32-40 hours in just in that one week. One MT was scheduled for 16 hours and got 26 hours in.

That is what is concerning to me. I can understand trying to get your time due to no work, but some of these hours some MT's are getting are going overboard.

lockdown - hopefully never

[ In Reply To ..]
I see the problem with this company is total disorganization. I'm not on lockdown and hope it never starts. Excuse: Reorganization. Bull! This has been going on since before Spheris was even a part of it. Some accounts have too many people, some too few. I never used to run out of work on my regular accounts. Now, there is not enough work in my accounts for my shift and other accounts are having late work. I have been on my main accounts for a long time and apparently they put somebody new in there when they were not needed. Put them in the accounts that are actually needing help. Don't let part time workers come in and take our regular work when they need help elsewhere. Fix it so if you work over your part time hours, you go where work is behind, not in accounts where it takes away from people's regular work. It might actually involve a little work for the CCM, but tough.

Frankly, I think they are too big for their britches and can't keep track of who is doing what.

Exactly! Too big of a company now. - Do not forget though,

[ In Reply To ..]
The company wants to merge more with other companies. Going to get only bigger.

This from a post down below about AHDI and CBAY wanting to have even more acquisitions with other companies and grow BIGGER!

Gee, if I did not know any better, it seems like India wants to take over all our medical field down the road and it will get so big that we the people and the government will have no say so and we can do nothing about it because it will be too late to do a thing about. Yep, United States is being taken over.

Similar Messages:

Lockdown
Apr 06, 2010

Does anyone know if we have 15 minutes past our start time to sign in once lockdown starts?  I was told we had up to 15 minutes before our shift to sign in but nothing about afterwards.  Thank you!!  ...

What Is A Lockdown?
May 20, 2010

Okay, I finally applied but haven't been hired yet. Can someone please explain what the heck is a "lockdown?" I've seen the term on this board and I've never heard it before. Surely it isn't what I think it is.... locked out of the system and denied work for some reason? Thanks in advance. Now I'm thinking maybe I should not answer if they call. ...

Lockdown In North
Apr 06, 2010

Does anyone know when lockdown is for the north region? ...

Any Word Yet On Lockdown For North?
Jun 08, 2010

Just got a new CCM on Friday and she must be on vacation or something.  I know they keep pushing the date back due to "glitches".  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

No Word When The West Will Go On Lockdown? I Am NOT
Jul 13, 2010

looking forward to that at all.  If they could ensure there would be enough work during your ENTIRE shift I would have NO problem with it.  But what are we supposed to do when we get NJA.  Right now, my CCM just says to keep checking back throughout the day, which I do, and then I can almost always get my hours in that way.  Can anyone already on lockdown, FT, getting NJA shed some light on how they make up the time and if it is even possible?  ...

Lockdown/Swap Board
Jul 14, 2010

Just got email from CCM stating that soon we will be utilizing swap board.  Does anyone have any tips on this?  Has anyone been using this?  Is it hard to get make-up time this way? ...

Can CCMs Turn Lockdown On And Off?
Jul 19, 2010

Lockdown for us started last week and sometimes I can punch in earlier than 15 minutes and jobs keep downloading after my shift and other days I get the error message to contact my CCM.  Also last week there were 200+ shifts posted on the swap board to pick up and this week around 25 a day.  We also go from NJA to many late jobs in the matter of a day with no consistency.  Lastly, when I logged off my shift tonight the backlog for my account was very high with late jobs but n ...

What Is Schedule Reservation? Is That The Old Lockdown?
Aug 12, 2014

Received an email that soon Fluency and Teamwork will be linked and we will be using schedule reservation. If that is what I think it is, what is wrong with this company? That didn't work the first time, what makes them think it will work now? How can you lock employees out when there is no work on their shifts anyway? ...

MQ Wonders Never Cease- TAT Terrible Under Lockdown
Jul 20, 2010

We just got an email letting us know how terrible our TAT has been for the past week.  Um, we are on lockdown!  And even if I wanted to help out (which I don't) there are no shifts available on the swap board to help out.   So whose fault is it do you think?  Certainly not the MTs, but we are getting blamed and now asked to work OT with no shifts available to pick up.  This lockdown was supposed to be the answer to MQ prayers- watch me while I do an "I tol ...

What Happened To Schedule Reservation (aka Lockdown)?
Oct 17, 2010

what happened to schedule reservation (aka lockdown)? ...

Any Info When The Lockdown Happening In North Area?
Apr 28, 2010

: ...

Has Anyone Ever Had This Happen?
Apr 01, 2010

Pass your transcription test and have the recruiter say that she will call you at a certain time for an interview and then never call? ...

Has Anyone Had This Happen.....
Nov 12, 2010

Hi, don't know if this is the right place to ask, but two mornings in a row, I have received this in my Hotmail "junk" mail box.  It says "Private Notice" and the subject line says "YOU'RE DEAD."  Of course I haven't opened these and sent them directly to "delete."  Does anyone know if there's a new virus or worm or something going around like this?  Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them?  I've googled and checked Norton and McAfe ...

Anybody Have This Happen?
Mar 11, 2011

It seems like I am always changed to a different account whenever we have an incentive program going on. Is that their way of telling me they do not want me to make any extra money, not that I make much now, LOL. ...

Does This Happen To You...
Jan 23, 2012

You see a job listing, and when you click on it and read the description you think, "Hey, I can do that!"  You even think or know that you would enjoy doing that kind of work. Then you register and begin the online application process.  It's 29 pages, with every single detail about your jobs for the past 10 years REQUIRED/MANDATORY fields! You either begin the process with good intentions, but after a while you have a headache and tire of it so give up and either aband ...

Ever Happen To Anyone Else?
Jan 28, 2012

I edited a report in which I changed leukoesterase to leuk esterase, however, when I went to upload, spellcheck found "leukoesterase" which no longer was visible in the report (at least not what was on my screen!).  I went back in and deleted the whole word, then put it in again as two separate distinct words and that time, spellcheck accepted it.   But what worries me is does this occur other times?  Are our edits somehow NOT being recognized on the other end?  Heaven know ...

What Is Going To Happen To Me If My QA Is 99.3%
Apr 24, 2012

I have never had this much trouble before doing my job.  I will have 99% on those FIESA and then 1 report will be a C and my QA averages out to a "C" 99.3%.  What happens if I never get a score higher than that?  Fire me?   Cool beans!  Need a vacation anyway !!!    Seriously, what the hell is this QC crap?   How can FEISA be A, B or sometimes a C and the QC score is super low???? I think it's just so they don't have to pay bonuse ...

Does Anyone Happen To Know The Name Of The
May 16, 2012

person who owns Fast Chart?  I am going to report the things that have been going on to them. Of course, I tried that at another place (DSG) and it did no good.  Not one good place to work anymore:(( ...

How Did This Happen.....
Sep 05, 2012

How did we get to this point? I have been an MT for 35 years and how did we let our profession turn into the slave labor it has become. This used to be a great job, good pay and well respected. I read these boards and see all the complaints about low pay, no pay, no work, etc. and it makes me physically ill. But, I also know nothing will change if WE collectively do not demand and force change. I know people need their jobs and need money, I do too but at what cost? How long will we allow t ...

Wonder What Would Happen
Feb 09, 2013

Now I'll admit it would be a lot less interesting, but at least it wouldn't be so volatile all the time.  Sometimes I leave here just feeling like crap, even when I'm not involved, just from reading all the fighting going on. ...

Does This Happen With Anyone Else?
Feb 18, 2014

I've always been one of the ones who has been fairly comfortable with my job performance ... I'm a high producer and have always passed all my audits so I'm one that comes here to give support, and offer tips when they're warranted.  But, I just failed my last audit and now my confidence is completely shaken.  Before I log on to work I get butterflies, and feel a wave of "dread" come over me that makes me want to never log on to this company again.  I know ... ...

What Would Happen If?
Apr 17, 2014

I wonder what would happen if I didn't answer any emails anymore? I've been questioning my QC person about what I've been finding on feedback and got back a rather snarky e-mail about how I should know certain things, etc. How can I know when I get dinged for doing something by one person and dinged by another person for doing the same thing correctly? Can anyone who is QA tell WHY aren't you all on the same page. Everyone of you dings differently. Don't you have co ...

I Knew It Would Happen
Nov 25, 2009

I knew that sooner or later one of these Indian ESLs would revert back into speaking in their own tongue.  I suspected that before but it was just their way of speaking English.  I couldn't believe it when this guy today, midsentence, started talking in his Indian dialect.  He laughed at himself, embarassed, then continued in English.  I didn't find it funny. ...

So What's Gonna Happen To All The MME's?
Mar 03, 2010

Has anyone heard, been given notice, going back to MT'ing?? ...

Company Pay, This Ever Happen To Anyone Else?
Mar 19, 2010

So, I NEED a job!  I have one, but we are ALWAYS out of work and I need some supplemental income.  I apply for a full-time job (other job is IC) and it is Monday through Friday, full benefits, etc.  He ASKS me to tell him what I plan to make and I know lately everyone seems to be wanting to pay no more than 8 cpl and I WANTED the Monday through Friday, any hours, etc that the job offered, so I told him 8 cpl with spaces.  You know what?  He emails me back and says great, ...

I Said It Woudn't Happen But...
Feb 28, 2011

We were just informed that our facility is considering sending as much of 80% of its coding to India to cut costs.  They would keep only the most difficult work here in the US.  And so the downhill slide appears to be beginning.   Our company has informed us that most new clients are asking for an offshore option so as to cut the costs of coding.  I guess it is on to something new once again!  ...

Well It Was Bound To Happen.
May 21, 2012

Well I've been reading about it. Looks like it might happen in my neck of the woods now.  I work in a radiology department in a hospital where I get a semi-decent hourly wage plus incentive pay and it turns out to be a pretty decent job for me. We are short-staffed due to the inability to find qualified help or even just "trainable help" these days. I just got word that if we cannot keep up with our workload, it will be outsourced. My boss just told me within the last six months and s ...

Did Something Happen To MTDesk?
Dec 07, 2012

very long time.  When I checked it out today, it seemed like all the posts were really old.  Maybe I was doing something wrong.  ...

Has Anyone Heard About What Will Happen
Mar 09, 2014

I heard that there are approximately 500 billion XPs still in operation, way more than Microsoft estimated. Does anyone know if we're supposed to buy new PCs or if they'll be supplied? If we have to buy them, I'm toast. I frankly don't have the money and won't have it unless they give back what they stole. ...

If We Had A Union, This Would Not Happen, Sm.
Dec 17, 2014

I have always thought that if we had a union, companies could not get away with this behavior.  So why don't we have a union to represent us, any thoughts? ...