A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I've decided to apply at M Modal... - blondie

Posted: Apr 26, 2012

I believe M Modal is the only place hiring part time that will allow satellite.  I'm tired of hearing, "No, satellite is not compatible."  Sooo....

Anyone have any advice?  I will probably take the testing this weekend while I'm off. 

One good thing about M Modal is I don't think there is any worry of them being bought out by anyone... 

except maybe Nuance... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Nope...they are buying out Transcend which is where I am now... - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
They are buying Transcend and aren't going to allow sat internet. So that is why I'm getting a head start before the official turnover.

but I figure their eventual goal - is to take over the world

[ In Reply To ..]
of MT, and have set their sights on the Muddle. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Someone said before it'll be like Alien Vs Predator and the tag line from the movie was something like, "No matter who wins, we lose." Anyway, sorry you have been bought out and best of luck over here!
If Nuance took over MModal I would be be outta - here with the quickness. I would
[ In Reply To ..]
NEVER work for Nuance. They can say what they want about MModal, but Nuance sounds terrible.
6 of one ... - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for both and it's really a toss-up with a very tiny edge to Nuance. With the "M" I ran out of work constantly and hated the platform. With Nuance I like the platform and never run out of work but the pay is AWFUL!
I'm on a team where we *never* run out of work. - and my pay is better than what Nuance pays so...
[ In Reply To ..]
Guess I will be staying right where Im at.
So Funny - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Nuance and really needed the laugh, so thanks. Too bad it is probably very close to how it will all play out.

satellite - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe the others will follow and allow satellite also eventually.

Similar Messages:

Decided To Take A Job Doing SR With M-modal. Is That A Good Program?
Jan 26, 2012

I have limited experience with SR..  did it for a while about 4 years ago.  Couldn't make any money on it though.  I'm hoping this program is a lot better than the one I used back then and will actually LEARN.  Can people make money doing SR now??  Sadly, though, I think this is the future of transcription. ...

I Started To Apply At M*Modal Then Realized It Was MQ. I Escaped From There 2 Yrs Ago.nm
Sep 23, 2012

Getting Ouf Of MT, But Cannot Decided Which Way To Go...
Sep 29, 2010

I have made up my mind that I am getting out of MTing.  I am looking into coding through an online program, or getting my bachelors degree (also completely online).  I don't know which way would be more profitable/secure in the long run.  Coding, or getting my bachelors degree (my interests are computer science, psychology, or health information management, wide variety I know).  What do you think? ...

I Have Decided
Jan 16, 2012

to take a coding course. Now its just deciding where to go. I know a lot of you recommend Andrews School.  Has anyone taken the Allied schools course and actually gotten a job? Would you recommend them at all? Thanks. ...

How Pay Should Be Decided
Nov 18, 2012

Here is how I think pay should be decided... 1.  You are new you get 4 CPL until you prove yourself...quality, production, etc., then in 6 months you are evaluated and a raise could be granted, 3% of course. 2.  Everyone should be evaluated on job performance once a year and if you are a good employee a raise should be granted. 3.  I believe any employee who has been with the company for 5-10 years and tier 3 you should automatically be paid 6 CPL.  Let ...

I Have Decided I'm Fed Up With MT, And Getting Out.
Sep 10, 2013

I have a good job for now but am so fed up with people who can't speak English properly, the stuttering, slurring,  mumbling, whispering, and so on, not to mention coroprate bullcrap. I thought I could hang in there to retire, but I'm finally fed up.  Finally figured out something else I can do, a couple things.  I won't have one egg dependent on one basket, and will be much happier in the long run.    Plus no more office crap, which I despise. Just ...

What I Have Decided....sm
Nov 30, 2014

I have decided if this plan does turn out bad I will just sit back and work as usual. I make close to minimum wage now as it is. If I end up making only MW it wont make much of a difference. With that being said, I'll just work everyday and not push my self super hard to meet line requirements (it seems they are getting rid of them) and I wont work my tail off trying to meet all these requirements. I will work and do the best I can without stressing out all the while keeping my eyes op ...

I Think I Have About Decided On Scribe
Jul 19, 2012

I'd like to go into coding, and I think I'd be really good at it too, but medical scribe looks like the direction to go that would require the least amount of training.  I think as soon as the summer is over and I've taken my vacation and used up some PTO, I will apply for that.  Wish me luck. ...

I Have Decided To Quit....
Dec 23, 2012

This was not an easy decision.  I will be able to devote every day after Jan. 1st to find a job.  At this point, all I have to do is find something that pays minimum wage, isn't that sad!  But, something with a future and a company that gives raises, no matter how small and good insurance and time off.  This company will lose a very good MT who has had it.  I have tried to communicate on these boards my support of MModal.  It gave me hope.  I have none now ...

I Have Decided VR Is Just Dangerous!
Jul 31, 2013

Really, with this time of VR, who can actually be accountable for the errors in reports?  My VR is HORRID.  It will completely change the name of medications that the dictator dictates and on and on.  So, when a medical error is made, based on a report where the MT didn't catch a mistake on VR, how can they hold the MT solely responsible?  I mean, we didn't TYPE that error, we just missed a word while proofreading.  I wonder why they would allow something with ...

So While I'm OOW, I Decided To Job Hunt. Sm
Jan 21, 2015

I found several MT companies. When I clicked on "Heartland Info Services" - guess who popped up? NUANCE. WTH? Uh, no thanks. Trying to leave this place. Pretty shaddy of them to use a different name. ...

My Company, Lo And Behold, Has Decided
Apr 20, 2010

to give a little raise to anyone with CMT credentials.   Can anyone tell me if they have passed this test as a tier 2 (with little to no experience with operative reports).  I have about 10 years' experience but haven't done OPs.   Thanks in Advance! ...

Has Anyone Decided To Leave MT For Good Because
Oct 09, 2010

of no work, unable to find a new MT job, or simply sick and tired of it?  What did you decide to do?  I feel like I'm a bit too old to return to school (not to mention I couldn't afford to do it anyway).........  I'm afraid eventually (prob sooner rather than later) there will be no need for MTs anymore, either because they off-shored it all or hospitals go with systems like EPIC.  Does anyone have any advice for an ex MT on what type of job they could quality ...

Ever Gone Through New Hire And Decided You Didn't Want The Job?
Mar 20, 2013

Has anyone ever gone to work for one of the major transcription companies but then decided they did not want the job. More along the lines of doing the new hire and they realizing this is not a company you want to work for? ...

When Work Is Slow, How Is It Decided Who Gets Next Job?
Dec 31, 2014

Just curious.  I'm going to be working tonight when jobs will be few and far between.   When there are 2 or more people working, how does the system decide who gets the next job?   ...

After 30 Years Finally Decided To Embrace VR
Feb 11, 2014

This is a part-time 4 hour position, been at it for a month, and cannot get above 600 lines. I am editing on the Ex-Editor platform and I love it. Care to share any pointers, or things I can do to be more productive. I am definitely not using the mouse but still cannot get above 600 lines in 4 hours. I do have a full-time straight transcription position, and thought I would gradually ease into VR to build speed for what I will probably inevitably be doing. ...

I Have Decided To Name Nuance In My Will. That Way My Tombstone Can Read
Mar 05, 2015

Wait, what am I thinking, I won't have anything to leave them! Sad thing to see happen to so many unsuspecting innocents.         ...

I Decided To Change My Tact A Couple Of Years Ago.
Aug 26, 2010

I began to realize that my victim mindset was the reason I was being treated so badly professionally and socially. Even when I had a good job and good friends, I ended up sabotaging them.  After wising up a little bit in the School of Hard Knocks, I decided to try something different. I was going to work on my relationships both professionally and personally to see if I could get better results and resist the opportunity to strike back, quit my job, tell people off, and otherwise behave li ...

Today I've Decided On A Personal Protest Step To Help Myself.
May 01, 2012

My company has always invited us to create and store template dictations for common use by everyone. I've made many and been happy to share, and since they're good quality they're used by many, even some dictators to set up their own formal templates. It's always pleased me to be a team player, but, let's face it, this is only one more thing that allows my company to hire less skilled people and lower the line rates it pays me.  Just BTW, I figure it costs me proba ...

I've Decided I'm Not Going To Even Open The Boost Stat Emails
Jun 26, 2012

anymore.  What a morale killer, and they just tick me off.  I already know the shortcuts, but if I find it faster or less painful to mouse occasionally, then that's what I'm going to do.  As long as I'm meeting my quota, then please back off.  Jeez, I've never felt more smothered or stalked by a company. ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

Help -- How Do I Apply For PTO?
Oct 21, 2010

TIA for your help. ...

Should I Re-apply?
Nov 20, 2010

I applied to RI Unlimited 3 months ago and never heard back--should I reapply?  I got emails saying that I passed everything and then they said I would hear back but never did.  What is your advice? Thanks. ...

How Do You Apply For MTS Job?
Jan 26, 2011

I'm interested in applying for the MTS job posted, but I can't find a place on their web site to send a resume.  What am I missing?  I called the 800 number and it just had a menu for unrelated departments. ...

Should I Even Apply?
Sep 04, 2012

I just got an e-mail from a recruiter from Nuance asking me if I would like to apply for a job; i.e. they took over my former place of employment's transcription department and I had originally applied so I could stay on, but then decided not to-thus they still had my contact info. The recruiter said that they had merged with Transcend and that there was plenty of work, etc. I do need a job as my unemployment benefits will be running out by the beginning of the new year, or sooner if phas ...

How To Apply At MQ
Jun 21, 2013

How do I apply for work at MQ?  ...

Trying To Apply
Jul 08, 2014

Trying to apply at the Mmodal website but MT doesn't come up as an open job.  Are they still under a hiring freeze? ...

Apply To Companies
Nov 28, 2009

Who can answer my questions? 1.  When is a better time to apply to companies: Beginning of December 2009 or beginning of January 2010 ? 2.  What VR platform/software does Focus use? Is their transcription test timed? 3.  What VR platform/software does Medquist use? TIA       ...

FYI - Those Who Might Apply With Teletrak
Jan 16, 2011

Just want to be sure my fellow MTs are well informed.  If you apply at Teletrak, be prepared to be offered 8 cpl for 65 VBC line - this amounts to approximately 30% reduction in pay with the negative spaces.  I used several old reports and figured line counts all ways and it was almost 30% less each time with VBC.  I was told by the recruiter, "You'll probably have to work a few extra hours a day to make what you're used to, but in order to keep the client in a long-term ...

Fingerprinting To Apply For A Job? Seriously?
May 02, 2011

Never heard of such a thing! If this company does any outsourcing I hope the outsourced transcriptions also have to undergo this. This is totally absurd! ...