A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Going deaf - anon

Posted: Mar 12, 2015

One account features soft spoken dictator, turn the volume UP to hear.  Next dictator is LOUD, turn the volume down.  What, I can't hear you. 

Wish there was some way it could be fixed so that we don't bounce back and forth.

Yeah, right. 

I hear ya! - amie

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm going for a hearing test tomorrow! I'm afraid this job is ruining my hearing!

Similar Messages:

OMG, I Must Be Going Deaf.
May 25, 2014

For the last 7-8 days I have been having a horrible time hearing dictation.  I've tried several different headsets, and nothing seems to help.   Is there any way to amplify the sound beyond 100%? ...

Paranoid Or Deaf?
Jul 15, 2010

OK I am probably getting totally paranoid now, but do you think they manipulate the sound and speed of the dictations?  I have been typing for years now for MQ and all of the sudden, the sound is really muffled and I am having to turn the bass down, and I have had to back it up a couple of clicks on the speed.  Am I just getting old and deaf (and apparently hearing more slowly)?  Also anybody else besides me noticed the discrepancy between minutes of dictation and lines typed on ...

Have I Gone Deaf Over The Last Week Or So?
Sep 01, 2013

I can't understand anyone here lately whats up with that? Tried volume, speed, tone, you name it ...

Either I Am Going Deaf Or These Doctors Are
Sep 12, 2014

Becoming more and more inconsiderate..Mumble, half words, dictate at the speed of light..God I hope there are doctors that come to this site cause the company sure doesn't give us any help in making them act like responsible adults. I know your job is hard, but mine is to document what you say accurately, give me a fighting chance please.. ...

Falling On Deaf Ears
Jun 19, 2015

x ...

Is The Use Of "deaf And Dumb" Even Appropriate?
Sep 12, 2013

I have a doctor dictating "The patient is deaf and dumb".  Isn't this an old school saying?  It seems wrong for a doctor to be saying this but thought I'd see what others though.  ...